Grp C: To meet a wizard [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: To meet a wizard [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 am

Phaeral looked at Ashleigh and Gothrom somberly.

“Well, it’s done. I hope he would have approved. In any case, that was a good thought about cleaning everything up, Ashleigh. They will waste time looking and not understand what has happened.”

He helped everyone secure the gear that they had gathered, and to clean up the mess left in the wizard’s home. Once they got back to a civilized place, they would have to sell off the items they had recovered from the ogres.

Phaeral wiped his brow and ran a hand through the damp strands of hair that fell across his brow.

“Whew. All right, now that our task is done, are we agreed on our next step?”
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Re: Grp C: Back in Father Darrenson's Office [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:31 am

With the cleanup tasks completed and the looted items stored on the horses, Ashleigh replies to the scout, "I guess I am ready to go. We can lock the door when we leave, Phaeral. There was a key on the wizard's body."

"I think we should go to Thornburry on the way back. That way we can perhaps get some of the gear sold and these other items identified as soon as possible. Besides, a stay in the inn will be welcome."

"We can also ask about that library. I am not sure where it is, but it would be too funny if we went all the way back to Callenburg to only find out that is was just over the hill from here."

The red-headed warlock moves to get up on her horse.
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am

“Yeah, that’s a good idea.”

Phaeral nodded, and took one last look into the house, now cleaned and tidied, as if nothing awful had happened there. He sighed and took the key and locked the door. Then he walked over to his horse, patting the palomino mare’s neck gently. He gave her a sugar cube, then turned to give Rebel as treat as well.

“Good boy, Rebel. Well, it’s back on the road for us. Stick close to Ashleigh again, all right?”

The black and white collie wagged his tail vigorously to show he understood.

Then Phaeral stuck his foot in the stirrup and swung his leg over the horse. He nudged the mare forward so he would be at the head of the group again. When everyone was ready, he started leading them forward, back down the trail through the Darkwood.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Mounting along with the others, Rahn gives a last look at the house while he wishes the elf's spirit well one last time. Once on top his horse with the others, he agrees with the plan to head to Thornburry. "Aye, I'm sure they would like to know about roving ogre's as well. "

The cleric doesn't have much more to say and is ready to head out with the others.
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby Gothrom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm

"Thornberry it is." Gothrom agrees, climbing clumsily into his saddle. He kicks his mare softly on the flanks, hoping to get her moving, but she only sniffs at him and waits for the other horses to start before following at her own pace, heedless of her rider.
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Ashleigh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:44 am

Almost predicting the dwarf would agree, he likes his drink after all, Ashleigh thinks about the upcoming journey to find a library. Without a wizard in the group, it falls to her and Rahn for such things of arcane and magical nature.

All the while she they make their way down the trail that leads to the road west to Callenburg, she is silent in her contemplation.

When they find the secluded campsite from the night before, she approaches Rahn after supper, before the watches start, "Rahn, I think the task of researching will fall upon you and I. Gothrom's and Phaeral's strengths lie in other things. But, I am not a scholar either."

"Perhaps between your knowledge and mine we can figure it out."

She is actually thinking that Gothrom's presence in such a locale would have the opposite effect of being beneficial, but she keeps those thoughts to herself.
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:57 am

Phaeral emerged from the woods with a young deer and proceeded to field dress the carcass.

“I’ll make deer steaks tonight, instead of stew,” he told the others, as he began to prepare the evening’s meal. He gave Rebel the scraps, and the dog ate them happily, wagging his tail.

As he tended to the meal over the fire, Phaeral glanced over at Gothrom.

“So, Gothrom, you seemed particularly apt at fighting those ogres,” he said, turning over one of the steaks on the pan. “Is that something you trained to do in your homeland?”
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Rahn kicks his horse to follow in line with the rest of the others. At mention of steaks, the cleric's stomach grumbles a bit at the thought. "Hehe, that sounds good, been awhile for that."

The cleric then listens in on the question directed at Gothrom, eager to hear what the dwarf has to say about fighting ogres. Maybe the cleric could learn something useful, if this was to become a regular occurrence.

At the young warlocks suggestion, Rahn agrees, "Yes, That would probably best. We can put our heads together at the library and see what we can find out."
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby Gothrom » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:03 pm

"Kicking arse is what we're trained to do, in my homeland", Gothrom replies boastfully, eyes locked on the steaks sizzling in the pan. "That and stoneworking, but the Blackhammer clan are better known for the former." He grins widely, showing yellow teeth through the thick black tangles of his beard. "Kicking ogre arse specifically, now, that's in the blood of all dwarves!"
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Ashleigh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:17 am

Ashleigh chuckles at the dwarf's bravado.

She enjoys her share of the meal, but cannot finish and gives the rest to Rebel smiling as the dog gobbles it up.

"He enjoys your cooking, Phaeral. That or he has a bottomless stomach," she jokes with a light giggle as she pets the dog and gets licked in the face in return.
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Phaeral laughed.

“I think it’s more at, everyone likes a fresh steak.”

He smiled at Ashleigh. Her mood seemed to have recovered after the unfortunate way her relationship with Raddick had ended, and it was good to see her laughing again. It seemed her nature to be joyful rather than withdrawn, perhaps a hallmark of her fae heritage. Phaeral turned and helped to clean up the meal agreeably. They would have enough for the next night’s meal as well.

He nodded at the dwarf.

“Well, Gothrom, we’re glad you’re with us, especially if we have to run into more ogres.”

After setting the usual watch rotations, everyone settled down to sleep in turns. Nothing disturbed them in the night, and they rose in the morning, tended to their daily routines, then got an early start. They would reach the crossroads in no time.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Ashleigh » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:14 am

Ashleigh nods in agreement, "Ogres, giants or some kegs of nefarious ale."

After a restful night off-watch, she completes her morning ritual of some bathing in the nearby stream and a naked frolicking run around in the woods to air dry before putting her quickly laundered clothes back on. Since the morning air was a bit nipply, her checks are a bit flush afterwards and her breasts rear the slight chill in the air through her clothing since she has not put her chain shirt back on yet.

Backing up her stuff on her horse's saddlebags, she dons her light armor and hunts around for that finely crafted shortspear she carries around, but has yet to actually use. Finding it discarded in the leftover wood pile for their campfire, she hustles to join up with her companions who are already mounting the horses ready to depart.

"Sorry, thought I lost it. Let us go. Thornberry here we come."

Buy what Paragone told them, Ashleigh remembers that they will reach the crossroads just after midday and should easily reach the village by late afternoon.
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Rahn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Rahn compliments the scout for the fine steak as he prepares for the night and watch. In the morning, he spends his usual hour of mediation, restoring his divine powers. Breaking camping and mounting up with the others, the cleric is ready to press on for the day.
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 am

Switching to the other Thread with Nikhil and Kaedyn. viewtopic.php?f=385&t=5995&p=215967#p215967

This one is locked down.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Previous

Return to Group C Threads