Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby DM Bot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Fresh from your adventures and loaded down with the spoils of your efforts, destiny would have it that you’d find yourselves stepping through the heavy doors of the Twirling Copper Inn and Tavern. For some it was a first time visit and for others it would be a welcome return.

The tavern was busy as ever, full of life and sound, wafting pipe smoke filled the air and sloshing mugs of ale gave evidence of the merry atmosphere. A barmaid passed by in a blur, “take any open seat and I’ll get to ya in a minute hun” she said in a friendly voice. She was a middle aged woman, although still lovely; she had the look of a veteran about here, clearly no stranger to the rough types that frequented the Twirling Copper.

The well-known owner of the Twirling Copper and prominent member of the Adventurer’s Guild, a tough looking old dwarf named Deves Markham, sat alone at his own table separated from the rest where he was known to conduct business.
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:57 am

Tasha had not needed much in the way of refitting after the last excursion to Forttown. So the feline scout spent more time hanging around the Adventurer’s Guild listening for rumors and opportunities for new quests and the like. She had expected the others would be along shortly.

She sat down. "Hello therrre, Masterrr Marrrkham. You hearrrd about the trrroubles with the hobgoblins down by Forrrttown? They have been prrroperrrly dealt with."

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 48 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:01 am

Kailus enters the tavern and heads to the bar before he looks around. Spotting Tasha, he nods to her as he proceeds to order a goblet of red wine to wash away the smell of the stables.

His new boots had been cleaned and buffed enough to remove even the smallest trace of that hobgoblin smell, and he had come to terms with the sale of Ardent and the purchase of a new horse, Rhone.
Now sporting more elaborate attire than when he was travelling he was dressed in a black velvet cloak with a silver lining, over a white dress shirt. Although no jewelry adorned him, his clothes were undeniably from a quality tailor.

Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current:17
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Joph » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 am

The hexblade looks at the rabble gathered in the tavern. Did they even realize that he and his companions had saved them from hobgoblin and werewolf menaces? No matter. Markham sat nearby, and Belmar takes his own chair. "Tasha speaks truly, sir. They also had a manwolf amongst their kind, and he was slain as well." He looks at Kalius in his new outfit and smiles. He says to him, "Looking excellent, Kalius. Hopefully your magic will be just as delightful as your attire."


Actions/Rolls | Show

Belmar's Mini-Stats | Show
Belmar's Sheet
Current AC: 19 (13 Touch/17 Flatfoot).
Current HP: 50/50
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Guisarme.
Conditions: None.
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:22 am

Kailus nods back at Belmar replying, "It is not travelling attire, so I fear that I will be changing for any further journeys."

"Only time will tell what my magic can achieve next time we are about."

Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current:17
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby DM Bot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Deves nods with approval with tales of the group’s success. “You lot have done well!” he exclaims with pride, “come, we’ll drink in your honor” he says, motioning to the ever full pitcher at his table and raising his own mug. Several empty cups already sit upon the table, likely used by Deves but it would be rude to refuse such a gesture from a dwarf, would it not?

Deves merrily continues, as you gather and fetch your drinks, “I knew from the moment I seen ya that I had me a good thing on me hands.” The dwarf boasts in a prideful tone as he continues to drink, ale spilling down his beard. “Now I be glad you all have come back, I’ve got somethin for ya if you be interested. Somethin for only me best lads too and I think you be just right for it if you’re interested?”
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Kailus accepts Deves' offer at the table, but brings his own wine, preferring that to ale, more so from a second hand mug.

Though he would have liked to refuse further offer from the dwarf, his finances would not stand it.
If galled him that he had fallen so low as to take what ever scrap any old dwarf had to offer.
He gazed away for a brief second in thought of what once was, before snapping back.
This was the path he had chosen. He must see it through no matter the ordeals he must face.

Smiling, (a little forced) he says. "If it pays well, then we might be. Tell us about it."


Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current:17
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
Last edited by Kailus Elboran on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:19 am

Tasha gave a the elven wizard a whisker twitching look with an arched eyebrow. She was trained to hunt arcanists for a reason, and often she had to wonder about this one that she was adventuring with.

She took a seat and poured herself a mug. She did not immediately take a sip though.

"I am not a lad, but I can agrrree rrregarrrdless… assuming the task is worrrthwhile and the payment will be apprrroprrriate."

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 48 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Joph » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Belmar takes the drink and greedily begins downing it. Not often he was offered free brew. He could get used to this adventuring thing. Belmar states, "Kalius has the right of it. What's the task, and what kind of payment are we looking at?" He had to appreciate a fellow caster interested in coin, though he doubted Kalius was so much of a bounty hunter as Belmar could be. He keeps his eyes on his patron, eager to hear how much he'll be reaping from this mission.


Actions/Rolls | Show

Belmar's Mini-Stats | Show
Belmar's Sheet
Current AC: 19 (13 Touch/17 Flatfoot).
Current HP: 50/50
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Guisarme.
Conditions: None.
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby DM Bot » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Image
Deves raises his drink yet again as he listen to each response in turn with a grin, “ah, well I’ll be a shaved Halfling! Seems you lot have learned a bit about business since last we met, always get your price first! Good, very good lads… and lass!” He says excitedly.

“Now as for this offer, it comes from me cousin Hrugni in the north what owns a trading company, tells me he has need of a resourceful and skilled bunch. All he’d say to me is that he’s gone and discovered himself something real important and needs help in its acquisition. He’s got a wagon of goods headed north from town in the morning and says he’d be willing to pay you just for making the journey.”
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:07 pm

"And then we discuss the actual pay on finding out what the task is?" Kailus fills in the blanks,
"It is enough to peak my interest. And I don't have any aversion to heading north." In fact north would be further from here which would suit him.

"So is he paying us guard duty rates on the caravan?" he adds with a thought, "After all he is getting his caravan guarded thrown in."


Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current:17
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:43 am

Tasha nodded and confirmed, "Rrright, these arrre two separrrate tasks as Kailus pointed out?"

Guarding a small caravan was easy enough and it was only a convenience because they needed to go to the same destination it would be of little trouble.

"Is yourrr cousin herrre? Orrr arrre we negotiating with you instead?"

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 48 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby DM Bot » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Image
Deves sits up and leans over the table to refresh his drink, “Hrugni be a busy fellow, can’t be expectin him to be making personal visits for every venture. All he says to me is that he be needing some skilled individuals and he be willing to pay em just for the trouble of making the trip.”

Deves settles back into his seat, content with his renewed beverage, “I don’t be knowing anything about guard duty, think he’s got his own boys for that.”
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 am

Tasha’s whiskers twitched as once again Deves avoided half her question and neglected to mention actual payment values.

“Masterrr Deves, we pay dues to this guild with the expectation of you looking out forrr ourrr interrrests.”

“If you arrre arrrranging ourrr help, then what is the payments being offerrred?”

“If we arrre to be paid by simply showing up at his business in the norrrth, then his trade shipment from herrre is not ourrr concerrrn. We would trrravel much fasterrr by ourrrselves.”


Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 48 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:17 am

"I agree, it is good news that we do not have to worry about this caravan." Kailus smiles.
"I thought for a moment that we had to guard the caravan. These laden wagons make for targets for bandits. and us four armed adventurers alone do not."

"You however suggest that we can join the caravan or leave it at our discretion, with no responsibility to your cousin to stay and guard it," Kailus clarifies the point.
"It gives us a lot more freedom on the journey to investigate or even make our own way there.."

"So, how much is he paying us to make the trip?"

Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current:17
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Next

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron