Grp C: Back at the Guild [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Grp C: Back at the Guild [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:14 am

Day 6 19:45pm: En route Callenburg - CampingThe trade road’s dirt and flattened gravel road did cause enough racket to make speech difficult when your riders were spread out to protect the wagons. After an uneventful afternoon, you switched off between those resting and those driving or riding. With such an early start that day, it was the only way to keep Gothrom and Phaeral from getting tired before the end of the travel day. You made pretty good time.

Image
Hours after your departure from Thornbury, everyone had begun to reach their limit for the day. A campsite was found readily enough in a roadside clearing. The wagons were parked, the horses unhitched and picketed, and you pitched the tent.

Finally ready to settle in for the night, everyone was sitting around the campfire eating the evening meal. The sun has dropped below the trees and dusk was fast approaching.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 am

Gothrom scarfed down his food and cared little for the crumbs in his beard.

Seeing that the time was more appropriate for conversation, he offered up the answer to Coraline’s question from earlier.

"I be a terror with an axe. I can go berserk and chop the bastards up good. Heh, in the last fight I nearly came through untouched.”

“I am best when charging in front with these long legs skirmishing around.”

“And, I don’t really like riding a horse. My legs are too fucking short and I always be feeling I will fall off. So I do my damnedest to keep from havin’ to fight from the back of one the beasts.”

“Hummph."


The dwarf stuffed fist sized piece of bread into his mouth.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Nikhil enjoyed his meal at a bit more slowly pace than Gothrom. While the dwarf is good natured and excellent in battle, his table manners sometimes left something to be desired. But the duskblade shrugged it off as the other warrior was a dwarf and one couldn't hold that against him.

Sore from his the long day on the road, Nikhil shook himself and stretched a bit after the meal. He stood instead of sitting and remained in his armor as he had the first watch along the new paladin.

The duskblade joined the conversation as it was his turn to answer how he fights.

"I am versed in the combination of the arcane spellcasting and combat with the sword. After years of training and studying, I've developed a technique to deliver my spells via my weapon on choice. And the spiked chain be my weapon. Gives me the reach where I can channel spells from the flanks and such. But I am also not afraid to get to the grips either."

The duskblade patted his spiked chain and other weapons in turn.


spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect: bless, know dev vs ogre +2, know dev vs gnoll +2, know dev vs wolf +2, know dev vs human +1
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 2/5, shocking grasp castx3
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 1/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:07 am

Phaeral sat with the others in front of the fire, eating from his stew bowl, and soaking up all the liquid with a chunk of bread.

“So, now that Lady Solberg is with us, perhaps we should discuss our watch rotation for the evening,” he offered. He looked around at the others, then back to their new companion.

“Lady Solberg, do you have a preference as to which shift you take?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Kaedyn yawned as he and Phaeral had rested a short while in the wagons not that long ago.

He turned to Phaeral and said, "I think we should make it easy and split everyone into teams. We can use the same pairs that rest in the wagons during the day to make the night time watches."

"I think I have all this worked out. Coraline, you and Nikhil can take the first watch at night and also rest the first four hours of the trek during the day. Nik has the ability to see at night."

"While Gothrom and Hrandeth are doing the driving most of the time, they can rest during the middle shift of the day. Nik and I can drive the wagons then. That also means Gothrom and Hrandeth have the mid-shift of watch at night. Gothrom can see well in the dark too."

"That leaves Phaeral and me. We can take the last shift of the night for watch, I can see in the dark pretty well just like the other two. We also will have the last shift on the daytime riding the wagon to rest."

"Anyone have objects to that plan? We should have plenty of rest and be able to prepare our spells in the morning. And well will make as good a time back to Callenburg as if we did not have the wagons slowing us down."


The Schedule | Show
0630-1030 - Driving Gothrom & Hrandeth, Resting Coraline & Nikhil
1030-1500 - Driving Nikhil & Kaedyn, Resting Gothrom & Hrandeth
1500-1900 - Driving Gothrom & Hrandeth, Resting Phaeral & Kaedyn
1900-2000 - Setting up camp & preparing for the night
2000-2300 - On Watch Nikhil & Coraline
2300-0230 - On Watch Gothrom & Hrandeth
0230-0530 - On Watch Kaedyn & Phaeral
0530-0630 - Breaking camp & preparing to get underway


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:45 am

"Sounds good to me." replied Nikhil to Kaedyn's plan. The duskblade had already figured he would take the first watch for the reasons his knight friend had stated.

The duskblade took his spike chain from his loop and spent some time examining the weapon for any nicked links and such that might need replacing.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect: bless, know dev vs ogre +2, know dev vs gnoll +2, know dev vs wolf +2, know dev vs human +1
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 2/5, shocking grasp castx3
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 1/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Phaeral spent a few moments mulling over Kaedyn’s suggestions as he started to clean up the evening meal.

“That sounds just fine to me, Kaedyn. Thanks for working that out.”

In spite of the fact he had rested not long ago, he was sleepy, and could use some actual shut-eye. The thought of solid ground and a warm bedroll was pretty comforting. He thought he would fall asleep right away.

“Kaedyn, when we get back to Callenburg, will you be checking in with the church? What about the rest of you?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:11 am

Phaeral's comment about healing wands is met with a nod. Coraline pats the side of her belt, where a wand is attached. "This is where I keep a healing wand while traveling. This one is new, so it has plenty of charges to use. Should it ever be needed, feel free to take it." She then falls silent, agreeing with Kaedyn to wait until they are camping for more conversation.

Once they are around the fire, Coraline provides food to Terra before beginning to dine as well. She eats at a steady pace with what seem to be decent manners. It is somewhat difficult to tell, given that they are not in the ideal situation for it. She at least makes a better impression than Gothrom, though his antics do not seem to bother her.

Once Gothrom and Nikhil answer, the paladin appears to contemplate them. "It sounds as if your group is fairly balanced," Coraline remarks after fully chewing and swallowing a bite. "Though I would rather not fight needlessly, I hope to have a chance to be alongside you in battle." Terra looks up from her meal to paw the ground once, then resumes chowing down.

Phaeral happens to ask of Coraline's shift preference when she is chewing again. By the time she finishes, Kaedyn has started to outline his ideas for how they should proceed. Coraline waits to respond until he falls silent. "I have no arguments. I will say that my eyesight will suffer during the night, so on my own, a night shift might not work well. But with Nikhil watching, that should be fine." She gestures to her mount while adding, "Terra will not have to depart until I sleep. Her senses are good, so if she hears something, she will react." Terra flicks her ears back, but does not stop munching on her feed this time.

Coraline finishes eating soon after. A pause comes as she looks over to Phaeral. "I will visit my husband. I do so every time I am fortunate enough to arrive in Callenburg." She looks away while saying in a more subdued tone, "Not much will come of it, but it makes me feel better to do so. Should anyone not have plans, you are welcome to come with me. I expect you have better things to do, though." She rises to approach Nikhil, and sits down to get ready for her watch.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 50/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 56/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance
Last edited by Celtic Guardian 7 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:40 am

Kaedyn nodded as Phaeral asked about reporting in, "Aye, they will be wondering about what we have been up to. I am hoping Ashleigh already told them about the elven wizard and the ogres.”

“Well, I think we can trust Rahn to have made sure it happened if she forgot. Since they are supposed to be doing research, mayhap we shall find them there as well."


The cleric left the issue about accompanying Coraline to visit her husband alone. He thought it best to let them spend as much quality time alone as they could afford if she was always traveling about. Besides, he knew the rest of them had things to do in Callenburg and time might be short. "You are welcome to bring him by the Adventurer’s Guild’s Common Room for meals. I am pretty sure we will at least be supping there the two evenings we spend in town."


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Satisfied that his chain was in order, Nikhil began his watch shift as the others continued to their conversation. He took a spot a little farther from the fire’s light, and his vision adjust to the darkness. He nodded once to the Coraline as she approached and took a seat nearby.

“I can follow up with those two, “ Nikhil put in as the conversation focused on what they were going to do once they reached Callenburg. Other than that, the duskblade planned to do some rest and relaxation.
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 am

Coraline listens with curiosity as the people they plan to visit are spoken of. "I am curious about these friends of yours. What are they like?" Though it is likely she will meet them soon, she still seems interested in hearing of them.

Kaedyn's offer is met with a moment of silence. Coraline manages a smile as she responds. "Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, that is impossible. Not unless he has awoken in the time I have been gone. I highly doubt such a thing has happened." She goes quiet again, staring at the fire.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 50/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 56/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 am

Phaeral stared at Lady Solberg for a moment, then he averted his eyes. An uncomfortable silence fell in the wake of her admission. He shifted.

“I…I’m sorry to hear that, Lady Solberg. What happened?”

He looked over at her.

“But if you don’t want to talk about it, I’m sure my colleagues and I understand. As for our friends, Rahn is a very no-nonsense priest, wise and humble, and reliable above all else. Ashleigh is…”

Phaeral paused.

“…hard to describe. Very vibrant and full of life. She’s a very nice person.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:57 am

Kaedyn nearly choked on the bite of his trail rations at Coraline’s statement. She had mentioned a husband and let them think he was alive and well all day long.

It was at times like that he was lacking in the priestly ways of the temples to help comfort people. But then, he always claimed to be a battle cleric and the comfort he was used to dealing with was the last rites of the dying.

He held his peace though when Phaeral offered the lady paladin the choice of sharing or not.

Kaedyn had known the red-headed warlock at least as much as any of them, but did not know Rahn very well.

"Well, Ashleigh has some… ah, questionable judgment issues. I guess that is the nicest way to put it. She is very nice and friendly though. And loyal too."

"But rolling in the hay with Raddick?"
He shook his head in exaggerated bewilderment.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Meeting Phaeral's gaze again, Coraline gives him a small nod. "I don't wish to burden you with my problems. But I have no qualms with speaking of it." She glances at Terra, and then tells a short version of the tale.

"My husband is a paladin of Heironeous as well. We were called to fight a monster that had appeared in a nearby village. We arrived to find everyone slaughtered, but the creature was still there. We fought it, and..." Coraline halts before saying, in a quieter tone, "He took a severe blow for me. The monster fled, but my husband has been unconscious since then. The clerics I asked said it is a curse, and it is doubtful he will ever wake up unless the source is destroyed." Her gaze hardens as she concludes, "That is why I hunt it, so that I can destroy it and awaken him at last."

Some of the light in her eyes returns as Coraline responds to the comments about their friends. "A priest? What deity does he worship? It would be nice to speak with Rahn about his faith." She blinks before adding, "It will be nice to meet Ashleigh as well. But who is Raddick? And why would she wish to roll about in hay?" Terra raises her head at the word 'hay', but lowers it again at seeing no food to go with it.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 50/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 56/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:06 am

Nikhil listened quietly as Coraline relayed the story of her husband. It was unfortunate circumstances, that the duskblade did feel for the paladin. The duskblade was not married or attached, but he shuddered to think if he had a spouse that had fallen into similar circumstances. The fact that Coraline continued to hunt for the creature that caused her husbands plight garnered respect from the duskblade.

"Raddick is a rather uncouth fighter. Heart in the right place for the most part, but reallly rough around the edges. If you know what I mean."

Nikhil thought back to the few meetings he had with Rahn. The cleric was not your typical cleric, as he seemed to be used to conflict. "I think Rahn said he worshiped Procan. But I've never really talked to him about his faith."
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Next

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron