Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:20 am

~ Day 8, 17:20 – Stonehill Inn ~Nikhil and Gan had traveled from the Adventurer's Guild, sent to catch up with Tasha, Olbryn, and Kailus to enlist their aid in another investigation. They had arrived mid-morning and had heard the others were out looking into a silver mine that had trouble. They took a room at the Stonehill Inn and were just settling into the tavern to have a drink before supper, anticipating that the other adventurers would like come there at some point when they returned from their work at the dwarven silver mine.

After they met with the others, they would have another week's ride to Pemrose in Quail Valley, according to the map they were given by Deves. Once there, they were supposed to seek out Lord Kyle and ask about his request for aid.

Phandalin | Show
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Phandalin.jpg

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining; 
Gan:         54/54 HP remaining; 
Nikhil:      47/47 HP remaining; 
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Gan Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/1 + D
Gan's Knight's Challenge: 4/4
Nikhil Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: Grp A: Gan and Nikhil [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:36 am

Nikhil found a seat in the tavern's common room and enjoyed a mug of the local ale as he waited for his current travel companion. The duskblade spent a moment to reminiscence on the last few weeks. The dark haired man had finished clearing out an under lair beneath a mausoleum with his companions Kaedyn, Phaeral and Dorn. That adventure had involved dealing with some fiends and invisible opponents, but in the end resulted in some rescued gnomes, some treasure, and an end of some of evil plans.

Traveling back to the Guild, it seemed that the group would part and go their separate ways as often happens with adventuring groups. Kaedyn had some business with his knighthood, Phaeral was following up on a personally matter, and Dorn decided to return to his homeland. Nikhil himself was not content to lay about the guild and so jumped at a chance at another job. Master Deves sent both him and Gan to catch up with this other group and offer whatever aid they could.

Now they just needed to wait for this other group to wrap up some business in a dwarven silver mine.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
2nd-Level Remaining: 3/3
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Conditions: None
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
Nikhil
Legend
Legend

Postby Seftan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Gan was all to eager to meet his new companions. The Flan warrior was a pack animal by nature, and felt most at ease with other soldiers at his side. The adventurers guild had provided not only work, but also allies and for that Gan was grateful. Having ridden this far with Nikhil, Gan felt comfortable enough with him to strike up a conversation.

"Tell me Nikhil, my friend, what do you know of the warriors we are to meet? Are they honorable men, such as yourself?"
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nikhil » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:32 am

Nikhil looked over as he companion and took a moment to think of the question. Master Deves had told him who had made up this particular group on adventures on this job. He had heard of some of the names in passing at the Guild's chapter house, but never really worked with any.

"Well, personally, I've not had the pleasure to work with any of them. But I would assume that they are honorable enough to still be in the Adventurers Guild's employment. After all the Guild, has no tolerance for scoundrels or thieves that would harm its reputation."

"The Guild, while pragmatic in many ways, does exist for the greater good. As such, it's members would tend towards morally good."

The duskblade shrugged his shoulders as his answer.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil
Legend
Legend

Postby Seftan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:22 pm

"I take your meaning."
Gan says, nodding in agreement at Nikhil's assertion of the Guild's worthiness.

Ordering a round of ale for himself and Nikhil, Gan also calls for bread. Having spent much of his life on horseback he all the more enjoyed the opportunity to eat indoors.

"Forgive me for asking too much, but do you have any great tales to tell? It seems we have some time."

Gan raises his mug and smiles. It was indeed good to be indoor and in good company once more.
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Grp A: Working for Lord Kyle [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 pm

~ Day 8, 17:25 – Stonehill Inn ~While Gan and Nikhil were talking, a group of people arranged for rooms at the inn. There was a female dwarf, a male elf, and a female catfolk person. All three were fairly well equipped for outdoors and combat. They had that look… the look of being adventurers.

Phandalin | Show
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/File:Phandalin.jpg

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining;
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining; 
Gan:         54/54 HP remaining; 
Nikhil:      47/47 HP remaining; 
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Gan Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/1 + D
Gan's Knight's Challenge: 4/4
Nikhil Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sandstar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:29 pm

The issue of accommodation settled, Olbryn followed Tasha and Kailus into the taproom of the Stonehill Inn. After the last few days of fighting monstrous insect-creatures, she was rather looking forward to a nice meal and some good ale in pleasant surroundings. While arranging payment she had asked the innkeeper to prepare a hot bath for her while she dined - the Mother only knew when the next opportunity for such comforts would arise.

"Right!", she said theatrically, clapping her hands together for effect, "First round is on me! What will you two be having? Why don't you grab a table while I sort out the drinks?"

Once the others told her what they wanted, she hustled off to the bar with a determined expression.

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Seftan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Upon seeing the newcomers enter the tavern, Gan stands and raises his mug in salute.

"Greetings friends, I am Gan of the Adventurer's Guild and I believe you are whom we are here to meet!"

Gan smiles and tips his mug back, indicating to the barmaid that he would have ale for the whole table. When the maid finally arrives, Gan orders roast pheasant, potatoes, and bread for the table as well.

"I hope your travels were favorable, this inn had been most hospitable to us, warm and clean with good ale!"
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tasha » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Tasha followed after Olbryn and Kalius as they arranged rooms at the inn. She twitched her tail and whiskers as she nodded at the idea of getting some drinks and food now that they were at the town and just going to have to wait around for the mage to look into the magical items for them.

"Aye, some drrrink will be nice. Rrred meat as well."

Being greeted by some other non-locals that had the look of adventurers brought another twitch of her whiskers and tail. She was no sure why they would meet them here in a small town, but the time was certainly fate as two of their number would not be continuing. "Hmmm, Tasha Scrrreaming Hunterrr."

She asked in a neutral tone, "What news from Callenburrrg?"

Actions | Show
Rolls

Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
Tasha
Hero
Hero

Postby Nikhil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 am

Nikhil noted the new arrivals. They certainly had the look of adventurers and were most likely the group Gan and himself had been sent join up with. In fact, Gan seemed to reach the conclusion much quicker as the man raised a mug to the newcomers.

"Indeed!" The duskblade raised his own mug in greeting and gestured to available chairs nearby.

One of the adventurers was definitly of catfolk descent, and introduced herself.

"Well met, Tasha Screaming Hunter. I am Nikhil Khardov."

He then proceeded to fill in the catfolk and others with what latest news he had from Callenburg.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Nikhil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 21, Tch 13, FF 18
HP 47/47
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Spells:
Nikhil
Legend
Legend

Postby Sandstar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 am

Olbryn's progress towards the bar was interrupted as she noticed their group being hailed by two strangers, other adventurers by the looks of them, sitting at a table off to one side of the tap room. She veered off her intended course to follow Tasha and see who they were and what they wanted. As she approached the table she realised from the conversation that these two were also members of the Adventurers' Guild; she thought she recongnised the names although she had never met them before in person.

She politely introduced herself, then sat down on one of the chairs. "Yes, what news?" she chimed in, ""I do hope it isn't anything to do with giant underground insect-creatures? We have had quite enough of those these past few days - I'll be submitting a detailed report to the Guild!" She made a mental note to check on courier services from Phandalin back to Callenburg - she would have to take some time to order her notes into something sensible... and then there was the other report on the events of the last few days, which she intended to send off to her sisters in the Church of Mother Mya to warn them in no uncertain terms about the R'Karg threat to other dwarven settlements. She figured she could hopefully get that done by tomorrow.

She went on to politely enquire of the new arrivals: "What task are you presently involved with?"

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Kailus smiles at the newcomers introducing himself after Tash and Olbryn had done so.

"I too have had my fill of underground adventures with nothing but dead bodies and monsters to keep me company."

"Though I am in need of coin, I am sorely tempted to turn down another underground adventure."

| Show
spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3

Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'

Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer

Return to Group A Threads