Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:42 am

"Have at it then, the longer we wait to go the closer we get to the unknown. Are we all to split up and cover both fires at once or shall it be a group effort?"
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 pm

"One thinks we should only move one beacon, after moving one the center of the two beacons the pirates aim their ship for will be the cliff wall. Once they discover the deception it will be too late to change course as the Father of the sea send his endless waves to thrash upon the rocks."



spoiler: show
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (15 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Current HP: 35/37 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow / Sunrod
Bolts: 15/20 remaining
Conditions in effect:
Stunning Fist remaining:1/4
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Garm » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Image

Once everyone has made it safely across, recovered everything from the boat, and is generally ready to go, T'Sarich quietly moves through the crystal cave and takes up a guarding position near the entrance, waiting for everyone to catch up.

Combat Information | Show
Move to V33.


spoiler: show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 21 ( 20 FF , 11 Touch )
Current HP: 27/32
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Longsword--> Att. +7 / damage: 1d8+4 / Crit: 19 or 20(x2) / (S)
Bolts: 10 / 10

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining
Spells Available:
0 Level: Protective Ward(granted power-protection), Light, Light, Guidance, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon (Domain)
2nd Level: Aid, Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (Domain)
3rd Level: Speak with Dead, Inflict Serious Wounds, Magic Vestment (Domain) - Need 15 minutes to prepare to be usable
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:58 pm

"Sounds reasonable, so who's going? I can guide through the dark if you big lugs wanna move on this... I'll wait by the door."

Slyph heads toward the entrance to the shack that led them down here and makes ready to leave for the beacons, stowing her loose gear and cinching up her cloak against the rain.

spoiler: show
MOVE: T, 31
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Sebastian decides he is probably not one of the big lugs that Sylph is referring to, so heads out with Sylph to await the others to bring the chest.

spoiler: show
Move to T30

Current AC: 16 (15 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 20/24 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Torch
Stowed weapon: Longbow (To Hit:1d20+8 Damage:1d8+2); Longsword (To Hit:1d20+5 Damage:1d8+2);
Conditions in effect: Point Blank Shot
Save 3/8/4
Init +2

Bard Music: 7/7 remaining
Cantrips: 3/3 remaining (Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Mending, Resistance)
1st Level Spells: 1/2 remaining (Cure Light Wounds, Sleep)
2nd Level Spells: 0/1 remaining (Cure Moderate Wounds, Eagles Splendour)
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Raddick » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:52 am

Raddick takes hold of the chest and carries the heavy thing back out of the cavern, grunting with the effort. All hope of any stealth is lost while he navigates the narrow passages in his platemail.

Reaching the first chamber he enlists aid to use the rope to get it back out to the interior of the little shack that covers the cave's entrance.

He comments, "I think Xan is correct. We already decided that we are moving only one of the beacons. I think we even picked the southern one."

"We can take this chest up to the camp and then remove extra gear from Sister Sarah. We are going to need her strength to drag the majority of that wood and crap from that beacon around to the a place north of the unmoved beacon."

"We have the rope here too. I figure between her and use, we can drag everything in one trip. Can anyone think of anything else we need to do to get the job done?"


Combat Information | Show
arry chest to T33 & get it to T31

Current AC: 24 (25 w/ Dodge) (23/19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch / 20 without Shield)
Current HP: 47/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Conditions in effect: Power Attack, Cleave, Powerful Charge (+1d8)


Fido:
Actions: Guarding Door

Current AC: 19 (17 flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 05/17 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite +3 (1d6+3)
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 pm

"Do we have oil to start a fire in the wet wood?" Slyph suggests as she helps haul the chest over the ledge with the rope.

Once everyone is ready to leave Slyph makes her way outside, back toward the mountain trail.
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 am

12:38am Windy and Raining: Down in the Pirate CoveSeb uses a cantrip and determines the fine cloak from the chest is magical. But with his skills nothing more is learned beyond that.

You struggle the chest out of the cavern and there Fido is waiting, diligently on guard as commanded. He wags his tail in greeting.

Outside, the weather feels like it is beginning to turn. The wind has not died down, but the rain is not as heavy. It is still raining and wet outside and the visibility is still lessened too.

You remember the pirates sent to light the beacons had the necessary materials to do the job in the rain. There were oiled tarps to cover much of the beacons themselves, with some pieces of wood on top to keep the wind from blowing the tarps away.


Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Xan:         43/45 HP remaining
Slyph:       24/24 HP remaining;
T'sarich:    27/32 HP remaining;
Raddick:     47/50 HP remaining;
Fido:        14/17 HP remaining;
Sebastian:   20/28 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: 


Party Spells/Powers:
Code: Select all
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges) -> T'sarich
Slyph Spells Remaining: Cantrips(6/6), 1st level(0/4), & 2nd level(1/3)
T'sarich Spells Remaining Orisons (5/5), 1st level(2/5), 2nd level(1/4), & 3rd level (3/3)
T'sarich Turn Undeads: 3/3 remaining
Xan Stunning Fists: 2/5 remaining
Seb Spells Remaining: Cantrips(4/5); 1st level(1/3); 2nd level (0/1)
Seb Bardic Music: 8/8 remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11987
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Raddick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:18 am

Raddick replies, "We have the supplies the pirates were going to use at the camp or the beacons. We should be able to figure it out."

"But maybe the oiled tarps covering the wood has kept it dry enough to not be a problem."


He heads out into the rain, telling Fido to guard him, and makes his way back to the camp with the others. With the sunrod from Xan in the leather strap holder of his backpack, there is plenty of illumination to light the way.

Combat Information | Show
Take 10 on Handle Animal

Current AC: 24 (25 w/ Dodge) (23/19 Flat-footed / 12 Touch / 20 without Shield)
Current HP: 47/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Chest
Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Conditions in effect: Power Attack, Cleave, Powerful Charge (+1d8)


Fido:
Actions: Guarding Raddick

Current AC: 19 (17 flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 05/17 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite +3 (1d6+3)
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Slyph guides the way up the winding trail and assists with the unloading of the mule in preparation to move the beacons.
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Sebastian Bach » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:57 am

"Shall we haul the treasure up there then?" Sebastian remarks, "In case the pirates crash close enough to swim to the cave and still give us a hard time?"

Having stated his thoughts, Sebastian follows Sylph up the path. "Do you want your torch back Raddick?" he calls back to the bug guy, holding out the ever burning torch.

"We will have to keep the wood dry as we move it. Else we will have a time trying to light it." he says the Syph as they climb.

spoiler: show
Get led up the (garden) path.

Current AC: 16 (15 Flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 20/24 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Torch
Stowed weapon: Longbow (To Hit:1d20+8 Damage:1d8+2); Longsword (To Hit:1d20+5 Damage:1d8+2);
Conditions in effect: Point Blank Shot
Save 3/8/4
Init +2

Bard Music: 7/7 remaining
Cantrips: 3/3 remaining (Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Mending, Resistance)
1st Level Spells: 1/2 remaining (Cure Light Wounds, Sleep)
2nd Level Spells: 0/1 remaining (Cure Moderate Wounds, Eagles Splendour)
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Slyph » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:11 pm

"I'd keep a box that full of gold as close as I could." Slyph jokes back to Seb.

"Maybe Raddick can manage it by himself, otherwise I'll have to give him a hand."

Slyph flexes one of her slender arms to punctuate her farce.
User avatar
Slyph
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Garm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:13 am

Image

T'sarich follows the others up the winding path, silently cursing the continuing rain. If worst comes to worst, I wonder how well the tarps themselves might burn...

Combat Information | Show
Follow others, sticking close to Raddick in case of sudden emergencies. He's carrying the treasure, after all.


spoiler: show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 21 ( 20 FF , 11 Touch )
Current HP: 27/32
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Longsword--> Att. +7 / damage: 1d8+4 / Crit: 19 or 20(x2) / (S)
Bolts: 10 / 10

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining
Spells Available:
0 Level: Protective Ward(granted power-protection), Light, Light, Guidance, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Divine Favor, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon (Domain)
2nd Level: Aid, Sound Burst, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (Domain)
3rd Level: Speak with Dead, Inflict Serious Wounds, Magic Vestment (Domain) - Need 15 minutes to prepare to be usable
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:44 am

"Even if the wood gets wet while moved one thinks it will still burn well. Wood that has soaked for many days is wood that does not burn bright."

He says as he moves along with the others. "One is glad to see the storm retreat but at the same time sad as it is aiding us against the pirates. Now one hopes father wind keeps blowing hard to keep the pirates busy while we set the trap."



spoiler: show
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (15 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Current HP: 35/37 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow / Sunrod
Bolts: 15/20 remaining
Conditions in effect:
Stunning Fist remaining:1/4
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Wreck Ashore [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 am

2:05am Windy and Raining: Near the BeaconsYou arrive back at your campsite. Sister Sarah is wet and little ornery at being soaked to the bone.

But you leave the chest behind and set about the lengthy process of moving a beacon from one side of the mouth if the cove to the other with the help of the mule. It is challenging and you are able to do it while keeping a decent amount of the wood from being soaked. The time it takes is much longer, but it would appear to be necessary for you plan to work. It is not ideal, but once lit, the rest of the wet wood would perhaps dry out enough to sustain the beacon.

Tired from the task, you take not that the rain is still continuing, but the drops are not as large. The tiny drops are still being driven stingingly into your faces from the strong winds coming from out to see. Judging it to be close enough to the time to light the beacons, you use the materials taken from the pirates and set the wood alit at both locations.

It is not pretty, but the wood does burn. You can hear the sizzling of the water. The wind continually fans the flames in an attempt to blow the fire out, but the alchemical substance coating the starter wood is not so easily extinguished and the beacons grow hotter and the fire stronger.

Now all you need to do is wait.


Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Xan:         43/45 HP remaining
Slyph:       24/24 HP remaining;
T'sarich:    27/32 HP remaining;
Raddick:     47/50 HP remaining;
Fido:        14/17 HP remaining;
Sebastian:   20/28 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: 


Party Spells/Powers:
Code: Select all
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges) -> T'sarich
Slyph Spells Remaining: Cantrips(6/6), 1st level(0/4), & 2nd level(1/3)
T'sarich Spells Remaining Orisons (5/5), 1st level(2/5), 2nd level(1/4), & 3rd level (3/3)
T'sarich Turn Undeads: 3/3 remaining
Xan Stunning Fists: 2/5 remaining
Seb Spells Remaining: Cantrips(4/5); 1st level(1/3); 2nd level (0/1)
Seb Bardic Music: 8/8 remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11987
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron