Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Image
Pressing the attack, Ghost slips in next to Galaeron and strikes wide. He jabs at the creature again and again but cannot seem to make contact.

Actions | Show
Move: 5' step to D, 66
Standard Action: Attack R3 (MISS) hit 16, damage 10, conceal 26 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=19


Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 22/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:R - shortsword, L - Everburning torch
User avatar
Seftan
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Olbryn peered out at the retreating r'Karg from the relative safety of the hole in the floor behind the others. As the fighting men and Tasha moved after it, she clambered noisily out of the hole, looking behind her to see what had happened to Kailus. "Mind the step!", she warned him, "You could easily twist your ankle around here!"

With the others blocking a clear swing at the creature, she pressed ahead behind them, ready to step up if the opportunity arose.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Double move to climb out of hole and to D64 (if Galaeron isn't occupying that space)
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 am

~ Day 6, 10:42 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Image
Beset upon by those pursuing it, the creature stayed within the dim illumination and slowly backed up the side of the tunnel as easily as it would the floor.

It pinched Ghost's sword arm in a parrying block that badly bruised the fighter, but he was able to yank his forearm free before the powerful mandibles severed it. The stinger darted out and Ghost managed to duck under it.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
R3 5ft step up wall and Full Attack hit Ghost for 11 dmg, missed with Stinger, gained elevation 5ft

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      14/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       11/48 HP remaining; 11 dmg
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 1/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 Dead
R2 Dead
R3 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 12/33; 20% Concealment
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 10
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Tasha moved back and away from the melee battle before her. She fired another couple of arrows in quick succession , but they did nothing but glance of the monster's tough carapace.

"Sorrrry, I just cannot deliverrr the final arrrrow to end its rrresistance."


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion +1, skirmishing
Travel Domain 2r left

Move to E63, activated skirmish
Full attack with Rapid Shot at R3, missed twice
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 pm

For moment Galaeron had a perfect view of the foe and slashed his blade with desperation to finish the battle, only to feel it slip off the chitin and grind against the rock wall.

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Attack foe: Hit 18(miss), Damage 11 Concealment 4 (miss). https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=19

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 28/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:14 am

Kailus considered releasing a flaming sphere on the other side of the creature to pin it down, but if it jumped though the fire, the sphere would only have the effect of cutting the others off until he could roll it on. And since they had already voice protest against using a sphere, it was probably more prudent to just follow the others in case they needed help.

But with Tasha miving back, it was probably not a good idea to crowd in just yet. He turned, struggling to see in the darkness behind him, to see if anything was creeping up behind them.

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft



spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Stay at H62 Spot and listen check.

1D20+6=10=25;1D20+3=21


Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Seftan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Image
Ghost slips deftly beside the creature to free up room in the tunnel. Still reeling from the gash left on his arm, he stabs furiously at the bug monster as it scurries up the rocky wall of the corridor.

"Die you loathsome insect! Harder to kill than a cockroach this one!"

Actions | Show
Move: 5' step to C, 67
Standard Action: Attack R3 (HIT) hit 24, damage 10, conceal 62 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=19


Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 11/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapons in Hand:R - shortsword, L - Everburning torch
User avatar
Seftan
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Unable to press home the attack, Olbryn also stayed where she was, peering anxiously around Galaeron as he and Ghost continued to battle the insect-creature. She crouched against the tunnel wall in an attempt to give Tasha more space, and tried to maintain some oversight of the situation.

"Where might it be fleeing to? beware, there might be others just round that bend up ahead!"


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Stay put.
Standard action:
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 am

~ Day 6, 10:42 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Image
Ghost was not able to finish of the insectoid monster as they battled sword and mandible. The creature remained overhead and snapped its sharp pinchers of a mouth at the fighter. Again those sharp, vicious mandibles slipped passed Ghost’s guard and clamped down near his collarbone, coming away bloody. The man fell with deep gash that was spurting blood.

The stinger darted out towards the druid, but missed.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
R3 hit Ghost for 13 dmg, missed Galaeron with the stinger.
Ghost at -2, bleeding out.

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      14/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       -2/48 HP remaining; 13 dmg
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 1/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 Dead
R2 Dead
R3 [AC20 (Touch 14)] 5/33; 20% Concealment
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 11
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 pm

Tasha continued her moving through the tunnel's limited spec. Ghost opened up a clearer ;an of fire and she took advantage of it to put a fatal arrow through the monster's head.

It crumpled of its perch halfway up the wall, finally dead and beyond the restorative regeneration it possessed.

"Finally, tis done and vanquished."


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion +1, skirmishing
Travel Domain 1r left

Move to E65, activated skirmish
Full attack with Rapid Shot at R3, hit for 16 dmg
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Kailus could not see the creature fall in the dark but assumed that it was dead, by Tasha's comments.
"There may be more up ahead. At least we know that they came from there." he hissed. "We should proceed with caution."



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft



spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Stay at H62 and wait for the others to move on

Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:26 am

Galaeron stabbed at the fallen foe ineffectively as he scrambled forward to the stricken companion.
"Olbryn, Ghost needs healing quickly." Galaeron whispered to his companions behind him.
Moving past Ghost, so he could shield the fallen. He set about using his wand to cure some of the grievous wounds upon Ghost.

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move past critter and Ghost to shield the fallen. Next round use wand of CLW to start healing Ghost Charge 1: 6 HP
Standard action: Attack foe: Hit 6(miss), Damage 9 Concealment 94 (hit). https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=19

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 28/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:30 am

~ Day 6, 10:42 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Image
The feline scout's arrow finally hit its mark and the sharp point punctured out the back of the creature's head. Multi-collored fluid oozed from the holes in front and back as it crashed to the stone floor. Its regenerative powers had no effect on resurrecting it now that it had been slain.

The tunnels were still dim due to the spell-like darkness the insectoids had caused, but the last one had fallen near the edge of its range.

The tunnel past the corpse continued around a bend to the right,and Galaeron could not see any openings for the 15-20 feet he could see.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
Awarded 600XP each

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       23/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      14/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       04/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 1/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (44 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)

Combat Over
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:51 am

Galaeron set about using his wand to cure some of the grievous wounds upon Ghost while thinking and wishing Olbryn was closer to help.
'please hurry Olbryn.'
Periodically glancing over his shoulder in case another critter arrived.

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Use wand of CLW to start healing Ghost Charge 1: 6 HP
Standard action: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=19

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 28/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am

Kailus could still not see but heard the comments from ahead. Carefully he moved forward, closer tot he others to see if he could assist.
However, if healing was needed, he could do little aside from offering a wand, which they already had anyway.



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft



spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Move closer to Tasha in the hops of seeing

Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:14
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron