Grp A OOC Thread

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A OOC Thread

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Btw, rather than map the whole thing out with a tedious dungeon crawl, I am trying this method instead.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 pm

PMiller wrote:
Sandstar wrote:PMiller, could you perhaps give us some indication as to how large an area these tunnels on the present level run over? I appreciate it's probably way too big to all fit onto one of your maps, but I'm just curious as to how much distance we've covered since leaving the area where the rockfall had occurred?

You have explored about 50% already are about 100-120 feet from the area of the rock slide in the large chamber.

Many thanks, that makes perfect sense, greatly appreciated.
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:49 pm

I like the speedier format. Though methodical is good at times, it slows down the gameplay to a "crawl" which is never ideal
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

Postby sirfinn » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:39 pm

I will be having poor internet access between 14-24th Nov. Will endeavor to keep a regular as possible with posting.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:11 am

Understood. Thanks for the notice.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:41 am

Been busy and I will be playing catch up for a few days yet while family is visiting from out of country. With other activities going on, I might be slow to update until the end of the month.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:34 am

Hmm, I have been in the habit of asking people to roll Spot/Listen or Perception like it was easy and routine. That works for my games on MW easily enough where they roll directly in the IC thread, just keeping the dice roll in their template.

But for you guys, it is a pain in the neck every round. Unless you all are making a special action to Listen or Spot, just include your Spot and Listen modifiers in your mini-stats instead of rolling. Then I will roll the passive checks as you explore the mine when actually needed. I can actually roll everyone’s as appropriate with a RNG in less time than you all take to do it on MW.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:51 am

Hi folks, it's getting to that time of year again; from tomorrow onwards until the 29th, I will be travelling to see my relatives for the holidays and may therefore be a bit slow in responding. I should still have internet access for most of it though, so don't worry about a complete absence. Best wishes to all of you!
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:34 am

I hear ya, Sandstar. I have been pretty busy this week already and my weekends are looking to be too busy for PbP as well. And I am not even going anywhere for Christmas!

Kailus, wrong assumption. I am only doing those Spot and Listen checks that I asked for prior to encountering the insectoids. Sometimes the rolls were needed and used, other times they are not.

Instead, please include the Spot/Listen modifiers in your Combat Information Spoiler, not your Actions spoiler. Put them right under Initiative would be a good spot.

Any actions you all take, roll the dice. You can even roll Spot and Listen too if your character is making a deliberate action to do so (like checking something specific) besides the passive rolls I am making.

Btw, Galaeron found the potions and has them, so Kailus cannot examine them until gets them from the druid. Since it will take a few minutes to complete that examination and given that some characters are impatient to rescue the dwarves, I will not assume that you all are pausing to identify potions without an agreement made IC.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:39 am

Edited
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:58 am

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. For me Christmas was nice and relaxing, opened a few presents, talked with family overseas with video, and had yakiniku (Korean BBQ, Japanese style).

Then, I saw Rogue One yesterday as a second annual tradition. Awesome experience in the IMAX 3D. :)

Sirfinn, you should probably check what players that post before you have done, that way you don’t move into the same square (G33) as someone else (Olbryn).

Since Ghost is an NPC, I will readjust his movement to be in front of Galaeron instead (H34), putting him beside Tasha.

Btw, asking Tasha to shoot between Ghost and Galaeron will be giving +4AC to any of her targets. Any character between shooter and target will provide soft cover for the target.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby sirfinn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:38 am

PMiller wrote:Then, I saw Rogue One yesterday as a second annual tradition. Awesome experience in the IMAX 3D. :)

Sirfinn, you should probably check what players that post before you have done, that way you don’t move into the same square (G33) as someone else (Olbryn).

Since Ghost is an NPC, I will readjust his movement to be in front of Galaeron instead (H34), putting him beside Tasha.

Btw, asking Tasha to shoot between Ghost and Galaeron will be giving +4AC to any of her targets. Any character between shooter and target will provide soft cover for the target.

Rogue One was good indeed. Saw at local cinema. 3D would have been awesome and now slightly envious.

I missed Olbryn move forward with change of weapon. Was just trying to protect the missile users. Same with suggestion to Tasha

Query: can Galaeron stab/slash at the bug on the wall or is beyond range of a scimitar.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:13 am

I liked Rogue One.

Can't believe that Carrie Fisher is dead now.
I looked at the CGI Leia (and Tarkin) and was amazed at the quality.

Lots of cameo / Easter Eggs, so hats off to the production team.
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:14 pm

I knew about CGI for Princess Leia at the end, but I had not known about Moff Tarkin while I was watching. I remember being sort of surprised the guy would still be alive while though, but CGI makes more sense now. :p

Sirfinn, no R3 is beyond Galaeron’s reach. But with the 5ft step shuffle, you can keep rotating Ghost and Galaeron back and forth on the front line to all three to get in melee attacks on R1 and R2.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby sirfinn » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:21 am

Sirfinn, no R3 is beyond Galaeron’s reach. But with the 5ft step shuffle, you can keep rotating Ghost and Galaeron back and forth on the front line to all three to get in melee attacks on R1 and R2.

Thanks for the clarity.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads