Grp A: Seb & Sefrenia [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Grp A: Seb & Sefrenia [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 am

This is the thread for Sebastian and Sefrenia's Journey to Seawell from Callenburg.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: Grp A: Seb & Sefrenia [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Defeating the ratman turned out to be easier than they at first thought it would be. He fought like he was cornered but he was not.

The desire for the ratman to fight despite the odds puzzled Sebastian. Either the ratman was protecting something, or he had been inspired to this in. And the thought that something could inspire a ratman worried him even more.

The passageway led lower and lower to further crypts where ever more intricate and ornate statues lay curiously undisturbed by the ratman or his kindred. As they continued, they found tombs behind statues, various inscriptions upon the tomes, which later would be interpreted as a memorial to a great war.

It was home to a relatively small group of ratmen, who were still in the process of moving into the area. They were rapidly dispatched, mostly by Uthgar and Sefrenia. Germain continued to scout ahead, ensuring that there were no further traps, but all was clear.

One fo the statues had some recent activity around it, Leaves gathered at its base as if in offering, evidently by the ratmen. Why the ratmen had chosen this particular statue to worship was anyones guess through. Sebastian certainly had no idea.

Sebastian did however marvell at the stone carvings, obsidian and onyx that decorated the crypt. Reading the names of the long dead, and the text about their deeds. Warriors of a long forgotten war it seemed. "The Army of King Paridos" it was written. A few had died in the "War of Arions's Peak" itself, but most had survived to a ripe old age, their crypt prepared in advance for the time when death would ultimately take them.

King Paridos himself lay in state in the furthermost chamber, a statue of him upon his throne resting before the crypt that held him. It was a palacial room adorned with more carvings, but curiously no gold or jewels. The only treasure here was in the workmanship. Sebastian wandered among the works citing that such exquisite examples should never have been allowed to be forgotten.

Of the ten foot tall creatures the group found no trace. The crypt was searched over the next few days, yielding nothing of any further interest, and no further threat to the village.

The elders were pleased with the results, and rewarded the group with a bonus, that was then spent on good food and entertainment in the local tavern.

Sebastian created a ballad about the crypt and the adventure therein, and that was the subject of several requests, as the village became accustomed to its newfound fame. Fame would spread of the village that now stood on the edge of the "Mausoleum of King Paridos", and scholars would come from miles around to visit the tomb, marvel at the statues, and learn what they could about the forgotten war.

If was some days later that the group returned, not particularly richer, but feeling a little more like heroes than when they had departed.

Little steps...
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby Sefrenia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 am

Sefrenia finished some shopping at the various specialty stores and armories in Callenburg. She had reported in at the local Chapter House of Heironeous and received some finely crafted platemail and an enchanted shield. She purchased a couple of wands as well to aid her as she ventured forth to the Adventurer's Guild to look for more opportunities to cleanse the lands of monsters or evil.

It was not long before Deves approached her and Sebastian having lunch at the tap room, and asked them to prepare for a short trip. He had sent a few people to the coastal village of Seawell and there was a follow on request to deal with pirates operating to disrupt the trading. While he had faith in that social bastard Raddick and his companions, the thought of only a handful of people to deal with so many pirates did not sit well with him when a couple more adventurer's were just hanging around unproductive.

Leaving the Guild's Common Room, the pair saddled two riding horses for the trip. By riding hard, they would be able to get most of the way by nightfall, camp out, and continue on early in the morning to arrive shortly after breakfast time would be over.
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Sebastian Bach » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Sebastian yawned as the neared the end of the first day. "It has been a while since I saw old Raddick. I wonder how he has been." he glanced over at his companion. "I do hope that age has improved him, perhaps mellowed him."

"But I am always on the look out for something to inspire me to another epic, like the mausoleum back there." he gestured back as if to refer to the adventure that they had just completed. "It sounds so much better in song, than if you were actually there!"
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby Sefrenia » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:04 am

Sefrenia looks at Sebastian with a raised eyebrow as she tending to her horse and collecting her bedroll for the brief stop for the night.

"Raddick, more than likely has not matured that much in a few months. Talk about the Guild was that he slunk out of Callenburg recently to avoid Ashleigh Carlisle. You remember the somewhat flighty and naive red-headed warlock? If there is any truth to the rumors I will give the knave a good tongue lashing."

Given her short statue compared to the brash fighter's that vision is almost comical, except for the fiery determination that often visits the warmaiden's countenance.

After setting up the tent and a fire, she is soon ready to tuck it for the eight hour rest before continuing on early in the morning. They were fortunate to find a secluded glade off the road and away from some game trails. Without a watch, they are relying on the horses' sense of smell and awareness to detect any threats to come upon them in the night. She is wearing her chain shirt just in case they do get unwanted visitors unexpectedly.
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Sebastian Bach » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:31 am

Sebastian looks at Sefrenia quizzically as she mentions giving Raddick a tongue lashing, and then thinks better of questioning the outcome of such an incident.

"I don't think I remember this Ashleigh." he comments, settling down for first watch as Sefrenia prepares to sleep. "I have been out of touch with the other members of the guild for what seems a long time. Or perhaps it is the intensity of this recent journey that has faded my past memories. Still, it will probably all come back to me when I see them all again."
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby Sefrenia » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:42 am

Sefrenia considers what she remembers before curling up in her bedroll.

"Well, the last time we saw Raddick was right before we departed on our last adventure. I don't think Ashleigh was back from the sea coast yet. But, when I was inquiring about the news, she had been out adventuring with him and some others."

"However, they did not go far from Callenburg and have been back since. Raddick parted company, by making a hasty exit out of her bedroom window I am told, and took off with this group we are heading to join. And, Ashleigh stayed with her other companions and they headed into the deep forest."
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Sebastian Bach » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Morning comes soon enough, and Sebastian yawns as he stretches in the cool light. He had slept fitfully, which was in itself unusual, but he hoped it had not been down to trepidation of their imminent encounter with pirates. Having dealt with undead most recently, it seemed like pirates would be a welcome relief. At least his arrows would do something against them.

He glanced down at his sword which never seemed to do him any favours. Pirates loved swords didn't they? They would probably be quite hand with them too.

He strapped it to his belt as he rose to put away his bedroll. He hoped to rely more on his bow this time.

"Do you know who else is in this group we are joining?" he asks Sefrenia as they prepare a short breakfast.
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby Sefrenia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Sefrenia shakes her head as she finishes up stowing gear in her mount's saddlebags.

"I think there were some names mentioned, but none that I recognized. Zan, Sylph, and Tisarich? I think there was talk of a bug-like man as well, definitely a person out of the ordinary to be sure."

"I shall be ready to depart shortly."

The warmaiden finishes her morning routine of prayer and devotion to Heironeous while Sebastain works on breaking camp and cleaning up from the morning meal.

Still in the dimness of the pre-dawn light, they are ready to resume their journey to the seaside town of Seawell. Mounted once again they work their way back out of the secluded glade. With the thrum of hoof beats on the turf, the pair canter along to arrive the town three hours later.

Finding what is obviously an inn and attached stable in the center of the town, Sefrenia dismounts in front of the structure. The town is unusually quiet, the expected activity of a fishing and trading port non-existent.
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Sebastian Bach » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Sebastian draws up beside Sefrenia and likewise dismounts, noting the unusual quiet in what should be a midday throng.

"Not a busy day today?" he whispers before tying his horse and moving toward the entrance of the inn. "Some lunch after the journey and then we can try and find the others."

His guard is not really raised at this point though, and after no more than a moment's hesitation, he pushes the wooden door open and enters.

spoiler: show
OOC Assuming that the door is open....
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby Sefrenia » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 am

With one more glance around, Sefrenia nods and whispers back, "Maybe the inactivity has something to do with the troubles we hear about. If pirates are raiding the town, maybe everyone is hiding."

"I imagine we will find out soon enough, though."

Still armed, she carries her longspear and enters the inn behind Sebastian.
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 am

OOC: Continued in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=390&t=5569&p=230706#p230706
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander