Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:59 am

Constable Fawkes gestures for the men-at-arms to take the orc to the town's jail. Two hook arms under Bogbad's armpits and drag the unfortunate prisoner away, backwards with his heals dragging in the dirt. The Constable says, "Well, I guess we will let the magistrate decide what to do with him then."

Mayor Stanton took in your explanations and smiles grimly, "I am glad your venture was successful, but it is too bad about Mirval Kojar and his family. But I guess I should have figured something must have happened to him out there in the lighthouse."

Constable Fawkes addresses the lizardfolk issue, "We can deal with the lizardfolk. With shipping opened up, our small town will start to prosper again. We should be able to turn the tide on this tribe and push them back."

The Mayor replies, "Hmmm, quite. Well, it would seem that the reward is justified. I will send your gold over to the inn. I assume you will be spending the night before pushing on."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12123
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Rahn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm

"Aye, at least that's where I'll be. I hear a hot meal and some ale calling my name." Seeing that everything is done here, Rahn bids good day to the constable and mayor and starts to walk towards the inn. Having joined up with the group just before they set sailed the other day, Rahn will need to get a room at the Inn for the night. He looks back at the dwarf and others, "You coming?"
User avatar
Rahn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Gothrom » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 pm

"Aye, we will", Gothrom replies to the mayor. "I hope the town's supply of ale wasn't too badly affected, 'cause yer like to run out tonight!". He slaps his belly as he erupts in a bout of laughter.

Rahn wrote:He looks back at the dwarf and others, "You coming?"


"Right behind you"
, Gothrom replies as he hurries to catch up. He gives Rahn a not-so-light slap in the back as he reaches him. "Can't wait to get the taste of that healing brew out of me mouth!"
User avatar
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Brunhilde » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:58 am

Brunhilde grinned at the others. 'Normally I'd steer clear of that stuff you drink Gothrom, but after all the excitement of the last couple of days, maybe just the one!'. She gave the dwarf a wink, adding 'let's see how your drinking compares with your axe-swinging'.

'Now we just need to decide what to do with all of this' she says, her brow furrowing as she surveys the various crates, boxes and barrels that have been unloaded from Captain McCoy's ship. 'Ach, I'm sure we can sort it out tomorrow...'.
Adventurer's Guild: Brunhilde
User avatar
Brunhilde
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 am

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:49 am

Phaeral smiled at the others’ banter.

“Yeah, I’m looking forward to a nice cold ale myself.”

He wouldn’t dare try to compete in a drinking contest, however. Particularly with Gothrom.

“And a hot meal. Though I have to say, that freshly-seared snake was one of the better meals I’ve had in a long time.”

He laughed, quietly.

“Let’s go, then.”
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:35 am

Ashleigh follows along with the others to the town's inn, "I am not so interested in too much ale, but you boys go right ahead. Last time I was a little ill afterward. But a decent meal would not be amiss and maybe a little wine to wash it down."

The warlock blushes a little at being complimented for her unique cooking of the snake, "I did not know I was such a good cook out in the swamp. Perhaps we should take to searing more game while we are out in the wilderness."
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Return to Seawell

Postby PMiller » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 am

You find your way back to the inn and tavern that you visited when last in Seawell. The common room is not too busy, a few local townsfolk are drinking some ale and keeping to themselves quietly at their own table. The same older and plump serving wench comes out of the kitchen dressed in her plain attire and serving apron and smiles in greeting, "Hello dearies, back again I see. What can I get for you today?"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12123
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Rahn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Rahn finds a table for the group and nods in acknowledgment to the serving wench. "Get us a pitcher of some of your ale with 5 mugs, and I'd like whatever special you have." Rahn then takes a seat, setting his backpack and gear down on the floor with a sigh.
User avatar
Rahn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 am

“Four mugs, right, Rahn?” Phaeral said as he sat down. “And a glass of wine for Ashleigh. Specials all around, I’m thinking.”

He smiled at the others, stretching out his legs under the table.

“So, is it too early to talk about what we should do next? I would like to keep working with you guys. I think we make a good team.”
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Gothrom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:15 am

"What's the special? Is it fish again?", Gothrom asks the serving wench, making no effort to hide his disgust at the thought of another bowl of fish stew. If the special is fish, he'll order something with beef or horse meat, without care for the cost.

"Damn right!"
, Gothrom enthusiastically agrees with Phaeral. He wishes that the ale had already been brought, so that he could raise a toast to the statement. "With my skills and all that other stuff ya guys do, I think we could be damn near unstoppable. We should go back to yer guild and ask yer guildmaster for the toughest job he's got! We could be rich and famous in no time!"
User avatar
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: Return to Seawell

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:43 pm

The serving woman smiles, "Sure dearies, a round of drinks for ye in few moments."

Image

"For food today we have some breaded and fried fish with vegetables. We also have some break that was baked this morning and some cheese. If the fish is not too your liking, there is some mutton stew left over from lunchtime we can heat up for ye."

While you are eating, the Mayor Delivers the payment and buys you another pitcher of house wine. You are able to get rooms for the night and get a decent breakfast in the morning.

spoiler: show
OOC: You can advance yourselves to morning and even purchasing a pack mule or whatever to go with it.

Deducted 6 gp from the Treasury for your stay in the inn overnight, 2 meals, and some ale & wine. Added in the reward and converted the stuff sold to Captain MacCoy to cash.

I colored the items that can be unloaded in Seawell. If you wish we can convert them to cash now. The jewelry needs appraising and such, best done at the Guild.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12123
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Ashleigh enjoys the fried fish and vegetables, even has an extra glass or two of wine to drink. "Why yesh, I think we are a mighty group of heroes." She sloshes some wine as she drunkenly toasts the group's success, "Ooops, silly me. I appear to be a little enebra.... anabria... ah, inebriated. Yesh, that's sright. Hic."

After a bit more to drink, she is almost in danger of passing out. Funny though, she did not appear to drink all that much wine really, no more than 3-4 glasses. Perhaps she is just not used to drinking that much and overdid it.

She is ready to turn in, properly escorted and tucked in by the pleasant serving woman to keep her virtue from being taken advantage of.
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Rahn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:00 pm

After a full belly from a good hot meal, and plenty to drink in celebration, Rahn stumbles to bed, and sleeps like the dead. In the morning, he wakes up with the sun, and performs his daily devotions. Afterwards, he heads down to the common room on the inn for breakfest. While waiting for the others to join him, Rahn inquires about a pack male.
User avatar
Rahn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Phaeral rose early the next morning and went for a run outside in the fresh air before returning to the inn to clean up, then join the others for breakfast.

He saw that Rahn was already there, but the others had not yet arrived. Phaeral assumed it was because they had been drinking a little more heavily than he and Rahn had the night before.

“Good morning,” he said to the priest. “It’s a fine day out.”

He ordered a hot tea with some fried eggs, and a biscuit.

“So I guess we have some details to take care of this morning. We should sell what we can here and buy a mule to haul the rest, then start heading back to Callenburg. Should we leave today, I wonder?”
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby Ashleigh » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:32 am

Ashleigh wakes up with a little hangover, but her virtue untouched. Joining the others for breakfast she sits down and says softly, "Good morning." Eyes squinting a little as her head hurts a bit.

After some bread, cheese and sausage, washed down with some herbal tea, she feels better.

Hearing Phaeral mention plans for the day, she says, "Sounds like a plan, unload some things we can sell in this village to reduce the bulk of our loot. We should be able to get a donkey without worry. But none of us has any skill in handling animals do they? I sure don't, never acquired the knack on the farmstead."

"Maybe we should also hire a handler too. We have the money to afford it."
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron