Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

The adventures of Phaeral, Nikhil, Kaedyn, and Dorn.

Moderator: PMiller

Grp C: Investigating the Coast [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:45 am

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN LISTED BELOW, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***

Current Participants: Group C
Fenris: Female Human Warlock, Ashleigh Carlisle
Grufflehead: Female Halfling Barbarian, Brunhilde Willowfoot
DM Sirine: Human Male Scout, Phaeral Oeri
DM Helios: Dwarf Male Fighter, Gothrom
Herzog: Human Male Cleric, Rahn Valos

Chipszambia: Human Male Scout, Phaeral
grunt90: Male Human Cleric; Jheval Varden
Last edited by PMiller on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 am

After breaking fast in the morning the group is ready to set out, meeting just outside the Adventurer's Guild. Weather is cloudy and overcast. The journey to Seawell is about 16 hours of walking and it starts with the first steps.

OOC: Some things as we get started.
1. I need everyone to state their weapon readiness (what is in hand and what is stowed) conditions IC while traveling and whenever they change.
2. I need an idea of your marching order worked out IC as well.
3. If anyone has Knowledge Nature, you can use it to try and predict the weather.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Chipszambia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 am

Phaeral
Image

Well rested and with a tent to replace the one he lost on the journey to Callenburg, Phaeral is ready to depart.

Looking to the people around him, Phaeral says: "Let us begin. Seawell is not far and I will be glad to hear Fharlanghn's call again. How shall we proceed while marching? I propose to bring up the rear and cover our backs. Although I would also be content near the front, for I am a scout by nature."

OOC:
1: Shortbow in hand, everything else packed away.

3: Unless you are rolling for me; my roll is: Knowledge Nature= 1d20+6 → [14,6] = (20)
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby grunt90 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Jheval varden

----------------------------------------

Jheval returns from purchasing his extra rations and meets with the rest outside of the guild. He shifts his feet in the dust as the clouds over head cover the suns bright gaze. He hefts his wooden round shield onto his back, and adjusts his mace on his hip into position. Quickly he gave his scalemail armor a few tugs to straighten out the leather and padding underneath and raised his hand to smooth his hair on his head back into a dark pony tail. With every movement he made his wooden holy symbol of Pelor that hung around his neck clatterered against the metal scales adding to the low murmur of the city around him. He made sure his pack was straight and secure, and looked to the skies.

" I hope the shining one breaks the cloud cover, rain would make this much more worse than it will be. As long as it doesn't downpour, going to Seawell won't actually be that bad. I''m ready to go when everyone else is and I'll take up middle somewhere if you want, I can't track or do anything in that nature."


ooc: everything is put away since walking on a beaten path carrying shield and weapon would be more tiring than not :p
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby Fenris » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Ashleigh, refreshed from the night's rest and in her newly resized armor, looked on at the at the group as it tried to sort itself out in the dawn's light.

Where is Blick when you need him? Now stop that Ashleigh... I am sure the rest of this group are just getting their legs under them. And your hardly one to judge. Although, what did Blick do? Hmm... So warriors in front, squishies like me in the middle and sneaky at the end? I think that was what he did. But, should I say something? Is it my place? Um... Um... Grass growing here Ashleigh. Put up, or shut up. Otherwise, you and that unarmored guy could end up in front!

Ashleigh straightened a bit and offered tentatively at first, but with growing conviction, "Hello? If we have not met yet, I am Ashleigh Carlisle. And um... I zap things. *smile* I don't know much about adventuring, but... um... when we just fought, an experienced warrior had us arranged so the warriors were up front, the squishies in the middle, and our stealthy member in the rear. I guess for us that would be Brunhilde and Jheval? up front, Myself and Brecht? in the middle and Phaeral? in the rear? It is just a thought..."

She looked on at the rest, apparently either curious as to what others would think of her idea, or just that she had offered it at all.

Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby grunt90 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Jheval Varden

----------------------------------------

Jheval listened intently to Ashleighs words, his gaze fixed on her the entire time she spoke, nodding and giving a slight smile periodically.

She does speak truth, it would only make sense to have my self and, Brunhilde I think it was up front, and then her self and the one named Brecht to take up middle, hopefully that would be enough preparation to guard against any surprise attacks for them. The, I think his name was Pherul? No Phaeral it was, he will take the rear since his bow is most effective at some range. Wait a sec, the good Lady Ashleigh just suggested all this, silly me for wasting all this time when she put to fruition what i've been speculating!

"The Lady Ashleigh speaks truthfully, we should walk the roads in the manner she suggested as it is quite fit to make the most sense with who we have. Also, it is wonderful to make all of your acquaintances, if you do not already know, my name is Jheval Varden, servent of the Shining one, the great diety Pelor. If it isn't already obvious enough."

With his last comment, he takes his holy symbol lightly and taps it three times against his scale mail, just as a reassurance that they have seen his divine focus and then lets it drop again close to his chest.

"But yes, if everyone agrees on this reasonable order, and everyone is ready, shall we head out? We do have a long walk before us after all."
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Phaeral's knowledge of nature and survival gives him a clear indication that today's gloomy weather promises to turn much worse.

OOC: My mistake I should have had you roll Survival, but the modifier is the same.
I haven't heard from Brunhilde yet and Charles is busy in Two Shades of Grey I will give this some time yet before advancing you out of the city. As of this moment it is not too late to shop some more.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby grunt90 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Jheval looked around concerned about the growing angry skies. He looked his fellow group members over once quickly, then spoke up.

"If it's alright, might I ask if we purchase a four or five person tent? I know not all of us has one, including my self, and this storm brewing might cause us trouble later on."
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby Chipszambia » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:40 am

Phaeral
Image

Phaeral, looked up to the sky and followed the skies patterns with his head, tracing the cloud and wind movements with turns of his head.

Experience tells me that this weather cannot maintain itself nor will it abate, it must grow wetter and wilder. The subtle movements inside the gloom tell me that we must be prepared for the worst. The people around me are so focused on their own concerns and their gods that they are ignoring nature and not noticing these things. They do not relish what is around them. I hope I am wrong about the weather and these people.

"I will remain in the rear, where my eyes will cover our backs."

"The weather is going to become worse on our journey. It is a bad omen to start a journey with such dire weather. In light of this bad start I think we should take more time to prepare ourselves and get to understand each other." Phaeral pulls his travelling cloak up over his head and looks out to the horizon.

With a glare to his eyes Phaeral speaks: "As previously stated I am Phaeral and in spite of what Sefrenia suggests about me I am not shady or suspicious. I have not led an interesting enough life to have secrets. I was raised in a wandering tribe that exists in the mountains of this world. I failed my test of proving and therefore the tribe will not accept me as a man. I am out here to find my own sense of worth."

With a shake of his head, Phaeral dismisses his previous words, banishing them away. He continues in a business like tone: I hope this weather does not slow us down. We need to be prepared for such weather. I trust we all have camping gear. The basics really: food and fire."

Phaeral starts rummaging around in his pack as he turns to Jheval: "Our guild contact mentioned that the journey to Seawell may take two days. I have a single man tent and would offer to share it with you while one of us takes watch. On the other hand I am not against the idea of mutually purchasing a larger tent."

Phaeral turns to engage Ashleigh in the conversation. "Would you be adverse to sharing a larger tent with the group? With the condition that Jheval carries it of course."
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 am

OOC: I have heard from Brunhilde and she will buy the large tent and hopefully can post within some hours today.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:29 am

Phaeral wrote:Phaeral turns to engage Ashleigh in the conversation. "Would you be adverse to sharing a larger tent with the group? With the condition that Jheval carries it of course."


Wow! They actually listened to... me? But, was that because I had a good idea, or because they are as inexperienced as me? Pray the former. And.. Um, better pay attention. What did he just say? Rain? Tent? Brrr.... Hmm.. It would be my luck to get to see the sea for the first time and there would be rotten weather. And, what that will do to my clothes? Well, there is no help for it... Ack! Focus girl, focus. They are awaiting a reply, and not staring raptly at you as you gather wool and drool in your dotage."

Ahsleigh answered, "...Sure, That works. I will kick in my share of whatever something like that costs."

[i]Which hopefully is not a lot. Oh stop that! Ashleigh, your indecently rich compared to just a day ago... And, we think it feels soooo good don't we! *internal giggle*


OOC: Just let me know Ashleigh's share


Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:09 pm

As the group are going through last preparations and introductions, a *shape* hoves into view. Fluttering in the wind, it looks like a sail, but with a pair of small feet poking out of the bottom. Periodically a hand appears and tries to control the flapping canvas, without any noticeable success. Eventually the moving mass of cloth reaches the group at which point they hear what might have been a particularly juicy oath, were it not muffled, and then the bundle is hurled to the ground.

Standing with a face that matches the sky is a petite halfling, covered in an all-encompassing travelling cloak. 'Hell's teeth' she squeaks in an irritated voice, 'how do you fold this damned thing!?'. Looking up she spies Ashleigh and explains 'Sefrenia said she was busy but gave me money to go and buy a tent. 'Get a big one' she said. All very well, but once I'd unfolded it to check it wasn't full of holes, I can't get the...ahem...thing squared away again. Any ideas?'. She stood with hands on hips for a moment, until she appeared to notice the others for the first time.

'Hey' she said, scowling 'clear off, the lot of you! Do you all have to crowd round a woman just because she's good looking? She's not interested, are you Ashleigh?'. She turned to the redhead for approval. 'Now hop it, before she blasts you to ashes - cos she can you know'.

Seeing the others looking at her in a mixture of amusement and annoyance, the situation dawned on Brunhilde after a moment. 'Oh, ah, sorry about that. Just thought, you lot were, you know, trying it on. So you must be the folks we're heading to Seawall with? I'm Brunhilde. Who are you two? Er, three' she corrected herself as she noticed the lurking sorcerer.
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby grunt90 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Jheval Varden

----------------------------------------

Jheval smiled as the halfling woman flopped down the pile of canvas and rods, and soon began to speak with Ashleigh about her friend giving her money, and how she is having problems folding the tent back together. But as soon as the little halfling woman noticed the three men gathered around her friend, she started to try to run them off!

My, this little woman is quite the fiesty one, isn't she? Well, a fierce spirit and strong will is needed when you are as short as she is and the rest of her kind I guess. Each has their strengths, as wills the Shining one.

Jheval stepped close and kneeled down to help Brunhilde fold up the tent, and working together easily bring it back to its original folded state. While he kneels he speaks up and introduces himself once again.

"My name is Jheval Varden pious and rightous Cleric of Pelor the Shining one, and it is my pleasure to meet you Lady Brunhilde. Yes, we are the company that will be traveling with you to the village of Seawell, and I would like to thank you for purchasing the tent for us. I'm sure it will be sufficient enough to keep us safe from the elements that the skies will likely pour down upon us.
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 pm

OOC: Charles is still playing and can be assumed to go along. Technically Brunhilde was at the booth in the Common Room the day before in IC, so you can skip ahead and assume the introductions are done if you want. With all of the new players coming and going this can be tedious and people can just read the earlier posts. So I am ready whenever you guys are and I will advance the time once you guys leave the town.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Chipszambia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:04 am

Phaeral
Image

Phaeral made no move to assist with the taming of the tent but after a few moments of composure, he found himself holding his fist to his mouth to muffle the chuckle that came from his bemused face.

I get the feeling this trip will be slow but it should prove humourous. I wonder I can maintain this attitude in the face of the real challenges we should face on the road?

"I am Phaeral and, well, when we're done fighting against things designed for our comfort, perhaps we could get going? Not meaning to rush or push or encourage. I'd just like to get moving before that tents angry twin makes an appearance. Well, this aside. I would like to set out before the weather turns worse."
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Next

Return to Group C Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron