Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Nikhil frowned as Asheigh explained her and Rahn’s findings, or lack thereof. It was too bad, but he understood that Callenburg wasn’t the largest city around. The redhead was right about its libraries too.

“That sounds like Rahn. Too focused to come say hi. Ah well”

“But you right about the libraries in Freeport having more of selection in their libraries and archives. And the more of you traveling that way, the better considering what we are up against.”

Nikhil nodded to the dwarf as Phaeral asked Gothrom about the trip. It made sense to the duskblade for him to accompany Rahn and the others. But Gothrom still had to agree to it.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect:
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 am

Gothrom shrugged and scratched his bearded chin absently.

He was not very happy sounding as he begrudgingly agreed, “Aye, I reckon I should go with ‘em ta make sure they don’t get themselves in any trouble wit the lords o’ the mountains.”

“I can be goin’ wit ya, lass.”

“I gonna miss crackin’ some fuckin’ skulls with you guys,”
the dwarf grumbled to Kaedyn, Phaeral, and Nikhil.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 am

Ashleigh smiled and put her hand on the dwarf’s shoulder.

“Thank you. Considering the foes we are facing, if they learned of our trek we might have more trouble that we want on the journey.”

“But having your axe out front with me zapping them from right behind you, I am sure we can handle them.”

“We are planning to leave after breaking fast tomorrow morning.”


The dwarf grunted his acknowledgement.
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 am

Kaedyn said little during the exchange. They would miss having the stalwart dwarf’s axe when they returned to deal with the rest of the Master’s minions around Thornbury. But he did not want to see Ashleigh and Rahn fail in their mission either.

His deep voice rumbled, "Aye, that is probably best. May the gods look after you three on the important task ahead."


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 21 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 23 with shield
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 3/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:24 am

Looking over as Kaedyn suggests her departing, Coraline says in an absent-minded tone, "I will stay for the moment. I wish to meet these friends of yours. Most likely I will take my leave in the evening." Without saying anything else, she goes after the group.

The bartering of items appears to hold little interest to the paladin. Even so, she nods a few times to questions asked to her, confirming anything she is inquired on. She seems to brighten as they come to the location of the old companions that were so frequently spoken of. This becomes especially apparent as she sees Rebel, which brings a smile to Coraline's face.

Though Kaedyn introduces her, Coraline still bows and says, "Greetings. I am Coraline Roydon Solberg. The pleasure is mine." She straightens while stating, "I have heard much of you from your companions, so it is good to meet with you in person. I find it unfortunate to not get to speak with Rahn, especially as I was curious of his religious beliefs, but that is how it goes."

Once the plans are made, there is a nod from Coraline as she says, "I see. Then I hope you will do well in your journey. It was enjoyable traveling with you, Gothrom. Please protect them." She directs to Ashleigh, "I will pray to Heironeous for you to make it safely."

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 25/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 2/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 28/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance, Speed 50ft
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 am

"Aye, Gothrom. But you might get your chance to crack a few yourself. Good luck with ya."

Nikhil nodded as the dwarf agreed to the escort. The plan gave them the best chances on both fronts, and so the duskblade agree with it tactically.

"Alright. Ashleigh, was there anything useful you managed to find here in Callenburg, or is it all heresay?"

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect:
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Phaeral smiled when Gothrom agreed to accompany Ashleigh and Rahn on their quest, however reluctantly that agreement was.

“Thanks, Gothrom. I’ll feel better knowing your mighty axe is with them.”

He turned back to Ashleigh.

“Are there any supplies you or Rahn might need before you leave, anything we can help you acquire?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:09 am

Ashleigh shook her head, “Oh, I think we have everything we need just fine.”

“Rahn and I still have our horses stabled. Purchasing some extra rations and feed for our journey is about all we need. Oh and a new tent for the three of us, I suppose. You do not mind if Rebel continues to come along with us for protection, do you Phaeral? He is a good dog.”


At Nikhil’s question she frowned and said, “Oh, I did hear something this morning. Raddick was around and got so drunk that Grog had to punch him out yesterday afternoon. He was supposed to head out on a task for the Guild, but took exception to the company he had to keep. Some elves that he claimed lacked manners. Gah, can you believe that?”

“But information pertaining to our quest has been non-existent. Nothing about the place we seek or information about the portal. We had a wizard examine the artifact, but he was unable to learn anything more than I.”
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:11 am

Kaedyn shrugged at the mention of Raddick’s behavior, not quite understanding the red-headed woman’s comments about the gruff warrior. He had always thought other man to be a stalwart warrior to have at one’s side. Kaedyn considered the man’s language tended to be crude, but he thought Raddick to be likeable enough.

"Well, it is good that you have hopes to find what we need in Freeport, then. Shall we head over to the Guild for some dinner? Mayhap we shall see this shiner on Raddick and get the real explanation, eh."

The battle cleric thought they should consider asking the warrior to accompany Gothrom and Ashleigh too, just to be safe. But with a sorted past between Ashleigh and Raddick, he did not think such a suggestion would go over very well.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 21 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 23 with shield
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 3/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 am

Phaeral smiled upon hearing Ashleigh’s praise for Rebel, and he nodded.

“Of course he can go with you. It would make me feel better too.”

Rebel wagged his tail, pink tongue lolling out, clearly aware that they were talking about him, perhaps even guessing that he would go with Ashleigh. The border collie stood by Ashleigh’s side and looked up at them alertly.

He felt a pang of misgiving as Ashleigh mentioned Raddick and what he was doing. Not that Raddick’s boorishness and public drunkenness was any concern of his, but the fact that Ashleigh was still keeping tabs on Raddick suggested she still cared…for some reason.

Phaeral turned to Kaedyn.

“Dinner sounds good. You haven’t eaten yet, right, Ashleigh?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:23 pm

The duskblade shook his head at Raddick’s mischief. The fighter was skilled with weapons, but his manners and such left a lot to be desired. So it wasn’t much a surprise to hear the half-orc bartender clock him good.

Nikhil nodded in agreement about dinner. His stomach had been growling a bit in the last hour, and the duskblade could go with a pint of ale as well.

“Sounds like a good idea. Though should probably see if we can pry Rahn away from the scrolls.”


spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect:
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 4/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Coraline's expression flickers, an emotion showing so briefly that it is difficult to pinpoint. She then nods. "I would like to speak with you further, while we have the chance," she says to Ashleigh. "After what your companions have said about you, passing up this opportunity is not something I wish to do." A slight smile comes at this.

"I am afraid I have not frequented many taverns here, in spite of living in this area. There was never much reason for me to." Coraline glances at Rebel, then back to Asleigh. "Is there anywhere in particular you wish to go? If you are about to leave for some time, I assume there might be a location you would prefer seeing before departing." Her gaze darts to her companions, then shifts back to the red-haired woman.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 25/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 2/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 28/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance, Speed 50ft
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:18 am

“That sounds lovely,” Ashleigh replied to Coraline with a smile.

Knowing the men like she does, the warlock shrugged as she continued, “Though, I am not really from around here, so the common room at the Adventurer’s Guild is good enough for me. Their food is hearty and reminds me of the farm… except I don’t have to cook it,” she smiled at her own joke.

If she was concerned that Raddick might or might not be there, she did not show it.

“Since you all have been traveling, I am sure you would welcome some freshening up as well.” She wrinkled her nose a bit at the manly stench of oil, leather, horse, and sweat that adorned the three males adventurers.

“I can meet you there later, after I take care of some quick things. Bye now.” Ashleigh made her farewells and left the Chapter House.
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:21 am

Kaedyn said good-bye to the red-haired lass and then unobtrusively sniffed at himself while raising each arm in turn. He did not smell anything different, but a good hot bath before retiring for the night sounded like a fine idea.

He turned to Nikhil, “I can show you the library, and we can see if Rahn wants to come with us to share a pint or two. This way,” he gestured in the direction Ashleigh had arrived from.

“We can meet you two back at the Guild, if you would like,” Kaedyn said to Phaeral and Coraline.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 21 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 23 with shield
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 3/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:46 am

“Bye, Ashleigh. Bye, Rebel.”

Phaeral smiled as he saw Rebel turn automatically to follow her, rather than staying with him. The border collie was a smart dog, and understood what he was supposed to be doing now. Though he still felt a sense of melancholy as both warlock and dog left without a single glance back. They didn’t really need him, or particularly miss him.

He turned away, realizing that Kaedyn had said something. He nodded, catching up.

“All right. See you then.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron