Grp C: OOC Thread

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Grp C: OOC Thread

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:54 pm

New OOC Thread for Group C
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: [OOC] Group C

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Alright, sub-forum is setup. There is a separate thread for your party notes that includes the master Experience listing and separate posts for party notes and your treasury.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Brunhilde » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 am

Just checking in. Almost missed it, sitting all alone at the top of the page ;)

As you've given us a separate sub-forum all of our own, does this mean you've got bigger plans for the group? Really like the dynamic here so I'm very happy to take on something a bit more substantial.

And Season's Greetings to you all. Very glad that PM let me know about this place.
Adventurer's Guild: Brunhilde
Brunhilde
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Actually, yes I do plan to continue with you guys and not add anyone else to join.

After you start wrapping up this current mission, I will open the discussion on where to go next. So far there are a few possibilities to expand upon IC and when it is time, you should maybe discuss them between your characters.

But as I have thought about things, I am prepared to go in three different directions. You can follow-up on the orcs or the lizardfolk, based on previous encounters. Of you can just return to Callenburg and take on something new. Since I have plenty of lead time, I can cater more towards what your characters want to do rather than railroad you into something. But with any option, you do need to return to Callenburg to sell and re-equip.

This was my primary reason for moving you into a sub-forum as I wanted a separate OOC thread and the ability to add multiple IC threads without intermingling them with the other groups.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:30 am

Sorry if things are moving fast in the IC thread, but this is essentially a dungeon crawl and I think it is better to do it in larger chunks rather than room by room. So I will probably not wait for everyone to post that they are just moving along after the scouts.

But feel free to do things along the way, even if I have moved on. No need to skip anything you think is important.

Also, the Character background thread has been started, but so far only Ashleigh's is posted. Maybe some of you still need to write yours. :wink:

@Brunhilde. Let me know if you need what you wrote in Sunless Citadel. I can send it to you in a PM pretty quickly.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Brunhilde » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:55 pm

@GM - yes, if you wouldn't mind sending me Brunhilde's background, thanks.
Brunhilde
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:44 pm

@Brunhilde; Done and sent.

I do like the format (courtesy of DM Angel) I used for Ashleigh. I think it helps put things into correct perspective for getting into character and shouldn't bee too difficult.

BTW, I have left the Party Notes and Treasures thread unlocked. If you want to track your inventory in an individual post like Gothrom does in RHD, you are welcome to. Just link the post in your signature, please.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Do you guys want to role-play getting the lighthouse back into operation and re-staffed? Technically your mission was really just fact finding.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gothrom » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm

No point roleplaying it, as long as we get to know what happens to it.
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 pm

No problem on finding out what happens if you turn it over to Seawell to deal with.

Rahn's suggestion about splitting into two groups is okay. He and I actually discussed that possibility over the holiday break. It is one of the reasons I went and created a sub-forum so I can have two IC threads running simultaneously if necessary. 8)

Some DMs would suggest that a group stays together, but in this case I could see a legitimate reason to send 1-2 people back to get the ship. What took you guys 3 hours at normal pace for the medium armored people, could be done faster with those who are not so encumbered. So if I plan an encounter for one group, I could always plan an encounter for the other group as well so no one misses out on a chance for XP or death. :mrgreen: Same thing about leaves one group hanging on pause while the other has a combat to resolve. I am enjoying your group, pace and interaction so I am have more incentive to make things enjoyable for you all in return.

From this point on in your adventures, I am giving you a little more freedom to choose your own destiny on how you want to proceed. Outside of returning to Seawell and then doing buying/selling in Callenburg (which I assume you want to do), you can help determine what you want to tackle next.

I have left some adventure hooks open and I can handle them if you decide that's what you want to do. Given Brunhilde's desire to not do swashbuckling, pirate hunting on the seas is not one of them, BTW. I also have no plan to follow up on Brunhilde's unpublished background of trying to find her sister, but I could work something up on that plot-line to move to your next adventure if that's desirable. If anyone else gets their backgrounds done and leaves a plot/adventure hook in them, I might even consider that too.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with returning to meet with Deves and getting your next assignment that way as well. Fancy some kobold brew. :wink:
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 am

Oh, that would be really interesting, to look for Brunhilde's sister. I would really enjoy that kind of quest, to have it be personal for one of the party.

I have been pondering Phaeral's background, but I'm burdened by what has already been said canonically - that he failed the test of manhood in his village and now looking to redeem himself. It's hard for me to reconcile the idea of someone actually admitting that, freely and to strangers - I'm thinking perhaps that's just what he tells people, and the truth is actually far worse.

Anyway, maybe we should wrap things up and all head back together, as Phaeral suggested, and then head back to Seawell, report, and see if something has come up. If everyone agrees, an adventure that ties some guild assignment in with looking for Brunhilde's sister would be my vote, or otherwise, perhaps some other assignment that Deves has for us.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

I think we should at least sell the bulk items to the captain and possibly some items from the lighthouse before leaving. It doesn't matter if we all head back or split up to me. Makes more sense to split it IC wise. Leaving a couple to guard the loot from whatnot.

After heading back to town, I'm up for whatever tho. My character does have business in Callenburg, ie signing up for the Guild.
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:09 pm

At this point, do what you like with Phaeral's background. I don't even remember much of what Chips originally posted, just that Phaeral was pretty chatty while being a little cagey about his past. But I do feel for you, it was pretty difficult for me to piece together Ashleigh's from what Fenris posted IC.

I am not hearing any desire to go hunting lizardfolk then? I do have an idea that would make it so you don't have to return to Callenburg for re-outfitting, completing it is Seawell. So we can potentially remove that trip being immediately necessary from the decision making process.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Rahn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:56 am

Well, if the only reason we would need to go back to Callenburg is so I can sign up for the Guild, then we don't need to if we've been provided a way to sell our loot, and purchase stuff, then I don't really need to go back to the big city.
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby Brunhilde » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am

Probably best not to tie the next adventure to Brunhilde's background as I think I'm going to take a break for a while. I made a New Year's resolution to stop spending so much time online, so I'm trying to scale back my gaming. Not sure I'm going to be able to maintain the pace of a 1 post per day game so if we get back to a central point like Callenburg, then I can step out without causing any major headaches, and be in a good location for re-integration at some stage down the line.
Brunhilde
Villager
Villager

Next

Return to Group C Threads