Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:48 am

After arranging for some new equipment, you are feeling more like the journeymen that you are. For the past few days you have been relaxing in the Guild's Common Room, waiting for a new mission or quest to be brought to your attention. Xan, T'sarich, and Slyph have made the acquaintance of another experienced fighter, Raddick, who is looking for a new group of adventurers to join.

Currently, Raddick, T'sarich, and Xan are sitting around a table, waiting for Slyph to show up and join them for lunch. Afterward, they plan to go see the execution of the Nils and Kurik since they have been convicted of banditry.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: Grp A: Daggers at Midnight [IC]

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 pm

T'sarich listens to a lute player tuning his instrument near the hearth and sips his water. The past few days have been a welcome change to the rigors of the road. Aukan had made some mention of doing something else, the cleric had only caught a bit of the comment as the barbarian stalked off. He had not been heard from since.

During their stay they had made the aquaintance of a fighter type named Raddick. He seemed to get along with the group fairly well, a definate asset to any travelling party. He looks to the fighter, striking up an innocuous conversation. "So what made you decide to take up your particular type of weapon, Raddick?"
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Raddick » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:42 am

In their short acquaintance, the others have found Raddick rude, obnoxious, vulgar, boisterous, and often horny. But, he has shown that he is reliable, honest (when he isn't lying), and loyal to friends. Sometimes his German Shepherd, Fido, shows more social skills. The fighter is a local of Callenburg and many know him, or at least know of him by reputation. He did a stint in Constable Whitewood's militia guard, but got bounced out for disciplinary reasons.

Raddick has a muscular build, on the tall side. He has brown eyes and black hair, often with that unshaven look, but never growing a beard. He has a fondness for his hideous looking field plate armor. It is all black, with two sculls worked into the plates on his shoulders and colored white, giving it an evil looking feel. The armor is finely crafted though. His heavy shield is made of darkwood.

For weapons, he is a walking arsenal, most of exceptional craftsmanship proving that this is not his first rodeo. There were two flails on his belt, but one now rests on the table. He has a greatsword, a longbow, some javelins, a dagger, a sap, and morningstar with silver points on its spiked head.

He looks at T'sarich queerly like he has been drinking some of the Kobold's Brew. But, instead of insulting his new companion he makes an assumption that the cleric is referring to the blood stained flail on the table.

"This trusty thing is great for hooking goblins around the ankles and bashing the little shits' heads in once you yank them off their feet."
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:36 am

Xan sits bowing to the two repeatedly, often for no apparent reason, but he seems happy enough. He often nods and smiles at the others comments, whether he is actually listening or not is debatable. Perking up at the mention of Goblins Xan offers some words of wisdom. "Goblin can be crafty enemy."
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Raddick » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:00 am

Raddick takes a healthy drink of ale and nods, "You ain't wrong there my new pot-bellied friend. Just the other day, me and some other guys faced a bunch of them. The little shits were lead by a gods be damned shape-shifting wolf-fiend."

"That creature was bad news, let me tell you. That fuckin' thing was resistant to normal weapons. Then it would start blinking in and out of phase so if you did not time your blow correctly, your strike would pass right through the bastard."

"The first time we face the thing it got away, passing right through walls for fuck's sake! Heh, heh. We fixed his ass good, though the second time. With a tanglefoot bag we slowed him down just enough that we ganged up on him. My babe, Ashleigh zapped him good with her eldritch fire too."

Pouring some ale for his dog into a bowl beside the table, Raddick gives the dog a disapproving frown.

"But, this fellow here did nothing in that fray. He insisted on sticking beside my girl, despite orders. Well, at least they didn't harm a single one of her beautiful red curls. So I shouldn't complain."
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:51 am

"Hmmm.......tanglefoot bag, yes very wise. What is the name of the dog who drinks ale?" He asks Raddick, looking down at the German Sheppard. "And more importantly will he bite me if I pet him?" He adds as an afterthought as he starts to reach his hand out.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Raddick » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 am

Raddick replies, "Naw, he won't bite unless he decides to listen to my orders. Say hello, Fido."

The dog perks his ears up and looks from Raddick to Xan. Rising off his haunches he moves over and sticks his nose right into the monk's crotch to get a good sniff and snuffle. Then, he looks up at Xan, expecting to be petted.

Raddick chuckles, "Well, he is a crotch hound. Heh, heh."
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 am

The monk's eyes go wide at the dog's antics but he quickly resumes his stoic self. "Fido is a good name, one can never have too many friends, two legged or four legged ones." He says as he gently pets the dog's head.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:40 pm

T'sarich nods at Raddicks explaination of the flails effectivness and chuckles at the dog giving Xan the canine how-dee-do. He pats Fido on the haunches as he passes his seat and sips his wine. The cleric reflects on how Raddick reminds him of Aukan and how the two would either get along great or kill each other in the first five minutes of travelling together.

T'sarich contemplates who he would heal first.
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Raddick » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 am

Raddick looks over at the silent cleric keeping his own thoughts and he asks about Slyph, "So, where is the other one? She is not lost is she?"

"I am interested to see what Constable Whitewood has planned to deal with those two bandits you brought in."
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:19 am

"One would not expect one such as her to be lost. One could expect her to be arriving very soon." Bowing again to Raddick.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 pm

T'sarich grins at Raddicks comment about Slyph. "No, I would imagine our whisper gnome friend is rarely where she doesn't want to be. I'm sure she'll be along soon." He nods at the fighters next querry too.

"From what I've heard he plans to publicly execute them this afternoon. I think we were going to wander down that way if you'd like to join us." The cleric speaks in a 'matter-of-fact' tone. He doesn't like to see anyone die but the laws were clear in this part of the world and, no doubt, the bandits knew the consequences of their actions if they were to be caught. Still, it was a shame to see the light of any life energy snubbed out.

The half-elf was more interested to watch the crowd for any that might be sympathetic to the bandits. It was always good to scope out potential enemies and, as it was they who had brought the bandits to justice, it may be they to incur retribution. 'Thick as thieves' and all that....
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Slyph-Old » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 pm

From underneath the table your hear Slyph's voice. "I would say Slyph is already here and quite on her game for being slick and sly."

The whispergnome appears and joins the others. "So, it sounds like we've a new shield to greet all those ill-meaning weapons. And he has even brought me a mount. How thoughtful. I am Slyph."
Slyph - Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend

Postby Raddick » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:34 am

Fido is the first to spot the whisper gnome and licks her face with a greeting.

Raddick chuckles, "Heh, heh. Fido be a mount? He is not that sturdy. But, if you need to ride around we can certainly find you decent riding dog somewhere."

Now that everyone has arrived, he finishes off the last of his ale and collects his flail from the table.

"Shall we go? The Constable, she usually starts these things on time and we want to get a good standing spot to see the proceedings. You all want to observe the fruits of your labor, no?"

spoiler: show
OOC: Constable Whitewood is actually female.
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 am

"One never knows where the small one is hidding." Xans offers Sylph a smile and short head bow. Rising from his chair Xan folds his hands in his robe. "Yes let us see what is to become of the highwaymen."
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Group A Threads