Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:06 pm

"Quail Valley... Quail Valley", Olbryn whispered to herself as Nikhil recounted Deves' instructions. "You know, that rings a bell somewhere... could I see that map you have there please?" she asked, suddenly intrigued. The place sounded familiar, so she pulled out one of her many notebooks and started leafing through it, trying to cross-reference her notes with the map's contents. Perhaps her notes could also give some clue as to who this Lord Kyle might be, and what he might want from the Guild at this time.

"Certainly happy to help you out, in any case," she assured the others, taking a deep swig from her mug of ale. "We have a few things to take care of but could probably leave by tomorrow around mid-day? What say you, Kailus, do you think your experimentations would take that long?"



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Knowledge (Geography) check to consider what might be encountered along the road to Quail Valley, in terms of terrain, settlements, people and (un)natural hazards: 18 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=240185&page=55)

Knowledge (Local) check to consider what rumours she might recall hearing about notable people in Pemrose, including Lord Kyle: 7 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=13735186#post13735186)

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:45 am

~ Day 8, 17:45 – Stonehill Inn ~From what Olbryn recalled, the Quail Valley would be about 4-5 days journey on foot from the mining town of Phandalin. The valley was surrounded by mountains, but had passable roads that followed along the River Wren as it cut into the valley from the North and exited to the South.

The larger of three villages in the valley, Pembrose, sat at the banks of the river where the Quail River joined the River Wren. Both rivers were fed by several smaller tributaries as well. The waterways provided the means for trade back and forth to the other two villages in the valley, Bostwick and Twain. There was fertile farmland along both banks of the two rivers.

The rest of the valley consisted of the wilderness regions; the Forest of Nim and the Gaskar Hills.

Phandalin | Show
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Phandalin.jpg

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Gan:         54/54 HP remaining; 
Nikhil:      47/47 HP remaining; 
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Gan Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/1 + D
Gan's Knight's Challenge: 4/4
Nikhil Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:28 am

"Although it seems the unpopular choice, I welcome the cool dark of the underground. Seldom have I been anywhere but the desert and I would relish the chance to explore somewhere new."

Gan, being new to these lands, is not familiar with the geography of which the companions discuss, but it matters little to him. Truly, the only thing on the warriors mind is the joy of being part of a company of soldiers once more. On his own, Gan quickly lost hope for his future.

After finishing his mug Gan excuses himself to the bar to order another ale. Being a large, muscular man, Gan had a powerful thirst and an appetite to match. Hurrying back to the table with his frothy drink he settles in and listens to the conversation intently.
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Gan and Nikhil [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:01 am

"Exploring underground does have its advantages, " commented to Gan right before the big man left to get another drink

Nikhil then looked over at the map as it was pulled out and laid out on the table. He eye the pointing Olbryn made at the location of Quail Valley, and then noted the surrounded geography as depicted on the map. From what he gathered, it would be nearly a week's journey on foot. Not too bad considering the mountainous terrain.

"Understandable, " Nikhil answered, "By all means finish up your business here, and then we can plan to head out.

The duskblade waited for the others to see what other business needed to be wrapped up.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
2nd-Level Remaining: 3/3
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Conditions: None
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:11 pm

"Well, you see, during our fight with the r'Karg - that's what they are called, you see, though they probably wouldn't answer to it if you actually spoke to them - we discovered several interesting items of a magical nature. And dear Kailus here would like to investigate their true natures, before setting off again, isn't that so Kailus?", Olbryn explained at some length to the newcomers. "Besides, I must prepare my report to send back to Deves. But that should hopefully not take very long."

She eyed Gan curiously as he spoke. "The desert? I have never seen it myself, though I am told it is very beautiful at sunrise and sunset. Is it true that the sun there can burn your skin in minutes? This part of the world will be colder than you are used to, I wager! It'll certainly be that on our road to Pembrose, as there will be strong winds coming down from the peaks, and that will chill your bones - in winter anyway. So best enjoy the warmth and comfort of this inn while it lasts!"



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Gan laughs at Olbryn's comment about the warmth of the inn.

"It is true, at the peak of the day, the sun in the Bright Desert can wither a man in only 3 hours... if left exposed. This is why we wear the robes, to shield ourselves from the vengeful god of mid-day."

Gan takes a big drink of his mug and wipes the foam from his face with a resounding "ahhhh!" Looking from the tall mug to Olbryn, Gan tilts his head wistfully.

"There are many things I will miss about this inn, but the heat will not be one of them. I've been warm enough for three lifetimes! Haha!"
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Tasha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:22 am

Tasha sipped her wine as she perched on a stool, a seat more comfortable than a chair for her tail. Her whiskers twitched before she commented, "Betterrr the heat of the deserrrt than the depths of a caverrrn to my tastes. Colderrr mountains too."

"Though, I have furrr that aids me in both terrrrains,"
she added with some rare humor to qualify her opinions.

"I should think we'd be rrrready to deparrrt the morrrning afterrr tomorrrrow. That gives the mage time to look into the items and still consult the local wizarrrd should any prrrove difficult to asserrrtain, yes?" she looked to Kailus for confirmation.


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:15 am

"Tomorrow is fine by me." Kailus smiled. "I am only hoping to identify some of the items that we found the last few days. It should not cause a problem."

He sat back and sipped his wine. "I have to admit, however, that I am looking forward to sleeping in a decent bed tonight."


| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: Gan and Nikhil [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 am

"Alright, tomorrow morning seems like a plan."

Nikhil nodded in sanctification as he and Gan seemed to have been welcomed in the group. Of course, the true test will be during some fight or other crisis where lives might be at risk. But the duskblade felt good about his new travel companions. They were adventures of the good nature sort.

"Well, let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in your preparations. Speaking for myself, I will be ready to depart in the morning."

Nikhil say back in his chair and was content to pass the next little while in idle chatter before turning in.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
2nd-Level Remaining: 3/3
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Conditions: None
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Previous

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron