Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:17 am

"It is odd that there are no coins in there." Kailus observes. "I mean, maybe organic stuff is eaten but you have to assume that this pool is at least part excrement of that huge immobile creature." he stayed clear of Ghost, half expecting him to smell.

"And anything inorganic would have been 'deposited' here. I wonder if each and every one of these items is magical in some way. Maybe I could cast an eye over them."

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Olbryn held on tightly to the rope as Ghost bravely waded through the cold water seeking for treasure. Her recent paralysis had made her jumpy, her usual calm demeanour momentarily forgotten. Fortunately nothing untoward happened, and Ghost emerged, dripping wet, carrying various bits and pieces of treasure. This immediately caught her attention.

"Oooh, what have we here?", she called out, "That handaxe and shield look like they could tell a tale! And those gems! Let's have a look, I wonder what all these things might be worth..."


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Series of Appraise checks, as follows: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st13234863
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Tasha glanced at the few items brought out of the water, but made no move to wade in and help the search for more.

“Interrresting. Though, I am not desirrring to poke arrround in the guts of the motherrr crrreaturrre to see if it ate morrre.”

“I can detect magical aurrras if you would like. I still have that orrrison prrreparrred forrr today,”
she suggested.


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Image
Ghost admires the shield. Having recently fallen in battle he thinks there are many upgrades he might make to his defenses.

"I would be happy to gut the sow, though in all earnest I fear to linger too long. However, should any of you wish it, I will look inside the mother."

Actions | Show
Free Actions:
Standard Action:
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 9/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:58 pm

~ Day 6, 10:56 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Olbryn was not able to discern anything about the shield, wand, or hand axe with any accuracy on their value. Both the shield and axe were of masterful quality in their workmanship, but if they were enchanted their value could be significant.

The ring looked rather plain gold with some undecipherable etchings. It could be worth a few hundred gold pieces. The gems were not the best cuts and neither was the workmanship on the pendent. She estimated they could be worth about 500 gold pieces total.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Sunrod at AF11), Ghost (Torch) at AG9

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       04/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      28/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    28/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 2/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (37 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12519
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Olbryn shared her best guesses as to the value of the recovered items with the group. "I can't tell you anything about any enchantments on any of these things, you understand,", she explained, "But perhaps some of these things have value to other clan members, if only as mementoes to those who fell here. I suggest we do not linger here - there may be more of those creatures roaming these halls, and they will not be best pleased when they discover what has become of their parent."


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Tasha shrugged at Olbryn’s mention of momentos, “Alas we have not found surrrvivorrrs. But typically, those that defeat the monsterrrs arrre deserrrving of the trrreasurrre found. Arrre you intending to hand overrr all of these items to the Mining office back in town?”

If they were going to move out again, she would take her place scouting forward. However Ghost had offered to wade back in and gut the insectoid mother to check its gullet. “Tis messy worrrk, Ghost. I’d not want to do it myself.” Though, her issue was more about having to get her fur all soaked by wading into the water.


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:25 pm

"Certainly not!", Olbryn sounded surprised at Tasha's suggestion that she simply hand over hard-fought treasure. "All I was thinking was that these items might be worth more than their monetary value would suggest, if we were to find the right buyer. And that might be a relative, a collector of otherwise unremarkable sapphire pendants, or someone else. I just thought it might be worth checking in at the Mining Office, but mainly to see who might like to buy any of these things off us."

She turned around, fists on hips, and looked carefully at the Mother's carcass. "It seems like a terrible job, gutting that creature", she eventually said to Ghost, "Don't feel you need to do so on my account. I'd just as soon make sure no more insect creatures are about, and then head back up to the surface to tell Hrugni what has happened to these dwarves."



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm

"We don't actually know what happened to all of them," Kailus stated. "Certainly, some of them are dead, but all? We cannot be sure until we check everything."


Kailus sighed, "And that means encountering more of these creatures. I am without my magic m=now, apart from a fly spell which I doubt will help under here."

"Perhaps we can withdraw and rest. Perhaps return in the morning when we can be of more use to any dwarves who might be hiding."

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Image

"I suppose we have risked our lives for these spoils, seems a shame to leave any behind. Very well then..."

Ghost goes back to do the nasty business of checking the Mother's entrails for gold. He moves as quickly as possible and wears his leather gloves while he works to protect his hands from the potentially dangerous digestive juices.

Actions | Show
Free Actions:
Standard Action:
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 9/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:03 am

~ Day 6, 11:10 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Wading into the cavern’s pond or flooded area, Ghost was busy with the gruesome work of gutting and dissecting the mother creature. After the fluids from inside were released, the water was rancid with the creature’s offal and the stench was strong. The blood and entrails of the creature had no adverse effects otherwise.

During those several minutes, another minor ground tremor shook the entire mine structure.

However, the messy business proved worthwhile as Ghost found something that had been swallowed by the creature. It was an incandescent blue stone that would fit comfortably in the palm of his hand (roughly golf ball sized). It was spherical in shape, with a very smooth surface to be clearly worked or crafted and not natural.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Sunrod at AF11), Ghost (Torch) at AG9

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       04/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      28/42 HP remaining; 
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    28/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 2/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (37 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12519
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Image

Ghost climbs out of the muck and straps his armor back on. Walking up to Olbryn with a wry smile, he hands her the stone he recovered from the creatures gullet.

"Something tells me this stone would look far better on you than on me m'lady. I would ask of the group that I be able to carry the new shield until we are out of the mines, I would be more able to serve on the front line effectively if allowed."

Assuming no one objects, the fighter secures the shield, checks his weapons and makes ready to leave.

Actions | Show
Free Actions:
Standard Action:
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 9/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:44 pm

"Oooohh, how beautiful!", Olbryn said as Ghost offered her the mysterious blue stone for safekeeping, "I take it all back; that was a very good thing you did, searching that creature's innards for treasure! This looks like something rather special!"

Sniffing against the noxious fumes emanating from the corpse, she daintily wrapped the stone in a pouch and stuffed it inside the recesses of her backpack. "If I should fall before we return, make sure to recover this," she instructed the others, pointing out where she had stuck the pouch.
"Otherwise I am ready to go. If we are mostly out of magic, Kailus's suggestion has merit. Tonight we could camp out at the surface, where these earthquakes may not be so bothersome as down here."



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:52 am

"Then it is agreed," Kailus said finally. "We find a way out, or at least to somewhere where we can rest and recoup."

"Tomorrow we explore the rest of the mines and look for dwarves, and if not, at least account for them all."


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Staff To Hit=+2 Damage=1D6
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 14+4=18 (15 Flat-footed / 18 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master, Mage Armour (+4AC)
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:23 pm

“Verrry well,” Tasha nodded in agreement as the others suggest moving out and exiting the mine. She did not enjoy confined spaces like the mine tunnels nor was she fond of being underground in general.

She collected her sunrod and swiftly moved to the tunnel leading out of the chamber.

“I shall lead the way. Follow me and trrry to keep up.”

She led the way back the way they had come, never getting more than 20-30 feet ahead of the others. She paused at the intersections where they had other passages unexplored to look and listen a moment as the slower members of the group caught up.


Actions | Show
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 45 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (1/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron