Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:19 pm

"Shall we make a last trip down to gather what spoils remain, or have we what we came for?"

Slyph asks this of the group in general as she wipes the water from her eyes. Tired but not completely spent, the gnome gets ready to head down the cliff face once more.
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:20 pm

"I wish I could see that ship, the Raptor they called it." Sebastian muses. "But in this rain I can't see a thing. The good news is that this means that they won't be able to see much either."

"The point is that we need to be in a vantage point where we can see them as they come in. If we are making camp somewhere, then I think we should do so away from both the pirate camp and beacons."

"But if we are expecting them, then we need to be down at the camp to take them out as they appear. My preference is to camp up here, but not close to the beacons. That means we should bring the chest up here too. What do the rest of you think?"
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:08 am

"We absolutely need the chest up here, preferably buried in a shallow grave along our route of egress. In fact we should have all of what we wish to take up here."
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:45 pm

"One agrees, the treasures must be hauled up at some time or another." The monk says barely loud enough to be heard over the raging winds. He squints his eyes as the rain pelts his face and drips off his chin in the never ending downpour.

He raises a finger for emphasis as he agrees with Sebastian. "One would agree the high ground is safer, but we will have no chance to see the ship in the storm."



spoiler: show
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (15 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Current HP: 35/37 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow / Sunrod
Bolts: 15/20 remaining
Conditions in effect:
Stunning Fist remaining:1/4
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Garm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Image

"I see no alternative either", T'sarich agrees with Xan. "If we move that chest up here at least the odds of anyone stealing it from us are reduced." He gets ready to help whoever decides to head back down to the pirate camp for one last trip.

Combat Information | Show
Arrange everything at the present site, then prepare to head back down.


spoiler: show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 21 ( 20 FF , 11 Touch )
Current HP: 27/32
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Longsword--> Att. +7 / damage: 1d8+4 / Crit: 19 or 20(x2) / (S)
Bolts: 10 / 10

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining
Spells Available:
0 Level: Protective Ward(granted power-protection), Light, Light, Guidance, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon (Domain)
2nd Level: Aid, Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (Domain)
3rd Level: Speak with Dead, Inflict Serious Wounds, Magic Vestment (Domain) - Need 15 minutes to prepare to be usable
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 pm

"Agreed then, we bring the chest up here and perhaps bury it somewhere." Sebastian concurs, "But we camp up here and give up on the (albeit risky) chance to fight the pirates as they come onshore."

spoiler: show
He gets ready for what should be the last trip down and up the hill before they get some rest, thinking to himself that he should use up the last of his spells on healing.
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Raddick » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 am

Raddick is standing near the recently moved beacon and jerks a thumb over his shoulder.

"I left the chest in our campsite back there already. Along with the rest of our belongings."

"I am not sure what you all are talking about, Seb? Are you suggesting we need to move our campsite? Right now it is away from the beacons and close to the trail down to the pirates' hideout. I am not sure what's wrong with leaving it right where it is. We pretty much killed all the pirates, the exceptions are our prisoners. I do not expect any survivors after they smash their ship into the rocky cliff in this storm, do any of you?"

"That ship is supposed to be due in an hour or so, yeah? I am thinking maybe we need to have a watch here near the beacon to see we can see anything when it happens. We humans might not be able to see much, but crashing a ship into the rocks down there is bound to be noisy. Of course, you two with eyes to see better at night can probably see the ocean out there, yes?"
He asks T'sarich and Slyph.

"But you all want to, I suppose that we can make a few trips to gather up some more loot while we wait. Now that Sister Sarah is not needed to haul lumber anymore, we can get her pack ready for heading back to town on the morrow."

Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 24 (25 w/ Dodge) (23/19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch / 20 without Shield)
Current HP: 47/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Chest
Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Conditions in effect: Power Attack, Cleave, Powerful Charge (+1d8)


Fido:
Actions: Guarding Raddick

Current AC: 19 (17 flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 05/17 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite +3 (1d6+3)
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 pm

"I am worried about the pirates crashing and then swimming to the hideout." Sebastian explains. "Crashes at sea might wipe out a whole ship worth, but a crash into this river is just going to get them wet... and mad."

"They swim to the hideout with murderous intent, and find the camp dead and their treasure gone. Then trek up the trail to the beacons to find out who tricked them, and on the way, they will come across our camp site."

"That is why I think we should either move our camp site to somewhere up here but away from the beacons, or pick them off as the enter their hideout. The latter is harder because we don't when or know which way they will come from."

spoiler: show
Current AC: 16 (15 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 20/24 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Torch
Stowed weapon: Longbow (To Hit:1d20+8 Damage:1d8+2); Longsword (To Hit:1d20+5 Damage:1d8+2);
Conditions in effect: Point Blank Shot
Save 3/8/4
Init +2

Bard Music: 7/7 remaining
Cantrips: 3/3 remaining (Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Mending, Resistance)
1st Level Spells: 1/2 remaining (Cure Light Wounds, Sleep)
2nd Level Spells: 0/1 remaining (Cure Moderate Wounds, Eagles Splendour)
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:46 pm

"Well if anyone DOES make it out of that wreck it'll be a miracle but that's all the more reason to gather our spoils now, in the morning I hope to be well on my way away from here and that much closer to dry clothes."

"Let's make our final trip and be done with this bloody evening."
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Raddick » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:08 am

Raddick agrees with the whisper gnome, "Aye, lass. You and T'sarich going to watch the wreck happen?"

"Seb, Xan and I can make the trips to gather more loot ourselves sicne we will not be able to see it happen with our eye sight."


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 24 (25 w/ Dodge) (23/19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch / 20 without Shield)
Current HP: 47/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Chest
Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Conditions in effect: Power Attack, Cleave, Powerful Charge (+1d8)


Fido:
Actions: Guarding Raddick

Current AC: 19 (17 flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 05/17 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite +3 (1d6+3)
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:27 am

Image

"Sounds just peachy to me", T'sarich agrees. "Let's go see what we can see then Slyph, shall we?"

Combat Information | Show
Once Slyph is ready, set out towards lookout point.


spoiler: show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 21 ( 20 FF , 11 Touch )
Current HP: 27/32
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Longsword--> Att. +7 / damage: 1d8+4 / Crit: 19 or 20(x2) / (S)
Bolts: 10 / 10

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining
Spells Available:
0 Level: Protective Ward(granted power-protection), Light, Light, Guidance, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon (Domain)
2nd Level: Aid, Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (Domain)
3rd Level: Speak with Dead, Inflict Serious Wounds, Magic Vestment (Domain) - Need 15 minutes to prepare to be usable
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 am

"Agreed. Let's go." Sebastian gets ready for a last climb,
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:23 am

2:42am Windy and Drizzling: Near the BeaconsWhile some of you gather the items from down below that are more valuable, yet portable, T'sarich and Sylph stand lookout near the beacons. About a half hour later they see a point of light, dull in the raining weather, bobbing up and down offshore. It approaches and they can barely make out the dark shape of a ship with it. The light of a lantern on deck is not going to save them from crashing straight onto the reef at the base of the cliffs.

Even over the wind, the crash of breaking timbers and men screaming can be heard below. The death of the ship and those with it are swift and final. The storm swell takes the pieces and any potential survivors back off the rocks to only dash them back up again. And again.

A few minutes later the scene is almost as it was before, stormy waves crashing up against the rocks at the cliff's base.

The rain has reduced to a drizzle, but the wind is still blowing.

You all are quite tired from the long night. The few hours of rest you had before sneaking into the pirate's cove have been negated by being up half the night and working hard.


Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Xan:         43/45 HP remaining
Slyph:       24/24 HP remaining;
T'sarich:    27/32 HP remaining;
Raddick:     47/50 HP remaining;
Fido:        14/17 HP remaining;
Sebastian:   20/28 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: Fatigued


Party Spells/Powers:
Code: Select all
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges) -> T'sarich
Slyph Spells Remaining: Cantrips(6/6), 1st level(0/4), & 2nd level(1/3)
T'sarich Spells Remaining Orisons (5/5), 1st level(2/5), 2nd level(1/4), & 3rd level (3/3)
T'sarich Turn Undeads: 3/3 remaining
Xan Stunning Fists: 2/5 remaining
Seb Spells Remaining: Cantrips(4/5); 1st level(1/3); 2nd level (0/1)
Seb Bardic Music: 8/8 remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11987
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Garm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Image

"Take that, you bastards!", T'sarich yells into the wind. "Let's see how you like being sunk for a change!" Forgiveness is far from his mind this night, especially given what happened to Mantis earlier. He suddenly feels exhausted; after waiting until he is certain that nobody could have survived the sinking, he turns to Slyph and suggests they head back before one of them falls asleep on the clifftop.

Combat Information | Show
Once Slyph agrees, return to camp.


spoiler: show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 21 ( 20 FF , 11 Touch )
Current HP: 27/32
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Longsword--> Att. +7 / damage: 1d8+4 / Crit: 19 or 20(x2) / (S)
Bolts: 10 / 10

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining
Spells Available:
0 Level: Protective Ward(granted power-protection), Light, Light, Guidance, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon (Domain)
2nd Level: Aid, Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (Domain)
3rd Level: Speak with Dead, Inflict Serious Wounds, Magic Vestment (Domain) - Need 15 minutes to prepare to be usable
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 pm

"I would dearly love to get some sleep." Sebastian sighs, choosing to ignore the piercing cries that the wind carries to his ears.

"But I don't want to sleep down there in the pirate camp, surrounded by the dead, and I don't want to sleep up here, exposed to the rain."

He sighs again, "Let's head back and maybe we can find a sheltered spot on the way to make camp."


spoiler: show
Current AC: 16 (15 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 20/24 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Torch
Stowed weapon: Longbow (To Hit:1d20+8 Damage:1d8+2); Longsword (To Hit:1d20+5 Damage:1d8+2);
Conditions in effect: Point Blank Shot
Save 3/8/4
Init +2

Bard Music: 7/7 remaining
Cantrips: 3/3 remaining (Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Mending, Resistance)
1st Level Spells: 1/2 remaining (Cure Light Wounds, Sleep)
2nd Level Spells: 0/1 remaining (Cure Moderate Wounds, Eagles Splendour)
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron