Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 pm

As they retraced their steps towards the entrance of the mine, Olbryn asked Kailus for the list of dwarven names he had recorded back in the village talking to Hrugni. She then proceeded to try to count, and where possible identify, the various dwarven corpses they had encountered along the way. "We have come across at least eleven or twelve corpses, some of which were unrecognisable except by their closest kin," she summarised her workings. "I must speak to Hrugni about organising a proper burial, and there is the inheritance to sort out, if all miners have indeed perished. But the community will come together and right this wrong."



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 am

~ Day 6, 11:30 – Outside The Silverhall Mine ~When the group leaves the large chamber, there was another tremor that caused a few pebbles and dust to fall. The mine was holding up okay, despite the ground being unstable. Getting back to the pile of debris that clogged the entrance to the passage that led to the instectoid mother, the group could see the corpses of more than a few dwarves buried in the debris. The rocks used to make the obstacle prevented another from getting an accurate count of the dead, but there were at least a half a dozen dwarves at least partially visible.

Following the feline scout’s lead, the group made it back to the initial chamber of the mine where the top of the elevator was located and the tunnel leading out. She had no difficultly backtracking the route.

It was nearly noon when the group returned to the surface and back into the sunlight of daytime.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Tasha (Sunrod)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       04/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      28/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    28/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 2/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (37 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Tasha appeared to move faster and faster as they neared the surface. She had an absolute spring to her step as she entered back into the light of day. She sighed with some relief and pleasure as she looked up to the sunny sky, “Ahh, that is much betterrr.”

She turned to the others and added, “Since we plan to rrrest forrr the rrremainderrr of the day, I will starrrt looking forrr suitable place to camp.”

She loped off the trail to a copse of trees to check around.


Actions | Show
Take 10 on Survival
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 am

Olbryn blinked her eyes against the bright daylight as the emerged from the mineshaft. Her mood had not improved following her tallying of the dwarven corpses. Still, she was happy to be outside; dwarf she might be, but she had no desire to be trapped inside an earthquake-prone mine that was no longer being maintained.

She watched admiringly as Tasha loped off into the undergrowth and was rapidly lost from view. Then she returned to the doorway, trying to glean any additional information from them, in terms of construction and any damage.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: take 20 on inspecting the doors for any details about construction, damage or anything else.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:41 am

Image
Once outside Ghost began to feel more at ease, it had been a difficult journey for him and the warrior vowed never to undertake such a dangerous quest so woefully unprepared again. He had learned much on this mission and frankly could not wait to be done with it.

"Shall we set a watch rotation tonight? Incase and of the trouble we have stirred up below should follow us up here?"

Actions | Show
Free Actions:
Standard Action:
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 9/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 am

Kailus was glad to be outside. the inside had never really settled with him, and though he was not scared of closed spaces like some others, he did feel that there could be danger lurking around each and every corner.

now that they were outside, he breathed deeply and looked around.

"Yes, a watch rotation would be wise given the nearby dangers." he agreed.

"While we are waiting for Tasha to find a place, we should agree on a course tomorrow. Do we retrace our steps and makes sure that nothing has changed? or explore a new area? I favour the former as I believe that there are more of the creatures around."


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 pm

~ Day 6, 1145 – Outside The Silverhall Mine ~Image
Galaeron checked on the horses left under his canine companion’s care while the group had been underground. They were a bit skittish until he showed up and calmed them with soothing words. The ground tremors they had felt underground were also felt topside, though not as disconcerting with the absence of tons of rock above one’s head.

Tasha returned about 15 minutes later and reported finding a decent campsite not too far from where the horses were picketed. It was off the road and enclosed by some trees to give it some illusion of privacy. It was not a new campsite, probably used by others coming to the mine and spending an overnight while not staying underground.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Tasha (Sunrod)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       04/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      28/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    28/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 2/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (37 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 am

Olbryn reluctantly tore her attention away from the mine entrance, then followed the others to the camp site Tasha had discovered. She soon busied herself with setting up camp and seeing to preparation of a simple yet hearty meal, to retrieve everyone's spirits.

"Yes, happy to take first watch, or wherever would suit us all best", she agreed to Kailus's suggestion to maintain sensible security precautions. "Tomorrow we should make sure the area we explored today is actually free of bugs before we descend any further. Assuming that the place doesn't collapse in on itself during the night, of course."

Once everyone had eaten and everything had been put away, she began a detailed exploration of the camp site, to see if any recent visitors had accidentally left anything interesting behind.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Search check Taking 20 (24 total) to look for anything dropped, lost or otherwise left behind among the grass etc. in and around the camp site.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Kailus smiled as the idea of taking watch took root. It made him feel safer.
He followed the others to the campsite and busied himself about setting up a camp.

"I would rather take the first or last watch, if no one objects." he said, "I need some hours of uninterrupted sleep, and then time to study my spells, so the last watch is fine given that Olbryn prefers the first."



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Image
"For the sake of brevity, I will take the second watch if none object. I will sleep in my armor for I fear we may reap yet in the night."

Ghost eats what meager provisions he has and lays his roll by the group, sword and new shield close at hand.

Actions | Show
Free Actions:
Standard Action:
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 18
HP 9/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:02 pm

~ Day 7, 1000 – Depths of the Silverhall Mine ~Image
After spending an uneventful night in the camp outside the silver mine, the group returned underground to finish their exploration and search for survivors. After a couple of hours, the exploration was completed. Tasha and Galaeron were able to note the group’s tracks to keep from getting turned around or lost in the various tunnels and shafts.

There were a few minor tremors, but nothing that lasted or cause more than dust to fall.

No more instectoids were discovered either.


Combat Information | Show
Galaeron Lantern

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       04/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      28/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    28/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 2/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (37 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12550
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm

As they concluded their inspection of the accessible sections of the mine, Olbryn was vaguely surprised at how thorough they appeared to have been the previous day. Once they finished checking the lowest tunnel, she spoke:

"Deserted, and no sign of any survivors... I know there are still several side tunnels, partially blocked off, that we could explore. But might it not be wiser to return to town, and warn Hrugni of what has befallen these brave dwarfs?"



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Kailus sighed."I was hoping to find at least some people living. That way we could return with good news. But it seems that there is no one."

He looked around again. "We don't even know how the dwarves stumbled upon these creatures if indeed they did. There is just nothing that we can report that would even explain the death here."


He sighed at last. "Very well, we return and report what we have learned."


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Thu May 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Image
Ghost nods in agreement with Kailus.

"At least we can take solace in that we have destroyed the source of these wretched insects, and wrought vengeance on those most deserving of it. I know many have been lost, but now these good people can be laid to a proper rest."

Actions | Show
Free Actions:
Standard Action:
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 18
HP 9/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sun May 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Tasha shrugged, “Mayhap the trrremorrrs had something to do with the monsterrrs invading the mine. Therrre werrre some flooded tunnels and the crrreaturrres had been hiding in the waterrr a few of the encounterrrs.”

But she was not about to investigate flooded tunnels herself. Swimming in a flooded mineshaft was even worse than swimming in a river or stream, neither a pleasant experience for the feline scout.

Not wanting to continue staying underground longer than necessary, she began the trek back out of the mines once more. “We should be able to get severrral miles down the rrroad beforrre needing to make camp again.”


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest