Grp A OOC Thread

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A OOC Thread

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:29 am

Peter Cushin (Tarkin) died in 1994. The face was good but it had that eeriness associated with CGI.
The appearance of Ponda Baba and Cornelius Evazan in Jedhar meant that they had to leave pretty swiftly in order to get to Mos Eisley for the Bar scene in A New Hope
It was fitting that Cader Pedrin Gaul whose call signature was Red five was killed at the end, leaving call sign open for Luke.
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Happy New Year from the future. (It is 2017 here for those still back in 2016)

Kailus Elboran wrote:Peter Cushin (Tarkin) died in 1994. The face was good but it had that eeriness associated with CGI.
The appearance of Ponda Baba and Cornelius Evazan in Jedhar meant that they had to leave pretty swiftly in order to get to Mos Eisley for the Bar scene in A New Hope
Yeah, at the time I thought they had done something to keep him from looking as old as dirt. Now I know why.

Those two in Jedhar, I completely missed that. Who were they?
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:53 am

Happy New Year All

Jyn bumps into two guys as she is leaving Jedhar. They say something like "Watch it!" and walk on.

These are the same two guys who talk to Luke in the Bar while OB1 is talking to Chewbacca about arranging transport.

Evazan says to Luke "He doesn't like you".
Luke replies, "Sorry"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVKySA2-47c
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:15 am

Wow, that is a good catch.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:11 am

sirfinn wrote:
Sirfinn, no R3 is beyond Galaeron’s reach. But with the 5ft step shuffle, you can keep rotating Ghost and Galaeron back and forth on the front line to all three to get in melee attacks on R1 and R2.

Thanks for the clarity.

You need to still follow the rules though, they cannot simply switch places. They are switching places in a triangle with Olbryn as well to always allow three of you to get melee attacks. The open square was in front of Olbryn this past round. Now it is behind Galaeron.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 am

PMiller wrote:
sirfinn wrote:
Sirfinn, no R3 is beyond Galaeron’s reach. But with the 5ft step shuffle, you can keep rotating Ghost and Galaeron back and forth on the front line to all three to get in melee attacks on R1 and R2.

Thanks for the clarity.

You need to still follow the rules though, they cannot simply switch places. They are switching places in a triangle with Olbryn as well to always allow three of you to get melee attacks. The open square was in front of Olbryn this past round. Now it is behind Galaeron.

So, in other words, at this moment Olbryn should wait until Galaeron/Ghost have taken a turn in Round 3 and the empty square becomes available in front of her again?
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:25 am

Sandstar wrote:So, in other words, at this moment Olbryn should wait until Galaeron/Ghost have taken a turn in Round 3 and the empty square becomes available in front of her again?

Yes, unless you want to chance an AoO from R2 and move all the way behind (going over R1's corpse).
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:04 am

OK Galaeron, given the above, could you please modify your previous post slightly, to the effect of "moves back 5ft to G34 after the attack"? Then Ghost can move 5ft into H34 after his attack, and Olbryn can then take a 5ft step forward into H33 and attack.
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sirfinn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:18 am

Ok Olbryn will do. I thought the last map is incorrect but with the above discussion PMiller has put forward, I will modify my 5ft step direction.
I had thought: Galaeron G-34 and Ghost H-34 were one behind the other and pivoted to switch ( 5ft step-switch). See map Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:22 am Not side by side.

Olbryn should now have a clear movement to H-34
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:30 am

sirfinn wrote:I had thought: Galaeron G-34 and Ghost H-34 were one behind the other and pivoted to switch ( 5ft step-switch). See map Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:22 am Not side by side.
That's what I meant by you could not simply switch places. You technically need 4 squares to keep shifting back and forth to open up the empty square in the front line so 3 can always attack from the 2 squares adjacent to the enemy. It is a tactic that will come in quite handy in the confines of the mine tunnels.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:49 am

PMiller wrote:That's what I meant by you could not simply switch places. You technically need 4 squares to keep shifting back and forth to open up the empty square in the front line so 3 can always attack from the 2 squares adjacent to the enemy. It is a tactic that will come in quite handy in the confines of the mine tunnels.

OK so Olbryn's taken her turn this round (R3): for this to work over multiple rounds, I take it next round she needs to go first by attacking, then retreating 5ft back to G33 so that Ghost and then Galaeron can shuffle back to their original positions? Thanks.
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Sandstar wrote:OK so Olbryn's taken her turn this round (R3): for this to work over multiple rounds, I take it next round she needs to go first by attacking, then retreating 5ft back to G33 so that Ghost and then Galaeron can shuffle back to their original positions? Thanks.

Actually with Sirfin controlling Galaeron and Ghost, he can go before or after Olbryn, it doesn’t matter as long as there is an empty space behind the front two people.

It is perhaps easier for him to do the shuffle with just them (Ghost to attacks then moves back to G33, letting Galaeron step up and attack from H34) and Olbryn to stay put at H33.

Since the current posts have both Ghost and Olbryn moving to H34, I will just have Olbryn going to H33 instead. The next map will be correct.

Sorry, if I confused you all.

Kalius, you did not give me a position or rolled for damage for the Flaming Shere. Since Tasha confirmed that the insectoids can be killed (just need to be taken to -10hp to overcome regeneration), you can retract the action if you wish as the fight is nearly over. Olbryn’s attack will fell R2 and it will not regen back to 1hp this round, effectively being helpless to Coupe de Grace and only leave one left. While R3 will rejoin the fight, but with very little HP.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Getting confused between sleep and flaming sphere.

I thought that this would only take effect next turn.
Where upon I was going to give a location and roll for damage).

Will correct
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 am

R3 is still alive and just needs to be killed. It cannot evade the flaming sphere and maybe Olbryn will not roll a 1 like Tasha.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:26 am

A flaming sphere does 2D6 damage. That might well be every turn (the SRD is not clear). So the solution might jsut be to wait until the creature is crispy done.

Assuming this, I will roll damage for the sphere.
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads