WERE: Ch1 - Korvosa: Mistaken Identity

What are you going to do when the fiends and dragons come hunting for you?
Image Image Image

Moderator: PMiller

Re: WERE: Ch1 - Korvosa: Mistaken Identity

Postby PMiller » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:17 am

Cassatta goes down and is injured badly from the combined assault.

The priestess clenches her teeth with pain and says, "Argh, you bitches will pay!"

spoiler: show
** Combat Round 6 **
Gweyn's shield expired

Initiative:
Narissa
Visara <--
Cassatta
Gweyn

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Narissa:    09/20 HP remaining; DR5/Magic
Visara:     15/26 HP remaining; +4 Temp HP
Gweyn:      07/18 HP remaining; DR10/Silver; +2 Temp HP

Gweyn Spells Cast: 0/3 1st Level remain; Shield +4AC (0/20 rounds)
Gweyn Arcane Pool: 3/4 remaining
Visara's Rage Rounds Used: 3/7

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Cassatta (AC18 (Prone) (21ff/11tch)/CMD17): 33 dmg; Badly wounded
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Visara » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Visara smiles and lets out a crazy laughter, "Only if you can get up bitch! Come, I Dare you! Get the fuck up!" Visara screams at the cleric as she slashes her greatsword, striking at weak point in the downed woman's defenses. The blade slips threw with wet squish as it finds fleshy bits to slice.

Move Action: na
Standard Action: Attack Cassatta: 1d20+10=23, 1d6+7+3=11, left off a d6 on damage: 1d6=2, total dmg is 13.

Current AC: 18 currently (-2 from rage)
Current HP: 15/26 + 4 temp hp
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in effect: Rage: Str +4, con +4, Will +2, AC -2, +4 temp hp
rage: 2 of 7 rounds remaining
Dragon breath: 1/1 remaining for day
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:23 am

Visara's sword slashes downward and hits the joint in the priestess's platemail armor at the shoulder severing tendons and almost removing the arm holding the heavy mace. Cassatta's face drains of color and her eyes roll back as she goes limp with unconsciousness. The heavy mace rolls a foot away as her grips loosens once the arm holding it has become lifeless.

Panting heavy from the exertion of two battles in such a short time, the sisterhood realizes that they were wise to catch the woman alone.

The floor is becoming bloody from the grievous wounds done to Cassatta and smell of burnt flesh is still in the air. Looking down, you notice that the priestess is lying on a trap door in the floor the blood finding the seam of the door jamb and stopping the pool from spreading further as it leaks down below.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Narissa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 am

Narissa doesn't hesitate and bashes in the bitch's skull to make sure she will not rise again, remarking, "I don't trust the cunt to stay down. Her god might think she deserves to be risen and that would not be good for us right now."

She bends down at the bloody corpse, tastes some of the human's sweet blood and smiles as she starts searching the body. Cassatta had a potion vial in a pouch with two emeralds and a gold conch shell, after showing them to Gweyn, they can get a pretty good estimation of the value of the treasure.

The mace is of fine craftsmanship, but the armor and shield are ordinary. Narissa starts to remove the platemail armor and says, "I am guessing the trap door leads to the water below. Let's just dump the trash through it, gather up the valuables, and then see a chirurgeon about this affliction that we have. A bit cheaper than wasting our wand at least."
The Fallen Angel: Narissa
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Visara spits on the corpse of the dead priestess, "That's right bitch..." she murmurs more to herself than anything. The barbarian stands back up, wobbling as she comes off her rage and adrenaline now that the fight is over. She backs up and leans against the wall to help steady herself and proceeds to have a giggling fit, "mmm, that was an enjoyable fight." Liking her lips, giggles a bit quietly to herself as she watches Narissa strip and search the corpse.

Visara shakes her head, and puts one of her hands to side of her temple. Even though the fight was over, she was still seeing red like in a rage. Her blood also felt on fire, and her body ached all over, more so than from injuries or exertion of battle. Damn, what the hell? Visara wonders herself. Last time she felt like this was one she first awakened her dragon heritage. Perhaps the fight has caused another awakening. After a minute or two, the feelings subside enough to be tolerable and ignorable for the time being.

The barbarian pushes herself off the wall, cleans her blade off the sheets on the cot, and begins to help open the trap door and dump the body into the water once ready. She then moves to help search the room.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Gweyn » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Gweyn rose to her hind legs, staring down at the dead priestess.

“That hex was foul,” she muttered, raspy voiced. She could taste Cassatta’s blood in her mouth from when she had bit her. “She was a deadly opponent indeed.”

She cleaned off the tip of her blade reflexively, though it had never tasted Cassatta’s blood. Then she put her rapier away.
“Now our troubles with this issue of mistaken identity are over.”

She paused, then glanced around the room. Gweyn looked at Visara in concern for a moment. She had never seen the barbarian woman look so fatigued before. It was almost hard to believe anything could stagger the brawny Visara. Seconds later, Visara seemed to recover. Gweyn averted her gaze.

She turned to the items they found, then murmured a simple cantrip, illuminating to her sight anything magical in the room.

Cast Detect Magic.
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 am

Around the room the only auras are the items the sisters have recovered from Cassatta and her minions. The two potions, one from the priestess and the other from Gaudral, have faint conjuration auras. The mace has a moderate evocation aura and Gweyn realizes that it is a magical shock mace, capable of discharging electrical damage when it strikes a target.

With her new found experience at such things, Gweyn takes another look at the greatsword and can now tell that it is magically enhanced to increase the ability to cut deeper when it hits. But she is not able to discern much new about the green bottle.

The rest of the room contains little else of interest. Nothing is concealed in the bedrolls or the cot. The desk contains only the accounting records for the store itself and apparently the business is not very profitable. The bank is likely to foreclose on the property once they realize that the owner is dead or missing.

There is nothing else of value or interest to the sisterhood.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Narissa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:39 am

Finished stripping the valuable armor off the dead woman, Narissa removes the head with her scimitar to help further prevent a resurrection.

As she pushes the bloody corpse through the trap door to a satisfying splash in the water 10 feet below, leaving little trace of Cassatta once she disappears below the surface, Narissa suggests to Visara, "Darling, why don't you take her head and destroy it in a bedroll. We can dump it elsewhere. That should conclude this business about the priestess needing something from Madarius."

"Though I wonder if it truly is the end of such things, if that rogue was cheating other business associates. Perhaps she got killed for the artifact from the very beginning."

Finding a bucket on a rope, she dips down to get some water from below to pour over the blood stains and clean up the mess a bit before they leave.

"I doubt it will be long before a customer comes or someone discovers our spent lovers in the alley. We should be going."
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 am

Gweyn nodded.

“Yes, hopefully she is dead. All we need is my doppelganger betraying others and causing more trouble for us.”

She glanced around the room, but it seemed they had ransacked it thoroughly.

“Let us go and get healed , and celebrate our success with a good glass of wine. Then we can see about selling off these items and purchasing something for ourselves. I think I will have my armor enchanted.”

She paused, glancing at Visara.

“Are you well, Sister? You are looking more sanguinary than usual.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Visara nods silently and takes the severed head from Narissa. She moves over to the cot and wraps the head up tight with a sheet or two. Taking her morningstar from her belt, Visara proceeds to thoroughly bash the head into a bloody pulp. Satisfied, the barbarian puts her weapon away, and uses any left over blankets, or sheets to wrap the pulped head even further.

At Gweyn's question, Visara shakes her head, and shrugs her shoulders not willing to admit anything is wrong. "Still coming off the thrill of the fight," the barbarian mumbles her excuse. In truth, she felt like she needed to break something...or have very stiff drink.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 am

Narissa is acquainted with her sister's fatigue after being enraged during the thrill of battle and doesn't embarrass her by drawing further attention to it. She is always a little drained herself as she comes down from her arousal, faintly reminding her of the after effects from a good orgasm.

Since her sisters are ready, she takes her share of the belongings and shuts the back door of the store. She closes the trap door too and then follows the others back through the main room and exits Sunderham's Exports. They have left the store as they found it, only sans owners.

Making their way south through the Midlands and back to Eodred's Walk to deal with the merchants of Slicing Dicers and Trapper's Hole once again, she spends another hour of haggling and such. After the sisters have pocketed the coins and perused the selection of fine quality weapons and armors available, Narissa leaves the magical greatsword in Visara's care and hangs onto the magical shock mace.

But, before making up their minds on new purchases, Narissa leads them to a discrete adept that can reverse the effects of the cunt's life draining energy wave. Feeling much better, they find a place to sit along Field Marshal Avenue for awhile and have some lunch in a plain looking restaurant that offers private booths.

After some house wine with lunch platters arrive, the waitress leaves them be and they can discuss how to spend the afternoon.

"Well sisters, we have ourselves a fair amount of coin. How best shall we spend it? If Visara wants a nice shiny mithral breastplate, we can afford it after selling her enchanted chain shirt and the spare greatsword. We will still have close to 250 gold coins left after that."
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 am

Gweyn nodded.

“That sounds good to me. After a close call like today, I would prefer that we all be as well-protected as possible.”

She turned to Visara.

“My chain shirt is made from mithral. I find it to be very light and comfortable. Your new breastplate will be the same, a good choice since you are so mobile in battle.”

She considered the matter of the leftover money.

“If we don’t need it for potions or a utility wand, we might as well keep it for later. We may need a few more coins to afford our next purchase, whatever that may be.”

Gweyn took a sip of the house wine.

“So, now we may get back to what we were doing before we were interrupted by all this Madarius business. Finding our filched items.”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Visara » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Visara sat at the table working on her second glass of wine. The first had disappeared as soon as they sat down, and did much to calm her nerves, and dull the fire in the barbarian's veins. Her muscles seemed to ache, as if they had a strenuous workout. More so then could be caused from the sisterhood's recent battles. Visara sat there unusually silent, only half-paying attention as she worked out what was going on with her body, and trying to remember the dragonic awakening from the last time.

Gweyn's question snaps Visara back to reality, and she mumbles, "Huh...oh...Yes, that sounds good to me. About the mithral breastplate. As long as I get to keep my mobility." The barbarian grins at that as she thinks back on the last day or two and the wondrous fights.

As for what to do next, Visara comments with a wicked grin, "Aye, there are fingers that need to be collected in payment for our stolen property."

Visara takes another sip of wine and nibbles of some food from one of the lunch platters. An itching starts along her shoulder blades, and begins to irritate the barbarian. Now what? Did that bitch put a pox on me before she died or something? What the hell?? Visara thinks to herself. She leans back in chair, and subtly twists her torso a bit to force her tunic and armor to alleviate the itching, at least for the time being. Hopefully the others won't notice. Damnit, I need a bath.
Visara in Evil Freeform
Visara in WERE
Visara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Narissa » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 am

Narissa picks at her food, only mildly hungry, her thoughts more on finding the thieving little shits that took their possessions rather than eating.

"It is settled then. We see about getting that breastplate for our darling dragon and sell off the extra armor."

"If you want some potions, Gweyn, we can visit the shop and take a look."

Finally deciding she has had enough to eat, her platter only half finished, she slides her plate over to Visara to eat if she wants.

"We do have the afternoon to waste before we have this business with the Harrower tonight. We can rest up a bit in case we end up staying awake all night. Perhaps a bath to wash away the sweat and human stick from that bitch and her minions."
Narissa
Legend
Legend

Postby Gweyn » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Gweyn nodded.

“Yes, I need to get this grease off of me. It’s in my hair, ugh.”

She lifted lank locks clogged with the thick brownish paste.

“What a vile and inconvenient spell that was. An effective tactic, however.”

She considered Narissa’s proposal, and frowned thoughtfully.

“I had almost forgotten about this Harrower. What a busy time we’ve had in the city. Surely this means we were meant to be here.”

After a few seconds, she glanced at Visara, who seemed distracted and uncomfortable. The barbarian woman was shifting in her seat constantly, a faint grimace coming over her features. Gweyn wondered what was making her so uncomfortable. Vaguely, she hoped it was not fleas.

“Yes, perhaps we should head back now. A bath seems to be in order, isn’t it, Visara?”
Gweyn
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to When Evil Rampages Everywhere [PF]