Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:49 am

Tasha whiskers twitched as the dwarf and elf discussed leaving on the morrow and stopping at a town on the way to their next mission. "Midday? I would be rrready afterrr brrreaking fast if therrre is nothing to do in this town tomorrow. What happened with the investigation of the magical items we have acquirrred, Kailus?"

"Werrre you not planning to experrriment with them and use some spells? Orrr did this town's mage prrrove incapable of helping us?"
she asked.


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am

Kailus looked a little sheepish at Tasha's question. "I was hoping that you would not ask."

He sighed, "My own efforts were completely without results. It seems that I fall exceedingly short of the ability required to identify even one of these items." he admitted.

"I went instead to the town mage who required eight days to identify these items. Given the delay was unacceptable, he suggested that I visit a colleague at a larger town, on our way, in order to get all of these items identified in one day."


| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:35 am

Following Kailus' admission, Olbryn patted the elven mage on the back in a show of support to make sure he did not feel too disappointed. "Don't you worry about that, we'll get those items identified along the way. Your talents lie more in summoning creatures, or making balls of fire appear, that sort of thing."

She considered the possible changes to their schedule. "I suppose I could get everthing ready in time for an earlier start tomorrow morning", she mused. "In that case, I may have to leave you all to it once we have eaten, get my notes in order this evening, and I will be able to leave early tomorrow morning as well. Now, shall we order some food while we discuss our plans?"

Assuming everyone was in agreement, Olbryn ambled over to the bar and asked what was on the menu tonight, carefully considering the various options.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Gan finishes his current mug of ale and strips the last of the meat from his Turkey leg as Olbryn speaks of making ready to leave by morning.

"I will make ready whenever you need me to be ready my friends, and as for ordering food... I'm absolutely famished!"
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Tasha » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 am

"Aye, worrrry not, Kalius. With the numberrr of items we have accumulated, I am not surrrprised a countrrry mage be not skillled enough forrr ourrr needs."

Seeing as they had been drinking and eating in the tavern for over two hours, Tasha had not been hungry again yet. But after traveling most of the day to return the mining town, she was not very energetic in working to get ready for their departure yet that night. "Seeing as it is now a past sundown and into evening, you had best get busy on those prrreparrrations, Olbrrryn. If anyone else needs to take carrre of things in the morrrning, then we can delay ourrr deparrrturrre until they arrre completed. But I forrr one am rrready to take leave of this town afterrr brrreaking my fast and completing my morrrning prrrayerrrs." she asked.


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pm

"Oh my, is it already that late?!", Olbryn said suddenly, as she realised what Tasha was saying. She grabbed a chicken leg out of the bowl she had just secured at the bar for everyone to share, then got back up from her seat. "Right then, in that case, if you will excuse me, I will be off; I look forward to seeing you all here again tomorrow morning!"

She then turned around, took a bite from her chicken leg and wandered off towards the stairs to the bedrooms on the second floor, already thinking about how much detail to include in her report to Deves, and what the Sisters might find more interesting to hear about in her report to them. Once she reached her room, she spent about an hour and a half compiling the reports and converting them into code, before finally seeking out the luxury of a warm bath that she had been looking forward to all evening.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Gan and Nikhil [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:22 am

Nikhil had continued to past the time in the common room. He listened with half and ear as his new companions wrapped loose ends from their previous adventures. Tho they had not met all with success, as seeing how some magical items were yet to be identified. But a stop in route should take care of that.

"Aye, I'm the same as Gan. I'm ready to leave, seeing as how we just arrived."

With the group moving to idle chatter, it wouldn't be long before the duskblade himself turned in.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
2nd-Level Remaining: 3/3
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Conditions: None
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 am

~ Day 9, 07:30 – Stonehill Inn ~With the group of adventures breaking up at different times to retire, the carousing did not last too long into the evening.

The next morning they were reunited from their various rooms, congregating in the tap room to break their fast and get ready to start on their new trek towards the large town a few days away en route Quail Valley.

Phandalin | Show
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Phandalin.jpg

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Gan:         54/54 HP remaining; 
Nikhil:      47/47 HP remaining; 
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Gan Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/1 + D
Gan's Knight's Challenge: 4/4
Nikhil Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12572
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 pm

"Good morning all!", Olbryn cheerfully greeted the others as they came down one at a time. She herself was already tucking into a large breakfast in anticipation of a long day on horseback. She had spent the early morning sending off her messages and, thus having dispensed with all remaining responsibilities, was enjoying the comforts of the inn for as long as possible. She gestured to the others to join her while working her way through a steamed mushroom. "Are you hungry? They do a really good scrambled eggs and glazed ham here - and their porridge is also pretty good!", she said happily, her mouth full with food.

Eventually she finished her meal, paid her outstanding bills and proceeded to the stables to fetch her horse. "Alright, I'm ready to go. To get to the Quail Valley, we need to follow that road out of town, over there."



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Ever the early riser, Gan makes his way to the tap room shortly after Olbryn and joins her for breakfast. Scrambled eggs and ham are too powerful a lure for the road weary warrior to pass up and so he orders a double portion of both for himself as well as a large tankard of ale to wash it all down.

After all pleasantries are exchanged and all have had their fill, Gan makes his way outside to the stables and sees to his horse. Making sure that the steed has had his own breakfast of the finest feed and oats available, Gan brushes out the colt's hair and runs down his muscles to make the beast more compliant under the saddle. Once all preparations are made, Gan joins the others at the trailhead leading out of town.
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Kailus was ready early, having slept well, his dreams of things that he might buy with their new-found funds.
He was already eating breakfast when the others had arrived, his spell memorised and raring to go.

"Good morning," he said, unusually cheerful.

His horse prepared, he mounted, ready to leave with the others. "I will trust to your navigational skills," he said to the others, "As I did not grow up in these lands."




| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Tasha » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 am

Tasha had to rise a little earlier to finish her morning prayers and ablutions. She joined the others while still breaking their fast and she passed on having the eggs and stayed with the ham and some extra scraps of red meat from the kitchen. She was ready to a bit sooner than the others though, not having to ready a mount as she was able to out pace horse on her own two feet.

She was casually leading against a post near the gate of the stable as the others were finishing up with their mounts, "Not to worrrry, Kalius. I am an experrrt trrrackerrr and have neverrr lost a rrroad yet unless the weatherrr was so bad I could not even see my paws."

"How shall we prrroceed on the marrrch? Do you want me to rrrange ahead while you all rrride in column? Or shall I take a flank? Or trrrail?"


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 am

"I think at the front. You can guide us best." Kailus replied, "And as I have found most recently, my magic cannot always be relied on. I clearly have a lot to learn."

Kailus called SkyFury and offered him a tidbit that he had saved from breakfast. In truth, the sparrow hawk could probably do better himself, but having his familiar within reach often made Kailus feel better about the way his life had turned out. Far from what was expected of him.



| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Previous

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron