Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:30 am

While you are carousing, the mature Guild master comes up to the table, pours himself some of Raddick's ale, almost daring the fighter to protest. He greets you in his typically gruff demeanor after tasting some the watered down ale.

"Bah, ya bought the cheap shit. Well, it will have to do."

"I have some news for you. There were rumors of some whisper gnome, named Made... er... something or another. No one was quite sure exactly if it was the same name or not. But, how many crazy whisper gnome women do ya know around here."

"They say she might have headed to the coast south of here, possibly trying to catch a ship or boat from the coastal trading village of Seawell."

Deves pauses to let that sink in for a moment while draining the mug of ale and then gestures for Raddick to pour him some more. The dwarf's capacity for drink is matched by his capacity to be ornery and disgruntled. Needless to say, quite a bit.

"It just so happens that I also have a request for help from that same coastal village. It's about two day's journey from here, following the road out the West Gate and heading South after the road forks. They requested aid from some adventurers and promised a reward, however the request did not include any more specifics."

"But, you scrubs have been around for awhile and I sure you can handle it. I suggest you rest up, get some provisions for the journey, and head out in the morning. Any questions?"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Slyph-Old » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:42 am

Slyph sighs, an increasingly common and perhaps habit of hers. "Well, though I'm not fond of the lack of specifics, I'm game, mostly because I'd like to put an end to this female whisper gnome confusion mess. It's likely to get me killed before long at this rate."
Slyph - Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:57 am

"One agrees, specifics are short but it is a chance to gain knowledge and gold. Two things one is always interested in." Xan says pursing his interlaced fingers up to his lips in quiet contemplation.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:58 pm

"It would work well for me as well. I still have business with that female.", Mantis comments in agreement. He will have to bring up Sylph's using him as a mount later if she does not mention it again.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Raddick » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:28 am

Raddick shrugs and keeps pouring ale for the dwarf, "I doubt she would be hiding out in a coastal village with that magical artifact she absconded with. That bitch, Cassatta, would have found her most likely if Seawell is that close."

"But I have heard that ships trade along the coast, plying back and forth between the large sea merchant cities. It could be hard going to find her in those. Good thing whisper gnomes are pretty rare so she'll stand out."
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:34 am

Deves nods with a grunt and a harrumph.

"Ya need anything more, ya know where to find me. Bring more ale if ya come."

The dwarf leaves you to continue your planning and discussion.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 pm

T'sarich watches as Deves moves away from the table. "Sounds like something that could line our coin purses and get us out and about again." he says, glancing towards the kitchen as a crashing dish resounds over the murmering din of the guild hall. "And putting to rest Slyphs doppleganger would keep randam assholes from trying to kill us. I'm all for that."

The cleric sips his drink and smokes a bit of a pipe that someone had been passing around the hall.
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Raddick » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:46 am

Raddick orders some more ale and some food.

"Okay then, how are we provisioned for an outdoor journey?"

"I have a bedroll, but no tent. Hmmm, did you guys have a pack animal?"
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Slyph-Old » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Slyph gives a grin at Raddick's question. "Pack animal?" she asks, eying Mantis. "No, not really. I for one would prefer to avoid camping out, but we should prepare for the eventuality. Perhaps we should invest in a mule. Or horses? Maybe a wagon."
Slyph - Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:58 pm

"I have trail rations and a waterskin, but no camping gear.", Mantis answers.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 am

Wiping his hands together as if he had dirt on them Xan perks up at the mention of a pack animal, clearly proud of the fact he had the foresight to acquire one. "One has a mule at ones disposal, her name is Sister Sarah and she carries my tent and bedroll.[" Rubbing his chin one handed he adds. "She could probably carry another 150 or so pounds if one needed her to." At the last statement he gives a flourishing bow.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Raddick » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:55 am

Raddick replies to the diminutive lady, "From what I know of the area, there will not be an inn between Callenburg and Seawell. So we will need to spend at least one night out under the stars."

"I thought I heard mention of Sister Sarah when we met. Okay, we should get some gear to pack on the mule. I suggest a tent big enough for four or five. Blankets and bedrolls for everyone. We should get a saw for firewood, extra trail rations, some rope to make sure the mule don't wander off."

"Hmmm, what else?"
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:44 pm

As the others spoke, the cleric did a mental inventory of what he had. "I have a bed roll already, but no tent." He thinks back to his time growing up in the back woods and adds. "I found, when spending time in the woods at night, an early warning system helps. Perhaps we could find some string and a few bells. I used to string trip wires attached to the bells on trails leading into the camp site. It won't catch everything, but a single bell chime, and the idea's worth it."

T'sarich pauses a moment before letting another lazy tendril of smoke seep from his mouth.
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Mantis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:28 pm

"Perhaps I should purchase a bedroll myself. Also, as far as watches go, If you let me get four hours of rest as soon as we camp, I can watch the remainder of the night. I can see perfectly in the dark as well.", Mantis comments and offers.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Raddick » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:37 am

Raddick pats his dog on the head, "Fido here is good at keeping watch too. Helps make up for me not being able to see shit without a light."

"I am thinking we might as well light up the night with a good campfire and a lantern. We are bad-ass warriors, no need to worry about hiding out while camping in the dark."

He shrugs and takes a healthy drink of ale. Then Raddick pours some in a bowl to refill the dog's drink.
Raddick
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads