WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

What are you going to do when the fiends and dragons come hunting for you?
Image Image Image

Moderator: PMiller

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:06 am

Forest Clearing Battle ContinuesImage

Heedless of the half-fiendish woman's polearm which managed to slice through his misty body and draw some blood this time, the wind elf moved south and sent another seering blast of air at both of the flying women. The nearer was not able to dodge it, but her skin made her resistant to much of the abrasiveness.

"Oh, you have tough skin, bitch. I wonder if you would enjoy some lightning."

Combat Information | Show
** Combat: Round 5 **
Wind Elf Provoked AoO from Narissa; 15+7=22; 6+12-10=8dmg
Wind blast for 10dmg; Visara; Need Reflex Save DC17 for half, Make DC10 Fly check or lose 10ft altitude
Narissa failed save, took 5dmg after DR

Initiative:
Wind Elf
Narissa <--
Gweyn
Visara

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Narissa:    33/38 HP remaining; DR5/Magic; 25ft Alt; 5dmg
Visara:     24/40 HP remaining; 25ft Alt; 5 or 10 dmg
Gweyn:      39/39 HP remaining; DR10/Silver; Shield (+4AC)

Narissa: 3/3 Darkness & 1/1 Smite Good remaining
Gweyn Spells Remaining: 3/4 1st Level; 2/2 2nd Level
Gweyn Arcane Pool: 6/7 remaining
Visara's Rage Rounds: 7/7 remaining
Visara's Breath Weapon: 1/1 remaining

Enemy Status:
Elf Creature (AC20/66HP): 43HP remaining
* Has special defenses as well including DR10 *
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Narissa » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 am

Narissa flies aroundNarissa wheels around the misty bastard, covering the elusive pointy eared freak with her ranseur.

"Darling, I will flank the prick! Either charge in with everything you got."

"Or you could try to grapple and drag him to the ground."

Positioned on the other side of the foe, she slashes a jab at him and her ranseur only passes harmlessly through another misty tendril around the Wind Elf's body. Narissa snarls in frustration.
Flying around to E9 avoiding AoOs
Attack Ranseur: Rolled 4+9=13; Missed

Current AC: 22
Current HP: 33/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Ranseur (2-handed)
Conditions in effect: DR5/Magic & Spell Resistance 14; Power Attack w/Furious Focus (-0(-2) Attack; +6 Damage)
Combat Reflexes; Improved Feint (+9); Resist Cold/Fire/Elect/Acid 10; Immune Poison

Darkness: 3/3 remaining
The Fallen Angel: Narissa
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Gweyn ran toward the boulder that Visara had used to jump off of when she first began to fly. It was sitting just at the edge of the clearing. Overhead, the aerial battled raged on, going by in a swirl of wings and wind. It was happening almost too fast for the eye to see, and Gweyn felt the very edge of a wind blast, little more than a zephyr, ruffle her fur.

As she reached the boulder, she scrambled on top of it, claws clenching on the hard rock with a sharp scratching noise. She stood up to her full height.

spoiler: show
Move action: to F12
Move equivalent action: Climb on top of boulder at F11.

Current AC: 26 (touch 18/ff 22)
Current HP: 39/39
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow.
Conditions in effect: DR 10/Silver, Shield, +1 to scimitar.
Arcane Pool: 4/5 remaining
Spells Cast Today: 1st level, 3 out of 4 remaining; 2nd level, 2 out of 2 remaining.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Visara grunts in pain again as she is blasted with another wave of wind. The force behind it bruised and battered the half-dragon, but this time she still manages to stay aloft, maintaining control of her wings.

AS Narissa maneuvers around and strikes the elf bastard from behind. Hearing the half-fiend's shout, Visara responds, "With pleasure!" Pulling up her greatsword and pointing it at the elf, the barbarian half dragon snaps her wings powerful, and charges.

Driving towards the wind elf, Visara swings her mighty sword. However, the elusive elf dodges the blade easily. "Grr, stand still you pranging prick!"

Reflex save: 1d20+2=10
Fly check: 1d20+4=15

Move Action: Charge to E12
Standard Action: Attack with PA, +2 charge, -1 PA: 1d20+11+2-1=17, 2d6+11+3=18
Free Action:

Current AC: 24, -2 from charge = 22
Current HP: 19/40
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in effect: -2 AC from charge
rage: 7 of 7 rounds remaining
Dragon breath: 1/1 remaining for day
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Forest Clearing Battle ContinuesImage

As he claimed he would, the wind elf starts casting some sort of spell. Being on the defensive, takes more concentration but he is able to protect himself from the sword and ranseur slashing and jabbing at him. However the crackling lightning bolt streaking at Narissa appears to wash over the fiendish angel's skin without effect. She felt it tingle and the magic deflected off of her natural resistance to spells.

The bolt continues on past and blasts into a sapling to cut it down at 20 feet above the ground, the top of it still dangling from the splintered wood.

Clearly the wind elf is not happy with that, "Tough skin and magical protections, huh!? Well you cunts are going to have to accept my punishment the old fashion way. Physical brutality."

** Combat: Round 6 **
Wind Elf cast defensively, but failed against Narissa's SR14.

Initiative:
Wind Elf
Narissa <--
Gweyn
Visara

Party Status:
Narissa:    33/38 HP remaining; DR5/Magic; 25ft Alt;
Visara:     19/40 HP remaining; 25ft Alt;

Enemy Status:
Elf Creature (AC20/66HP): 43HP remaining
* Has special defenses as well including DR10 *
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Narissa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Narissa attacksNarissa feels like she dodged death, her tingling scalp and hair crackling with residual energy to make it no longer fall straight for the moment.

"Bastard, I have had about enough of you. All that I can stand."

With this creature's relentless pursuit, she is questioning who sent the wind freak. Channeling some divine energy of Hextor into her blows she tries again.

"By Hextor, I smite thee! You, prick!" Infused with dark profane power the ranseur strikes true and the wind elf's defenses are not able to blunt the blow in the slightest.

Her ranseur comes away bloody and their foe is crying out in pain, clearly badly wounded now.
Hovering, Fly Skill 12+14=26
Smite Good Attack Ranseur: Rolled 13+13=26; 6+12+8(SG)+1(SA)=27 (no DR protection); Wind Elf has 15 HP Remaining

Conditions in effect: DR5/Magic & Spell Resistance 14; Power Attack w/Furious Focus (-0(-2) Attack; +6 Damage)
Combat Reflexes; Improved Feint (+9); Resist Cold/Fire/Elect/Acid 10; Immune Poison, Smite Good (+2/+4dmg(+8 vs. Good Outsiders))

Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Gweyn’s muzzle curled back into a snarl as she watched the aerial battle high above. She tracked the wind elf’s moments, eyes flicking back and forth. Gweyn held her position for several seconds, then suddenly sprang upward, clawed forearms outstretched.

She leapt up nearly four feet in the air, but it was not enough to catch the elf’s feet by the tips of her claws. Gravity caught Gweyn and she plummeted back down, landing on the boulder where she had been.

Gweyn is standing on a boulder 5’ high, and has 8’ reach for a total of 13’. Elf is at 25’ elevation. Assuming a height of 6’, his feet at are 19’. Gweyn needs to jump 6’ to catch him, DC 24.

Move action: High Jump - 1d20+4=15 (Fail)
Standard action: None.

Current AC: 26 (touch 18/ff 22)
Current HP: 39/39
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow.
Conditions in effect: DR 10/Silver, Shield, +1 to scimitar.
Arcane Pool: 4/5 remaining
Spells Cast Today: 1st level, 3 out of 4 remaining; 2nd level, 2 out of 2 remaining.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:47 pm

"Now we get the bastard!" Visara shouts to her sisters. However, the barbarian failed to notice that Gweyn still couldn't reach the elf. In truth, the half dragon is having trouble staying aloft and fighting effectively. As is evident when she misses yet again with her greatsword. The missed swing causing Visara to issue forth a string of curses.

This picnic has turned out to be not all daisies and butterflies.

Move Action:
Standard Action: Attack with PA, -1 PA: 1d20+11-1=13, 2d6+11+2=20
Free Action:

Current AC: 24
Current HP: 19/40
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in effect: -2 AC from charge
rage: 7 of 7 rounds remaining
Dragon breath: 1/1 remaining for day
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:03 am

Forest clearing battle is overImage

The wind elf doesn't ahve much to say as he tries to blast his way out of the spot he is in. The feather winged bitch has suddenly turned quite deadly with that smiting ranseur of hers. He blasts the badly wounded dragon woman, but if doesn't have much effect.

He tries to flee anyway and the point of the ranseur slashes in! The bloody head of the polearm passes through the misty torso and out the other side. Impaling the pointy eared creature. It slips back into its native form of an elf in its death. The weight falls to the ground, sliding off Narissa's ranseur to slam into the boulder that Gweyn is standing upon. The wet sounding crunch of its inert body breaking more bones when is smacks the rock.

** Combat Over **
Wind Elf wind blast Visara, 6 Damage, Failed save.
Provoked AoO, Narissa rolled 12+11=23, 4+12+8(SG)+2(SA)=26. Falls dying, 8dmg more. Dead.

Party Status:
Narissa:    33/38 HP remaining; DR5/Magic; 25ft Alt;
Visara:     13/40 HP remaining; 25ft Alt; 6 dmg

Enemy Status:
Elf Creature (AC20/66HP): -19HP, dead
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gweyn » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:25 am

Gweyn let out a startled snarl as the elf’s body crashed to the boulder directly in front of her.

She leapt backward off the rock, landing on all fours into the soft grass and earth five feet below. The elf’s broken form lay where it fell for a moment, then slid off the boulder and crumpled to the ground with a wet, squishy sound.

Her muzzle wrinkled with displeasure at the smell of instantly liquefied insides.

She glanced around, then tilted her head to look up at her sisters, still hovering above.

“Who was this foolish elf?” she growled. “Did he say anything else to the two of you while you fought up there?”

Gweyn paused, ears flicking back and forth.

“Before you both land, perhaps you should look around, past the clearing, to see if you can spot any others hoping to attack us.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:50 am

Visara watches the dead elf hit the boulder with a satisfying smack. The bastard got what he deserved as far as the red head is concerned. No one messes with the sisterhood and comes away unscathed. Now to find out who the hell the elf was and who sent them. They way he found the sisters is a surprise and hints at something other than coincidence.

Visara flies up a bit to get some height advantage as she does what Gweyn suggests. She looks around quickly, before the burning strain on her wings and wounds have had enough. "Narissa, see if you can find anything more. I think my wings have had enough of flying for one day, " the red had asks the half-fiend.

Visara carefully descends to the ground, and finally lands on her feet with a thump. She slumps to the ground on all fours, as her wings quiver from the morning's battle and flight. Spending a moment catching her breath, the half-dragon groans and curses quietly as her wounds and bruises announce themselves. But the barbarian finally forces herself to her feet and continues to move around a little bit in order to prevent cramps.

perception check: 1d20+6=17
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:39 am

Narissa hovers and drops some altitude to be just above the corpse to jab and prod it one more time with her ranseur as she answers Gweyn.

"He never said anything but filthy-mouthed taunts. The prick." She nearly spits on the dead man.

"But, I don't think it was an elf at all. Some sort of fey outsider elemental maybe. What I do know is that Hextor's profane smiting was very effective. Creatures with resistance to normal weapons, such as me, are not able to stop that divine blessing of my weapon. Not even your beautiful hide, my dear."

"However, he was clearly harmed by the divine might as well. That means he was a creature of goodness and probably an outsider from the other planes as well. I don't think he was a paladin or a priest of that bitch Iomedae."

With a powerful stroke of her feathered wings she darts upwards to let her sister think about what she has said.

While taking a number of circuits around the clearing at treetop level, she looked for signs of further threats to their picnic outing. Not seeing any, nor having more arrows shot at her, Narissa glides down in a circular descent and alights to the turf near her sisters and the dead body.

Take 20 on Perception scouting the sky

Combat Reflexes; Improved Feint (+9); Resist Cold/Fire/Elect/Acid 10; Immune Poison, Smite Good (+2/+4dmg(+8 vs. Good Outsiders))

Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:10 pm

RuminationsGweyn’s muzzle curled back in a snarl.

“It is not a good act to attack people who are minding their own business without provocation.”

She shook her head vehemently, then spat upon the elf’s corpse.

“We were only here to have a picnic. Yet this creature must have followed us from the city and set upon us here, clearly thinking to murder us out in the woods. He was no officer of any agency of law. He did not attempt to bring us to justice for any act we have committed. He just attacked with the intention to murder.”

Her ears flicked back in distaste, and she turned to Narissa when she landed, putting her bow away now that the threat seemed to be over.

“I don’t know how you can say he was a creature of goodness, Narissa. Nothing I saw about him was good.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:02 am

Visara looks at Gweyn as she voices her opinion about the elf. The werehound goes on about how the elf is a contradictorily with it's actions. Being good, yet attack without honor.

"Well, even good creatures suffer from pride. He may have thought he was too good to be above the law," the red-head half dragon adds.

Now that her muscles are not threatening to cramp, the half-dragon moves over to the body of the dead elf lookalike. She kneels down and searches it for possessions, and possible clues as to why it attacked in the first place.

While doing so, Visara asks, "So now that our picnic is ruined? Now what?"

Take 20 on perception on searching body: +6
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 am

Narissa smiles wickedly, "What is good really?"

"Iomedae's dogs call themselves that, but they are no better than us. Hextor's followers are labeled evil but I don't feel that way. Just because I look out for myself and wish a better life for me and you two, doesn't mean that I am damned." except that I am, I suppose. "Because I like fighting humans and tasting their blood, that doesn't that make me evil, either. Those were bad men we killed recently, so that hardly counts as immoral to kill them."

"So whatever that creature was, he must be aligned with the forces of Iomedae for my profane smiting to be so effective. That was my point."

As she watches Visara search the corpse, she shrugs, "We were not hard to follow if he was flying around as a misting cloud. So he could have followed us from Korvosa, I suppose. However, it could have been a divine hand to set him upon us too. I suspect that the bastard paladin lost our trail and his cunt of a mistress sent someone local to try and eliminate us. And this creature appears to be one of those that likes the forest too much. Bounty hunter perhaps?"

"I don't think we invaded his territory, at least. That was not the impression I got from his ranting during the battle. So I think his attack was more personal."

Narissa does not understand the will of the gods, but there are often twists of fate as Iomedae and Hextor vie for power and it would not be the first time their meddling fingers were touching her strands in the tangled skein.
Narissa
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to When Evil Rampages Everywhere [PF]