Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:28 am

Galaeron spoke to Ghost, "Pivot to your right after your attack so we can switch."
Once Ghost delivered his thrust, Galaeron lead with his shield to switch with Ghost. His scimitar scoring a minor wound against the foe.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: 5ft stepswitch with Ghost
Standard action: Scimitar and shield Attack 23 dam 4
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 am

~ Day 6, 09:48 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Image
Between the arrow from the feline scout and the slashes from both Ghost and Galaeron, the wall climbing creature fell from the wall, leaking out vital fluid through holes in its carapace. However, the restorative healing the insectoids had was closing those wounds up again and it still moved.

The one that had dents in it carapace from the elven mage's missiles was healing those as well. But neither of the two standing monsters was able to bite the succulent looking flesh in front of them. The scorpion-like stingers darted in from above their heads, but were equally inaccurate.


Tactical Map | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
R1 regen 3 hp, missed Ghost 2x
R2 missed Galaeron 2x
R3 regained 3 hp to return to consciousness

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       30/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 8/18;
R2 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 19/19;
R3 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 1/20;
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12335
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:58 pm

With nothing else for it, Tasha attempted to thread a needle between the two men with a pair of rapidly shot arrows, her paw blurring with movement.

The first arrow took the already wounded monster in the face, sinking in deep. The creature toppled to the rocky floor, probably not able to heal and get back up anytime soon.

"Therrre! A hole in theirrr line to exploit!"

Her second arrow was too fast and passed through the place where the first insectoid had been, the follow-up shot missing with the sudden fall of the creature.


Actions | Show
Rapid Shot on R1, Critical Hit for 28 dmg, should kill R1 at -10HP
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Narrowly avoiding the stinger, Galaeron thanked Silvanus for looking over his shoulder as he slashed at the foe again before stepping back so Ghost could attack and let Olbryn in behind him. His scimitar scoring a minor wound against the foe.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: switch position with 5ft step G-34
Standard action: Scimitar and shield Attack 22 dam 5 on critter 2
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
Last edited by sirfinn on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Image
Again switching positions with Galaeron, Ghost stabbed out finding a spot between carapace and leg. A sudden squirt of body fluids covered the ground as Ghost withdrew the blade.
Actions | Show
Move: 5 ft step to switch with Galaeron after his attack on beetle 2 Move H-33 to H-34
Attack 24 Damage 11
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:25 am

Kailus decided that since damage alone was not enouhg, perhaps fire would help.
He summoned a Flaming Sphere, ready to release it as soon as the magical energy formed.

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Cast Flaming Sphere at J35
Kailus Flaming Sphere on R3 - 1, 3 (Total = 4)


Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
Last edited by Kailus Elboran on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:46 am

Seeing an opening, Olbryn dashed forward and attacked the righthand r'Karg. The heavy mace pierced the creature's armour and sent an electric shock straight into its internal tissues. "Ha! Take that, you horrid creature!", she shouted, flush with equal amounts fury, excitement and terror. She got ready to move out of the way of the others at the first opportunity.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move 5ft forward into H34.
Standard action: Attack R'Karg #1 with +1 heavy mace (22; 3 + 5 electricity = 8 damage overall; http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... t12025780&#41;.

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 shock heavy mace
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:01 pm

~ Day 6, 09:48 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Image
Tasha had felled on, her arrow killing it and the regeneration of its carapace ceased.

The other one fighting was smashed and slashed until it was badly damaged and fell to the rocky floor. It was not dead and its leaking carapace started mending itself once more.

The last one was healing itself as well, but the ball of flames engulfed it and it had not evaded the magic ball of flames. It slipped unconscious again, but its regenerative abilities were still working.


Tactical Map | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
R2 regen 3, still unconcscious
R3 failed save, unconscious

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       30/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 Dead
R2 [AC18 (Touch 12)] -2/19;
R3 [AC18 (Touch 12)] -1/20;
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12335
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Image
With the critter down, Ghost took the opportunity to end its life quickly before it could arise.
Actions | Show
Coup deGrace To hit: 22, Damage 11
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:17 pm

With Ghost dealing with the fallen foe, Galaeron slipped past to make sure the remaining one was also expiring. Stabbing it should it be needed.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: switch position with 5ft step G-34
Standard action: Scimitar and shield Attack 22 dam 5 on critter 2
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:38 pm

With all of the insectoids down but not dead, she slipped past Ghost and Olbryn to get an unobstructed shot at the final creature in the back. Ghost was finishing off the other one and the ball of flames would likely fry the other.

Still, she wanted to be sure and tried plugging the fallen monster anyway, but her arrow zipped through the flames and clattered against the stone wall.

"Well, that shot was rrrather unimprrressive," she grumbled. After her brilliant display of a head shot mere moments before, it was bit embarrassing for the scout to miss a helpless foe.


Actions | Show
Move to L35, missed with a 1.

Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:48 am

Slightly overtaken by events, Olbryn blinks as the insect crumples under their combined assult. Eager to finish them all off, she moves towards the one that fell off the wall and is now becoming engulfed in flames.

"There! That will keep you from attacking honest folk!" she shouts as she brings down the mace on the recumbent carapace, taking care to not get burnt herself.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Move to K34.
Standard action: Attack R'Karg #3 with +1 heavy mace (5 normal + 4 electricity damage; http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... t12041273&#41;.

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 shock heavy mace
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:23 am

Kailus moves a little closer to watch with satisfaction as his Flaming Sphere continued to burn the creature.

"There are too few of these creatures to blame them for the disappearance of the dwarves." he said quietly. "Unless we find a lot more of them."

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3


Let the Flaming Sphere burn
Kailus Flaming Sphere - Keep on Burning - 1, 3 (Total = 4)


Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 am

~ Day 6, 09:48 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Image
Between Ghost’s blade and Olbryn’s magical mace, the last of the creatures were killed. It appeared that all it took was enough damage to the carapace and some vital organs to overcome the regenerative properties they possessed. The flaming sphere resting upon corpse was continuing to cook and singe what was left.

The chamber was quiet with the echoes of the brief battle fading quickly. There was a mutilated dwarven corpse farther in, the flesh mostly ripped from the bones to make any recognition impossible.

The only exit from the chamber was a shaft downward. From where Tasha stood, there did not look to be any hand-holds or rungs added to assist in a descent.


Tactical Map | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Combat Over, awarded 450 xp each.

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       30/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12335
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 am

Galaeron cleaned his blade and sheathed it. Strolling forward he squatted down to inspect the dwarven body hoping it had some sort of identifying item like jewelry or weapon nearby to put a name to the chewed corpse.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: search dwarven body take 20
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron