Grp C: Hunting the Barghest [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: Storming the Keep [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 am

Ashleigh waves farewell to Sir Kaedyn and then replies to Rahn, "I suppose a drink of wine will help me sleep tonight."

She hands Raddick his magical torch since he no longer has his hands full.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None
Standard Action:
Free Action:

Current AC: 18 (15 Flat-footed / 13 Touch)
Current HP: 21/21 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Shortspear
Conditions in effect: DR3/Cold Iron; Darkvision & See Invisible
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Re: Grp C: Hunting the Barghest [IC]

Postby Raddick » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:43 am

Raddick feels much better as the cleric's spell restores him back to normal health. The second spell deals with most of the dwarf's wounds too, and Rahn can deal with the rest of the minor cuts that remain with his orisons.

Before the knight leaves, he finishes their deal on the longbow and hands over the glaive.

Taking back the Everburning torch, he tucks it away in his pack. He looks happy now that they are no longer dealing with the militia, "Why yes! Let's have a a drink of three, we certainly deserve it. Come on, babe. I will get us some Furyondian Rose. It is sweet, almost like dessert."

Putting a friendly arm around Ashleigh, he starts heading towards the tavern. Fido gives a friendly yip, voicing his agreement for something or just the general feeling of good cheer.

Free Action:
Standard Action:
Move Action:

Current AC: 20 (21 w/ Dodge) (20 Flat-footed / 12 Touch / 22 with Shield)
Current HP: 16/31 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Conditions in effect: Bless +1 Attack

Fido:
Actions: Guard Ashleigh

Current AC: 16 (14 flat-footed / 12 Touch)
Current HP: 17/17 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite +3 (1d6+3)
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Gothrom » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:25 am

As usual, Gothrom protests as Rahn steps up to heal him but does not actually stop him from casting his spells. "Thank ya, then", he mutters begrudgingly once most of his wounds have closed up.

He will follow the group back to the Adventurer's Guild for three drinks or ten.
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Rahn » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:28 am

Rahn also follows the others back to the nearest bar or Adventurer's Guild for a good stout drink.
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:21 am

After a few hours in the Guild tavern, a few of you are pretty drunk. At some point Ashleigh and Raddick slipped away. Rahn and Phaeral were getting friendly with a set of twins, but they were too drunk to close the deal. Gothrom continued to make friendly acquaintance with a bearded dwarven female from before, exhibiting patience in his tactics.

The next morning you all meet to divvy up the treasure and loot from the fight the previous night. Ashleigh and Raddick fail to show up for breakfast and the business scheduled for the morning. You get the potions identified (one of Darkvision and one of Magic Fang) and sell the unneeded equipment. Figuring they are still making the beast with two backs, you press on without them and finish up.

The noon hour finds the three of you in the Guild's tavern for lunch and wondering if Ashleigh and Raddick are going to join you.

** Updated Treasury **
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Ashleigh » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:38 am

Ashleigh arrives in the Adventurer's Guild's Tavern within a few moments, an unhappy look upon her face. She plops down in a empty seat and notices the questioning looks of her companions.

She explains, "Raddick is not joining us. We are to leave his share of the treasure with Grog."

Before anyone can question her further, she wipes a tear from her eye and continues, "After a wonderful time last night, I asked of him his plan to marry me. I explained that I had no intention of losing my virginity without marriage being promised at least. He..."<sniff> "said that he was sorry, but he was not ready to settle down..." <sniff> "He grabbed his belongings and left..." <sniff> "the look on his face was... he looked like I scared him."

Ashleigh blows her nose into a hanky and her eyes grow cold, "Screw him. I don't need a man."

Seeing the potions marked with identification markings on the table, she asks, "I see you took care of those. Who is going to hang onto the new potions? I suggest Phaeral take the Magic Fang and Darkvision. Rahn you can hang onto the Reduce Person along with the other potions in your pouches. Unless you want to sell some of them?"

Standard Action:
Free Action:

Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 am

“I…that’s terrible, Ashleigh. I’m sorry that happened.”

Phaeral looked at Ashleigh carefully, but the young warlock’s countenance had already hardened, her eyes hard. While Phaeral didn’t blame Raddick for not being ready for marriage after one encounter, he didn’t think Raddick leaving abruptly was the best way to handle it, either.

“You’re right, you don’t need a man. You’re strong and beautiful all on your own. And you know your friends support you.”

He reached across the table and squeezed her hand, then turned his attention to business, as he was sure she preferred.

“That division of the potions sounds fine. I’ll keep them in my pouch. In the meantime, before we go on another trek, should we get our own dog since, uh, Fido isn’t with us anymore? It might be nice to have a dog around again.”
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Rahn adverts his eyes and looks elsewhere as Ashleigh has her momentary break down. He wasn't surprised that Raddick had took off. He didn't seem the type to be tied down to one woman. Perhaps it was for the best.

After the warlock collects herself, and Phareal offers some comforting words, and begins talking about the division of the potions, Rahn clears his throat and joins in. "Sounds good to me. Phareal, are you able to handle an animal companion, because I sure as can't. They never listen to me."
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby Ashleigh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 am

Ashleigh's expression softens to sadness again at the mention of Fido. She says softly with another sniffle, "I will miss him too. He was a good protector."

Tucking away her feelings again she asks, "Do you want to buy another dog before we see Father Darrenson again, or after?" Focusing on tasks or actions they can do helps take her mind off her hurt feelings.

Standard Action:
Free Action:

Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 am

“Let’s do it after,” Phaeral said. “Then we won’t have to rush. We can take our time and find the right dog, one who’ll be a good protector.”

He offered Ashleigh an encouraging smile, then turned to Rahn.

“I know a little about dogs. We had them in my village. I’m not as experienced as, um, some people, but I want to learn more. It’ll be good just to have one around as a guard.”

Phaeral pushed the half of his sandwich he hadn’t yet touched toward Ashleigh.

“Come on, Ash, you should eat something before we go to the church.”
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Continuing on about the dog, Rahn says, "Aye, we can look into getting one after we see the Father I say. Perhaps he can even direct us to a good place to find one."
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby Ashleigh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 am

Ashleigh's accepts the sandwich with a slight smile of thanks.

In between bites, she comments, "I think we know of all of the shops and merchants that deal in that sort of thing in Callenburg already. But, we can inquire here in the Guild to see which is best. I am not sure we need to trouble the good Father about something like that."

"If I recall, there was some discussion of getting mounts if we needed to travel farther in the course of our next assignments too."
She finishes the sandwich and gestures that she is ready to go when the others are.

Standard Action:
Free Action:

Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:15 am

“I wonder if we could pay more money and get a wolf-dog,” Phaeral mused.

He was killing time to make sure that Ashleigh ate her sandwich before they left. It was important that she eat and keep up her strength, even though she was despondent.

“You know, a dog that is mixed with wild wolf blood. I would imagine it would be bigger and stronger than a normal dog, but still tame enough to train. Well, it’s a thought. Maybe there’s someone who offers such a thing. You’re right, Ashleigh, we should ask here at the Guild.”

Phaeral paused, and glanced around.

“Let me see if I can find someone to ask.”

He walked up to the bar to make some inquiries, about either the best dogs in the city, or a vendor that sold more exotic animals.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Rahn watches as the scout heads off to inquire about dogs, wolf-dogs and the like. He sits in awkard silence as Ashleigh finishes up the sandwich before asking, "Well, now with this nasty business of the sword and fiend over with, think the Guild has another job lined up for us?"
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 am

Grog is at his usual place at behind the bar. He chuckles at Phaeral's question, a sound similar to gravel rattling around.

"Har, ectoxik animals be dif'cult ta cum by. Der was a fool wizard dat came true har day befur yest'day wit a fookin' dino. Dat knight friend o' yurs helped ta bring him down."

"Now dat fool be in da Const'ble's lockup and outta bidness. Go see Ederin Teron, da gnome dat runs Teron’s Super'r Outfittin' and Equipm't Guild fur gud dogs."

"Say, ya wanna taste da dino? Got sum kebobs onna stick."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Group C Threads