Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:59 am

~ Day 6, 10:48 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Image
The creature in the flooded section of the chamber was continuing to regenerate some of the damage done to it, but the crossbow bolt and flames atop of it were slowly taking their toll. Yet, it was still thrashing around and another darkness engulfed the two controlling the flaming spheres.

Image
Back towards the entrance, Ghost had not heard anything over the noise of the battle coming from within the cavern. But being positioned by the opening, he was first to see one of the insectoid warriors like previously encountered coming around the bend in the tunnel. There was a second one right behind the first scrambling along the ceiling.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Sunrod at AF11), Ghost (Torch), Daylight wand at AG22
Mother casts Darkness again covering more of the chamber - 20% Concealment trying to attack through it.
Mother Saved against Kalius’s Flaming Sphere
R1 & R2 Double moved.


Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag Mother & Co.

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       37/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (40 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
RM [AC22 (Touch 10)] 36/78;
  Defenses: Regeneration 5
R1 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 33/33;
R2 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 32/32; (10ft Elevation)
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 6
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12342
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:22 pm

"Just fireball it, Kalius. So we can all go home."
Galaeron replied to his companion, as he thought, 'it is times like this I wish I had a woodsman's axe.'

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move to AG-24.
Cast Flaming Sphere above AK-26 Reflex DC: 15 Damage: 6
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... st12937809


Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Sunrod
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daylight.htm
Wand of CLW: 43 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Flaming Sphere
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Drd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: 5-ft.-diameter sphere
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
A burning globe of fire rolls in whichever direction you point and burns those it strikes. It moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target. If it enters a space with a creature, it stops moving for the round and deals 2d6 points of fire damage to that creature, though a successful Reflex save negates that damage. A flaming sphere rolls over barriers less than 4 feet tall. It ignites flammable substances it touches and illuminates the same area as a torch would.
The sphere moves as long as you actively direct it (a move action for you); otherwise, it merely stays at rest and burns. It can be extinguished by any means that would put out a normal fire of its size. The surface of the sphere has a spongy, yielding consistency and so does not cause damage except by its flame. It cannot push aside unwilling creatures or batter down large obstacles. A flaming sphere winks out if it exceeds the spell’s range.

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
Last edited by sirfinn on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 am

"Fireballs are dangerous things in enclosed places like this," Kailus explained while maintaining his concentration on the flaming sphere in the darkness he had found himself in. "The range of the spell is up to 600ft, which means it will not only hit the creature but carries a possibility of bouncing straight back at all of us. Secondly, it will expand, most likely to fill everything in this cavern in an envelope of extreme heat."

He glanced briefly at Galeron. "I don't know about you but I don't have any protection from fire on me today."

"Is Ghost alright at the entrance?" he added, "I have not heard anything from him, but these insect creatures move quietly."


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

Stay at AG7 keep the flaming sphere burning.


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Tasha continued to move around and fired another arrow in the skirmish. This one also glanced off the debris protecting the instectoid mother within.

“We arrre making prrrogrrress on defeating this crrreaturrre. Would that it not be so slow though.” Her voice held some of the frustration she felt by not easily putting the monster down with her arrows.


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion (14) = +1 Attack/Damage
Move to AJ21, activates Skirmish
Single Shot: missed
Spot 20, Listen 28

Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (2/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Olbryn excitedly punched the air as her crossbow bolt hit true, then watched in dismay as darkness descended all around her and her friends once again. She knew that none of her magical powers would do much good in terms of trying to dispel this darkness. Without being able to see the creature, attacking it seemed difficult. Being a dwarf, she was at least somewhat used to working in darkness.
One hand on the cavern wall, she carefully followed its curved surface until her feet told her she'd reached the edge of the lake she'd seen briefly before the lights went out. Trying not to make noise, she reloaded her crossbow and aimed it in the general direction of where she figured the creature had to be.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move along wall to AC25
Standard action: Reload light crossbow, aim in general direction of Mother.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Image
"TWO BUGS IN THE TUNNEL! THEY'RE RIGHT ON TOP OF US!" Ghost shouts back to his comrades.

Dropping his torch to the side, the fast handed fighter quickdraws his crossbow and fires it one-handed at the advancing insect. Alas, the shot proves ineffective and Ghost drops the spent crossbow alongside his torch. Gripping only his sword, Ghost braces for the coming blow...

Actions | Show
Move:
Free Actions: drop torch, quickdraw crossbow, drop crossbow
Standard Action: Fire crossbow one handed at R1: hit 10 damage 7 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12937809
Spot and Listen: 11 and 13 respectively https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12937809


Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 45/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:14 pm

"Just torch the critter with a fireball. So we can all go home." Galaeron pleaded with his companions.

Combat Info | Show
Free action: talk
Move action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Sunrod
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daylight.htm
Wand of CLW: 43 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
Last edited by sirfinn on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:14 am

~ Day 6, 10:48 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Image
The two balls of flames on the creature continued to burn it as its tentacles thrashed and flailed. It was trying to brush away the two spheres and only got burned for its troubles.

Then something came within the long reach of its tentacles and it was able to fight back against the intruders to its lair. Four thick rope like appendages whipped out at Galaeron and caught him just within range. They lashed at him like whips and two of them slammed hard into the druid, badly bruising him despite his armor absorbing some of the impact. otherwise he might have had broken ribs or a shoulder.

Image
The two insectoid creatures coming to its aid closed on Ghost, one along the floor and the other along the wall. Their vicious mandibles clacking on air as the fighter nimbly evaded their attempts to pinch and bite him.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Sunrod at AF11), Ghost (Torch) at AG9, Daylight wand at AG22
Darkness areas cause - 20% Concealment trying to attack through it.
RM failed both saves, took 15 dmg
RM hit Galaeron 2 times, and missed 2 times - 20 dmg
R1 moved & missed Ghost
R2 moved & missed Ghost

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag Mother & Co.

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       37/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    15/35 HP remaining; 20 dmg
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 1/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 0/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (35 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 1/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (40 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
RM [AC22 (Touch 10)] 26/78;
  Defenses: Regeneration 5
R1 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 33/33;
R2 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 32/32; (10ft Elevation)
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 7
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12342
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Inching forward along the water's edge, Olbryn felt more than saw where she was going. Ghost's shouted warning of more insect creatures coming down the tunnel had reaffirmed that time was of the essence, as if any further warning were needed. She suddenly heard Galaeron shout in pain somewhere nearby to her right, as a heavy slap suggested that at least one of the creature's tentacles had found its mark, and stopped where she was. Clearly there was no point in getting closer just now.

She tried hard to visualise the creature rising from the water as she had briefly seen it, lit up against the cavern wall by the various fire spells. She then took aim and fired towards where she imagined she could just about glimpse Galaeron's flaming sphere sizzling away, but she had no way of telling whether or not her aim was true.



Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move 5ft along water's edge to AD25
Standard action: Fire light crossbow in general direction of Mother: possible hit (21, 5 damage if Mother fails concealment roll: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t12973184&#41;
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 am

A stagger and grunt came unbidden from Galeron's lips as the tentacles hit him, "Don't get too close the the tree. The tentacles hurt like being struck by a giant's boulder."
Moving back into the darkness to cloak his presence from the foe, Galeron started to summon an ally.

Combat Info | Show
Free action: talk
Move action: Move to AF -23 deeper darker area and start cast a spell Summon nature's ally 2 (using summon swarm)
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/summonNaturesAllyI.htm Small fire elemental
Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 15/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Sunrod
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daylight.htm
Wand of CLW: 43 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Kailus could not see Ghost or Galeron, but he could hear them, Galeron's cry of warning and ghosts grunts as he fought, or did something. That told him that both were being attacked.
The former warned him not to get too close, the latter gave him the distinct impression that he should not move to the entrance. He remained and focussed on keeping the sphere still and burning the creature. It must eventually do some damage, even though he could not see to be sure.


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

Stay at AG7 keep the flaming sphere burning.


spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3




Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Tasha heard Ghost’s warning and snarled a curse in feline, and reinforcements were coming to aid the mother monster in her lair. “Take carrre, Ghost! We shall finish this one as soon as we can and then aid you!”

She called upon some divine power to increase her own speed and then blurred to the side as she launched another pair of arrows while keeping her distance from the tentacled creature. One managed to penetrate and lodge into the monster.


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion (14) = +1 Attack/Damage
Burn 2 Turn Undead to activate Travel Devotion to move as Swift Action
Move to AL21, activates Skirmish
Rapid Shot: 1 hit for 14 damage, 2nd missed

Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 2/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (2/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Image
Taking a defensive stance, Ghost lunges at the bug in front of him...

Actions | Show
Move:
Free Actions: Fight Defensively (-4 hit, +2 AC until next turn)
Standard Action: Swing short sword at R1: hit 16, damage 7 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=21


Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16 (18)
HP 45/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:short sword
User avatar
Seftan
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Previous

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron