WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

What are you going to do when the fiends and dragons come hunting for you?
Image Image Image

Moderator: PMiller

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

Postby Gweyn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Gweyn nodded when Visara returned. The redhead looked a little less stiff than before.

“Shall we go window shopping then, later? Even if we don’t have the funds to purchase the magical enchantments we want, we can at least find out the expense, so we have a goal in mind.”

Gweyn thought that in order to achieve their goal, they would probably have to kill more people and pawn off their things. Perhaps it was a good thing the faux wind elf had attacked them. Now they would have more money.

“It might be good to have a plan, and see what the enchanters can make for us.”

She glanced between her sisters.

“What other pressing business do we have to take care of?”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Narissa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 am

Narissa had finished eating and was relaxing while they waited for the local witch healer to finish with Visara. With the red-headed sister's return, she agrees.

"Yes, we might as well shop and ask around today. The city appears to be calming down now, maybe more shops are open."

"But first, we should check the wind elf's weapons to see if they are magical before we go anywhere, though. Particularly if we need to as Zellara's help."

"Then an excursion about the merchant shops will be fine with me. Tomorrow we were supposed to check back with Field Marshal Kroft."
The Fallen Angel: Narissa
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am

“Very well, let us see.”

They laid the items out on the table, and Gweyn closed her eyes for a moment. She drew in a deep breath, pulling on the forces of magic in the world all around her.

She cast a simple spell that was not actually so simple – it was hugely powerful, but was one of the first ones her mother had taught her.

She focused in on the items, trying to tell if there were any magical auras on any of the items on the table: the mighty bow, the scimitar, or the holy symbol and armbands.

spoiler: show
Cast detect magic.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 am

Both the scimitar and longbow are glowing with faint auras of Evocation magic, the jewelry is only mundane.

The Bralani's scimitar contains sigils of power, etched in arcane script that are only visible to the magus's vision. There can be no doubt, the weapons are enchanted to add more effectively to the blade's edge, but she is uncertain to what effect the Evocation aura has on the bow.

Magic Items | Show
I rolled Spellcraft for Gweyn, failed on the bow
Scimitar +1, Comp Longbow Evocation Aura
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gweyn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:00 am

“Hmm,” Gweyn said, thoughtfully.

After a few moments, she pushed the jewelry aside and focused on the two weapons. She spent the longest amount of time studying the scimitar, but when she examined the bow, she simply shook her head.

She turned back to her sisters.

“Indeed, this weapon has an enchantment upon it to make it more deadly in combat. As to the bow’s enchantment, I am not certain, but if I were to hazard a guess, I would say it is probably much of the same thing. Perhaps we should have a professional appraise it, though.”

She picked up the bow, and drew back the string experimentally. The draw was heavy and she grunted with effort, then shook her head.

“In any case, this bow has too heavy of a draw for me to use effectively, even if I were to shift. I imagine it is not heavy enough for you, though, Visara.”

Gweyn looked at Narissa speculatively. In terms of strength, Narissa fell somewhere in between both of them.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Visara munches on some of the remains of lunch as she watches Gweyn examine the elf bastards weapons. The idea of shopping this afternoon for a better variety of weapons had an appeal to the half-dragon, and something that should be done. At the least it would pass the time before the meeting with the field marshal tomorrow.

Taking the bow from Gweyn, the red had draws it back with ease. Nodding, she agrees with the were-hounds assessment. "Aye, Need something with a bit more stiffness to it."

"So, the plan for the rest of the day. Shopping and what else? Do we need to see gather any information on the latest gossip?"

In truth, the morning's flying lessons and battle had worn the half-dragon out. She wanted to take a long hot soak, and then a nap.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 am

Narissa looked at the bow and tested it. The wood was excellently crafted, the weapon a work of art in the subtle styling and etching. It was worthy of the famed elven rangers one hears legends about... except the half-fiend could care less about the exaggerations of those pointy-eared nature lovers.

The draw required significant strength, more than she had at least.

"Visara darling, at least you can draw it. Without an enchantment to increase my own strength, it is just beyond me to use effectively. We should hang onto it. Perhaps Zellara will be able to identify the exact properties of the weapon."

Taking a closer look at the scimitar she smiles at Gweyn, "I think you can make better use of that sharp blade than the previous owner did. Now I do not feel so put out about having our picnic interrupted by the little pricked elf."

Leaving aside the magical weapons, she gathers up the jewelry and puts them away.

"Yes, we can stop by a few taverns and listen to the latest gossip. Nothing to obtrusive, I don't think we want to attract attention tonight. Remember those armored prissy ones we saw this morning? I would like to know if people are looking for use."
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 am

Gweyn nodded.

“Yes, I shall use the scimitar, then. It is the sensible thing.”

It was better than the one she had just purchased, after all. She also nodded her agreement as Narissa voiced her thoughts on Visara keeping the magical bow.

She reached for a bit more dried meat, chewing it thoughtfully, then wiping her hands before reaching for her pack again.

Gweyn dug in her pack for the deck and pulled it out, extracting a single card.

“Hello, Zellara. Would you please take a look at this bow for us, and see if you can determine its properties?”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Visara reluctantly takes the bow back from Narissa as the others suggest she hold onto it. It is a nicely crafted bow, and perhaps its magical properties give it an edge. It’s just that the red head rather get up and close and personal when it comes to fighting. She sighs, and get’s over it. One should never turn down a useful weapon.

The half dragon sits back in chair and watches Gweyn communicate with the Hallow deck. Perhaps it can identify the properties of the weapon. Visara move and set the bow in question back down to were the deck could see it if it had ‘eyes’

Turning back to Narissa, the red head returns to the conversation about tonight’s activities. “Do you think we will have any trouble from those knights that arrived this morning? We sort of have the queen’s backing…though tentative at best.”
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 am

The Harrower's voice comes back into the werehound's mind.

Zellara replies, "The longbow is enchanted to increase the effectiveness of its arrows, almost as if the person was a bit stronger than they would be otherwise. Not other special properties."

Magic Item | Show
Comp Longbow is +1
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Narissa » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 am

Narissa is thoughtful for a few moments before replying.

"Darling, I miss I knew. That prick of Iomedae is somewhere behind us and we do not know when he might stumble back onto our trail."

"So, I am thinking that we should be more inconspicuous tonight and mostly listen. Maybe even wear disguises."

"If someone is asking around about us or talking about those knights, better we not attract attention to our own interests. Tomorrow we continue the plan to prove ourselves to this queen and see if we can gain power through her."

"Then, perhaps a few prissy knights will not matter."

While the joy of spilling their blood would be gratifying, the practical aspects are enough to keep her arousal in check. Even enough to persuade her to keep Visara's indulgences in check.
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:09 am

“Thank you, Zellara.”

Gweyn put the card away, then put the deck away as well. She was always very careful and particular about securing the deck in the very middle of her pack, where it would be difficult for pickpocketers to get.

“That bow is what I surmised. It has an enchantment to make the arrows strike a little harder, and fly a little truer.”

She looked over at Narissa.

“What kind of disguises were you thinking?”

Gweyn pondered the idea for a few moments.

“I imagine if we get wigs of a different hue than our normal hair color, and wearing atypical clothing, that would help. Perhaps we should all get black wigs and Tian wrap gowns. Though Visara is a little tall to pass for Tian.”

She shrugged.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Visara harrumphs in agreement. Keeping it low key tonight works for the red head. She had had her fill of blood lust with this morning’s battle with the elf bastard. The half-dragon hadn’t decided yet what to do with the ears she took as a trophy. Maybe hang them on the bow as a double insult to whatever good it had worshiped.

Lounging back in her chair, Visara drinks for the ale that had been provided with their lunch. She didn’t think too much about disguises for tonight. She didn’t fancy wearing a wig. They tend to itch after awhile.

“I'll wear the hat of disguise. You two can wear wigs,” comments the redhead.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 am

Narissa smiles wickedly, "Dressing as Tian geisha is not the most inconspicuous of disguises, darling."

"But with the hat, dear Visara can significantly alter her appearance and that will make a major difference for all of us. She could even be male."

"I think a bit downplaying is all that will be required for myself and you, Gweyn. Some plain clothing, bonnets, the absence of visible armor and all our weapons will be so strikingly different that people would not think we are the same trio at all."

"First, let us finish cleaning up and got shopping."

Retiring from the garden, Narissa goes to her room.
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

“Not bloody likely!” snaps Visara at the suggestion she use the hat of disguise to look like a man. She rather go swinging her greatsword around than go that route. The half-dragon had her pride…

Standing, the red head stretches at the thought of a bath. With no more business to discuss, and the plans set for the rest of the day, Visara heads off in the direction of her room. She plans on grabbing a change of clothes and making use of the baths before they head out for shopping and tavern hopping.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Previous

Return to When Evil Rampages Everywhere [PF]