Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Sun May 14, 2017 7:44 am

Olbryn scrambled up the slope towards the giant insect-creatures, part of her mind scolding her for being so irresponsible as to actually wade into battle like this - and uphill at that! Fortune favours the bold, she thought to herself, hoping that this was actually the case.

She pivoted sharply out of the way of the closest R'Karg, jumping onto an adjacent boulder. So far, the Elemental was keeping them occupied, and she hoped it would be able to land a few more hits before having to return to its native plane of existence. Trying to take advantage of the distraction, she swung her heavy mace high above her head, then brought it down heavily onto the creature in front of her. To her dismay, it slid off its solidly armoured skin without any obvious effect.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move 5ft to G60.
Standard action: Attack R'Karg #1 with heavy mace: 12 (miss; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t12453308)
Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 shock heavy mace
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
Last edited by Sandstar on Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Mon May 15, 2017 4:14 am

Image
His blade ready, Ghost scrambled forward to stab his shortsword at the R'Karg. Finding a satisfying outpouring of gore as his blade pulled free.

Actions | Show
Free Action:
Initiative: 1
Move: Move to H-61
Attack foe at G-61 Attack: 23 Damage 11 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=17

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Mon May 15, 2017 4:20 am

Galaeron scrambled up the rocky debris to a position behind the small earth elemental. Ready to step in should it fail in its task. His scimitar and shield held ready.

Combat Info | Show
Free action: Holding his attack till able.
Move action: Move to I-62
Initiative : 3 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=17
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Mon May 15, 2017 8:40 am

Kailus was tempted to take up the only remaining space to attack the insectoid, but then decided that Tasha was in a better position to attack. Instead he took up position ready to step in when one of his companions backed off.


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Move to H-59

Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon May 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Tasha invoked the power of her deity’s Devotion of Traveling and her swiftness increased, her feet gliding over the ground as she rapidly nocked and released one arrow after another in the narrow gap between Olbryn and the wall so she could pepper the insect creatures with her fire.

"Leave me a clearrr path to firrre arrrrows, Olbrrryn!"

The arrows zipped on by the dwarf, one clattering off the rocks right above and the other deflecting off the monster’s hard shell.


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion +1, skirmishing
Trigger Travel Devotion to Move as Swift Action 9r left
Move to H55
Full Attack on R1 with Rapid Shot, missed both
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue May 16, 2017 11:53 pm

~ Day 6, 10:41 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Image
As Ghost moved in to stab his sword into the insectoid, he spotted another one of the creatures lurking in the darkness behind the one in the small opening through the debris pile.

Only Ghost managed to do any damage to the creatures, and even then the cut in the carapace was closing up already. Then the earth elemental punched a stone fist into the damaged one’s head and it fell down. It was not dead, though.

Already the wounds were closing up and it started to its feet again, only to be knocked down again by a slamming hammer-blow from the small rock elemental.

The creature in the gap tried to bite and jab Ghost with its stinger. The fighter batted aside the stringer and nearly got his arm mangled by the horrific mandibles the insectoid possessed. Ghost yanked his arm clear without a scrape.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
EE hit R1 for 10 dmg
R1 tried getting up, EE AoO did 8 dmg.
Olbryn & Ghost can each take an AoO too and perhaps kill it.
R2 Attacked Ghost 2x; bite hit for 11 dmg
R3 Waited


Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       30/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       33/48 HP remaining; 11 Dmg
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Earth Elemental: 11/11HP; AC17
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 [AC20 (Touch 14)] -7/35; Dying; Prone
R2 [AC16 (Touch 10)] 34/34; Squeezing -4AC
R2 [AC24 (Touch 18)] 33/33; Cover +4 AC
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm

With one of the creatures down and the other bottlenecked in the narrow opening while being blocked by the little moving rock creature, Tash swiftly moved forward and released another pair of arrows.

Her second pair of arrows had a better grouping and lodged in the carapace of the monster. It was not enough to drop the unwounded creature, but the others could probably take it down.

"Finish that one, beforrre it clearrrs the narrrrow opening."


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion +1, skirmishing
Move to H58, activates skirmish
Full Attack with Rapid Shot
2 Hits for 11 & 9 dmg on R2
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Thu May 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Balancing atop her boulder, Olbryn tried to put the prone R'Karg out of its misery by bashing the mace down, but her footing betrayed her and she managed to miss the writhing creature at her feet. Cursing, she recovered her balance and immediately tried again. This time the mace connected solidly: fragments of bloody chitinous exoskeleton scattered around as she caved in the creature's skull, zapping its brain with the mace's electric shock power.

"Wow", she whispered to nobody in particular, looking at the mace, "This thing is amazing!"
She then called out in encouragement at the elemental: "Well done! Hit them again while you can!"


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Remain at H60.
Standard action: AoO: Attack prone R'Karg #1 with heavy mace: 6 (miss; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t12466834&#41;
Regular attack on prone R'Karg #1 with heavy mace: 7 + 6 electricity (hit; https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... t12466855&#41;
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 am

Kailus moved aside to give Tasha a clear shot while seeking an opportunity to help with the attack.
But the gap through which the creatures were coming left him no way to help.

"Better that." he thought, "Than they all stream out."

Looking around he checked that there were no other gaps through which more of these creatures might enter the cavern.

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Move to I61

Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Staff

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Mon May 22, 2017 3:47 am

Image
With one foe crushed by Olbryn and the second now peppered by arrows, Ghost slipped his shortsword into another soft spot between chitin plates; drawing more green gore as he pulled the blade free.
Actions | Show
Free Action:
Initiative: 1
Move: Stay at H-61
Attack foe at G-61 Attack: 16 Damage 8 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=17

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
Last edited by sirfinn on Mon May 22, 2017 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 am

Galaeron stood ready to move in should the elemental fall.

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: c
Initiative : 3
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
Last edited by sirfinn on Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri May 26, 2017 9:35 pm

~ Day 6, 10:41 – The Silverhall Mine Third Level ~Image
With one of their number down and another staggered from multiple blows, the last a rocky fist that cracked the carapace shell, the creatures still continued to press forward. The badly hurt one scuttled out of the narrow opening along the ceiling and wall, withdrawing from melee range to be above the invading adventurers. The longer reach of its tail stinger could still come down and reach the feline scout or the dwarven cleric from the place high up on the wall it had stopped.

The third insectoid scuttled into the gap, somewhat hampered by the narrow opening. But that had not prevented the vicious jaws from clamping on Ghost's arm as he tried to block the bite. The warrior pulled his flesh free with only scrapes and bruising before the monster was able to remove the limb.


Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. The boulders and medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
EE hit R2 for 6 dmg
R2 withdrew using climbing (still has 10ft reach on Tasha & Olbryn with Stinger)
R3 moved & hit Ghost for 10 dmg

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       30/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       23/48 HP remaining; 10 Dmg
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Earth Elemental: 11/11HP; AC17 - (1r)
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 0/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 1/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 Dead
R2 [AC16 (Touch 10)] 3/34; Cover +4 AC
R2 [AC24 (Touch 18)] 33/33; Squeezing -4AC
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri May 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Image
Biting back the pain from the wound, Ghost slipped his shortsword into another soft spot between chitin plates of the new foe. With a satisfying splash of blood coming out as he pulled the blade free.
Actions | Show
Free Action:
Initiative: 1
Move: Stay at H-61
Attack foe at G-62 Attack: 25 Damage 10 https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread ... 87&page=17

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri May 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Galaeron poked his scimitar into the rocks so he could free his hand up to cast a cure blessing on Ghost.
"Silvanus bless this warrior with your healing touch."

Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: sticking scimitar in rocks so he can pull it if needed.
Standard action: cast CLW (heal Ghost 7 HP)
Initiative : 3
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon May 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Tasha ignored the threatening stinger, trusting her own speed and agility to evade it as she moved around to line up some more arrows. She tried taking out the wall climbing one first.

Unfortunately, monster had foiled her aim as both of the arrows missed completely, the shafts clattering on the cavern walls and down onto the rock debris.

"Sorrrry, I will trrry again!" With the creatures able to scale up the walls and out of reach, it was going to fall upon her to deal with them.


Actions | Show
Knowledge Devotion +1, skirmishing
Travel Domain 8r left
Swift Move to H55, triggering AoO & activating skirmish
Full Attack, Rapid Shot on R2: Missed both
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 30
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron