Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:23 am

Phaeral reined his horse in, and circled back as the talk turned to healing.

“Whoops, I was too hasty, I see. I apologize for that. I agree there’s no need to rush off before everyone is healed a bit more. With these evil beings apparently targeting us, we should be as prepared as we possibly can.”

He nodded to Kaedyn.

“I’ll keep watch while you do that.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:22 am

With the procession taking a brief pause, Kaedyn rubbed his palms together letting the divine warmth of his deity fill him with energy. While his healing touch was not able to do much more, it still helped when it came to calling forth the blessings from Boldrei when he used spells.

He cast spells to help all three of the wounded members of their group. The injuries were mostly gone afterwards, but the last minor injuries on Nikhil would heal overnight.

"There. I have done what I can for now, but the last of Nik's wounds will heal with some rest. I did not use all of my energy so I have a few left in reserve."

Kaedyn climbed back aboard his wagon and they resumed the journey.


Combat Information | Show
CLW on Terra (1d8+5=7) CLW on Coraline (1d8+5=6) CLW on Coraline (1d8+5=11)
CMW on Terra (2d8+6=17)
CMW on Coraline (2d8+6=19)
CSW on Nikhil (3d8+6=17)
Cure Minor Wounds on Terra x4

Current AC: 21 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 23 with shield
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 3/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:23 am

Day 8, 12:30 - CallenburgThe rest of the afternoon passed by uneventfully and you found another decently defensible and out of the way campsite. Kaedyn was able to finish healing some more of the injuries with his last spells.

By the next morning, you all were refreshed and Nikhil was healed up normal. Packing up camp and completing your morning rituals was routine and soon you were back on your way again.

A few hours later the farmlands immediately surrounding Callenburg replaced the forest. The outlying settlements were familiar looking and there was other people using the road between them and the large town up ahead.

Just after midday found you approaching the town’s gate and you have no trouble entering through since the free town does not charge tolls for entry.

You have arrived in Callenburg.


Combat Information | Show
Current Party Conditions:
Code: Select all
Phaeral:    42/42 HP remaining; Mounted
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13)
Gothrom:    63/63 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13) Tethered
Nikhil:     38/38 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13) Tethered
Kaedyn:     42/42 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13) Tethered
Coraline:   50/50 HP remaining; Mounted
  Terra:    56/56 HP remaining;
Mundo:      13/13 HP remaining (Guarding Horse)
Hrandeth:   08/08 HP; (AC12)
Conditions in Effect:

Gothrom Rages (8rnds): 2/2 remaining
Nikhil Spells Remaining: SLA (4/4); Cantrips (5/5); 1st Level (5/5)
Kaedyn Spells Remaining:  1st Level (5/5); 2nd Level (4/4); 3rd Level (3/3)
Wand of CLW (Kaedyn): 20 Charges remaining
Kaedyn Destroy Undead: 3/3 remaining
Coraline Lay on Hands: 15/15 remaing
Coraline Spells Remaining: 1st Level (1/1)
Coraline Turn Undead: 6/6 remaining
Coraline Smite Evil: 2/2 remaining
Wand of CLW (Coraline): 50 Charges remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11991
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Phaeral was grinning as they trotted into town. He couldn’t wait to see Ashleigh and Rebel again, and ask her how she was doing, and how things were going with the search with Rahn. But that might have to wait until the evening.

He glanced back over his shoulder.

“Well, what’s first, guys?”

He looked over at Hrandeth on his wagon.

“Where in town will you be going, Hrandeth? We can escort you to the door.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 am

Day 8, 12:30 - CallenburgImage
Hrandeth was only sitting and watching as he was riding smaller wagon next to Kaedyn as the large human was driving. With the expected arrival being midday, there was no reason to nap. He shook his head and said, "Oh, I don't think a full escort is necessary. You have earned your fee by seeing me this far."

Image
Gothrom held up a hand and cut off the gnome, "Ah, stow it. I be comin' with ya."

"The long-legs can go see about the selling the loot and visiting a wizard to get the magical items identified without me."


"Okay then. Once we reach the town center, I will head over to the Caravan Guild and the Warehouses. I rent some office and storage there."

You entered the town of Callenburg from the East gate, the Adventurer's Guild was located up by the North Gate and the Caravan Guild was near the West Gate.


Map of Callenburg | Show
Image
Image

Combat Information | Show
Current Party Conditions:
Code: Select all
Phaeral:    42/42 HP remaining; Mounted
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13)
Gothrom:    63/63 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13) Tethered
Nikhil:     38/38 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13) Tethered
Kaedyn:     42/42 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13) Tethered
Coraline:   50/50 HP remaining; Mounted
  Terra:    56/56 HP remaining;
Mundo:      13/13 HP remaining (Guarding Horse)
Hrandeth:   08/08 HP; (AC12)
Conditions in Effect:

Gothrom Rages (8rnds): 2/2 remaining
Nikhil Spells Remaining: SLA (4/4); Cantrips (5/5); 1st Level (5/5)
Kaedyn Spells Remaining:  1st Level (5/5); 2nd Level (4/4); 3rd Level (3/3)
Wand of CLW (Kaedyn): 20 Charges remaining
Kaedyn Destroy Undead: 3/3 remaining
Coraline Lay on Hands: 15/15 remaing
Coraline Spells Remaining: 1st Level (1/1)
Coraline Turn Undead: 6/6 remaining
Coraline Smite Evil: 2/2 remaining
Wand of CLW (Coraline): 50 Charges remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11991
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:58 am

Phaeral smiled at Gothrom’s gruff offer, but schooled his features after a second. The dwarf was a good-hearted fellow, in spite of what he wanted people to believe.

“Thanks for doing that, Gothrom. That sounds fine. We’ll meet up with you again at the Adventurers’ Guild.”

He turned to the others.

“Let’s see the wizard first. Then we’ll know more of what we might to sell, or not. How does that sound?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:17 am

With Kaedyn's spells having worked to heal her injuries and Terra's, Coraline thanks him for his help. Terra nudges him with her nose, evidently showing gratitude in her own way. Coraline mounts her again to take a spot toward the front. While they are not attacked again that day, she feels better taking that precaution.

As they draw closer to Callenburg, Coraline becomes quieter. She seems even more distant as they enter the city. A slight nod is given to Hrandeth and Gothrom as they depart. Otherwise, she looks around at the buildings, her gaze far from the present.

It is only when Phaeral speaks that Coraline seems to snap out of it. "Wizard? Oh! Um... yes, let us do so. That would be good." Terra paws the ground once, glancing back toward her rider as Coraline dismounts. The horse follows her as Coraline starts after Phaeral.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20 (11Touch/20 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 25/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: Immune Disease, +4 Fear Saves (10ft Radius)
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 2/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 22 (10 Touch/21 Flatfoot)
Current HP, Terra: 28/56
Current Weapon In Hand, Terra: 2 x Hooves & Bite
Conditions, Terra: Improved Evasion, Endurance, Speed 50ft
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:20 am

Kaedyn nodded and added, "Oh, aye. That is a fine plan, Phaeral."

"Are you sure you don't need to check on something, Lady Coraline? You need not come with as we deal with some routine business. You can always catch up with us at the Guild or the Heironeous Chapter House if we cannot find Ashleigh or Rahn."


Kaedyn climbed atop the larger wagon as he would let Nikhil ride his horse after Gothrom climbed up next to Hrandeth. He unhitched Gothrom's horse from trailing behind the large wagon and swapped it with his own.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 21 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 23 with shield
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 3/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:57 am

Day 8, 16:15 - CallenburgImage
Continuing onwards to the town’s center, the two wagons rattled on the flagstone street. Gothrom and Hrandeth turn in the opposite direction and drive the smaller wagon away towards the warehouses.

The rest of you went north through the town’s center and stopped in front of Teron’s Superior Outfitting and Equipment. It was not the first time you had been to there for business and such prosperous adventurers are remembered. The local wizard that is part of the Tradesman Guild was next door and took a look at some of the items that you brought back. He was able to identify a couple of them that afternoon, leaving the others for the next day.

It took a few hours to finish up the arrangements and bartering, but by mid-afternoon you had completed the transactions of selling unwanted gear and equipment. While you had not finished your new purchases, they were going to wait until the morrow.

Image
Gothrom had returned with 500 gold coins as payment for services in escorting the gnome spice merchant back to Callenburg.

Afterwards, it was decided to visit the Chapter House of Heironeous and look for Rahn and Ashleigh. You rode your horses to the Guild and stabled them before walking back towards the East Gate. Standing before the large stone building with the tall iron-bound gate-like doors, you rang the metal knocker. Shortly you were admitted and the acolyte bid you to wait in the vestibule outside the sanctuary.


Map of Callenburg | Show
Image
Image

Combat Information | Show
Current Party Conditions:
Code: Select all
Phaeral:    42/42 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13)
Gothrom:    63/63 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13)
Nikhil:     38/38 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13)
Kaedyn:     42/42 HP remaining;
  Horse:    19/19 HP remaining; (AC13)
Coraline:   50/50 HP remaining;
  Terra:    56/56 HP remaining;
Mundo:      13/13 HP remaining (Guarding Horse)
Conditions in Effect:

Gothrom Rages (8rnds): 2/2 remaining
Nikhil Spells Remaining: SLA (4/4); Cantrips (5/5); 1st Level (5/5)
Kaedyn Spells Remaining:  1st Level (5/5); 2nd Level (4/4); 3rd Level (3/3)
Wand of CLW (Kaedyn): 20 Charges remaining
Kaedyn Destroy Undead: 3/3 remaining
Coraline Lay on Hands: 15/15 remaing
Coraline Spells Remaining: 1st Level (1/1)
Coraline Turn Undead: 6/6 remaining
Coraline Smite Evil: 2/2 remaining
Wand of CLW (Coraline): 50 Charges remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11991
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:58 am

Ashleigh was tired of looking through scrolls and manuscripts. She left Rahn in the Chapter House’s library and was glad for the break. News of her friends’ arrival was most welcome and rebel was excited too. Dog and woman hustled to the vestibule.

She smiled brightly upon seeing Phaeral and Gothrom, giving the scout a quick embrace and the dwarf a kiss on the forehead. She greeted both Nikhil and Kaedyn warmly without physical contact as she did not know them as well.

"It is good to see you. I hope you have had better luck that Rahn and I."

The red-headed warlock turned to the armored woman that she had not met before and said, "Hello. I am Ashleigh Carlisle."
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:29 am

Phaeral brightened, glad to see Ashleigh and Rebel. He returned Ashleigh’s embrace and made much of the black and white shepherd dog, getting down on the floor and rubbing Rebel’s sides and face, petting him as enthusiastically as Rebel’s tail swished back and forth.

“Hey, it’s really good to see you guys. Have you been all right? Has everything been all right?”

He looked up at Ashleigh, his enthusiasm dimmed, just for a moment.

“Did you not have any luck with the research?”

He had a hundred other questions for her, but needed to hold back and let her answer some before he went on.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:13 pm

NIkhil had his arms clasped behind his back as they waited for their friends researching at the chapter house. The dark haired man turned as the Ashleigh and her dog joined them in the vestibule. He smiled in greeting to the young sorceress.

"Aye, good to see you! I take it Rahn is buried in a scroll or book?"

Nikhil reached down and gave Rebel scratch as the dog came around enthusiastically to every one of the group.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect:
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 5/5
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 3/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 am

Kaedyn smiled a greeting and his deep voice was warm, “We did have some luck. If it was good luck or better than yours, I cannot say. But we are here and preparing to head back to follow up after some provisioning.”

“This stalwart knight of Heironeous is the Lady Coraline Solberg that we met on the journey back.”


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 21 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 23 with shield
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 3/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 am

Ashleigh’s smile nodded politely to Coraline and said, “It is good that we have another in this fight against the forces of evil. I think Rahn and I will need the services of sturdy warrior like Gothrom.”

She answered Nikhil’s question first, “Yes, Rahn is still checking a few more things for some obscure references.”

“My eyes are seeing double from pouring fruitlessly through scrolls and manuscripts, and you arrival is most fortuitous. The library here is not large enough and we need to leave on the morrow for the trade city of Freeport to consult the historical archives there. It will take a few weeks and we need someone to accompany us through the dwarven lands in the mountain pass.”
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Grp C: En Route Callenburg [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:24 am

“Oh, I see,” Phaeral said.

Privately, he worried about Ashleigh and Rahn traveling on their own, especially since there was an abundance of fiends and other worrisome things about lately. Who knew if these fiends were only after the main group, or if they knew of Ashleigh and Rahn’s search as well.

“Would that be all right, Gothrom?”

Phaeral turned to look at the dwarf.

“It sounds like you’re the perfect person to accompany them on such a dangerous quest. Surely there will be many opportunities to acquit yourself bravely in battle.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action None.

Free Action: None.

Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 42/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest