Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:11 am

With nothing heard or seen nearby, Galaeron set to searching the dead to see if they carried anything which might explain their presence in the mines.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 26 Listen 20 Search 24 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
Last edited by sirfinn on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:13 am

Image
Standing in the passage on Guard, Ghost waited to see if his companions would uncover in clues to the critters presence in the mines.
Actions | Show
Move:
Spot: 6 Listen: 18 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:01 am

~ Day 6, 09:33 – The Silverhall Mine Main Cavern~The insectoid bodies had no articles of clothing on them to search. If they actually used tools or carried possession at all, the dead ones there in the cavern certainly did not have any. Perhaps they stashed them someone else, or maybe they just did not need them. From the corpses, Galaeron was not able to tell.


Tactical Map | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12272
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Tasha had not found anything useful. The tracks were different and hard to actually pick out direction of travel. She recalled the insectoid ogres and said, “Considerrring we arrre facing larrrge insects, I will point out that the ogrrre ones werrre able to climb walls just as easily as the floorrr. Trrracking them will prrrove difficult with these rrrock walls.”

“Now wherrre shall we go? We found the sourrrce of the waterrr. Therrre arrre still some otherrr tunnels this level too.”

“If we head down, which way?”


Actions | Show
Move to –A17, looking for tracks and finding secret doors
Take 10 on Search (+10) and Survival (+8)
Spot and Listen (13,22)

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:40 pm

"Fair point, that", Olbryn considers Tasha's suggestion that the r'Karg could easily move along walls. She suddenly looks up and carefully scrutinises the ceiling, as if expecting to see some kind of secret passage in the dead end from which the three creatures might have emerged.

"If it's all the same to everyone, I suggest we check out the tunnels on this level first before moving down further. I don't relish the chance of any more of those buggers sneaking up on us from behind as we investigate the lower levels. Does anyone require any medical attention at this point? Otherwise, I say let's press on and not linger here - the noise from the fight might attract others..."

She joins Kailus in the connecting tunnel leading back towards the mine entrance, looking and listening for more r'Karg, or anything else untoward for that matter.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Continued Spot & Listen checks (Round 11 since being asked): 8 and 13 respectively (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11840480#post11840480)
Move action: Move to D11.
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:13 pm

"I agree." Kailus nodded. "We need to keep our exits clear in case of trouble. We check out this entire level before continuing down."



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:22 am

"Our recently departed foes carried little more than than their claws and chitin."
"Staying together and clearing this level is a prudent choice before venturing downward. Anything we might glean from our search will aid in our scant knowledge of what might be below." Galaeron picked up the lantern, "let us continue."


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 15 Listen 18 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11843679
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:27 am

Image
Wary of further assault form hidden foes, Ghost readied his Everburning Torch. His shortsword still in hand.
"Aye, let us proceed."

Actions | Show
Move:
Spot: 5 Listen: 9 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11844896

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:38 am

"Not a Scratch, Olbrrryn," Tasha answered when the cleric asked about injuries.

She nodded in agreement, "Verrry well. Let's be carrrefull. I'll look forrr trrraps and trrracks as we go."

Tasha moved past the others to take her place up forwards alongside Ghost. She paid attention to the walls and floor in particular, but often glanced up at the ceiling too. She did not want to be surprised because she had not bothered to look up. Having another foe that could climb walls and ceiling certainly made things trickier. The feline was also a little concerned that the dark carapaces were helpful to camouflage among the rock. Also, while they had defeated five of them without getting scratched, the wounds they inflicted had been slowly healing before her eyes and that could be dangerous if she faced greater numbers.


Actions | Show
Continue exploring, looking for tracks and finding secret doors
Take 10 on Search (+10) and Survival (+8)
Spot and Listen (23,26)

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 am

~ Day 6, 09:40 – The Silverhall Mine first level ~As teh group continued to explore and thoroughly check the remainder of the current level, they had not heard anything more from the insectoid creatures. There were plenty of signs they had moved across the floor, but the tracks did not appear to help as they were going in both directions for the passageways and often let right up against a wall where the creatures could have climbed and continued their travels.

Several minutes later the group had finished checking the other dead-end tunnels on the current level. They were empty of the insectoid creatures and only that one tunnel showed signs of flooding.

After coming back to an intersection off the main chamber with the rock slide, the group had discovered there were a total of four different ways down to the next levels. There was the makeshift elevator, and then three different holes in the floor to crawl down ladders. Two of those ladders only lead down about 20-30 feet while another went about 40-50 feet down just like the elevator shaft.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12272
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:41 am

Image
"We are going to do the search methodically. The 20-30ft shafts first then the deeper ones later." Ghost asked as he poked his Everburning Torch down the nearby hole.
"Did anyone hear that below?"

Actions | Show
Move: Shaft edge observation
Spot: 19 Listen: 23 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:45 am

With lantern in hand, "So who goes down first?" Galaeron queried as the group paused to decide on the next course of action.
"The dwarves are likely in the lower levels but any foes we don't dispatch descending, will likely cut our retreat line if we should need it."
"An interesting tactical situation to decide upon."


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 18 Listen 21 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:08 am

"the dwarves have been here for a good long while." Kailus explains, "A few hours delay is unlikely to harm their chances of surviving. But checking out the higher tunnels might greatly increase ours."

"We should definitely check out the upper tunnels."



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Olbryn nervously hops from one foot to the other, anxious to get going and see whether any of the dwarves might still be alive. "Yes, absolutely, we should investigate the upper tunnels first. That makes perfect sense. But let us hurry, for the love of Mother Mya!"

She moves over to the entrance to one of the shorter vertical tunnels, and carefully peers over the edge into the gloom. "I dunno", she says quietly to the others, "all I see down here is the ladder... Galaeron or myself seem to have the best armour, so perhaps one of us should go down first?"

She looks at the others to see if anyone has any objections, checking her crossbow in preparation for going down the ladder.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Continued Spot & Listen checks (Round 12 since being asked): 6 and 7 respectively (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11862861#post11862861)
Move action: Move to D11.
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Galaeron knew as his question had left his lips he would like have to descend first. "I will descend first this time, you do it next time Olbryn."
Attaching rope to the lantern handle, Galaeron lowered it down so he could see the floor below.
Once the lantern had grounded safely he descended the ladder.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 18 Listen 21 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron