Grp C: Back at the Guild [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: Back at the Guild [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:18 am

Ashleigh nodded. Kaedyn had mentioned the fiendish knight and nightmare that afternoon.

“I was there at the wizard’s tree a few days ride past Thornbury. We are pretty sure that the ogre’s that killed the elven wizard had something to do with forces behind everything. We were too late to save him, but we do have he demon’s bane.”

“We all were returning from there when Kaedyn and Nikhil met us halfway. That was when Rahn and I decided to continue the research here in Callenburg while the others accompanied Phaeral and Gothrom to investigate the situation near Thornbury. From the sound of things, the troubles there are connected too.”

“So, we have the key to the portal the Outsiders are using, but we do not know where the portal is or how to use the key itself. Once we do get that information, then we can either close the gate or go through to take the battle to them on the other side.”

“From what Kaedyn told me, I would assume the fiendish knight was just another one of the minions sent to thwart us. Otherwise the explanation would be he was hunting after you, lady Solberg…”

“Or mayhap it was just a coincidence.”
She shrugged.
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Nikhil » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:47 am

"Orcs and a turtle ship! Must have missed hearing about that one." mused Nikhil as he companions filled in the newcomer paladin.

But then the talk turned more serious as the recent fiendish knight encounter is recalled. The duskblade felt it wasn't coincidence and had to do with their ongoing quest. The fact that Lady Coraline joined them was the coincidence part of that encounter. Either way, evil had been vanquished, and that is all that really matters.

"I don't think it's coincidence, based on everything else we've encountered amongst us. Evil is a foot, and they are trying their damnedest to stop us."

"Anyway, we all ready for tomorrow?"
Nikhil sought to change the subject.
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
Nikhil
Legend
Legend

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:39 am

After considering what Phaeral says, Coraline nods. "Yes, I see what you mean. That is a unique story, if nothing else. It must have been quite an experience." She gives him a small smile, showing traces of amusement in spite of her earlier feelings.

Coraline listens intently to Ashleigh's explanation. She then says, "A portal... So this will keep happening until it is sealed. It seems your task is indeed a great one. I am glad to have met you, so that I might assist in it." She pauses to sip from her glass, evidently taking the break in conversation to consider something.

Setting the now empty glass aside, Coraline continues, "I am sure it was not a coincidence. It does seem you have many enemies, and I will help against any that should further threaten you." Looking over to Nikhil, she states, "I am as ready as I can be. But I still have some time this evening, so I plan to return to my home. If there is anything else we need to discuss, we should do so now." Her expression grows more serious at this, her thoughts apparently drifting back to her husband.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 25/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 2/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 28/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance, Speed 50ft
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:02 am

“No, I think we covered all the essential bits. Anything else, we can talk about tomorrow.”

Phaeral smiled at Lady Solberg.

“Thank you for spending some time with us, Lady Solberg. Please, go home to your husband before it gets late. We will see you in the morning.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Group C Threads