Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:53 am

2:01pm: Near the Town Square of ThornburyImage
Captain Destrani acknowledges the knight's bow and greeting with a tight smile, "Well met, Lady Solberg. Captain Athenos Destrani."

The Captain waves one of his men over to pass along instructions to take the two prisoners from the wagons and off to the jail.

Once completed he turns back to you and his voice is stern, "I am charged to protect the town and oversee the keep's construction. So, I will take care of this threat and make sure the people are safe."

"I think it shall not be hard to check people and you did say that people under the influence acted differently. So once I have verified the town's leadership to be normal, I will have their aid and support."

"What are you intending to do next?"
His question is not idle curiosity, but has a ring of authority to it.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 am

Nikhil relaxed as the guard captain turned up clean on the neck. That is one less thing to worry about. And the fact that the captain would likewise check up on the town's leadership now that the situation has been explained to him also eases the duskblade. The captain was even going to take the prisoners off their hands, enabling them to travel faster if need be with one less wagon.

"Aye, fighting evil is what we are about." Nikhil nodded in agreement as the paladin introduced herself.

"I believe we intend to travel back to Callenburg. We have some comrades follow up on a couple of more leads about the events that have been occurring. From there, we also have a lead back at the gnoll fort. We might be returning there to waylay a supply man of this master."


spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect: bless, know dev vs ogre +2, know dev vs gnoll +2, know dev vs wolf +2, know dev vs human +1
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 2/5, shocking grasp castx3
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 1/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:24 am

“But please keep that to yourself, if you would, Captain,” Phaeral said, nodding at the last bit of information Nikhil had imparted. “Of course our ability to do so depends on surprise.”

He paused.

“Is there any other news while we have been away?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:05 am

2:01pm: Near the Town Square of ThornburyImage
Captain Destrani shakes his head, "Since this morning, there has not been anything new to report that you do not already know about. Except maybe that the survivor of the last caravan ambush is going to live, and is feeling better."

"I will not discuss your plans... Not that you really have told me much. But feel free to stop here on yout way back if you learn something I should know about."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:12 am

Kaedyn nods towards the Captain, "Aye, that would be a good idea. We need to pass through here again and it will be a number of days from now. It will be best to see if the situation remains unchanged before we head back north to pursue the evil menace."

"Well,"
he addresses his companions, "shall we rest here today or press on? We have a number of hours of daylight and with the wagons; we can take turns resting to make better time overall by traveling longer."


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:29 am

Phaeral turned to Kaedyn.

“Let’s press on. I don’t see a reason we need to rest today. We might as well push as hard as we can right now, so we can be sure to get back in time.”

He glanced toward the town.

“Does everyone have enough provisions for the moment? We could quickly restock if we need more rations.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 am

Gothrom is still on the wagon, happier driving it instead of riding and once the talk turned to leaving soon, he did not see the point of trying to climb down and back up again. His legs are short and it would be a pain in the ass.

The dwarf replies, "Aye, might as well keep going. We can stop by the general store on the way to be sure we have enough rations and water."


combat information | Show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 20
Current HP: 53/63
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
On Belt: Dwarven Waraxe+1 (+10 Att; 1d10+5)
Conditions in Effect: None

Arrow Quiver: 20/20
Rage(7rnds): 2/2
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:30 am

Kaedyn heads over to his horse once more as the consensus appears to be pushing onwards. He mounts up once more and nods in agreement, "I agree with Gothrom. We can buy some extra feed, rations and water before leaving the village."

"With two wagons, we can probably travel another four to five hours yet today. Hrandeth did not get up early like we did and should be okay. So the four of us,"
he gestures to Phaeral, Nikhil, and Gothrom, "can take turns riding, driving, and resting. As long as two of us are getting some rest, we can travel twice as long with the rest of the daylight we have left."

"What about you, Lady Solberg? Are you and your mount able to continue onwards for that long before needing to stop for the night?"


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:32 am

2:03pm: Near the Town Square of ThornburyImage
The Captain supervises his men taking the druid and gnoll away. With your departure appearing to be imminent, he wishes you good luck and gets back to his business. He also hands over a bag of gold for looking into the problem with the gnolls for the garrison. It contains 500 gold coins.

Image
Hrandeth nods to affirm, "Sure, I can drive this wagon for another five hours today if we are going to keeping going that long."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Nikhil thanked the captain with a nod. Two less burdensome things are now off their hands.

The duskblade took one last stretch, and then remounted his horse. He patted the side of it's neck, and looked at the others.

"Aye, let's press on. Day light is burning so to speak."


Now that they all seemed somewhat in agreement, the duskblade begin to nudge his horse in the direction of the general store. Like Gothrom and Kaedyn suggested, they can provision up for the trip back to Callenburg.


spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect: bless, know dev vs ogre +2, know dev vs gnoll +2, know dev vs wolf +2, know dev vs human +1
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 2/5, shocking grasp castx3
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 1/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 am

2:25pm: Departing ThornburyImage Image
Gothrom and Hrandeth turn the wagons around and you pull the up to the Thornbury General Store. It takes about ten minutes to gather up some more provisions and feed for the extra horses. With the number of people you have, loading it on the big wagon only takes a few minutes.

Efficiently, you are mounted back up and heading south out of town beginning the trip back to Callenburg.
Image


OOC Note | Show
I moved you along a little bit. Coraline still has a question she was asked, and it makes a difference on traveling time for the return trip.

You also need to to settle and agree on the travel plans for riding and driving wagons if you want to make more than 8 hours of travel.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:08 am

With a nod to the captain, Coraline watches as he takes the two prisoners into custody. She only turns away once Kaedyn speaks. "I have not fought today, and riding for long periods of time is something I am used to. I am more than happy to continue on." Terra trots after the wagon eagerly, showing how much energy she still has.

Upon arriving at the general store, Coraline helps to load the wagon with the items they purchase. Any appearance of delicacy vanishes when she hauls feed bags over and places them inside without showing much effort. "Should we need anything else, I have some spare coin to contribute to the effort. Not much, but it will do for basics like these." She indicates to the saddlebags on Terra. "I try to travel light, at least in terms of items. I suppose I can't do that literally, considering my armor."

After mounting Terra again, Coraline follows them toward forest. "I will take whichever watches and rests are needed," she states. "For now, I should be fine. Though in case we get into combat, I suppose I should clarify how I fight. I tend to use Terra's speed for charging and using lance attacks. It requires room to maneuver, though I can fight on foot if needed. I do fairly well with my lance even without Terra's support. I've been meaning to pick up some other types of weapons to be on the safe side, but I was hoping to save some more money so I could get a well-made blade."

A slight shrug comes at this before she adds, "What about the rest of you? Is there anything I should know of how you fight? I can heal as well, so if anyone is hurt, I will do what I can to mend your wounds." Coraline glances around at the trees nearby, but does not spot anything that bears drawing attention to.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: 20
Current HP: 50/50
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: None.
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration

Current AC, Terra: 24
Current HP, Terra: 56/56
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:54 pm

“That’s good to know, Lady Solberg,” Phaeral said.

He considered her question.

“In battle, I use a bow and need to keep my distance from foes. I need a lot of mobility on the battlefield to line up the best shots, so don’t be surprised if you see me moving around a lot. In a pinch, if you hand off a healing wand to me, I would be able to use it to heal as well, but I don’t have magic that would let me heal on my own.”

He took his space at the front of the column, in case he needed to scout ahead. His black and brown mastiff, Mundo, trotted alongside.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:06 am

With Phaeral and Lady Solberg riding escort and Gothrom driving a wagon, Kaedyn tethered his own mount behind the large wagon next to the dwarf’s.

"I was an honorary holy knight of the Chapter House of Heironeous, despite being a battle cleric of Boldrei, god of community and hearth in a far away land. I have been working with the Adventurer's Guild for awhile now. I have the healing touch like most priests.”

“I am not the greatest of warriors, but I can hold my own with spear and javelin while afoot. But, I am not very skilled at fighting from horseback.”

“Nik, it would appear that you and I need to take the first rest break for a couple hours. Then we need to switch with Phaeral and Gothrom."


As the clatter of the hooves and the wagon wheels made conversation difficult, Kaedyn suggested they resume the discussion around the campfire that evening.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:10 am

Gothrom grunted in agreement.

"Aye, talk later. Too hard to hear yar yammering otherwise."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron