WERE: Ch3 - The Ambassador's Secret [IC]

What are you going to do when the fiends and dragons come hunting for you?
Image Image Image

Moderator: PMiller

Re: WERE: Ch3 - The Ambassador's Secret [IC]

Postby Narissa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:13 am

Narissa had insisted that Gweyn take the new ring of protection they had purchased. It was one of those items that would work as she shapeshifted in those situations where the werehound had no time to magically prepare before a battle. Next time she would get one for herself.

The night they made their rescue attempt was dark.

Waiting until the moon had gone down below the horizon in the wee hours of morning made it even more so. After meeting with Gweyn in the shadows to receive the magical effects of the cantrip that would allow them to communicate, she took wing and glided above the water away from the lit gangways of the floating den of vices. She cast a cloak of darkness around her from her own magic and she was nearly invisible as she skirted the edges of the illumination glows. Eel's End was lit up at all hours, just like the pier leading to it. But the edge of the glowing illumination did not extend even close to the range of Gweyn's spell. Gaining altitude she overflew the ships and circled.

Narissa could not see Gweyn's progress, but all she needed to do was glide around overhead like a hawk as she watched the door to the king of spider's throne room.

After about a minute, the door opened and shut once again. All that was visible was the last of the sleepy drunkards lounging on the deck and not one of them would notice a thing. Inebriation would protect them from being noticed just as well as the darkness.

Now that Gweyn had entered the cabin, Narissa watched as Visara in her disguise was loitering around on deck, prepared to make a distraction. Nothing much was needed.

She whispered, "Darling, mayhap it is time for one of those drunks to suddenly fall over the side. He might need a little help in his current state."
The Fallen Angel: Narissa
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:56 am

Visara had used the magical disguised hat to appear as a tall dark haired fellow dressed as a mediocre ship captain. The kinda that one would expect to find turning his fortunes on a gambling ship. Moving amongst the patrons of Eel's end, the disguised woman had no issue blending in with the rowdy bunch.

The half-dragon kept an attentive ear for any whispered messages of alarm. Visara avoided glancing in the direction of the throne room as to not raise any suspicions. She also tried to keep an eye out for the guards, noting their positions and such. From those she saw and their stances, nothing seemed amiss yet. Everything was going to plan so far. Visara just needed to sit tight and wait.

Visara smirked as she heard Narissa's update and suggestion. She turned so no one could see her face and whispered back an acknowledgment. She then wheeled herself about and glanced about. She spied a trio of drunks along one of the railings. By the boisterous conversation, they were deep in their cups.

Walking over there, Visara pretended to be a bit under drink herself. As she neared the group, she made to fumble with her coin purse and then gave a drunken lurch into one of the trio. A domino effect occurred with them tumbling into each other that resulted in the up against the railing to be pushed up and over it. A splash was heard a second later.

Stumbling away, Visara went back into the crowd as the other two drunks untangled themselves and began calling about.

"Hope that was enough," she whispered back to her sisters.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Gweyn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:15 am

Gweyn crept up to the cage and whispered.

“It is I, Majenko. I am invisible and here to free you.”

The problem of the lock was one that she could easily circumvent with her lockpicks, now that she had the time and was not under observation. She took extra care doing it, not wanting to leave scratches. Once it was open, she held out her arm for the pseudodragon to perch on, then closed the door and locked it again. All the better to confound the King of Spiders.

“Here, Majenko. Let me hold you and my cloak will cover you under the shield of invisibility.”

She tucked the pseudodragon close to her stomach, letting her cloak swing shut around her. Then she crept out of the throne room right as the guards were distracted. Someone had fallen overboard, apparently. She smiled. Gweyn stole off the ship and disappeared into the night.

Gweyn sent a whispered message to her sisters, before she got out of range.

“We are safe. Thank you. I will meet you back home.”

She kept going until she got to an alley, then ducked in and pulled back her cloak. The invisibility spell wore off just about then.

“Here you are, Majenko. You are free.” She smiled at the pseudodragon. “Do you have family nearby? Or friends? Can I help you get back home? Where are you from?”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 am

~ 04:49 – Old Korvosa: A few blocks from Eel’s End ~

Majenko had inquired what was going on, but quickly agreed to the rescue, his feelings of gratitude and cooperation coming through the telepathic link without words.

Gweyn had seen the effectiveness of the distraction; a few of the enforcers were dangling a rope over the side and urging the drunkard to just hang on. The commotion had livened things up and more people were on deck. But all the attention was on the rescue and she slipped away without anyone being the wiser that the cabin door had opened and closed for no reason.

Narissa’s overflight and Visara’s continued observation from on deck were able to confirm that the werehound and the pseudodragon had gotten away clean once the whispered message came through.

Majenko hopped from Gweyn’s arms and perched on a barrel to shake out his wings. He had been cramped and confined for some time and he looked like he needed a moment before attempting flight.

Replying he took flight and perched on an eaves above his rescuer’s head.

“I thank you. My clutch is from this city, I can find them readily enough in the area you would call Midland. My wings work and I know the way.”

“As I promised, I would serve you as a companion for a year.”

GM Note | Show
I updated the Treasury for the +1 Ring of Protection purchase and only 1 scroll of invisibility. Gweyn should update her character sheet for the ring.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gweyn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 am

Gweyn looked up at the pseudodragon perched on the eaves above her, beaming. The little dragon was magnificent in the low light of the moon, its scales gleaming with a purplish luster. She imagined that Majenko would look even more beautiful, when he could spend time in the sun, eating more nutritious food than what the King of Spiders probably gave him.

She shook her head, slowly.

“No, Majenko. Please don’t say that. As I said, I hold you to no such promise. My intent to free you was so that you could be free, not so you could be someone else’s servant. If you wish to rejoin your clutch and live a life of watching boats in the harbor and eating mackerel with your clutchmates, then you should.”

She smiled.

“That does not mean I wish you to be alone in this world. If you wish to come stay with us for a time, I invite you to do so, as our honored guest, with no other obligation. But you should know something.”

Gweyn frowned, vaguely, and looked away. For perhaps the first time, she felt bad about who she was, and wished she was a better person. But she also knew that if she truly wished to become a better person, she could; so she must not truly want it that badly.

“My sisters and I…we are not good people. We may have done a good thing today, but it is a rare case. We indulge in wickedness of all kinds. I would not want you to compromise your morality. I can tell you are an honorable dragon, Majenko. I fear you would be uncomfortable with our company.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 am

~ 04:50 – Old Korvosa: A few blocks from Eel’s End ~

The pseudodragon’s head inclined respectfully.

“Indeed, there are people in this city that are less than perfect. I have seen much while caged in Barvasi’s court.”

“Even so you have done me a service and I shall look to repaying you someday. I shall call upon you from time to time. Those such as you will surely gain notoriety and fame in this city.”

“Thank you again.”

With that, Majenko took flight and rose into the night. He quickly disappeared as he flitted down the alley and turned a corner.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Narissa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 am

Narissa flew away from Eel’s End at 60-70 feet above the water. She found a place at the end of the piers to slip ashore near the bridge from Old Korvosa and North Point. She dispelled the Darkness around her as her wings disappeared.

Curious on the night’s events, she stepped out of the alley and onto the street. A few moments later she was on the bridge Gweyn and Visara needed to cross to make it home.

She waited casually in the light of a street lamp, leaving against the bridge’s rail on the side.
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:35 am

Gweyn watched Majenko fly away until she could no longer see the moonlight glinting off his wings. She sighed to herself, wistfully. There was part of her that wished she could have gotten to know Majenko a little better, and maybe have made a new friend of him. But when she thought about poor Zellara, who was forced to keep her company and could barely stand her, Gweyn knew she would have never wanted that for Majenko. It was better this way, to part with a good memory, and not to ever get to the point where Majenko looked at her with disgust for what she was.

She shifted into her canine form, feeling the need to run. A tawny hound flashed out of the alley, and she loped toward home.

Her canine senses picked up Narissa’s familiar scent, and she paused before she reached the bridge, ears pricking. It was Narissa, apparently waiting for her. Gweyn trotted back into another alley and emerged in her human form.

She approached Narissa, smiling a little.

“Sister. Thank you for your help tonight. Majenko said to thank you as well. He said he intends to look in on us from time to time, and wanted to repay us someday.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:48 am

With commotion of the rescuing the overboard drunk man, Visara was able to sleep away fairly easily and unnoticeable. She had stuck around until Gweyn had slipped out the throne room to make sure there was no outrage, and then carefully left the establishment.

The disguised red head made her way back onto the wharf and made way towards one of the many inn's that ship captains would frequent. When no one was looking, the dragon ducked into an alley and removed the magical hat. Once more herself, Visara slipped back onto the streets and begin to make her way to rejoin her sisters.

Gweyn and Narissa were already on the bridge when Visara joined them. She joined them casually and gave each a nod. Gweyn had passed along Majenko's thanks.

"Well, that was fun. Didn't see any pursuit nor alarm for the missing pseudodragon."

Visara was a bit disappointed at not having a chance to talk to the dragonkin, but it was alright in the end. The little thing was free and clear of captivity, and that was good enough for the half-dragon herself.

After a minute of chit chatting, the three began to head back to their own inn. A good night's job behind them.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:52 am

Narissa nodded and fell into step with her sisters.

Her smile was wicked. “I would like to see the King of Fools’ expression when he finds the cage with his pet empty. Too bad being there would likely rouse suspicion.”

“Would it not be ironic if he were to contact us to try finding out what happened and recover the little dragon.”

The fiendish woman could not underestimate the stupidity of men.

Next IC Thread
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to When Evil Rampages Everywhere [PF]