Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby sirfinn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:45 am

Givens while hitching his Brahmin casts a practiced eye over the layout.
Looking to see if they had a vegetables growing and how good their source of water was.

Glancing to Zak as he tied up the brahmin, "Lad what do yous see in this safe haven."
"They have power."
"See water. Vegetable patch. Feed animals?"

Glancing to Zak, "lad, 12 pots of plant starch adhesive be in me pack."
"Yous find a deal, I be willin' to share."
"Always lookin' for more than a knife 'n Pipe Rifle."

Givens has for trade:
Trade goods: 12 pots pots of adhesive made from plant starch
Young bull Brahmin : pack beast.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:15 pm

“I guess we should look around and see what we can see.”

Robin was curious about medical supplies, particularly any medicines that people had made or had come from the vaults somehow. Most medicines expired or lost potency with time, but some did retain it. And there were usually ways to make simple medicines, if you had the right ingredients. However, asking about such things would be a huge red flag, and would reveal that he had such skills. Maybe the people at this outpost wouldn’t kidnap him, but if they let it slip to the Enclave, they might do just that.

So looking was what he planned to do. Asking dumb questions about what a thing was might also yield results, he figured.

He wondered if he could pretend to be wanting to make recreational drugs, like he’d made for Jude’s gang. But even that might get him kidnapped again.

“Well, let’s just walk around.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:25 am

Zak glanced at the pipe rifle in question and nodded, "No shit, Givens. You gotta upgrade that as soon as you can. Hopefully you can find something that will use the same ammunition as this rifle so I can make more." He patted the Springfield slung on his shoulder.

"Yes, let's look around for someone that might have things to barter. Just don't expect me to be very good at the negotiating. It is not something I am very good at."
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Givens gave Zak a slight nod, "lets find the deal first then we haggle proper."

"Remember, Eyes open, mouth shut." Givens reminded the lad, vainly hoping he would be careful.

Givens wandered the Mint Hill Outpost looking and talkin' a bit, hoping to learn more.
He showed his well folded photo about hoping for a lead. He asked about raiders and trade items.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:24 am

The three of you walked around to see what the outpost offered. Turns out only a couple of the people had any interest in trading.

Givens inquiries on his picture didn't find result in any new clues. Condolences were offered, but no one recognized the woman in the photo.

Mordecai was still catching up with his friend and hadn't rejoined you.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Givens found the few folk whom wished to trade, not mincing any words, Givens laid it upon the table what he was looking for, "I be lookin' for ammo, workin' firearms and stuff to make grenades."
"Bandages, first aid bits n bobs too, if yer got 'em to spare."
"I have a dozen pots of adhesive and a pack beast, if ya have a decent longarm for trade."

"Any news about the road ahead?" Givens asked, "You been having any raider problems nearby?"
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Zak stood beside the older trader and asked out of the side of his mouth, “What do you want to sell the brahim for? Having two is not a bad idea as we got heavy stuff. Though, if they got some wheels we can salvage, we have some stuff to make a cart.”

Besides, they might someday part ways and then what would the trader do when he didn’t have the one Zak and Rob got from Lawyer’s Rest.

He turned to the local trader and added, “Yeah, looking for 7.62mm ammo for this rifle an’ hopin’ ya got another one that the same ammo. If you gots the makings for the ammo, I could take that instead.”

“For grenades, we be fixin’ ta make frag ones.”
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Givens gives Zak a slight nod of acknowledgment, "depends on whats offered, a Brahmin be walking caps."

"A cart? Yous is thinking big."
"Wheels, hard or soft?" Givens queried.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Robin kept up with Zak and Givens, shuffling his feet and affecting a disaffected look. It wasn’t hard. Givens had cautioned them to keep their mouths shut, but it was hard to be silent and still ask about the things he wanted to find out about.

He kept his hands shoved in his pockets and his eyes down.

“Whut about medicine?” he muttered. “Yas got that? Or bandages n’stuff?”

He hoped that would be enough to prompt the trader in question to offer up whatever sort of things he had that fell under those general categories.
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Zak shrugged, "Not thinkin' of sumthin' really big fur a cart. I reckoned two bike tires is all. But mebbe sumthin' close would work too, yeah? Juss not wheels from a car or truck, too heavy."

"Was gonna be sumthin' we juss pulled by hand so we'd not be slowed down so much with heavy packs."

He had kept his eyes open when they walked around, looking for some such things that might be lying around in a pile of cast aside junk.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:34 am

The three of you looked over the goods that the couple of traders had to offer. It was very hit or miss.

With the raiders roaming about and confirmed attacks, no one was willing to give up any firearms. One of the traders did have a box or two of 7.62 ammo for trade.

Zak did find an ammo reload kit available. Mechanical parts were no issue either, but no powder or the like for making explosives could be found. He also found parts for making his idea of a cart.

Robin had better luck with medical supplies. The other trader had a first aid kit with plenty of bandages and such. He also spotted a couple of stim packs in among the man's wares.

When Givens inquired about the road ahead, the news was grim. Raiders attacks, super mutants and the like, and now the Enclave sticking their noses in. The impression was something big was going on, and many wastelanders were trying to get out of the way.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:51 am

It was too bad about the firearms, but Zak sort of expected those would be in high demand with all the trouble around the area. Some extra ammo could be nice, but they would probably be better served with the medical supplies if they could only afford so much.

He turned to Robin with a raised eyebrow in question. "Hmm watchya think? We could git some supplies to finish da cart, but not sure we really need it now. Or mebbe, I make the cart an' we juss see if they'd take it ta trade fur da otha stuff we want."
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Standing near the boys, Givens added counsel, "Will trade, adhesive for the cart parts 'n medical supplies. Yous an ammo reload kit?"
"Can trade my Brahmin too, as it will be easier to hide wiff only one to manage on da road."

Givens wished he could also get the ammo for later needs but it would depend on the earlier trading.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 am

Robin grunted under his scarf.

“How long would it take ya?” he mumbled, trying to keep up the guttural wasteland accent as best he could. He turned to Zak and Givens.

It was better if he kept his talking to the minimum, but for now, they needed to communicate, so he muttered low so it was hard for anyone but Zak and Givens to hear his words. “Iffen we don’t need the cart, you’d be faster without carrying those parts around. Better to have more ammo and medicine dealios.”

He shrugged and scratched his head, as if he was puzzled. Better that he looked as average as possible.

“Figure they’d like some trade, methinks.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:39 am

Zak held up a finger to let the locals know he needed a minute to have some private dickering with his companions and he stepped back away a few paces.

He spoke low, "Yeah, I already got a ammo kit. But I could use some more supplies to make bullets. If they got some, I could make extra bullets for them too, maybe bartering for the supplies we want with some services instead of forking over the caps we got. Same with the cart, make it and then trade it for other stuff we need."

"It's late so I won't get much done today, but if we stay all tomorrow, i can probably make the cart and some ammo. We could stay longer too, if possible."

"Speaking of which, we came this way to warn others of the raiders and look for Givens' ol' lady. Looks like people already know, so we are looking fur his wife mostly. I think we could stay a day to do some shit for them to get the supplies we want."

"What ya think?'" he asked looking from Givens to Robin.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout [The Window]