Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby sirfinn » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 am

Givens shrugged to Mordecai, "traded some jars of adhesive for da wheels. Fair trade n all."
"Not much else goin' round."

"Find out how road is ahead?"
"Any raiders news?"

Givens waited to see where Zak and Robyn would set up to build the cart, ready to help in the task.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Mordecai » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 am

"Nothing new on the raiders that we don't already know. Frankie thinks it is just a matter of time, and is preparing."

Mordecia glanced around at the people he saw in the outpost. Most looked armed in some fashion and didn't seem to be cowering in fear. Perhaps the outpost would fair well.

"Personally, I not sure the raiders are going to be trying anything for a few days with the Super Mutant dead. But that is just me."

Speaking in a lower voice, the scout answer Zak's question.

"Well Frankie and I got to talking. We both recall that there is this old woman runs a radio station for this area of the wasteland. She often made mention of some professor over the air. Thing is, her station has been offline for sometime. Could be something broke, or could be that she finally died. Or something worse."

The scout shrugged.

"As far as the Enclave, they don't know. We didn't make the connection until just now."
User avatar
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Robin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 pm

“That’s interesting,” Robin said, almost reluctantly.

He thought about the idea of a radio station, and the implications were frightening. If a person could make the technology work, and people still had old radios, that lone voice in the darkness could reach many. And that was the terrifying part. That person could say whatever they wanted, and those words would have influence. They could change their listeners, for good or for ill. He wondered which the old woman had been. After all, she was probably dead now.

He glanced between Zak and Mordecai, then took in Givens as well.

“So…do we want to pursue this? It’s a natural next step to go out there and see what we can find out, but it would be committing to something.”

He shrugged.

“Mordecai, do you know when she stopped broadcasting? And where she was broadcasting from? If no one knows and we can’t find out, I guess that’s that. But if we can figure it out, then it’s something we could actually do – if we want to, that is.”

Robin frowned under his scarf at that last bit.
User avatar
Robin
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby sirfinn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Givens listened, absorbing the words from the scout.
"We needs to find dis radio station." he words tumbled out quietly.

Collecting his words and thoughts, "Da old lady prolly has much wasteland lore she share, if we find her. Ask nice like."

"Maybe even knows raider patterns and other guff we use to find folk."
"Like me wife."

"So Mordecia. Hows we find her?"
"She musta had supplies delivered from some place."
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Zak » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:55 am

Zak nodded, "Yeah, we should probably check it out. But if she has gone silent, maybe we will be shit outta luck on talking to her. Hopefully the raiders did not get her."

Even if the old biddy was gone, there could be a treasure trove of salvage to be had. That reason along had the teenage scrounger a bit exited at the idea.

"We should finish this cart I was planning to trade back to the outpost. I could start it tonight and finish it in the morning before we head out. Givens, could you check if the locals are interested in trading something for it if I make it. If they don't want it, then I might as well pack all the materials on our brahmin and save the construction for later."
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
User avatar
Zak
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Outside Vault 47

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby sirfinn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:18 am

"Reckon it be better ta pack up the parts."

"Dis place not in no mood for trading such items." Givens replied, "dey be on edge."
"Waitin' fa trouble ta cum. Come dawn we should be gone."

Givens looked back to Mordecia hoping the scout knew where the old lady lurked.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Mordecai » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:07 am

"It's was a couple of months ago that the broadcasting stopped. But it had been some time before that since the woman's voice had actually been heard. She played mostly music from the pre-war period. From the 50's and some classicals I am told for those in the know. But she used to reminiscent in between songs. And it was during one of these sessions that she had mentioned something about a Professor. Might have been a lost love or something. "

The scout shrugged his shoulders. He hadn't had a radio in his recent wanderings of the wasteland. It was deemed non-essential and extra wait to carry around. But many outposts did and had tuned into the station as a means to alleviate boredom and such. It did bother him that no one had thought to check on the woman once the broadcasting stopped.

"We're not a 100% sure, but we think she had her station some where north of here. A half-days walk. I've never visited it as the woman was a bit of a recluse. But from Frankie's directions, I think I can find it."

"She had some arrangement with another outpost to provide supplies. That is an option too. Head to the next one and ask around there."

Mordecai looked to the three of you for a decision.
User avatar
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Zak nodded and began packing up the materials to be quickly loaded on the Brahmin later when they needed to leave in the morning.

“Yeah, probably best to get out of here at first light in case the Enclave assholes come back. No reason to make it easier for them to find us.”

“I think we should head to the place you think the woman’s station is first. See what we can see and then move on to the other settlement to spend the night there, assuming we can make it there by dark.”
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
User avatar
Zak
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Outside Vault 47

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby sirfinn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 am

"I be good wiff da plan." Givens replied to his companions. "Find da woman's station."

"We doin' watches tonite?" Givens asked almost as an after thought.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Robin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:20 pm

“Yeah, I agree,” Robin said, with a slight nod. “If Mordecai thinks he can find it, that’s good enough for me. If for some reason he can’t, we can always ask. But I’d rather try ourselves first, rather than give anyone ideas.”

He turned to Givens, who had asked a good question.

“Well, let’s see where we’re staying first. Then we can make that call.”
User avatar
Robin
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Herzog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:22 am

The group of you were directed to a lean-to in one corner of the outpost as a place to stay. The influx of refugees from the surrounding areas has placed a premium on space. But at least it was covered. You would just have to protect yourself from the chill of the night.

Frankie did provide a hot meal at the very least. A pot of waste lander stew, spoons and bowls were given to you for supper. It was a hearty meal, made from bits of locally sourced vegetables and some kind of meat, and decently seasoned.

As the evening wore on and the light faded, you were pretty left to yourselves.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Zak » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 am

With their assigned spot for the night, Zak shrugged. "We can sleep on our important possessions so they don't walk away on their own. Perhaps we will not need to worry about someone pilfering our stuff while we sleep anyway."

"But it does little harm to take turns on watch tonight, except we will need to spend more time resting before we all get up and leave in the morning."

He laid out his sleeping back and prepared the pack and gear into a pillow of sorts to help keep it under him while sleeping and also to have close at hand should there be a need to get up in a hurry to depart.
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
User avatar
Zak
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Outside Vault 47

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby sirfinn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm

A warm meal in his stomach, Givens thanked Frankie, "much appreciated."

Later as they set out their piece of camp.
"If we puts possessions in da middle n sleep ike spokes on da wheel."
"Head to da centre, make it darn hard to cause mischief." Givens added.

He laid his pack down and swag. Removing the leather duster he climbed in. Pulling the duster over the swag to keep the heat in.
"Wake me when ya wish me to watch."
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Robin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 pm

“Yeah, you’re right, Givens,” Robin said, studying their packs with a critical eye.

With the four of them sleeping in close quarters, it would be very hard for anyone to sneak up on them and steal their stuff. They would be in more danger from wild critters than people.

He looked at Zak.

“Well, my vote is to sleep hard and leave as early as possible. I’m good with risking it if you are.”
User avatar
Robin
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 4 - A Brewing Storm

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:30 am

Zak settled into his sleeping bag and said, “Yeah, let’s risk it. Unless Mord thinks this place has a den of thieves, I am in favor of everyone sleeping now to get up early.”

“I don’t know about you guys, but I am tired as shit from all this walking around.”

The teenager was dog tired and fell asleep in a couple of minutes.
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
User avatar
Zak
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 am
Location: Outside Vault 47

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout [The Window]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron