WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

What are you going to do when the fiends and dragons come hunting for you?
Image Image Image

Moderator: PMiller

Re: WERE: Ch2 - Korvosa: Fortunes Beware

Postby Narissa » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:58 am

Narissa gives Visara a knowing look and wicked grin, thinking of her own battle lust and the things she says in the heat of the moment.

"I would agree, some critical commentary while I am busy fucking our opponents and foes would be distracting and most unwelcome after the fact."

"Let us test out Zellara's professed powers on some of those items we have not properly identified yet. We have that wand, a few sets of armor, a few potions, and a bottle."

Gweyn has most of the items, but Visara is carrying the magic armors in her bundle.
The Fallen Angel: Narissa
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 am

The image of Zellara looks from Vissara to Narissa and then back to Gweyn, her expression neutral as the sisters are talking about her, but addressing her.

The Harrower answers Gweyn's last question, "Since I inhabited the deck, it remains whole. If a card is lost or destroyed, it will mend shortly and reappear with the rest."

"You could take a card, but it will not help for very long. My essence resides in the deck itself, meaning the majority of the cards. Briefly I can communicate through one card, but not for more than a minute or two."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gweyn » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:50 am

Gweyn nodded.

“All right, I understand. It would probably not help us to carry a card, then.”

She slipped out of her pack and looked over the unidentified items she was carrying.

“Since we can only choose three items, perhaps we should choose this wand, and the two armors?” she asked her sisters. “They will probably be of the most value, moreso than the potions.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Once Zellera explains the impossibility of each of the sisterhood carrying a card to communicate, Visara is inwardly glad. The possessed deck already question the girls morals, and Visara for one, did need an unwilling voyeur witnesses her mayhem and destruction.

Visara stands off the to the side and watches in relative silence as Gweyn uses the deck to identify some of the loot. After a moment, Visara's need to do something pushes her off the wall and she casually begins to search the wrecked room for anything useful.

spoiler: show
while the items are being identified, search perc +5 check on the room/wreckage out of boredom.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 am

Narissa agrees, "Yes, we know what the wand does, just not how to trigger the blasted thing. Do you suppose you will be able to use it, Gweyn?"

"The magical armor is probably not worth hanging onto, ours is already more suitable and doesn't smell like the previous owners. So it is better to know for sure what they are worth before some merchant decides to swindle us."

"We can always use the power on the bottle and the potions tomorrow. Say, did you look at the stuff we found yesterday again today? Perhaps with some more study you can figure them out for yourself."

Narissa notices the bored half-dragon poking around, likely looking for something worth selling since they are appropriating the house for their own purposes. So far she hasn't seen Visara find anything, the frustration and boredom apparent.

"Let us be about things then, Visara grows restless and we need to clean up before the shops open. After we finish our business, we need to decide what to do with the rest of the day."
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:06 pm

“I thought we know what the one wand does, but not the other.”

Gweyn frowned, trying to recall.

“Well, in any case, you are right, we should be moving on. I can examine the other items later. Let us see what we can determine about these items now.”

She touched the cards to the wand and the armors. Zellara informed them that the armors had simple enhancements, but the wand fired bolts of magical energy that struck their targets unerringly. Gweyn nodded thoughtfully at this information then turned to the others.

“Let’s go back and clean up. Then we can sell off these things, and take a nap and decide what to do. Oh, wait,” Gweyn said.

She remembered what Zellara had said about her remains.

Gweyn stepped around to the back of the house, then charged her hand with magic flame once more. She applied the flame to Zellara’s head. The magic flame burned quickly and soon the remains were nothing more than a pile of ashes.

She gathered up the ashes and sprinkled them around the home, as Zellara had requested.

It was a simple task, requiring little effort on her part, and the goodwill it would buy from Zellara was worth it in her mind.

“There you are,” she said, aloud. “May your remains rest in peace even if your spirit does not. The wicked man who hurt you and your family has been punished.”

Gweyn understood the need for such vengeance, but unlike Zellara, she would never be finished with hers until the Citadel of Light and all of its members were destroyed.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Narissa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 am

Narissa notices that Zellara is at least content and then disappears. She remarks, "Gweyn dear, you should hang onto our Harrower in her deck. That would be best for when we have need of her services."

"Will you be able to make use of that wand of magical energy bolts? That bastard mage at the fishery tried it out on me to no effect. But it will come handy in a pinch for dealing with some particularly bothersome individuals. I almost wished we had something like that to take out that cunt of a priestess yesterday."

With the cremation ceremony completed, she exits the Harrower's rundown domicile and locks it behind her after Visara and Gweyn are out in the street.

She nods and gestures that they start making their way back to Pontia's little bed and breakfast. Slowly the city is beginning to wake, the early market goers already browsing the produce at the little grocers and market stalls.
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Back on the street, Visara is eager to get back to the bed and breakfast. Either it was the newness of her wings, or her armor still needed to be adjusted, but the half-dragon needed to stretch out so to speak. It was part of the reason that Visara was getting restless towards the end of the discussion with the Harrower deck. With hardly a word, Visara accompanies her sisters back to the bed and breakfast.

The streets had beginning to show more and more signs of city life as it comes fully awake to the dawning day. The sisterhood still made good time back to the bed and breakfast as it is just the early bird shoppers out browsing as well the shopkeepers themselves rushing to open up. It is early yet that people give the trio very little notice, and the girls make it to Pontia's without incident.

As Visara and her sisters enter bed and breakfast via the side door, the owner of the establishment is already up and about preparing breakfast. Pontia says nothing about the sisterhoods appearance nor why they've been out about so early in the day. The innkeeper just informs them that breakfast will be ready shortly and goes back to her business.

At this point Visara heads up to her room, and once behind her locked door, strips out of her armor and tunic enabling the half-dragon to stretches her wings. A sigh of relief escapes the red head as she just sits there topless. After about fifteen minutes or so, Visara gets up before she falls asleep, grabs a robe, and heads off to the baths to get cleaned up. She returns feeling better dressed in clean cloths once again, only to dash back down stairs for breakfast. The half-dragon enjoys the chelaxain woman's breakfast before returning to her room to work on adjusting her armor and catch a short nap. She awakens later in the day, refreshed and ready to get on with the rest of the days errands.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Gweyn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:37 am

Gweyn accompanied her sisters back to the inn, where she enjoyed a very long soak in the bath. She had a few scented candles in her pack, and warming salts in a small jar. The candles had been burned many times and were almost stubs. She would have to look for more at the market later in the day when they sold off the items they had procured.

She nearly fell asleep in the tub. After a while, when the water grew tepid, she blew out the candles and got out, patting herself dry with a towel. She donned a pair of loose, flowing pants in grey linen and a white sleeveless top.

After eating a good meal, Gweyn returned to her room to study the various items they had gathered. The illusion of Zellara had vanished at some point, so Gweyn was content to be alone for a while, tending to her equipment. She took a nice nap then got dressed for war once more, and went downstairs to meet her sisters.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Narissa » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:00 am

Narissa cleaned up, taking a quick bath since she wanted to spend more time catching up on sleep. Skipping breakfast completely, she asked Pontia to clean her clothes. Leaving them with her, Narissa walked back up to her room naked and slipped into bed to sleep the most of the morning away.

Dressed only in that translucent white shift that she uses for a nightshirt, Narissa comes downstairs for brunch and sees that the others are already up. Collecting her cleaned clothes, she heads back to her room to finish getting dressed and equipped before they decide to head out and sell off the unwanted gear from the recently departed.

Ready to go, Narissa asks, "I wonder how much money we will have after selling off the unwanted items. Speaking of which, what do we want to keep?"

"Gweyn, you plan on using that enchanted rapier, I presume. But, most of the rest is not needed. We should have over 5000 gold coins after selling most of it. We might have enough for another mithral breast plate."
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:38 am

Gweyn nodded.

“Yes, it would please me to use that rapier. It was a fine piece. As for the rest, I doubt we need it, except, perhaps for the healing potions.”

She showed her sisters two of the potions she had studied that afternoon.

“They will heal us of most moderate wounds we incur. Perhaps it would be good to hand onto them in case of emergencies in battle. The other potion is an odd one. It allows the user to whisper into the bottle and her words are bound up inside it. Then, what she says will come out of the bottle if it is opened or smashed. I’m not sure I see a compelling use for it. Perhaps for a spy who wishes to get a message to someone and is able to hide the bottle so her allies might recover it later. But otherwise…”

Gweyn shook her head.

“We might as well sell these things that are weighing us down, and purchase something much more useful. If we get that armor, Narissa, would you be able to use it? It would not interfere with your flying?”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Narissa » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 am

Narissa tilts her head to the side, "I am proficient in the use of such armor, and by having it made of mithral, the breast plate will still allow for my agility while only hampering my movement slightly. The added protection is worth it, I believe."

She demonstrates a bit with her wings materializing and shows Gweyn what she means. Her wings disappearing again she looks over the items spread out on the table.

"Those potions are useful, I think you should hang on to one, dear. Visara darling, you should take the other. I am carrying both of the healing wands instead."

"That message bottle is intriguing, however I think it is better sold off that trying to find a use for it ourselves."

"Some of those mundane things are probably worth keeping around, just in case. The thunderstone, the flasks of acid, and the tanglefoot bags. We should each take two of those bags and leave the rest in our gear for a stockpile. Cheaper than buying them later."

"What about that other wand of magic energy bolts?"
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:32 am

“Let’s keep that wand,” Gweyn said. “You brought up a good point in that it will allow us to strike unerringly at highly armored or evasive foes, Narissa. I know there are magics that will specifically counter that spell alone, so we cannot rely on it in every instance, but in a pinch, it may be very useful.”

She looked over at the other items and nodded.

“All right, let’s keep these other things. Since we’ve faced some odd opponents lately, they could be useful.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 am

Visara leans up against a convenient wall, all ready to head for the day. Her armor adjusted better as to not chaff, and the half-dragon even managed to get a small nap in as well. All in all, the red head is ready to face the full day and damn any one for getting in her way.

Visara shrugs at the discussion of the potions and other consumables, "Sure, sounds good to me. Always good to have that kind of stuff spread around in case Narissa is unavailable to use the healing stick. Same with the tanglefoot bags and the acid flasks."

For shopping at anything else, the barbarian couldn't think of anything off hand. She planned to window shop, and if anything caught her eye, make a case for it.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 am

Having reached a decision, Narissa takes the extra ten tanglefoot bags and the disguise kit up to her room and locks them in the footlocker. Coming back down, she considers the regular heavy shield she is carrying and plans to sell that as well for one of better quality.

"I am ready, let us depart."

Heading away from the bed and breakfast, they make their way down the street towards Eodred's Walk once again. It quickly becomes apparent that something terrible has happened while they slept this morning.

Korvosa is in flames. Smoke rises on the horizon. The frantic clang of alarm bells sing out in harmony with a multifarious cacophony of screams, the clash of steel on steel, moans, and even the periodic detonation of arcane power.

A wing of Sable Company griffon riders swoops overhead, angling toward Castle Korvosa at a breakneck pace. One of the badly wounded mounts rains blood down on the street around them before it succumbs and crashes headlong into a statue, taking its rider and itself to a bone-crunching demise. The others in the flight do not pause to check on their fallen ally.

Amid the chaos, the voice of a Korvosan herald cuts through the din: “The king is dead! Long live the queen!” only to be shouted down by ragged cries of “Hang the queen!” and “The usurper whore must die!”

Narissa gestures with a wary nod for the others to look down an alleyway. She had spotted a contingent of hellknights clad in dark iron armor and horned helms pursuing a small gang of what appear to be looters.

"This is disturbing." Her obvious comment appears to far short of the mark.
Narissa
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to When Evil Rampages Everywhere [PF]