Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Listening carefully to Tasha's plan, Gan makes himself available to help.

"I will help to drag the bodies away from camp Huntress."

Gan drags the three wolves away from camp to the spot Tasha indicated and lays them out apart from one another so there is ample room to work around them. After completing this task Gan stands guard near the wolves bodies until Tasha returns with the other two so that no scavenger animals get any wise ideas about the party's dinner.


Combat Information | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Swift Action:
Standard Action:

AC: 24
HP: 54/54
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 8
Spot 0, Listen 1

Conditions:
Threatened terrain = difficult

Weapons (h = in hand):
(h)Guisarme +10, 2d4+7
(h)Spikes +9, 1d6+4
Longsword +10, 1d8+6

Spells (x = cast):
0 - Light, Create Water, Detect Magic
1 - Protection from Evil, (x)Shield of Faith

Gan Character Sheet
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Gan and Nikhil [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:53 am

Nikhil nodded his thanks to Olbryn. The duskblade's wounds were mostly taken care of, and then came the crash of the adrenaline rush. Nikhil didn't realize how bad the wolf's attacks were until his mind had a chance to process it. The group was lucky they didnt lose any one or any of the horses.

"I'll give a hand as well, " Nikhil moved to help with the wolf corpses. Best he wasnt idle to keep of thinking of other things.

"At least the attack wasnt in the middle of night. Same watch order as before?"


actions | Show
AoO:[b]
[b]Standard Action:

Free Action:
Move Action: move to ag15


Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 4/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
2nd-Level Remaining: 3/3
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Conditions: +2 knowledge devotion bonus vs the wolves
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 am

~ Day 9, 19:50 – Camping Out ~It was starting to get dark after all the wolves were dragged to the dressing and skinning area. The pelts were not terribly mangled for the most part as the arrows left little exterior damage and those that were more slashing were limited. Fresh wolf meet was tough, and not as fatty that most would like for flavor. But the pelts could be worth some gold when sold at the next town, assuming they were preserved for the brief journey ahead. Tasha did not have the tanning equipment needed to do it properly, so the price offered for them would understandably be less.

The group was able to start cooking up some of the wolf meat as they were working out a watchstanding rotation.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       41/41 HP remaining;
Kailus:      24/24 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   12/12 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Olbryn:      31/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Gan:         54/54 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining; 
Nikhil:      47/47 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 2/4; 2nd Level-> 4/4; 3d Level-> 3/3
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 1/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Gan Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 0/1 + D
Gan's Knight's Challenge: 4/4
Nikhil Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/5; 2nd Level-> 3/3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12637
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:38 am

Kailus was looking forward to supplementing their rations with at least some meat, even if it was wolf meat.

"I can take either the first or the last watch." he explained, "That will leave me the opportunity to get some rest and then read over my spells." he sighed as he looked at the pelts.

"I guess these four got more than they bargained for, but at least we did not lose any of the horses." he took to opportunity to look over his own horse once again to make sure that it was fine.


| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 am

Olbryn busied herself helping to convert some of the dire wolf meat into a stew, tossing arange of spices from her collection into the cooking pot to improve the flavour. Once the meal was well underway, she took a brief moment to magically heal the remainder of her injuries, silently thanking Mother Mya for delivering her little band from these dangerous creatures. It most definitely would not do to get caught out by such beasts, or worse, in the middle of the night.

Tasting the stew to make sure it was as nice as she could make it with the limited means at her disposal, she scanned their surroundings with a more critical eye. "Do you think we ought to tether the horses closer to the tent, in case those wolves come back? Presumably we will be leaving the fire on overnight?"


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Cook up some impromptu dire wolf stew.
Standard action: Convert Endure Elements into CLW to cast on herself, regain 13 hp (back to full strength): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st14104470

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips: Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Purify Food&Drink
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds (D)[CAST], Endure Elements, Hide from Undead, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Detect Thoughts (D)[CONVERTED], Hold Person, Owl's Wisdom [CONVERTED], Spiritual Weapon, Augury (+1cl)
3rd level: Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (D), Cure Serious Wounds [CAST], Summon Monster III, Dispel Magic

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:40 pm

Gan dwells near to the aromatic, savory goodness that Olbryn is busying herself with. Ever a man of simple tastes, the rich and flavorful fare of the south had awakened a hunger in Gan that he had not known existed.

"That seems wise, Lady Dwarf. I will gather more wood so that we may keep our fire through the night. We should teather my horse on a long lead, as he is well trained in combat and will hold his own if set to guard the other horses."

With a last longing glance at the warm bubbling stew pot, Gan sets off to gather as much wood as he could find near to camp.


Combat Information | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Swift Action:
Standard Action:

AC: 24
HP: 54/54
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 8
Spot 0, Listen 1

Conditions:
Threatened terrain = difficult

Weapons (h = in hand):
(h)Guisarme +10, 2d4+7
(h)Spikes +9, 1d6+4
Longsword +10, 1d8+6

Spells (x = cast):
0 - Light, Create Water, Detect Magic
1 - Protection from Evil, (x)Shield of Faith

Gan Character Sheet
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Having completed the gruesome work of skinning and sectioning the wolf meat, Tasha was taking care to wash off the blood and gore from her furred arms and hands.

“I can take the middle watch, when it is darrrkest. I have decent night vision and can patrrrol quietly arrround the perrrimeterrr.”


Actions | Show
Washing up
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 60ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch) (+1 Skirmishing)
HP: 41, Current: 41
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+4 Arcanists, +2 Undead), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Olbryn kept on stirring the pot to make sure the stew did not burn until everyone had a chance to sit down and eat. She considered what Kailus and Tasha had suggested.

"In that case, I shall take fourth watch - I can see quite well in darkness, as you know, so we should use that ability to our advantage."

Once everyone had eaten, she briskly dealt with the cooking pot and utensils, making sure that there was no leftover food lying around that might attract scavengers during the night.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips: Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Purify Food&Drink
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds (D)[CAST], Endure Elements [CAST], Hide from Undead, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Detect Thoughts (D)[CONVERTED], Hold Person, Owl's Wisdom [CONVERTED], Spiritual Weapon, Augury (+1cl)
3rd level: Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (D), Cure Serious Wounds [CAST], Summon Monster III, Dispel Magic

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:29 am

~ Day 10, 11:00 – Arriving at the town en route Quail Valley~After settling down from the aftermath of the battle and skinning the wolves' pelts for later resale, the night passed with more routine for the experienced adventurers. Nothing else disturbed their camping out. Likely any of the rodent type creatures just had a smorgasbord of the offal and leftovers of the wolf carcasses a way's away from camp.

The next morning the stench of the remains was worse, the innards being spread out farther in the forest by small animals and there were vultures and ravens in the trees lurking overhead.

The group's olfactory senses were relieved to put that camp behind them and the mounted adventurers hit the road once again. By late morning, before noon, they arrived at the expected town where the elven wizard was supposed to seek out someone that could identify the rest of the magic items they had collected.


Watch Rotation ? | Show
Kailus
Gan
Tasha
Olbryn
Nikhil

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       41/41 HP remaining;
Kailus:      24/24 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   12/12 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Gan:         54/54 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining; 
Nikhil:      47/47 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 4/4; 3d Level-> 3/3
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Gan Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/1 + D
Gan's Knight's Challenge: 4/4
Nikhil Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12637
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Kailus was pleased to be in a town again. His primary concern was to get the urgent business over with, namely finding the location of a wizard who could identify those magical items that they were unable to identify thus far.

"Let's ask around for the wizard first." he said, "The sooner we talk to him, the sooner we can work out how long we are here for."



| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


OOC: I am off for a week, so you can NPC Kailus if you need to.

Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Olbryn looked around with interest as they rode into town, and scribbled down notes in a tiny notebook as they went, as was her custom. It paid to have up-to-date information about a town's layout, its main features and its people, in case one found oneself needing their assistance at some point in the future. And even if she found no use for such details herself, she fondly imagined the Sisterhood would.

"Good idea", she responded to Kailus' remark about finding a wizard. "Or shall we find an inn first, where we might stable our horses and arrange to spend the night? Perhaps there we can also find someone who can tell us where to find a wizard willing to help us out. And somewhere where we might sell off these wolfskins? I have never been here before, and do not know the way, so we ought to ask someone local."

She looked around, down the road heading into the centre of town, expecting to find one or more inns down that way, and keeping an eye out for any likely passers-by who might be able to give them directions.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips: Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Purify Food&Drink
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds (D)[CAST], Endure Elements [CAST], Hide from Undead, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Detect Thoughts (D)[CONVERTED], Hold Person, Owl's Wisdom [CONVERTED], Spiritual Weapon, Augury (+1cl)
3rd level: Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (D), Cure Serious Wounds [CAST], Summon Monster III, Dispel Magic

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:01 pm

At the mention of finding an inn, Gan felt his stomach rumble. The thoughts of roast meat and strong ale were suddenly all consuming.

Yes, stables and a hearth sound like an excellent place to start. I would greatly enjoy an opportunity to wash this rancid wolf blood from my armor.


Combat Information | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Swift Action:
Standard Action:

AC: 24
HP: 54/54
Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 8
Spot 0, Listen 1

Conditions:
Threatened terrain = difficult

Weapons (h = in hand):
(h)Guisarme +10, 2d4+7
(h)Spikes +9, 1d6+4
Longsword +10, 1d8+6

Spells (x = cast):
0 - Light, Create Water, Detect Magic
1 - Protection from Evil, (x)Shield of Faith

Gan Character Sheet
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 am

Tasha loped into the town ahead of the others, her patrol taking her ahead of the main group when covering the flanks was no longer necessary or practical within the urban outskirts of the town.

“An inn would be prrreferrrable as a base camp durrring our stay. We should head towarrrds the centerrr of the town since that is wherrre at least one is typically be found. If not on the rrroad leading towarrrds it at least. We also need to ask about a tannerrr or a leatherrr smith to about see ourrr wolf pelts.”


Actions | Show
Nothing yet.
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 60ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch) (+1 Skirmishing)
HP: 41, Current: 41
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+4 Arcanists, +2 Undead), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Previous

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron