Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:33 pm

T'sarich spends his downtime drinking and meditating...generally taking it easy. He replenishes the two sunrods he used from his inventory and stows them in his pack.

Each morning, after his meditation, the cleric spends a couple of hours practicing manuvers with his new sword, after which he polishes and cleans it.

At the dinner where Slyph divulged the information about being a spell caster, T'sarich simply smiled and nodded. Nothing about the whisper gnome suprised him. She was turning out to be as enigmatic as he'd heard her race often was.

The priest learns of the monks purchase of a mule and silently wishes he'd spent a bit more time around animals. But regretting the past was not a pass time he was accustomed to, so he moved on and accepted his soon to be load with a determined grit.
User avatar
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 am

Slyph, even with Thamior's help, is not able to learn anything after one day of study of the spellbook.

Having retrieved the magic items from Thamoir and prepared your beast of burden, you say your farewells to Sten and Mallie. You set out in the clear morning air, the weather pleasant and the birds chirping.

Leaving the hamlet behind, the forest has given way to the occasional section of woods to more open grassland with few trees and some gentle hills. You follow the road back to Callenburg for several hours. With about two hours left in the day you are approaching a crossroads.

spoiler: show
OOC: Please provide a grid coordinate for your marching order with the donkey & what weapons if any are in hand.

I also need a Spot and Listen check from each of you.

Image
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:37 am

Xan brings up the rear holding the reins for Sister Sarah, gently coaxing the stubborn mule along.


spoiler: show
Xan will take the rear position G-8 (unless someone else wants it) and he has the reins in one hand and his loaded crossbow in the other.
Spot and listen checks respectively (1d20+9=10, 1d20+9=15)
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:

Current AC:15
Current HP:29 of 29
Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow
Conditions in effect:3 of 3 stunning fists left
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 pm

While you are enjoying the weather, Aukan hears a noise up ahead as Slyph spots movement behind some boulders flanking the road. You stop up short, an uncomfortable feeling rising the hairs on the back of your neck telling you something could be amiss. As your progress has stopped, four individuals stand up from their crouched hiding places behind the two boulders.

Image Image Image Image
The first one in line is a human male, wearing studded leather armor and you can see a longbow over his shoulder and blades on his belt. The second is a male dwarf wearing platemail armor, a shield slung on his back and longbow in his left hand. There is an axe visible on his belt as well. The third is a human man wearing a mithral shirt and carrying a light crossbow in one hand. The last one is a human woman wearing studded leather armor as well, a shortbow in one hand.

The dwarf calls out to you, "Well, well. If it isn't those fuckin' scabs lazying about in Barrow's Edge. I see you have collected my treasure for me. Be good little chickadee's and just hand it all over. I will let you live to collect more. Har, har!"

Tactical Map:
spoiler: show
The boulders provide cover and cost extra +1 sq to movement to cross through. You can freely go by them with diagonal movement.
The circle is the tree trunk and it also provides cover.

Image


What are you going to do? Only post one round worth of actions.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Slyph-Old » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Slyph reacts, hoping to nip this in the bud. Quickly she casts a Minor Image illusion, creating the image of two huge brown bears side by side (bear 1 @ M9/L9 and bear 2 @ M10/L10)

spoiler: show
Move Action: Shift to L-11
Standard Action: Cast Spell - Minor Image
Free Action: Speech
Current AC: 20
Current HP: 15
Current Weapon in Hands: Shortbow
Conditions in effect:
Spells Cast:
Slyph - Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
User avatar
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Aukan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 am

Aukan, with sword and shield in hand, reacts quickly to take cover moving behind the tree and then taunting the would be robbers, “come and take it if you can!”

spoiler: show
Move Action: Move to N-2
Standard Action: Ready Attack if engaged in melee (will engage “Whirling Frenzy” as free action prior to attack)
Free Action: Speech
Current AC: 18
Current HP: 28
Current Weapon in Hands: Longsword and Shield
Conditions in effect:

OOC: I'm not sure if it's too late but I had wanted to purchase a "Tower Shield" before we left town, if aloud to have it then my actions will change dramatically.
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:50 am

"Good defensive tactics mighty Aukan, but there is not room for all of us behind the tree." Xan says as he drops the reins to Sister Sarah and runs forward to meet the potential enemies. As he closes in he asks. "Why do you say this is your treasure?"


spoiler: show
Move Action: Move to T2
Standard Action:
Free Action:

Current AC:15
Current HP:29 of 29
Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow
Conditions in effect:3 of 3 stunning fists left
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

T'sarich follows the barbarian and stands behind him.(Ref L-2) A familiar 'ooohm' fills the ears of his allies and they take heart at its sound. After he has blessed his companions, he prepares for battle.


spoiler: show
Bless

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-
Affecting]
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 50 ft.
Area: The caster and all allies within a 50-
ft. burst, centered on the caster
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Bless counters and dispels bane.



spoiler: show
Move Action: hustle to L-2
Standard Action: cast Bless (should reach all party members)
Free Action:

Current AC: 17
Current HP: 20/20
Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Longsword & Heavy Shield
Conditions in effect:

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining

Spells Cast Today:

0 Level:
Protective Ward(granted power-protection) ~ 0/1
Light ~ 0/1
Light ~ 0/1
Guidance ~ 0/1
Resistance ~ 0/1

1st Level:
Bless ~ 1/1
Divine Favour ~ 0/1
Cure Light Wounds ~ 0/1
Magic Weapon (Level 1 (deity)) ~ 0/1

2nd Level:
Aid ~ 0/1
Sound Burst ~ 0/1
Spiritual Weapon (Level 2 (deity)) ~ 0/1
User avatar
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 am

At your spell casting, the one in a mithral shirt identifies what's being done, "The half-elf is casting Bless and the gnome is casting Minor Image."

Image
The dwarf laughs mockingly, "Very well you shits, prepare to meet your doom at the hand of Kurik's gang. We'll take your treasure from your dead fingers. Nils and Aslan, attack! Owen, Inspire us!"

You finish casting your spells and maneuver into position. The donkey moves away from the bear image.

Image
Owen keeps his cover behind the boulder and begins spouting out some nonsense about Kurik's gang and their victorious deeds in the past. The oration must be meant to inspire his allies.

Kurik, the dwarf, tosses his bow aside and charges the unarmored one drawing his axe as he goes. He cuts a wicked slash on Xan's side [11 dmg].

Image
The woman, Aslan moves around the boulder to the left drawing her shortsword. But her flanking attack is barely dodged by the nimble monk, "I will skewer your liver, scum."

Image
Nils moves to his right to deal with that flank and fires an arrow at the big guy hiding behind the tree. The shaft sinks into the fleshy part of the Goliath's thigh [6 dmg]. Instead of nocking another arrow, Nils drops the bow and quickly draws a rapier and a dagger, "I am coming for you, little girl and your bear!"

** Combat Round 2 **
spoiler: show
Owen identified the spells and everyone saved on the Will Save but Nils. Random target select still ignored the bear though.

Initiative Order:
You guys
Kurik's gang

Updated Tactical Map:
The two boulders provide cover and cost extra +1 sq to movement to cross through. You can freely go by them with diagonal movement.
The two circles are the tree trunks and they also provide cover.
Image

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Xan:         18/29 HP remaining; 11 dmg
Slyph:       15/15 HP remaining
T'sarich:    20/20 HP remaining
Aukan:       22/28 HP remaining; 6 dmg
Conditions in Effect: Bless (T'sarich)(+1 Att), Minor Image

Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges) -> T'sarich
Slyph Cantrips: 6/6 remaining
Slyph 1st level Spells: 3/4 remaining
T'sarich Orisons: 4/4 remaining
T'sarich 1st level Spells: 4/4 remaining
T'sarich 2nd level Spells: 3/3 remaining
T'sarich Turn Undeads: 3/3 remaining
Xan Stunnign Fists: 3/3 remaining
Aukan Rage: 3/4 remaining


Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Kurik (-2AC Charged):
Aslan:
Nils:
Owen:

Everyone is up in Round 2.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 am

His face a mask of concentration, Xan cartwheels in the air while still holding his loaded crossbow and delivers two kicks to the angry dwarfs face. Channeling his Chi through his body in an attempt to stun the dwarf upon contact.
"Are you Kurik master dwarf?" Xan asks in complete calmness while delivering his kicks, somehow able to compartmentalize the chaos around him.

spoiler: show
Move Action: 5 foot rule moves to U-2 after attack
Standard Action:
Full Action: Attacks the Dwarf, then moves
Flurry of Blows using up to two Stunning fists, depending if the first attack hits. (1d20+4=20, 1d6+1=7, 1d20+4=18, 1d6+1=6)
Free Action:

Current AC:15
Current HP:18 of 29
Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow
Conditions in effect:3 of 3 stunning fists left
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 am

Xan's first blow stuns Kurik and both of the flurried blows land leaving the armored dwarf moderately wounded.

Kurik: 13 dmg; Moderately wounded; Stunned (-3AC until your next turn)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Slyph-Old » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 am

Slyph did not like how this was panning out already, and things just got started. Giving the bear illusion the last command to fight and defend her she breaks her concentration on it, shifts back a bit and shoots.

spoiler: show
Move Action: shift to K-10
Standard Action: Attack w/ Shortbow, Rapid Shot at PB range .... Attacks/Damage (1d20+5=18, 1d4+2=5, 1d20+5=22, 1d4+2=6) - forgot bless, add +1 to hit if needed ... heck, just add it anyway :)
Free Action: Stop concentrating on illusion (should last another 2 rounds)
Current AC: 20
Current HP: 15
Current Weapon in Hands: Shortbow
Conditions in effect: Bless (+1)
Spells Cast: Minor Image
Last edited by Slyph-Old on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slyph - Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
User avatar
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby T'sarich Xenn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 am

A single word is muttered.... "Sahandrian..." Near the man who identified the spells, a twisting mist quickly forms into a green, flaming longsword. It twists in the air and strikes at its enemy, missing widely over the stone, but definately getting the attention of the apparent bard. As the sword forms, T'sarich moves to the path, the spiritual weapon staying between himself and its target.




spoiler: show
Move Action: move to N-6
Standard Action: cast Spiritual Weapon and attack Owen attack / damage with Sahandrian (+1 to attack IF the Bless spell affects a Spiritual Weapon) (1d20+5=6, 1d8+1=8)
Free Action: speech

Current AC: 17
Current HP: 20/20
Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Longsword & Heavy Shield
Conditions in effect:

Turn Undeads: 5/5 remaining

Spells Cast Today:

0 Level:
Protective Ward(granted power-protection) ~ 0/1
Light ~ 0/1
Light ~ 0/1
Guidance ~ 0/1
Resistance ~ 0/1

1st Level:
Bless ~ 1/1
Divine Favour ~ 0/1
Cure Light Wounds ~ 0/1
Magic Weapon (Level 1 (deity)) ~ 0/1

2nd Level:
Aid ~ 0/1
Sound Burst ~ 0/1
Spiritual Weapon (Level 2 (deity)) ~ 1/1


spoiler: show
Spiritual Weapon (Sahandrian)(Deity Spell Level 2)

Evocation [Force]
Level: Clr 2, War 2
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Magic weapon of force
Duration: 1 round/level (D) (3 rounds)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

A weapon made of pure force springs into existence and attacks opponents at a distance, as you direct it, dealing 1d8 force damage per hit, +1 point per three caster levels (maximum +5 at 15th level). The weapon takes the shape of a weapon favored by your deity or a weapon with some spiritual significance or symbolism to you (see below) and has the same threat range and critical multipliers as a real weapon of its form. It strikes the opponent you designate, starting with one attack in the round the spell is cast and continuing each round thereafter on your turn. It uses your base attack bonus (possibly allowing it multiple attacks per round in subsequent rounds) plus your Wisdom modifier as its attack bonus. It strikes as a spell, not as a weapon, so, for example, it can damage creatures that have damage reduction.
As a force effect, it can strike incorporeal creatures without the normal miss chance associated with incorporeality. The weapon always strikes from your direction. It does not get a flanking bonus or help a combatant get one. Your feats (such as Weapon Focus) or combat actions (such as charge) do not affect the weapon. If the weapon goes beyond the spell range, if it goes out of your sight, or if you are not directing it, the weapon returns to you and hovers. Each round after the first, you can use a move action to redirect the weapon to a new target. If you do not, the weapon continues to attack the previous round’s target. On any round that the weapon switches targets, it gets one attack. Subsequent rounds of attacking that target allow the weapon to make multiple attacks if your base attack bonus would allow it to. Even if the spiritual weapon is a ranged weapon, use the spell’s range, not the weapon’s normal range increment, and switching targets still is a move action.
A spiritual weapon cannot be attacked or harmed by physical attacks, but dispel magic, disintegrate, a sphere of annihilation, or a rod of cancellation affects it. A spiritual weapon’s AC against touch attacks is 12 (10 + size bonus for Tiny object). If an attacked creature has spell resistance, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against that spell resistance the first time the spiritual weapon strikes it. If the weapon is successfully resisted, the spell is dispelled. If not, the weapon has its normal full effect on that creature for the duration of the spell. The weapon that you get is often a force replica of your deity’s own personal weapon, many of which have individual names.
A cleric without a deity gets a weapon based on his alignment. A neutral cleric without a deity can create a spiritual weapon of any alignment, provided he is acting at least generally in accord with that alignment at the time. The weapons associated with each deity or alignment are as follows: Corellon Larethian: Longsword, “Sahandrian”
User avatar
T'sarich Xenn
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby Aukan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 am

Aukan barely reacts to the arrow sunk into his leg as he bursts from behind the tree to engage in the melee with Xan and their enemies.

spoiler: show
Move Action: 5ft step to M-1
Standard Action: Charge Aslan (1d20+12=14, 2d6+7=14)
Free Action: Enter Whirling Frenzy
Current AC: 18 (20 - 2 [Charge])
Current HP: 28
Current Weapon in Hands: Longsword and Shield
Conditions in effect: Whirling Frenzy (0/6 rounds)

OOC: Forgot the bonus for bless when I rolled originally but I added it in the link
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 am

Aukan (NPC'd the corrected action) cannot penetrate Kurik's armor, despite the dwarf being stunned. Slyph's arrows wound Nils moderately.

Image
Owen tumbles away from the floating sword and jabs Xan with his rapier [2 dmg].

Image
Aslan shifts around behind Xan to finish him off, but once again her flanking attack is barely dodged by the nimble monk, "You were lucky. Next time, you are dead."

Image
Nils, unable to reach the whisper gnome, charges the other spell caster instead and stabs T'sarich for a light wound [5 dmg]. He taunts, "Prayer harder to your god!"

** Combat Round 3 **
spoiler: show
Nils has -2AC from charge.
Kurik's stun will wear off before Xan or Aukan attack him again.

Initiative Order:
You guys
Kurik's gang

Updated Tactical Map:
The two boulders provide cover and cost extra +1 sq to movement to cross through. You can freely go by them with diagonal movement.
The two circles are the tree trunks and they also provide cover.
Image

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Xan:         16/29 HP remaining; 2 dmg
Slyph:       15/15 HP remaining
T'sarich:    15/20 HP remaining; 5 dmg
Aukan:       22/28 HP remaining
Conditions in Effect: Bless (T'sarich)(+1 Att), Minor Image

Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges) -> T'sarich
Slyph Cantrips: 6/6 remaining
Slyph 1st level Spells: 3/4 remaining
T'sarich Orisons: 4/4 remaining
T'sarich 1st level Spells: 3/4 remaining
T'sarich 2nd level Spells: 2/3 remaining
T'sarich Turn Undeads: 3/3 remaining
Xan Stunning Fists: 2/3 remaining
Aukan Rage: 3/4 remaining


Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Kurik: 13 dmg; Moderately wounded; Stunned
Aslan:
Nils (-2AC Charged): 11 dmg; Moderately wounded
Owen:

Everyone is up in Round 3.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron