Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Grp A: Hunting For Goblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 am

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN LISTED BELOW, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***


Current Participants
Spiritmarked: Female Whisper Gnome Rogue Sylph
Latvius: Male Human Monk, Xan Chow-Huan
DM Bot/Aukan: Goliath Male Barbarian Aukan
T'sarich Xenn: Half-Elf Male Cleric, T'sarich Xenn
Last edited by PMiller on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 am

As the adventurer's enter into the common room of the Guild, they see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.


The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Approach

Postby Pyrim Dragonfire » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 am

Pyrim entered the boisterous scene with a smile painted across his face. The elven trader was not lying when he said that this was the place to go for anyone seeking enterprise and fame. Lined across the walls of the hall were hardened adventurers, some more than others, drinking and singing while the rest gambled in the middle. A merry tune was in the air, almost drowned by the humming buzz of conversation and laughter. There was no lack for movement in this busy sight, as Pyrim eyes an empty seat beckoning to him by the end of the bar. Ale was plentiful, the cleric noticed, as he took carefully planted steps in an attempt to approach the seat amidst the frolicking chaos around him.

After sitting down, placing his bedroll to the ground and resting his shield and weapons to the side of the nearest wall, he gestured to the massive half-orc bartender with smiled a warmly. Swallowing some saliva, Pyrim imagined the familiar sensation of bitter-sweet ale as it touched his taste buds and proceeded to run down his parched throat. The thought was enough for him to blurt out his order in a voice louder than usual, "I'll have a cold one, sir! Whatever's most popular...and maybe another one soon after!"

There's time enough to see this Deves fellow after a few drinks, he thought. Must be quite the dwarf to be able to run such a place...

OOC: YEY!! :) It works!!
Character Sheet: Pyrim Dragonfire
User avatar
Pyrim Dragonfire
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Postby Leonar Moredhelm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Leonar stepped into the tavern and carefully assesses the patrons and staff before making his way to the counter. "Hmph...finding a dwarf in a tavern is like finding hay in a haystack. Especially in a town like this. How am I supposed to tell one from the other? Shoulda painted me a picture or something," he thinks to himself before taking a seat a few stools down from the cleric.

"'Ey, barkeep! Got anything that doesn't taste like goblin piss?" Leonar shouted, his voice slightly distorted from the helmet he was wearing.

Might as well test rolling out too. I'm making a spot check to try and find any dwarf that seems to stand out from the rest.

Roll(1d20)+0:
15,+0
Total:15

User avatar
Leonar Moredhelm
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: The nearest tavern

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:34 pm

OOC: Guys for Invis Castle there is a BB Code Link for you to simply copy and paste into your post. I prefer that you log in there and tie your dice rolls to your character's name.


The bartender notices the two newcomers and just grunts, "Ork piss. Foa coppa each." He holds out his hand showing all five fingers.

The half-orc heads over to the cask of ale and pours two mugs and returns them to the bar's counter top. He just looks at the man in the helmet, probably curious to see if he can drink with it still on his head, novices doin' crazy shit, usually entertanun.

Looking around there are more than a few of the short stocky types, some carrying arms and wearing armor and a few that are not. There doesn't appear to be any dwarf that is holding court and working in the common room at the moment.

OOC: If language is offending let me know, but pretty much we are R-rated here. But we don't want to offend. :)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Is It Really...

Postby Pyrim Dragonfire » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Pyrim's brow furrowed quizzically at the bartender after hearing what he just did. ORC PISS? I hope it's just a name... The cleric swallowed once again, but this time, the sweet sensation which drove him to marked excited seemed to have devolved into a mere reactionary reflex from growing trepidation. He squinted upon this realization, turned away from the bartender and gathered his courage for an inevitable taste of whatever liquid he was about to ingest.

Why would anyone name their drink Orc Piss?

He rummaged through his pouch for payment, procured a gold coin and tossed it to the bartender after receiving one of the two mugs. Can I also get something to eat? Some fruit perhaps? And I'll take my change in copper please. I don't care much for silver... He shifted his attention to the foaming concoction in front of him. He griped his mug, turned to the man in the helmet, and said, To fortune, fame...and health... He paused, breathed in deeply, and took a swig so fast that his head snapped back from the velocity.

...doesn't taste like orc piss...
Character Sheet: Pyrim Dragonfire
User avatar
Pyrim Dragonfire
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Postby Leonar Moredhelm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Leonar slaps a gold piece down on the table and waves to the barkeep. "Guess I can think of worse things to drink. I'll take two of yer finest then." He takes another look around the room as he waits for his drink.

Heh, guess it IS only the dwarves that fly into a rage whenever someone insults their brew. Speaking of dwarves, I don't see this Markham guy. Nothin' out of the ordinary, really. Dwarves runnin' around, guys playing cards, bums sittin' around in the shady corners...heh...and this clergy-lookin' guy's a bit eccentric, usually all I see are the stuck-up shrine maidens and the hard-assed priests that're so common today. Maybe he knows something about this guy. Wouldn't hurt to ask I guess.

Leonar then turns to face Pyrim. "Yeah, sure. Fame and fortune and all that. Hey, you haven't seen a dwarf by the name of Deves Markham around here, have you?" he says with a boisterous tone.

OOC: Same goes for me. Leonar is a bit of a jerk ICly sometimes, but if I or he says anything that crosses the line or offends you please tell me and I'll be happy to turn it down a bit.
User avatar
Leonar Moredhelm
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: The nearest tavern

Postby Pyrim Dragonfire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:57 am

Pyrim finishes his mug, settles it down the counter with a thump and grimmaces. He is slightly nauseated from the thought of having drank some form of urine, but is thankful that the ordeal has past. He even offers a silent prayer to Corellon, thanking the elven diety for delivering him from such a trial.

He turns to the masked stranger and replies in a less booming voice, "Funny you should ask, I'm looking for him myself. Heard he was the dwarf to see in these parts." Quickly afterwards, he shift his attention to the bartender and ask, "So how about it, sir? Can you help us find Deves Markham? Seems to be quite popular, this dwarf."

Pyrim lifts his shield from the ground and presents it to the half-orc. With a sly grin that exposes his pealry white teeth, he remarks in jest, "I should probably get him to sign my shield if he is that well-known. Could make it more valuable than its worth today."

Diplomacy Check to soften the distant bartender: 1d20+4=24
Character Sheet: Pyrim Dragonfire
User avatar
Pyrim Dragonfire
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 am

:D I am celebrating my 1000 post on my DM Account today! :D

Grog, the bartender only answers the request about food with a grunt and signals a buxom barmaid with a pigtail to come over. She says, "Hello, my name's Trixie and I will be your server today. You boys look like you can use the Adventurer's Special, a hearty meal that is sure to fill your stomach and make you feel strong and able to tackle the toughest of monsters."

Image

Assuming that at least one will agree, she flounces off towards the kitchen and you can hear her call out pleasantly, "I need an order or two of Rat Stew please."

The bartender just smiles and pulls out a bottle that is crudely labeled 'Gud Stuf' but also has the letters 'XXX' more officially labeled on it as well. He pours two mugs and puts them on the bar counter with a grin, missing a tooth or two and says, "Drink up nuggets."

He doesn't answer the question about Deves yet.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Pyrim Dragonfire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:02 am

Pyrim was somewhat surprised to see the barmaid creep up to his left side, as most of his attention till that moment revolved around Orc Piss. "Why hello Trixie! What's a beautiful creature like you doing in a place full of rough and tumble sorts, mmm?" The cleric could not clearly tell if there was any elven blood in this barmaid, but a slightly upturned nose and elegantly elongated eyes were enough for him to swoon slightly.

"My dear, I was interested in some fruit, but I will take whatever you recommend. Mr. Bartender already has my coin, but you can have my full attention..." With a goofy look on his usually respectable face, he sighs and watches the barmaid go into the kitchen. His was firmly fixated on the "buxomness" of the slender buxom beauty. Forget monsters, I think I'd rather tackle you, my sweet...

He reaches to the counter and finds another filled mug filled with liqour. As if to douse the growing fire inside him, he drinks and thinks, This is definitely better...and stronger than before...not bad...
Character Sheet: Pyrim Dragonfire
User avatar
Pyrim Dragonfire
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Postby Leonar Moredhelm » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Leonar tips up the visor of his helmet just enough so that he gets a good drink of ale. "Heh...not bad...strong ale plus the rat stew and good-lookin' barmaids...you sure know a way to my heart, chief.." he says jokingly. "Used to be all we got down in the pit was the cheapest grog in town, tasteless mush, and old shieldmaidens yellin' like fishwives...then again around here a lot of my expectations are usually wrong."

"So, Mr. Barman..what's the news around these parts? This is my first time in Callenburg in a couple years."

I guess there won't be any ravishing beauties to save until Deves gets his bearded ass in here, but what the hell. Might as well get a feel for the land at least.

In case it matters, he's lying about ever being in Callenburg. (This is mostly to test Invisible Castle rolling)
bluff check (1d20-2=1)
Last edited by Leonar Moredhelm on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Leonar Moredhelm
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: The nearest tavern

Postby Charles Brecht » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Outside the tavern, the music and laughter filled the cool summer evening. Brecht stood on the road, looking at the entrance with a sceptical look on his face. His eyes were resting on the hanging sign. It read; Miner's Pick. His mind went back to the instructions given to him and he sighed. Finding a dwarf in a watering hole in an effort to gain information was almost certainly a wasted effort. Chances of finding the dwarf sober would be slim.

Nevertheless, Brecht straightens his collar, brushing down the seams in his jacket. Wiping away imaginary creases. He wore expensive fabric, smart clothing, but carefully picked not to flaunt any sort of imaginary wealth. He wore a deep red cape which covered most of his back down to his ankles.

Walking through the door, the overwhelming and powerful assult of smell and noise attacked his senses. The noise was deafening compared to that of outside. The smell a cosy combination fo sweat, smoke and what seemed like urine.

Eying the bartender, his sauntered over to the bar. His movement was graceful, overexagerrated. He raised his fingers in a smooth quick motion to beckon him over. Giving him a small nod at the same time.

"Good day, I'm in need of a drink, a dwarf and a wench. But preferably not all together." He smirked at his own humour. "The dwarf's name is Deves Markham, the drink can be whatever's in your hand there, and the wench... well, I'll make my own introductions." A cocky grin slid onto his face at the last mention.

[Tavern name in there for flavour, let me know if its incorrect and I can revert.]
User avatar
Charles Brecht
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 am

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 pm

---------- In the Guild's Common Room ----------

The strong drink smells like turpentine and burns like fire going down. The half-orc bartender grins, "Nuttin' like da har o the dog eh?" He doesn't say much, just watching the reactions of the two men drinking the 'gud stuf'.

OOC: Make Fortitude Saves on your next IC post.


---------- In the Miner's Pick ------------

This tavern is mainly dwarves, gnomes, and dirty looking men. From the attire and overheard bits of conversation, mostly miners and other hardworking folk make up the majority of the patrons.

The man behind the bar answers, "You are dressed a little fancy for this place aren't ya. Miner's brew will cost you five copper pieces mister." He brings a mug of ale and puts it on the counter top.

After receiving the money, he continues, "Wench will cost you 5 silver pieces. And as for dwarves there are many in here. You can even have a dwarven wench if you like. But Deves, he usually hangs around with that warhammer of his in the common room over at the Adventurer's Guild. He sometimes comes in here to socialize with his kin folk, but not today."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Leonar Moredhelm » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 pm

The sting of the firewater nearly knocks Leonar's helmet off as his head snaps back. The expression on his face before he snaps his helmet back down is a mixture of shock, awe, and disgust. "Damn Mr. Orc Man, what is this, black dragon piss?"

Fort save vs. drunkenness (I assume) (1d20+4=12)

OOC: Looks like someone's gettin' tanked tonight. Or going to the hospital. Or perhaps nothing at all. Let's find out!

Also edited my bluff roll above, didn't realize I double-rolled (internet connection was crap, that shouldn't be a problem anymore though) so I went with my original roll. Fits his character more anyway, I guess...

User avatar
Leonar Moredhelm
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: The nearest tavern

Postby Pyrim Dragonfire » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:48 am

Pyrim slowly swallowed the strong ale, as his eyes rested on the helmeted stranger. Raising and eyebrow, he wondered why someone would keep his helmet on while relaxing in a tavern. He shrugged slightly and turned his attention back to the kitchen. Where are you my strumpet...

Little did the cleric realize, but his drinking became gulping and soon after, the second mug of ale was gone. All of a sudden the room started to move. His heart was beating faster and beads of sweat started rolling down the back of his neck and on his forehead. He limbs were heavier. His body felt like it was gliding without balance.

"Wha is dish shtuff? Izz grreeaaatt!"

Roll vs. drunkness: 1d20+3=8
Last edited by Pyrim Dragonfire on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character Sheet: Pyrim Dragonfire
User avatar
Pyrim Dragonfire
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Next

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest