Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:27 am

With only one offensive spell remaining, and knowing that he was not going to help much with his bow, Kailus casts Flaming Sphere, concentrating the sphere upon the Hobgoblin that is out of the tangle spell.


Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Cast the flaming Sphere at H6 (S36)


Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 17 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current: 1711
Current Weapon in Hand: nothing (LH), & longbow (RH)

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Ryllian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Seeing the opponent on Echo's left fall, Ryllian switches targets to the other attacker besieging the raptor. She lets two arrows fly at the goblinoid and while the first finds it mark, the second arrow came too fast, too close to the first and flew away.

Echo follows his mistresses lead and tears into the lone assailant, rending with claws but missing with teeth and tail; the vicious attack leaves the hobgoblin dying on the ground, more meat than man.


Ryllian - HP: 37/37, AC: 21 (17FF/14T), Ini: +4, Speed: 30', F+5/R+5/W+7
Current Weapon in Hand: Comp.Longbow+1 [dmg 1d8+3 (+4<30')], Arrows: 12
Wild Shape 1/day: 1 remaining, Wand of Lesser Vigor: 44 charges, Wand of Cure LIght Wounds: 50 charges
Spells Remaining: Orisons (4/5), 1st Level (3/4), 2nd Level (3/3), 3rd Level (1/2)
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5', PBS, Rapid Shot, Listen+12, Search+2, Spot+13

Echo(fleshraker) Current Command: Attack (Hobgoblin) HP: 27/34, AC: 20 (16FF/14T), Ini: +4, Speed: 50', F+6/R+8/W+3
Attack: Claw +6 [1d6+3 dmg + poison(DC14, 1d6Dex/2r)], Full Attack: 2 claws +6 (1d6+3 + poi), 1 bite +1 (1d6+1), 1 tail +1 (1d6+1 + poi)
Leaping Pounce: Charge (Speed: 100', +2 melee, -2 AC) - Full Attack + Rake (+2 melee, 1d6+2 dmg),
- IF pounce hits: free Trip/Grapple-Pin (Auto Claw x2 + Rake dmg on subsequent rounds), cannot be tripped in return
Hide+12 (+14 forrest), Jump+24, Listen+10, Spot+10, Survival+10
User avatar
Ryllian
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 am

Tasha broke cover from behind the tree and started moving towards the tree were Echo and Belamar had taken down two of the hobgoblins. Her first arrow finally found the treed archer and it took him in the belly. The hobgoblin toppled from his perch and thudded on the ground dead.

Whirling she put her second arrow into the hobgoblin next to Belmar and it took him in the throat. He fell back into the underbrush, no longer a threat to the warrior.

The feline scout exclaimed, "Therrre! We have the situation in hand now!"

Actions/Rolls | Show
Activate Travel Devotion (6/10 round remain)
Move to M40
Full Round attack with Skirmish & PBS: Rapid Shot at H1 (1d20+8=26, 1d8+4+1d6=16, 1d20+8=17, 1d8+4+1d6=17) = 16 Dmg to H1, then second shot at H8: Concealment vs. H8 (1d100=29)

Combat Information | Show
Init: +5, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (19 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 29, Current: 29
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 50 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (2/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Travel Dev (6/10)
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:51 am

Day 2: 14:53 - West of ForttownXan delivered another flurry of punches, the first missing wildly but the second took the wounded hobgoblin in the face and crushed his nose. The blow was fatal and the hobgoblin fell backward like a felled tree.

Image
The two remaining hobgoblin warriors continued to fight onward. One used the cover from the briars to slip in closer to Belmar and drew his sword as he came. He swung the blade into the hexbalde's armor with a ringing clang. The armor stopped the blade from biting in deep, but the impact jarred Belmar to his boots. The other hobgoblin was burned by the rolling ball of flames, but it was only some minor singing. He kept moving and ignored the rest of the fray to pursue the elven mage hiding behind the tree.

Image
Another humanoid creature came carefully through the brambles. This one looked like a wolf, but walked upright. He had the hilt of a heavy blade visible over his shoulder and carried a longbow in hand. he took a shot at the dinosaur and the broad headed arrow grazed Echo's tough hide.


Tactical Map | Show
NOTE: North is to the top of the map, 1 sq = 5ft
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Boulders are 5ft high and provide cover. Tree trunks provide cover
3. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
Image

Combat Information | Show
Combat: Round 6
Xan (NPC'd) flurry of blows, one missed, other did 8 dmg to H4
H6 failed save and took 2 dmg from the Flaming Sphere
H5 moved and hit Belmar 9 dmg
H6 double moved
WW moved (Saved vs. Briar Web) and hit Echo 5 dmg

Initiative:
Hobgoblins
You Guys

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       29/29 HP remaining;
Xan Chow:    10/45 HP remaining;
Kailus:      17/17 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   08/08 HP remaining;
Ryllian:     37/37 HP remaining;
--Echo:      11/34 HP remaining; 5 dmg
--Syrean:    08/08 HP remaining; Status Unknown
Belmar:      27/40 HP remaining; 8 dmg
Conditions in Effect: Flaming Sphere (3/4 rnds)

Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 3/4; 1st Level-> 1/4; 2nd Level-> 0/3
Kailus Wand: CLW (50 charges)
Ryllian Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3; 3d Level-> 1/2
Ryllian Wild Shape Remaining: (1hr/lv) 0/1
Ryllian Wands: Lesser Vigor (44 charges), CLW (50 charges)
Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + Domain
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (50 charges)
Xan Stunning Fists: 5/5 remaining
Xan Wand: CLW (50 charges)
Belmar Hexblade Curse: 1/1 remaining
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
H5 [AC16, Touch 12]: 14/14hp; Cover; 20% Concealment vs. Ranged
H6 [AC16, Touch 12]: 12/14hp; Possible Cover; 20% Concealment vs. Ranged
WW [AC17, Touch 13]: 56/56hp; DR10/Silver; Cover; 20% Concealment vs. Ranged


Everyone is up for Round 6.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12538
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Joph » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:29 am

Wincing, Belmar tries to avoid screaming in pain at the wound. He refocuses, and Belmar calls out to the hobgoblin in front of him, "Come on, ugly! Let's see how you do against me!" He goads the hobgoblin as his dark companion steps between the new attacker and his current foe. Belmar keeps his eyes on the one who stabbed him as he steps back, aiming his guisarme for the enemy's neck. Due to the briars, however, he misses his chance entirely. He curses and says, "Does anyone know what that walking, talking furball is? Doesn't seem friendly!"


Actions/Rolls | Show
Dark Companion Move Action x2: The Dark Companion double moves to L36. Any enemy adjacent to it has a -2 penalty to AC and saves.
Move Action: Belmar uses goad on H5. He must make a DC 15 Will save on his next turn if he maintains line of sight to Belmar or else its melee attacks can only be directed to Belmar.
Free Action: Belmar takes a 5-foot-step to O38.
Standard Action: Belmar attacks H5 with his Masterwork Guisarme, power attacking at -4.
Belmar, Masterwork Guisarme Power Attack -4 vs. H5 (16)

Belmar's Mini-Stats | Show
Belmar's Sheet
Current AC: 18 (13 Touch/16 Flatfoot).
Current HP: 26/40
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Guisarme.
Conditions: None.
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 am

Xan moves up and takes a wild swing at the last hobgoblin but misses badly. His concentration is not one hundred percent as he is preoccupied trying to scan his memory for any recollection of the strange humanoid. He had poured over countless dusty tomes that droned on and on about this being or that being. He would easily get them confused, much to the elders disappointment.

Rolls | Show
Moves to N37, attack H5
1d20+5=13, 1d8+1=9
Knowledge Check Arcana for werewolf. Not sure if it is under this field of study or not. (1d20+4=22)
Uses deflect arrow feat with free hand



spoiler: show
Move Action:
D move to Q41
Standard Action:
Free Action:

Current AC: 17 (15 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Current HP: 10/45 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow
Bolts: 16/20 remaining
Conditions in effect:
Stunning Fist remaining:2/4
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Seeing the approaching creature, Kailus casts Mage Armour upon himself and draws his staff in defence, allowing his longbow to fall to the ground.

Rather than move, he draws the flaming sphere closer

Combat Info | Show
Kailus

Cast Mage Armour
Move the flaming Sphere to (V42)


Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current: 1711
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff(Two Hands)

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5', Mage Armour (AC+4)


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Ryllian » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm

With Echo's latest wound, Ryllian begins to worry. She orders the raptor to attack the hobgoblin fighting Xan and Belmar while she moves up behind him, a spell on her lips.

Ryllian finishes her incantation and a burning ball of flame bursts to life in her left palm.

Echo slashes the hobgoblin with one poison claw, rending flesh and drawing deep red blood.

Ryllian
Move Action: N, 39
Standard Action: Cast Produce Flame

Echo
Move Action: M, 38
Standard Action: Claw attack H5 (poison DC14) (1d20+6=16, 1d6+3=4)

Ryllian - HP: 37/37, AC: 21 (17FF/14T), Ini: +4, Speed: 30', F+5/R+5/W+7
Current Weapon in Hand: Comp.Longbow+1 [dmg 1d8+3 (+4<30')], Arrows: 12
Wild Shape 1/day: 1 remaining, Wand of Lesser Vigor: 44 charges, Wand of Cure LIght Wounds: 50 charges
Spells Remaining: Orisons (4/5), 1st Level (3/4), 2nd Level (3/3), 3rd Level (1/2)
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5', PBS, Rapid Shot, Listen+12, Search+2, Spot+13

Echo(fleshraker) Current Command: Attack (Hobgoblin) HP: 19/34, AC: 20 (16FF/14T), Ini: +4, Speed: 50', F+6/R+8/W+3
Attack: Claw +6 [1d6+3 dmg + poison(DC14, 1d6Dex/2r)], Full Attack: 2 claws +6 (1d6+3 + poi), 1 bite +1 (1d6+1), 1 tail +1 (1d6+1 + poi)
Leaping Pounce: Charge (Speed: 100', +2 melee, -2 AC) - Full Attack + Rake (+2 melee, 1d6+2 dmg),
- IF pounce hits: free Trip/Grapple-Pin (Auto Claw x2 + Rake dmg on subsequent rounds), cannot be tripped in return
Hide+12 (+14 forrest), Jump+24, Listen+10, Spot+10, Survival+10
Last edited by Ryllian on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ryllian
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:56 am

Tasha took a look at the wolf-like creature at exclaimed, "It's a werrrrewolf. Need silverrr to rrrreally hurt it."

"I betterrr help Kailus. One is going afterrr him."


With the others swarming to the long hobgoblin nearest to them, she pulled back around the bushes to come upon the hobgoblin that slipped around them to try killing the elven mage. She stopped within range and her paws blurred as she sent two arrows flying in rapid succession.

The shafts sank into the hobgoblin's side and he toppled over, dead.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Activate Travel Devotion (5/10 round remain)
Kn: Local on WW (1d20+3=19) = Knowledge Devotion +2
Move to R44
Full Round attack with Skirmish & PBS: Rapid Shot at H6 (1d20+8=22, 1d8+4+1d6=11) & Rapid Shot at H6 (1d20+8=19, 1d8+4+1d6=14) = 25 Dmg to H6

Combat Information | Show
Init: +5, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (19 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 29, Current: 29
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 50 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (2/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1/+2, Travel Dev (5/10)
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:14 am

Day 2: 14:53 - West of ForttownThe rolling sphere of flames was burning bushes and leaves in its path.

Image
The last remaining hobgoblin resisted the goading attempt by Belmar, but was affected by the poison from the dinosaur. He swung his blade again at the human in front of him. The heavy two-handed sword slipped under the monk's guard and opened up his pot belly. Xan fell back clutching the entrails that threatened to spill out as lost consciousness.

Image
The werewolf nearly yipped with glee as one of your number falls. He moved forward, drawing his own heavy bastard sword and closed in on the wounded dinosaur. His blade slashed down and opened up a shallow cut on the tough hide of the fleshraker.

The wolfman snarled, "You assholes will pay for coming here!"


Tactical Map | Show
NOTE: North is to the top of the map, 1 sq = 5ft
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Boulders are 5ft high and provide cover. Tree trunks provide cover
3. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
Image

Combat Information | Show
Combat: Round 7
H5 saved vs. goad, failed vs. poison & took 2 Dex dmg
H5 hit Xan for 11 dmg
WW moved and hit Echo 7 dmg

Initiative:
Hobgoblins
You Guys

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       29/29 HP remaining;
Xan Chow:    -1/45 HP remaining; Prone, Unconscious, Dying
Kailus:      17/17 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   08/08 HP remaining;
Ryllian:     37/37 HP remaining;
--Echo:      04/34 HP remaining; 7 dmg
--Syrean:    08/08 HP remaining; Status Unknown
Belmar:      27/40 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: Flaming Sphere (2/4 rnds)

Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 3/4; 1st Level-> 1/4; 2nd Level-> 0/3
Kailus Wand: CLW (50 charges)
Ryllian Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3; 3d Level-> 1/2
Ryllian Wild Shape Remaining: (1hr/lv) 0/1
Ryllian Wands: Lesser Vigor (44 charges), CLW (50 charges)
Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + Domain
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (50 charges)
Xan Stunning Fists: 5/5 remaining
Xan Wand: CLW (50 charges)
Belmar Hexblade Curse: 1/1 remaining
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
H5 [AC15, Touch 11]: 09/14hp; Cover; 20% Concealment vs. Ranged, 2 dex dmg
WW [AC17, Touch 13]: 56/56hp; DR10/Silver; Cover; 20% Concealment vs. Ranged


Everyone is up for Round 7.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12538
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:43 am

Kailus nods curtly to the feline, amazed by her prowess yet unable, due to the constraints of combat, to offer her anything more in terms of thanks.

He thinks to move, but then realises that he is bereft of any magic save the simplest of cantrips. He cursed that he would be more of a hindrance to his companions should he enter the fray.
Instead he opts to direct the flaming ball towards the fray in the hope that it would last long enough for him to at least distract one of the creatures and give his friends better odds.

With a wand in his pack, he moves to the right to help Xan

Combat Info | Show
Kailus


Move the flaming Sphere to (Q35)
Move to Q46


Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 17, Current: 1711
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff(Two Hands)

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5', Mage Armour (AC+4)


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14
Last edited by Kailus Elboran on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Joph » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:56 am

The hexblade growls lowly at the two foes, responding, "Silver? Noted. I've got just the thing...soon as I help out Xan. Nasty wound he got there." He steps closer, trying to be more accurate than he was before as he slashes at the hobgoblin's leg with his guisarme. If he could at least make his foe collapse, he'd be able to keep Xan safe for a moment. His luck holds out and he makes the creature collapse in pain. He walks closer to the werewolf, dropping his guisarme and drawing a silvered dagger from his belt as he moves. He weaves his way through the thick briars as he moves. He says, "I've a sinister fate in store for you, friend. Feel the true power of the dark!" Belmar invokes the curse his master taught him upon his foe, which should help debilitate him even further.


Actions/Rolls | Show
Standard Action: Belmar attacks H5 with his Masterwork Guisarme, power attacking at -1.
Belmar, Masterwork Guisarme Power Attack -1 vs. H5 (21)
Belmar, Masterwork Guisarme Damage (13)
Free Action: Belmar drops his Masterwork Guisarme.
Move Action: Belmar moves to M37, drawing his silver dagger while doing so.
Free Action: Belmar activates his Hexblade's Curse against the werewolf. He must make a DC 15 Will save or take a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour thereafter. This stacks with the penalty the Dark Companion gives as well.

Belmar's Mini-Stats | Show
Belmar's Sheet
Current AC: 18 (13 Touch/16 Flatfoot).
Current HP: 26/40
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Guisarme (Silver Dagger after moving).
Conditions: None.
Last edited by Joph on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Ryllian » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Wounded badly, Echo takes one errant swipe at the werewolf and then breaks off combat, stepping back quickly from the front line so his mistress could step in.

Ryllian drops her bow to the wayside and reaches into her belt pouch drawing forth a wand of healing. She touches Echo with the wand as he passes and whispers the word of power, sending healing energy coursing through the raptor's body.

"Sal' Echo" she says soothingly, ordering him to heel.

Ryllian
Free Action: drop bow
Move Action: draw wand of CLW
Standard Action: Wand of CLW on Echo (1d8+1=8)

Echo
Move Action: 5' step to N,38
Standard Action: Claw attack WW (poison DC14) (1d20+6=13, 1d6+3=9)

Ryllian - HP: 37/37, AC: 21 (17FF/14T), Ini: +4, Speed: 30', F+5/R+5/W+7
Current Weapon in Hand: Produce Flame (5/5) 1d6+5 dmg, ranged touch attack
Wild Shape 1/day: 1 remaining, Wand of Lesser Vigor: 44 charges, Wand of Cure LIght Wounds: 49 charges
Spells Remaining: Orisons (5/5), 1st Level (1/4), 2nd Level (2/3), 3rd Level (1/2)
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5', PBS, Rapid Shot, Listen+12, Search+2, Spot+13

Echo(fleshraker) Current Command: Heel HP: 12/34, AC: 20 (16FF/14T), Ini: +4, Speed: 50', F+6/R+8/W+3
Attack: Claw +6 [1d6+3 dmg + poison(DC14, 1d6Dex/2r)], Full Attack: 2 claws +6 (1d6+3 + poi), 1 bite +1 (1d6+1), 1 tail +1 (1d6+1 + poi)
Leaping Pounce: Charge (Speed: 100', +2 melee, -2 AC) - Full Attack + Rake (+2 melee, 1d6+2 dmg),
- IF pounce hits: free Trip/Grapple-Pin (Auto Claw x2 + Rake dmg on subsequent rounds), cannot be tripped in return
Hide+12 (+14 forrest), Jump+24, Listen+10, Spot+10, Survival+10
User avatar
Ryllian
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:32 am

Tasha moved back around the bushes and got a clear line of fire on the werewolf. She rapidly nocked and fired two silver arrows, the glittering head streaking towards the wolfman. One got him, but the second was deflected by the branch of a bush. The silver tipped arrow proved effective.

"Rrryllian, can you help Xan? Orrr do you need me to."

She did not want the pot-bellied monk to die from wounds, but she was also best suited to take down the werewolf with her silver tipped arrows.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Travel Devotion (4/10 round remain)
Move to M41
Full Round attack with Skirmish, Silver Arrows, & PBS: Rapid Shot (Conceal miss 1-20) (1d20+9=17, 1d8+4+1d6=12, 1d100=34, 1d20+9=19, 1d8+5+1d6=17, 1d100=1) = 12 Dmg to WW

Combat Information | Show
Init: +5, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (19 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 29, Current: 29
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 50 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (2/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +2, Travel Dev (4/10)
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Darwell's Tower [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:19 am

Day 2: 14:53 - West of ForttownXan continued to bleed out from his wound.

Belmar was able to successfully enter the magically enhanced vegetation and avoid getting caught on the thorns.

Image
Even with the last of his hobgoblin minions down, the werewolf does not appear to be concerned. He shrugged of the hexblade's curse like it was of no consequence. He sneered at the puny dagger, even if it was made of silver. However, the two arrows that streaked in on him were another matter. Lucky for him one missed.

The wolfman snarled, "I take you down first, pup. Then I get that cat!"

With both paws he swing the heavy blade around and slammed it into Belmar's side. His armor dented in and put pressure on a newly cracked rib. However the follow-up swing was turned aside by the dagger and Belmar swayed backward to avoid the snapping canine jaws.


Tactical Map | Show
NOTE: North is to the top of the map, 1 sq = 5ft
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Boulders are 5ft high and provide cover. Tree trunks provide cover
3. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
Image

Combat Information | Show
Combat: Round 8
Xan failed stabilization roll, took 1 dmg
WW saved against Bel's curse
Belmar saved against Briar Web, move at 1/2 speed
WW hit Bel for 11 dmg, then missed twice

Initiative:
Hobgoblins
You Guys

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       29/29 HP remaining;
Xan Chow:    -2/45 HP remaining; Prone, Unconscious, Dying
Kailus:      17/17 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   08/08 HP remaining;
Ryllian:     37/37 HP remaining;
--Echo:      12/34 HP remaining;
--Syrean:    08/08 HP remaining; Status Unknown
Belmar:      16/40 HP remaining; 11 dmg
Conditions in Effect: Flaming Sphere (1/4 rnds)

Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 3/4; 1st Level-> 1/4; 2nd Level-> 0/3
Kailus Wand: CLW (50 charges)
Ryllian Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3; 3d Level-> 1/2
Ryllian Wild Shape Remaining: (1hr/lv) 0/1
Ryllian Wands: Lesser Vigor (44 charges), CLW (50 charges)
Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + Domain
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (50 charges)
Xan Stunning Fists: 5/5 remaining
Xan Wand: CLW (50 charges)
Belmar Hexblade Curse: 1/1 remaining
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
WW [AC15, Touch 11]: 44/56hp; DR10/Silver; Cover; 20% Concealment vs. Ranged, AC reduced from Dark Comp


Everyone is up for Round 8.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12538
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron