Fallout:[IC] - Ch 3 - Chasing Rumors

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 3 - Chasing Rumors

Postby Mordecai » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:04 am

Mordecai nodded and seconded what Mr Pink said.

"Hadn't been down to Monroe much, myself. If the raiders have been hitting over that way, their operational range must be much larger."

The scout was tall and lanky. He had dreadlocked hair, and a goatee that he scratched with his hand. The man was probably in his 20's, but had wasteland experience. He was dressed in tans and reds. Colors that blend into the wasteland surprisingly well.

"We need figure out what to do next. I have not heard of this Maul guy in charge of the raiders."
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby sirfinn » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:36 am

It was evident Samuel was pleased to get an introduction to those he had been speaking with. Names and faces; he had seen a lot in the past week or so, as he continued his search for Alison.
he mused briefly to himself, the young ones might be the vault dwellers the guards mentioned.

"One of your raiders had an accident up the road. He donated all his gear too."
"Even kind enough to feed the ravens now." Samuel left the rest unsaid.

and with Mr Pink's concern over the recent raider attack, and Mordecai observation, "The raiders who have been hitting Monroe, probably aren't the same as what came to the i-485 loop."
"Monroe raiders, they be too lazy to travel far outside their hunting range."
"Unless, something has driven these raiders out of their old hunting range."
"Raider migration, would have thought that would happen."

Pausing to wrap his head around that moment of weirdness or clarity. Samuel made the small group an offer,
"So, next raider I see, I will have a quiet talkin' to."
"See what is getting them on the move and all riled up."

"Thanks for the blessin' for trading, Mr Pink. Much appreciated." Samuel added acknowledging the other three, "Good to meet you three. Safe travels."
With his words said, Samuel strolled over to see about trading gear.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:16 am

Samual was able to find some traders over in a corner of the outpost. They were eager to trade for the armor and any raiders gear you picked up. But there selections in return were not of the offensive equipment kind. The traders were also jittery.

spoiler: show
Not exactly sure what you are going to trade for since the dead raider and gear are part of the hook to pull in you into the group. Its fluff i suppose.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:02 am

Zak upnodded to the newcomer as he moved along to talk with the traders. He considered what the man had said regarding Monroe and what they had learned from the prisoner as he turned to Mordecai and Robin.

"I am not exactly sure what we should do next. Dad when back to Carolina Place and he did not get the impression we should sit around here and wait for him... maybe he figured we are good to go on our own."

"We came along to do a little trading and stuff, but then we ran into these fucking raider assholes and a goddamn super-mutant."

He glanced at Mordecai, "We helped you do the warning of the settlements and I don't suppose we have more to visit yet or you would have mentioned that was our plan for the day."

Zak shrugged, "We could go anywhere, I suppose."

"But helping the local people deal with their raider problem will take more than a mere few of us. She we try carrying a message to this Brotherhood people?"

"Or should we offer to help this guy Givens to find and recover his wife. There could be girls as well, grateful girls that need rescuing and would be more keen on giving me a good screw after as a reward, yeah?" The teenager had not actually had a good screw yet, but could image that would be the end all be all of his brief existence until he could manage to find a second way to get laid.
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:28 am

Robin frowned at Zak.

“You know what happens to women out here. If there are girls and we rescue them, they probably won’t want to be giving anyone a screw, ever again.”

He looked across town toward the makeshift bazaar area where the traders had set up shop. Robin could see Givens’ shabby figure over there. It looked like he was haggling, maybe.

Robin shook his head.

“The best thing for that guy and his woman is probably if she’s already dead.”

He turned back to Zak, stepping closer and lowering his voice.

“Listen, though. I think he was lying about the camera. That kind of technology isn’t something you just let sit around. The film goes bad after a while, especially if you don’t store it right, and I can’t imagine anyone out here knowing how to store it. Somehow he has access to real technology, not stuff that’s been sitting around in the dust all this time. Stuff that was preserved. Maybe he has access to a Vault, or knows someone who does. Or knows people who make new technology.”

Robin paused, significantly.

“The same kind of people who could make the kind of gizmo that could control a supermutant, maybe.”

He shrugged.

“Maybe we should offer to help him find some kind of closure with his wife. Then we can see if he’ll spill more about the tech. Or give us access to whatever stores he has. It’s got to be something.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:27 am

Picking through the traders items on display, Samuel could see all weapon had been squirreled away. The fear of the recent raiders attack still fresh on the wind; traders always could see the wind of fortune's change.

Within ten minutes he had found a Brahmin hide trench coat and a pair of working binoculars, he wished to own.
Dickering over the items, took another five minutes and the raider armour he had arrived with and two sacks of corn were traded.
All the third sack except 6 cobs of corn was traded for radstag jerky, molerat chunks, carrots, tato and mutfruit.

After the trading had finished, Samuel asked the traders about the other spots on the i-485 loop.
Hoping to get an idea of the lay of the land ahead. 'wish I had a map at least.'

Wandering back to his young bull Brahmin, Bruce, Samuel spoke with it. "Looks like these kind folk don't want ya or the adhesive made from plant starch. Maybe the next settlement will more interested."
"best get some more water in your gullet. We be moving on soon."
Loading his goods into the packs on the flanks of Bruce, including his new Brahmin hide trench coat and binoculars. Trail rations carefully lay in as well so they wouldn't get bruised before consumption.

Leading the young bull Brahmin back towards where Mr Pink and the teenagers stood.
"Sorry to bother you again Mr Pink."
"Heading back out, on the road and I was hoping for some counsel for the road ahead."
"Any suggestions on the rest of the i-485 loop?"
"Any more settlements which I can visit? and do you want any messages taken."
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:14 am

September 5th, Midday – Lawyer’s Road Outpost

Mr. Pink stood in though as the Zak, Robin and Mordecai discussed what to do. He let the three talk it out some, as it was not his place to direct the small group. He was more concerned any reprisal of the attack and those in his outpost.

The older man did offer up a comment. "Aye, the Brotherhood probably need to know about this. But it will take some convincing because of that arrogant attitude of theirs."

By this time, Samuel had rejoined the conversation. The older man was a bit surprised the trader was all ready to head back out into the wasteland.

"Well, Carolina Place has been warned. As for other settlements, there are other small outposts like this along the old 485 loop. It would be good to warn them as well, and see how they have faired. The raider problem is a big problem for everyone."

"Though I would not recommend traveling alone any more. "
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Zak shrugged at Robin's concern. He heard stories about rescued maidens rewarding their heroes and hoped it could still be true. It was better than a bleak picture of still being a virgin when he got to be as old as Dad or Givens. "I guess I will just have to be optimistic."

He was not sure about the scavenger lying, since there could be many explanations. And even if he had, they just met the guy and he probably would not be completely honest about anything sensitive. Sure as shit, Zak was not going to admit he was a virgin.

After Mr. Pink mentioned other outposts, he had an idea for what they could do. "Mord, it sounds like we need to go spread the word to more people... Or at least gather more information on these raiders from them if they already know."

"Maybe these other outposts are on the way to where we can find some of these Brotherhood guys. Then we can show them this shit we found in the super mutant's skull. The old timer can come and ask about his wife too, if he wants."
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby sirfinn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Taking in Mr Pink's concern about traveling alone, and then the one, called Zak's suggestion of shared travel.
Hearing the talk about the brotherhood talk and shit we found in the super mutant's skull. 'Not sure I should want to know. Sounds like trouble.'
'Especially if raiders are involved.'

Switching his focus back to Mr Pink,
"Wise words spoken, Mr Pink." Samuel paused; it was certain he was picking his words carefully/diplomatically.
"I be glad to have company on my travels, if they can keep a steady stride, have keen eyes and wary of any trouble in the wasteland."

Continuing on, he asked Mr Pink, "Coming from Monroe, the settlements on the old 485 loop, I be not familiar with."
"They have names and landmarks which they can be found?" Samuel asked hoping to glean some idea of the road ahead. Otherwise he was ready to travel, canteens were full, he had food and an idea of where the next settlement was somewhere on the old 485 loop.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Mordecai » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:37 am

Mordecai jumped in at this point. The tall man had traveled much of the i485 loop.

The next large settlement besides Carolina place, is the one at Concord. Similar in size and defensible. Should be a day or two walk from here since we are half-way around the loop to them. There is also the airport west of here. Further north and more around the loop is the Brotherhood outpost. They are located in the old town of Mooresville.

"Mint Hill outpost, about a half days walk from here is another small outpost similar to this one."

"If we follow the loop around, detouring to hit Concord would not be difficult. It is a little northwest of the loop on the old i85 ruins."
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby sirfinn » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:55 am

With Mordecai giving the quick geography lesson, Samuel absorbed the words; mentally hoping news about Alison might be only with a day or two further in time.
"Kind of you to gift us, local lore be hard to learn until the path is trod many times." Samuel thanked Mordecai.

"So Mint Hill outpost, be reached today. Concord, Airport West and Mooresville later." Samuel added the names into his memory.

"You headed this way today Mordecai?" Samuel glanced to the heavens knowing the day was already marching along.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:08 am

Zak turned to Robin satisfied that a workable plan was presenting itself, “There, we can do that, yeah? The more distance we put behind us is not a bad thing, either. We need only gather our stuff and make sure we have enough food supplies for a few days.”

“Do you think we can keep that Brahmin?” he asked wonderingly. Technically it was the kids’ animal if anyone had a claim on it, but they had used it and sort of had possession of it when they arrived the night before. The teenager was tired of lugging his heavy gear around and with Dad no longer helping, his pack was really heavy.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 am

Robin nodded solemnly.

“Yeah, that would work,” he said, shortly. He thought about what would happen when they met up with the Brotherhood. If Zak had the opportunity to join them, he would. And then Robin would be alone again. He thought vaguely of Patrick, but then pushed that thought away.

But the plan was better than nothing. Better than being at this tiny outpost, waiting for the next raider attack. Waiting to die. He would rather die on his feet, on the move. If they could be useful at the same time, then all the better, he supposed. That was the right thing to do.

“Are we going to leave today? I just need a few minutes to gather up my stuff.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:15 pm

Zak nodded, "Yeah, I think so. What else we planning to do today?" He saw no reason to wait and plenty of reasons to head out.

"Packing up won't take long, but my tools are not light. Let us try taking that beast to carry our shit," he said aside. Often making an assumption and acting on it was enough to make things happen, rather than trying ask permission.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:58 pm

September 5th, Midday – Lawyer’s Road Outpost

With the four of you coming to a decision on what to do, Mr. Pink nodded in satisfaction.

"Thanks, hopefully the warning will come in time. And hopefully, the Brotherhood will heed it too."

The last bit was said with some reservation. Apparently the old man held the same sentiments about the Brotherhood as Mordecai.

"Take the Brahmin. That Xenn fellow didn't take it with him when he took the kids this morning. Far as I am concerned, you guys earned it."

"Also, I'll see about scrounging up some provisions for the road."

Mr Pink let you prepare for your departure as he when and checked on some rations.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout [The Window]