GrpB: OOC Thread

Moderators: DM Helios, PMiller, Coolplayer

Re: GrpB: OOC Thread

Postby Sefrenia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:39 am

Last time I checked, we are waiting on Coolplayer and he has been busy. But he did post twice in his other game since his last post here, maybe he forgot this one.
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby DM Bot » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:53 pm

so, anybody hear from anybody about this one or are we dead in the water?
DM Bot

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I heard from Coolplayer, he apparently thought he told us weeks ago he had to drop this one due to being too busy. Sorry.

Not sure what to do, I don't think I can DM it and I don't have a candidate around either. I will have to think on this one.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sebastian Bach » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Oh well. Time always seems to be the critical issue in these PBEM games.
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Have some other games needing replacement players. Group A needs a healer and two rogues recently got abandoned in the Pathfinder Wayfarer's Society.

Not sure what it is, but people don't like rogues. :/
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby GerOge » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

Germain is rogue-ish and ready for reassignment. :mrgreen:
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
GerOge
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Accept there are no spellthief's in Pathfinder, GerOge.

Group B over there has a rogue in the middle of combat that needs to be taken over until we get to a point to swap out characters.

Group C has a tengu rogue, but they could introduce a new character to replace him.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sebastian Bach » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Hmmm, a healer in Group A or a rogue in the Pathfinder Wayfarer's Society. I'll have to think on it.

Let me browse the games in question a bit and see if I can come up with a back story that I feel I can play. I already stepped out of my comfort zone with a bard, and wasn't particularly happy with the result of that.

Healers never struck me as the three dimensional characters I like to play, but there is no reason a healer can't be as conflicted or mysterious as a mage, or a fighter. Sort of accepting that they can't always be as good and pure as you, but still trying to convince them. "You know that if you were as self righteous as me, you could heal this yourself!"

Or a pacifist!

"Fighting is wrong, can't we talk this over."
"If I heal that life threatening injury, you're going to be a little less quick with that sword aren't you! Maybe ask them if they are the bad guys before you kill them."
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:09 am

There are always druids and favored souls as well, Seb. I have a few other people that I am waiting on to look things over, but they have taken a day or two without responding. So, unless they move quickly, I will consider any opening fair game for you.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sebastian Bach » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Druid? Hmmm, interesting.

Favoured Soul
I don't know Pathfinder though, so that might be an issue. Didn't know what a favoured soul was until I looked it up, but it looks like a paragon type cleric (or possible a mage). Actually it is starting to grow on me. I am thinking someone who didn't choose this path, but seems to have been pressed into it.
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:54 am

Just to eliminate confusion, Seb.

The healer is for The Adventurer's Guild Group A. You can take the XP and GP earned with your current character and apply it to the new build. In either character build, I recommend looking at Touch of Healing (from Complete Champion)
TOUCH OF HEALING [RESERVE]
You can channel divine energy into healing with a touch.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 2nd-level spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a conjuration (healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to touch a target creature and heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level conjuration (healing) spell you have available to cast. You can use this ability only on a target that has been reduced to one-half or fewer of its total hit points. The effect ends once you've healed the subject up to half its normal maximum hit points. This ability has no effect on creatures that can't be healed by cure spells.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting conjuration (healing) spells.

The Wayfarer's Society games are the ones that are Pathfinder.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sebastian Bach » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 pm

OK, I don't really want to give up Sebastian permanently.
But we can park him for the foreseeable future and port over his stats to the new character.
I think I can get to like a favoured soul.

I found this online (http://logarium1.tripod.com/sitebuilder ... edsoul.pdf)
I don't have the books, and this seems to describe it all very well. It might be a bit Pathfindery, but I suspect it makes little difference.

I'll probably port over all his stats mostly as is, switching STR for WIS as we probably need more spell penetration for a cleric type.

That leaves me with what is effectively a fighter that has these healing powers. Not a paladin, as he will have no connection with a church. In fact, there probably isn't any reason for him to even know which deity he is being favoured by. It isn't like he has to pray for spells.

Maybe he doesn't even know that he is favoured, and thinks anyone can do this sort of thing if they just try hard enough.

I'm struggling, however, to come up with a different, yet memorable and quirky personality for this.
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Group B Threads