Fallout:[IC] - Ch 2 - Welcome to the Wasteland

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - Ch 2 - Welcome to the Wasteland

Postby Robin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:11 pm

“Thanks, Mordecai. We’d appreciate it.”

Robin nodded to the scout.

Zak seemed quite taken with the idea of the power armor, like if he could just get some of his own, he’d be invincible. But there was still a human body behind the metal parts, still a mortal heart that beat under its shell. He thought it was not so easy as all that.

“Are there any other famous groups out there?” Robin asked Mordecai. “People everyone knows by reputation?”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 am

Zak was entertaining some fantasies about the Brotherhood of Steel. The idea of joining them sounded pretty attractive. But he was curious about the most important thing.

“Say, Mordecai? Do you happen to know if that brotherhood includes girls? As fun as it sounds, if they are always uptight without any women to screw…”

The teenager’s voice trailed off leaving the rest unsaid. It wasn’t like he was getting a whole lot of action lately anyway that he need be concerned about the sleeping around of brotherhood members.

Returning to the subject they really wanted to discuss, he asked, “If Boris is not needing you until after the caravan arrives, would you mind coming with us tomorrow morning on a short overnight trip to do some scavenging?”

Combat Information | Show
Defense: 15 (With Security Vest)
HP: 17/17
Weapon in Hand: None
Beretta in holster
Reloads Remaining Pipe Rifle: 8
Shots Remaining Beretta: 43 (15 in clip)
Action Points: 15
Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Mordecai » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 am

Mordecai smirked at the teenagers question of girls. The boy was obviously being a boy of his age.

"I think the Brotherhood is equal opportunity. Though they are not girls per say, but soldiers. My guess is that may take fancy to a boy toy every now and then..."

Mordecai smiled ruefully, but shrugged his shoulders.

"As for other groups, there are the various bandit factions out there. Rumor has it the Enclave is making an appearance too...they are like rivals to the Brotherhood...Fancy themselves remnants of the old pre-war government. But really, they just want power. There is also the ghouls, but like I said before, they'd rather be left alone."

The scout had been ignoring the question of scavenging until now. He wanted to answer the others first. "I don't mind at all. Though nothing is free in the wasteland. If you know what I mean. My terms would be equal share of anything we find."
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 am

Although the lawman would have to get more information and, most importantly, personal observations, he was liking the sound of the BoS more and more.

Upon first impression the Enclave sounded like the Overseer and his cronies. Mercevial already had a distaste for them.

As Mordecai mentions equal pay, the ex-VSFer nods. "That's fair. Each of us offers different strengths out there. And each of us will most likely need to contribute at some point."

He glances at Robin and Zak to garner their thoughts on the subject but couldn't imagine they would protest a four way profit split.
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 am

Robin nodded seriously to Mordecai.

“Yeah. That’s fair. Equal risk, equal shares. There’s no other way to do it.”

He smirked to himself at the scout’s description of how the Brotherhood made do with what they had. It would probably horrify Zak to no end, but Zak was a little sheltered that way, in spite of all his swagger. Or maybe because of it.

He frowned.

“The Enclave sound like pricks,” he said. “I hope we don’t run into them. But the ghouls might be interesting, just to learn more about them and trade peacefully. Though we might not get that chance.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Mordecai » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Mordecai nodded his head at Robin’s comment on the Enclave.

“Yeah, sounds about what I've heard about them too. I've also heard that they have power armor too, and that they have some tech things the Brotherhood does not.”

“Either way, I’ll keep my distance from them.”

Mordecai smiled as the rest of you agreed to his terms. He took a long pull from his drink, nearly emptying it. The scout caught the bartender’s eye, and motioned for a second drink and to put it on his own tab.

He then held out his hand. “Alright, sounds like a deal. Usually how the wasteland works.”

“Anyway, I've got a couple of spots in mind that we can check out tomorrow. Never know if they've already been scavenged or not until you get there and see what you find.”

“What time you want to head out? Do you have any busy to take care of in the morning?”
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:36 am

The lawman stood and took the scouts hand, shaking it firmly. For a moment his fathers face appeared in his mind, like a nostalgic ghost from his past...

He remembers sitting in the lower levels with his dad, not saying much of anything. Suddenly his father turned to him and said, "There are 3 things you should always remember, son.... Always look a man in the eye when speaking to him, always protect those who can't protect themselves and always stand to shake a mans hand.... And make it firm." He had grinned and tousled his boys hair, unaware he had just made a rock solid, lasting memory in his oldest sons mind.

After the handshake, Mercevial took his seat once more. "I have everything I need and will be ready to go when you are."

He glances at Zak and Robin to see if he's overlooked something.
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:11 am

Robin shook Mordecai’s hand.

“Thanks, Mordecai. I’m good to go too.”

He finished off the last dregs of his coffee. It had a bit of an odd taste from what he’d been used to in the Vault, and he couldn’t decide if it was better or worse. Maybe neither. Maybe it was just different, and that was that. He pushed the mug away.

“I’ll be ready whenever. Early, I’m guessing.”

He raised his brows in question. Mordecai seemed like an early riser to him. That was fine, because he was too.
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Mordecai » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Mordecai finished shaking the three vaulters hands, and took his seat again. The scout then though of the trio he just signed up to help. They were all capabile as was proven when facing the feral ghouls. But the thin man found it odd that Xenn was in the company of teenagers. Was a bit a of father figure? Well, he would probably find out more as they worked together.

"Right, early is best. Avoid most of the sun and heat. Though the weather this time of year is not sweltering."

"Are you wanting to make this a day trip or an overnight trip? We can go a bit father if it's the latter."
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Zak » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:28 am

Zak shook on the agreement as well.

"I think we should do an overnight trip. Might as well since we can go farther afield and we have the time before the next caravan is expected."

"Early in the morning works for me. Since we don't have to stand watch tonight, we can be ready to go at first light. We already visited the shop and have supplies."

With scout accompanying them, Zak was happy with the plan they have. He had a good feeling about the next few days to come and was feeling cocky even. He was pretty sure the scout would be very helpful and they could probably bring him in on the next part of the plan if they had a good trip these next two days.

Combat Information | Show
Defense: 15 (With Security Vest)
HP: 17/17
Weapon in Hand: None
Beretta in holster
Reloads Remaining Pipe Rifle: 8
Shots Remaining Beretta: 43 (15 in clip)
Action Points: 15
Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Mordecai » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:53 pm

Mordecai smiled and nodded in agreement as his new companions, at least for the next two days agreed on a longer trip. It definitely would let them range father a field, and already the scout was thinking of a few places that would be worth hitting up.

The bartender had brought the scout his second drink. The thin man laid a few caps out, settling up his bar tab, as his empty glass was taken away.

"Well, last one for me for tonight. Tomorrow could be a long day."

Mordecai planned to make small talk while finishing his second drink, and then would head off to double check his gear. He had his own lodging already arranged for the night, and planned to met the other three in the morning.
Mordecai
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Previous

Return to Fallout [The Window]