Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Postby Mantis » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Admin-PMiller wrote:After a busy afternoon, your business is concluded and you are free to do your own shopping and carousing.

This being the first free time Mantis has really had since coming to town and joining the guild, he decides to try his luck her in finding a woman who will 'sleep' with him. He knows he can plase one physically. Those who made him had spent quite a bit of time training him for that. They had enjoyed watching and so had supplied many females under magical compulsions.

Finding a female willing, of her own free will had so far proved impossible, but Mantis was nothing if not persistant.

His training however had not included getting a female, only what to do with one when he had one. He continues his attempts, starting at the Guild tavern. He looks for a, preferably, pretty female and sends her a drink.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Raddick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 am

Raddick has nothing new to buy at the moment, but he does visit the Guild's armorsmith to re-size the finely crafted chain shirt and sell the regular one. It doesn't take very long and he is soon back in the Guild's Tap room for some watered down ale to keep from having to drink the local water and to not get drunk too quickly.

Seeing the bugman sitting alone at a table, he passes by Trixie, hearing her mentioning something about Mantis trying to pickup women by getting them drunk. The brash fighter looks askance at her for a moment, unsure if she is kidding. With some scrutiny, he determines that the barmaid is dead serious.

Raddick just shakes his head. Maybe some wench into spiders and shit while worshiping Lloth might go for it. But, the guy has mandibles and claws for fuck's sake. He is a living and breathing creature of childhood nightmares.

With a gallon keg of ale, he pulls up a chair beside Mantis.

"Done shopping for equipment already I see. Whatcha up to?" He offers to share some ale, pouring more into Mantis's mug if he wants.
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Xan spots the two at the table and casually walks over sporting his new backpack. Standing in at the table he offers a cheese eating grin. Holding his backpack out he shows the veterans the magical properties of it. "See and be amazed!" He says excitedly while pulling out more items than a normal backpack could possibly hold.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:16 pm

"An exercise in futility as I am sure Trixie mentioned to you. At least they have not broken out the torches and pitchforks yet. That is a bright spot.", Mantis replies, trying for a bit of lightness.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:34 pm

At the loot split:

T'sarich shakes his head to the brash fighter, Raddick when offered the mace. "It's an exceptional weapon, there's no doubt, but I fight with a longsword, my gods choosen weapon....I think the mace would be better served in your hands, anyway." He grins and takes the chain shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the guild:

The cleric wanders into the room just as the pot bellied monk is taking a seat near the fighters, who seem to be in casual conversation. The sounds and smells of the guild hall are electric, full of life and hope for the next big haul. There's no other place the half-elf would rather be.

He approaches the table and pulls up a seat, with a nod of his head, "Gentlemen....Raddick." He says, poking fun at the surly human. "What is everyone drinking?...First round's on me."

He casts a sideways glance at Raddick to make sure any drink near him doesn't litterally end up on him.
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Slyph-Old » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 pm

From the general hubbub of the crowd Slyph seems to appear rather suddenly, likely practicing staying out of sight. "So, anyone else ready for more excitement? I'm up for anything other than dragon-slaying. It's not as much fun as it's cracked up to be, trust me."
Slyph - Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm

"Well, I'm hoping for some leads on the horn, but if nothing shows up I'm not above taking a quick job in the mean time.", Mantis answers. Keeping busy will help keep his mind off not being able to find a willing woman.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Raddick » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 am

Raddick chuckles as the monk shows of his new haversack.

"Sheeeit, mate. I can sympathize with ya. I am gods be damned walking arsenal of weapons."

Since he already has a keg of ale, he offers some to the others, "I got round one already, T'sarich. You can get round two while we see if some ugly wench with Goggles of Obfuscation will actually entertain the bugman's romantic pursuits." He finishes with a smirk to show he's only being his typical ass-like self as he jokes around.
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Mantis hunches down a little and replies to Raddick, "And I was make in a laboratory by a insane Wizard. Who do you blame for your appearance?"
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Slyph-Old » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Slyph nods in appreciation. "Nice one, Mantis. Good to see you have a sense of humor. It's the glue that holds this disparate band together." She gives the bug-man a good look over. "Hm. Ever considered being an exalted mount for a pint-sized mage? I lost my Goliath mount awhile back."
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:52 am

Mantis pauses in thought for a bit. It would be a chance to get a female much closer to than usual him for periods of time.

"I have never though about it no. You will forgive me I hope, but I know this is a questions one is not supposed to ask female, however I think it's justified here......How much do you weigh?", Mantis asks Slyph a bit uneasily.
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

T'sarich laughs and chokes a little on the drink Raddick gave him. "Oh Bugman," he says in an affectionate tone, "If you gotta' ask that, maybe you're not the one for the job...Slyph likes her mounts confident and stalwart! Although, due to your armour plating, you would most likely take the whip better than the big barbarian."

T'sarich enjoys the downtime and has drank more than he usually does. His elven heritage, however, helps in keeping him alert even in his drunkened state. He eyes Raddick. I'm not passing out first. That fucking meatshield will shave my eyebrow off...
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Slyph-Old » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:29 pm

"Oh," Slyph waves dismissively, "not much, say 35 pounds. But with gear and a saddle it'd be closer to 75 pounds. I'd dismount before we got into trouble, though; wouldn't want to hold you back." Slyph gives the bugman a careful eye as he responds, trying to figure out if he's joking around or serious ... or if he's completely missing the point. Entertaining her friends was one thing, insulting a monstrously large insectoid man was another entirely.
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend

Postby Mantis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Mantis considers for a moment, then answers, "Well, that would slow me to only human speed, but that would be acceptable to me."
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby Raddick » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 am

Raddick laughs at Mantis's jab, "It ain't my looks, mate. But, my sparkling personality akin to a bull in an apothecary shop."

"But, at least one pretty red-head would sleep with me. Too bad she wanted to get married afterward. Women are crazy."

He doesn't even touch the whisper gnome's desire to mount the bugman.
Raddick
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads