Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 am

Gothrom snorts at the news he is not evil and neither any of the others.

"Great, I am not fuckin' evil. Good to know." he said sarcastically to no one in particular as he clucked to get the wagon moving once again.

"Just don't go reading me thoughts, Lady," the dwarf grumbled. He was not interested in having people learn what he is really thinking.


combat information | Show
Character Sheet
Current AC: 20
Current HP: 53/63
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
On Belt: Dwarven Waraxe+1 (+10 Att; 1d10+5)
Conditions in Effect: None

Arrow Quiver: 20/20
Rage(7rnds): 2/2
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:48 am

On the road through the Tranym ForestKaedyn nods as the Paladin explains. It was as he suspected and it was satisfying to learn that the two prisoners were evil. Now he did not feel guilty about kicking the gnoll and his opinions of the druid are validated.

With the scout offering to share the road with the knightly woman, he wheels his horse around as the procession begins moving.

After a few moments, he calls over to the armored woman, "You mentioned our involvement with Callenburg having given you more reason to join us. Is there a tale to tell about that, lass?"


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Niknil nods as the paladin does her own checking. Again he did not blame the woman, and it showed that she had experience in the business if she was verifying for herself and not blindly taking their world.

“Aye, welcome. The more people fighting evil, the better I say.”

The duskblade turns his horse back down the trail as Gothrom gets the wagon moving again. The dark haired man chuckled at the dwarf’s reaction to Lady Solberg’s spell. Gothrom could be a bit rough around the edges.

Nikhil takes his place in the marking order, and looks on as he prepares to listen to whatever tale the paladin has.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect: bless, know dev vs ogre +2, know dev vs gnoll +2, know dev vs wolf +2, know dev vs human +1
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 2/5, shocking grasp castx3
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 1/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:30 am

After appearing to consider Phaeral's remarks, Coraline nods to him. "I doubt they register as evil. My guess is that they are mindless and merely following the orders of their leader. While that being would most likely be evil, the parasites would not be seen as such. That is, however, only a guess. I cannot be certain."

Coraline mounts Terra after speaking of that. The horse seems eager to get going, but responds to the tap on her side by going at a decent speed rather than galloping. The duo is soon at the middle of the group as suggested. "Yes, this should be fine. I can access either the front or back quickly from here," Coraline states.

Tilting her head at the dwarf's response, Coraline answers him by saying, "I do not think it was a remarkable service, but I am glad you appreciate it. Do not worry, reading thoughts is beyond my capabilities." Another snort comes from Terra at this. Though unlikely, it is almost as if the horse is showing exasperation at her rider completely missing the sarcasm from Gothrom.

Kaedyn receives a response shortly after he asks Coraline of Callenburg. "I would help either way. However, Callenburg is where I was born. I consider it my home, even though I travel a lot these days." She pauses before adding, "My parents are still in Callenburg, as is my husband, so I hope to be able to resume living there. I am not sure when that will be possible, though." Her gaze is distant, but she manages a smile toward Nikhil at his words.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: ??
Current HP: ??/?? (Max)
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: None.
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:16 am

Phaeral nodded.

“We have some good friends in Callenburg too. Rahn, a priest, and Ashleigh, a sorceress. And Rebel, our canine friend. We hope to catch up with them while we’re in town.”

He rode along, keeping a sharp eye out, alert for anything that might accost them on the way to Thornberry.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Nikhil was silent as Coraline gave them a bit more details of her background. The duskblade found the paladin curious as he was the first he ever met that was married. Such an occupation and devotion to faith must but a strain on the relationship. Coraline’s husband must be a good man for it.

At Phaeral mentioning of the others, Nikhil nodded. “Aye, perhaps we can look them up and see how they have been fairing on combating evil once we return to Callenburg.”

“So Lady Solberg, what far away lands have you been traveling to?”

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 38/38
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain
Conditions in Effect: bless, know dev vs ogre +2, know dev vs gnoll +2, know dev vs wolf +2, know dev vs human +1
Spells:
0-Level Remaining: 5/5
0-level spells known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Remaining: 2/5, shocking grasp castx3
1st-level spells known: Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Swift Expeditious Retreat
Spell Like Abilities: 1/4 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, ghost sound, read magic
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Coraline seems to perk up at the mention of Rebel. "Another dog? You must be good with animals. It is always nice to meet someone who is." She pats Terra's head, who nickers in response.

"Should we get a chance, I would like to meet these friends of yours. I suppose we will see how things go." Though she responds to Phaeral, Coraline keeps her eyes on their surroundings as well. Her lance remains close at hand, ready for any combat that might occur.

Coraline answers Nikhil with a quick glance while saying, "Hm... I have gone to many. It would take a while to recount them all. I am... searching for a specific being. When I track down this monster and kill it, my main goal will be accomplished. So not only do I travel to help others, I do so to seek and put an end to that creature." She turns her gaze to the road ahead as Terra's ears flick back and forward.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: ??
Current HP: ??/?? (Max)
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: None.
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Phaeral smiled.

“I do like dogs, yes. And Rebel is a very good dog. I am sure you’ll enjoy meeting him.”

As much as Phaeral enjoyed having Mundo around, there was something very special about Rebel, which was why he had the border collie go with Ashleigh. It made him feel a little better about the separation.

He mulled over what the Lady said about the creature she was hunting. “That sounds quite…dire,” he said, gravely.

He had noticed the Lady’s use of hedge words and a lack of specifics, which was interesting to him. He thought there must be a good reason for it.

“Do you feel that you are close to finding this…creature?”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:31 am

On the road through the Tranym ForestKaedyn continues riding along behind the wagons, the conversation being harder to hear over the clopping of the shod hooves on the hard packed road and the rattling of the wagons.

He is not aware of any precepts proscribing marriage in the service Heironeous, but only finds the paladin being married a mild curiosity. Perhaps they would meet him in due time.

"Our friends are working on gathering some information on these evil incursions that are plaguing the land. They took the crystal key that can be used to close or go through the portal the devils and their minions are using."

"But, we have not determined the location of the portal yet, and Ashleigh and Rahn are hoping to find out. If they cannot learn anything in Callenburg, they are going to locate Saint Justinian's Library in the hopes they can find the information there, pouring over old manuscripts and the like, I think."

"However, we only just parted company with them so they will need time, perhaps a week or two. Depends on where that library is located."

"In the meantime, we are dealing with the vileness right around here. We can talk more about that on the way to Callenburg and you can tell us about this monster you hunt."


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:36 am

2:00pm: Arriving back at ThornburyTraveling along you make a short break for some lunch about midway back to the village. You make much slower time with the wagons and mules.

It is still early afternoon when the village of Thornbury comes into view and your caravan of two wagons passes through the outskirts from the north to enter amongst the rural buildings. Your arrival was expected and one of the militia guards on sentry had sent a runner to fetch the Captain immediately.

By the time you have your wagons halted near The Laughing Plowboy Inn, just before reaching the village square, the Captain of the Guards is approaching.

Image
Athenos Destrani still looks stern and is all business, "I have heard from the Jenkins boys that you were pursuing the gnolls and trying to track them. They also informed me of what you found at the ambush location..."

"But what is this?"
He gestures to the two wagons.

He moves closer and around to see the two prisoners. He doesn't comment about the gnome driving one of the wagons yet, nor even pays any attention the addition of an armored woman in your midst.

Captain Destrani's face changes as he recognizes the druid, "I know this one! He was causing disruptions out at the keep's construction sight. Has he been behind these troubles?"

Jebadoh only glares at the Captain.

Brindlenak is still unconscious and says nothing.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Nikhil » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Nikhil sat above his horse as the group came to a stop near the towns inn. The guard captain seems somewhat pleased to see them, and the duskblade tries to subtle glance at the man's neck, but gives up. It is doubtful that they had the parasites, but it would become apparent once they told their tale.

"Aye, you could say that. He's no saint that is for sure. His motives were of chaos and disruption."

Nikhil looks to the others, wondering if they should wait until they are behind closed doors before debriefing the captain fully. No use causing a panick amongst the villages.

"We also rescued the gnome trader here, and his spices. Seems he was waylayed by the gnolls. "


Nikhil dismounted finally. He stretched his legs a bit, but kept a hold of the reins of his horse for now.
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Kaedyn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 am

In the Village of ThornburyKaedyn doesn't waste any time once the Captain of the guard presents himself, he dismounts and approaches the man. He extends a hand in greeting, shifting his longspear to the left.

Continuing the explanation started by Nikhil he adds, "Aye, we have brought back some culprits to turn over to you. While these blighters have been more trouble to the caravans, at least the druid has confessed to wanting to cause harm to the village here."

"Be wary of the gnoll when you wake him up, he has quite the temper. I recommend kicking him often to get his attention and keeping him in line."


Standing beside the Captain he drops his voice lower, the deep bass rumbling as he asked, "I do have a question for you, Captain. May we see the back of your neck?" he made a gesture for the other man to turn around.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 23 (20 Flat-footed / 11 Touch) 21 without shield
Current HP: 23/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
condition in effect: none

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Wand of CLW: 22 Charges Remaining
Destroy Undead: (DC=19, 6d6 damage): 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining:
Orisons 5/5 (Guidance x 2, Light, Detect Magic x 2)
1st level 4/4+D (Bless, Bane, Doom, Divine Favor, Disrupt Undead(D))
2nd level 3/3+D (Spiritual Weapon, Silence, Sound Burst, Spiritual Weapon (D))
3rd level 2/2+D (Magic Vestment, Magic Circle vs. Evil, Searing Light (D))
Touch of Healing = 6HP/9HP
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:38 am

2:00pm: Near the Town Square of ThornburyImage
Captain Destrani looks at the battle priest curiously and replies, "Well, that is a strange request... I see that you are not joking are you? Would you care to explain?" he turns around and reveals a clean neck, free of the attached aberrations you found in the gnoll camp.

Turning back, he notices the satisfied expression on Kaedyn's face and he addresses the whole of you.

"I suppose we can deal with two prisoners. The gnoll we will likely execute. I cannot burden the jail with keeping him alive. That man there, I will gladly take off your hands and pack him off to the garrison headquarters. I know my superior will want to deal with him."

Jebadoh just groans and closes his eyes.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:37 am

Phaeral nodded, his face very serious.

“Yes, Captain, we will explain in privacy, if you will.”

He motioned for the captain to bring his mount to the side, so they could speak privately in low tones.

“It is a very odd situation, but one that is important for you to understand,” Phaeral said.

He then explained about the parasites, and how they seemed to be controlling their hosts at the behest of the ‘Master’. Phaeral also showed the captain the dead parasites they had collected.

“So it is very important you check people’s necks, especially leaders of the community, and anyone in a strategic position to harm the community in some way, like the people who are responsible for maintaining your well water and such.”

He looked around at his grim-faced companions.

“We intend to look into this further, so if there is a way you could have people checked without causing undue panic or sending the rumors flying, we would appreciate it. Perhaps you could have the town physician check people for a ‘rash’ that is going around – nothing life-threatening, just inconvenient.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.
Current AC: 18 (17+1 skirmish AC) (15 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 21/42 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow.
Conditions in effect: None.
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: The Tranym Forest [IC]

Postby Celtic Guardian 7 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Coraline smiles at the mention of Rebel, but it fades at Phaeral's next question. "I do not believe that I am close at all." She nods to Kaedyn while adding, "Yes, let us talk more of this when we get there. With these parasites running around, we might be short on time."

The rest of the trip is made in silence from Coraline, who continues being vigilant. She dismounts as they arrive at the town, but does not speak immediately at seeing the captain. Since she has not witnessed what the group was doing, she feels it is best to let them take the lead. That, and while she can infer the rank of this man, she does not know him personally.

A slight smile comes to Coraline at the response from the captain on the matter of seeing his neck. She can understand that sentiment fully. But she also knows why Kaedyn requests it, and does not remark on the matter. She frowns slightly at the mention of executing the gnoll, but does not speak against it. Terra nudges her hand, and a bit of warmth comes to Coraline's expression as she strokes the horse.

Only after Phaeral has finished his explanation does Coraline finally speak up, giving a small bow in the process. "Captain, I am Coraline Roydon Solberg, a paladin of Heironeous. I am in this area to deal with an evil that I heard was present. I met this group on their way through the forest. Since they appear to know more of the matter than I do, I asked if I could join to assist in their efforts. They have agreed to this. So if there is anything that is in my power that I can do to help, rest assured that I will." She goes silent again while straightening.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: None.

Current AC: ??
Current HP: ??/?? (Max)
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Lance.
Conditions: None.
Lay on Hands: 0/15 used.
Smite Evil: 0/2 used.
Turn Undead: 0/6 used.
Spells, Level 1: Lesser Restoration
Celtic Guardian 7
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron