Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Tasha continued her archery barrage against the insectoid mother of the hive, shifting back and forth swiftly as her furred hands blurred in the release of a pair of arrows. Once again only one managed to find its target to do any damage.

She called to the others in the chamber, “Go ahead and move to help Ghost. With that firrre elemental, I can handle this thing myself and catch up quickly.”


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion (14) = +1 Attack/Damage
Travel Devotion 9r remain
Move to AJ21, activates Skirmish
Rapid Shot: 1 hit for 10 damage, 2nd missed

Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (2/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Image
Maintaining his defensive posture, Ghost lunges again for the horrid bug before him.

"Die you murderous foul insect! Back to the pit with you!!"

Actions | Show
Move:
Free Actions: Fight Defensively (-4 hit, +2 AC until next turn)
Standard Action: Swing short sword at R1 hit 21, dmg 10 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=21


Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 45/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Without confirmation, Kailus felt that he could not be sure enough.

Moving sideways, carefully, he tried to find a spot where he could see, not just the creature, but also any of the creatures that Ghost appeared to be fighting... at least sounded like he was fighting.
He dare not give up his concentration now, to cast a different spell, and tried to keep the flame steady.



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

Move to AI17 and keep the flaming sphere burning.


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:25 am

~ Day 6, 10:48 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Olbryn moved through the darkness towards Ghost who was holding the tunnel against reinforcements, leaving the scout and druid to finish dealing with the large insectoid mother.

Image
The fire elemental did one thing well and that was take the brunt of the insectoid mother's ire as tentacled lashed and slammed down around it. It was hit so hard it flew threw the air, but it winked out of the plane of existence before it would have splash down into the pool of water. The fire sphere controlled by the elven mage had not more effect on the monster and then it too winked out of existence.

Image
The two insectoid creatures continued to harry and dart their stingers at the human blocking their way. While he focused on one to put a minor wound on the creature in front of him, the other slipped mandibles around his blocking blade to scratch his arm.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Sunrod at AF11), Ghost (Torch) at AG9, Daylight wand at AG22
Darkness areas cause - 20% Concealment trying to attack through it.
RM made save
R1 missed Ghost
R2 hit Ghost for 5 dmg
Fire Elemental hit 3 times for 41 dmg
Olbryn double moved

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag Mother & Co.

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       26/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    23/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (39 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
RM [AC22 (Touch 10)] 12/78;
  Defenses: Regeneration 5
R1 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 26/33;
R2 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 32/32; (10ft Elevation)
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 9
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12423
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Image
Seeing his last strike draw blood, Ghost presses the attack driving at the insect abomination again and again, all the while maintaining his guard.

Actions | Show
Move:
Free Actions: Fight Defensively (-4 hit, +2 AC until next turn)
Standard Action: Swing short sword at R1 hit 23, dmg 11 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=21


Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 40/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Tasha moved back again, continuing her pattern of quickly shifting her position to fire fast from a different angle than from the previous ones. All the while, staying out of reach of the long tentacles that smashed the summoned fire elemental back to where it came from.

Both her arrow missed again as she was proving to have more trouble than she would have thought to turn the insectoid mother into a pin cushion. She cursed again in Feline tongue, a sound very much like a cat throwing a hissy fit.

“Gaaahhrrrrrr. Just a moment and I will have this taken carrre of.”


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion (14) = +1 Attack/Damage
Travel Devotion 8r remain
Move to AL21, activates Skirmish
Rapid Shot: Missed both

Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (2/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:02 am

Kailus moved a little more, enough to see the tentacled creature once more. His remaining spells were few and far between, but he did not feel like falling back on his bow this time.
Instead, he cast a spell of summoning, planning to bring forth something that could fly.


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

Move to AJ16 and cast Summon Monster II (Celestial eagle)


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II - Active, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 pm

A little perplexed on what to do now he was out of fire spells. The thought of attacking it with his scimitar would be a bold brave and short lived action considering how it beat him earlier.
Using his enchanted pearl to recall a cure spell so he might use it again, immediately.

Combat Info | Show
Free action: think
Move action: recall CLW with pearl of power
Standard action: Cast CLW on self: +11 HP
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st13031515


Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 34/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Sunrod
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daylight.htm
Wand of CLW: 43 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Deciding that her assistance was more productively needed with Ghost at the tunnel entrance, Olbryn moved carefully but purposefully back to the tunnel entrance. The noises of the fight were getting louder, and suddenly she was out of the darkness, next to Ghost who turned out to be confronting two of the insectoid creatures.

"Gaah!", she shouted, mostly in surprise at how close she had wandered to the battle without noticing. Seeing that melee combat was imminent, she dropped her bow and prepared to grab her mace at the earliest opportunity.



Combat Info | Show
Free action: Shout in surprise, drop bow.
Move action: Double move along wall to AF9.
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:34 am

~ Day 6, 10:49 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Kailus began the casting of his summoning spell, the incantations and gestures taking a few moments to complete while the battle raged on.

Image
The insectoid mother continued to lash out with its long tentacles, but the human druid was just beyond its reach. If only it could move...

Image
Ghost was joined by Olbryn in the rear guard action. In welcome to that part of the fray, one of the instectoids' stinger darted towards her. She dodged it. Ghost did not fair as well as both creatures managed to nip him with their vicious looking mandibles.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Sunrod at AF11), Ghost (Torch) at AG9, Daylight wand at AG22
Darkness areas cause - 20% Concealment trying to attack through it.
R1 hit Ghost for 11 dmg, missed Olbryn
R2 hit Ghost for 8 dmg, missed Olbryn


Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag Mother & Co.

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       07/48 HP remaining; 19 damage
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    34/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (39 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
RM [AC22 (Touch 10)] 17/78;
  Defenses: Regeneration 5
R1 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 18/33;
R2 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 32/32; (10ft Elevation)
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 10
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12423
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Tasha the scout moved back and forth some more, releasing another pair of arrows that thudded into the log covering the monster within. Neither looked sunk in far enough to do much more than annoy the instectoid mother.

“Mmmm-rrrrah! Why do you not die alrrready!?” she exclaimed to the creature in the pool as the situation was taking too long and things could go badly back in the tunnel opening if she was delayed too much longer.


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion (14) = +1 Attack/Damage
Travel Devotion7r remain
Move to AJ21, activates Skirmish
Rapid Shot: 2 hits for 7 & 8 damage

Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (2/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Image"Gahh! These bastards got me good, I can't hold them much longer!"

Wounded but not deterred, Ghost fends off the gnashing bug creatures while slowly pulling back. Better to make them come to him than to stand and fight on their terms.

Actions | Show
Move: 5' step to AG,10
Free Actions: Fight Defensively (-4 hit, +2 AC until next turn)
Standard Action: Swing short sword at R1 hit 15, dmg 10 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=22
Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 40/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:40 am

"Hold steady! I'm here!", Olbryn yells in Ghost's ear as she channels healing magic into him. She eyes the creatures from behind Ghost, then grabs her mace and steps out next to him. "Let's get them!", she shouts, both terrified and excited.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move 5ft to AG8 beside Ghost after casting, draw mace.
Standard action: Cast CSW on Ghost: (16 hp) https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=13076680
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 am

Completing the incantation he summons a Celestial Eagle directing it to attack the tentacled creature.


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

Complete summoning of Celestial eagle
AM26 (A top the tentacle creature)





Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II - Active, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 am

With little choice, Galeron pulled his sling out and sent a stone hurtling towards the tree; only to miss.

Combat Info | Show
Free action: talk
Move action: use sling https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=22

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 34/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Sunrod
Conditions in effect: (Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daylight.htm
Wand of CLW: 43 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron