Fallout:[IC] - War Never Changes

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - War Never Changes

Postby Zak » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:58 am

As Patrick slips away, Zak notices that Xenn accompanies him as a silent shadow to watch over the other twin's excursion.

Returning to their conversation, he responds, "So, you think we will need to either rescue some women or just buy our own someday?" He has not have more that two sexual encounters with the opposite sex and is not looking forward to potentially not being able to have another any time soon.
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Robin raised his brows, looking at Zak.

“So we should rescue women from sexual slavery so we can subject them to sexual slavery ourselves?”

He shrugged.

“I told you that you’re the best one to lead us. Now I have no doubt. You think like a man who’s not only going to keep us alive, you’re going to make sure we have everything we want and need, no matter what.”

Robin spoke directly and honestly, with no sarcasm in his tone.

“Ruthlessness isn’t a bad trait. Not out here. Anyway, I could be wrong about the women. Maybe we just haven’t seen them yet. Maybe they’re hiding because new people are in town. Who knows.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:05 am

Zak shrugs modestly, "I would think any girls we rescued would prefer to hang with us, no? Chicks that are grateful would be good, slaves would require work to keep them in line."

He is a somewhat uncomfortable about being called ruthless. However, that is better than be called a murderer. Sometimes the truth is an uncomfortable burden to admit to oneself.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Mercevial doesn't react to Patricks comment about 'gang assholes' but instead follows quietly, taking stock of his surroundings as he goes. He lets the charasmatic young one do all the talking but keeps an eye on the people he talks to. From working in law enforcement, he's been able to pick up on certain things that would tip him off if trouble were about to start.

So far, so good.
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

Postby Nathan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 am

Nathan nods to Robin, satisfied with his initial explanation. It was true that they had yet to meet any woman, but he would not have expected any to be placed in positions of powers, especially in a society that is effectively at war and where strength is given such importance. And we've only met so many people...

He listens to the rest of the conversation without really adding anything. If there are women to be rescued, he doesn't think that it is in their best interest to rescue them and face the wrath of their former owners, and he doubts that they could afford to buy one, given that they can't even afford to rent a room. In any case, he would need to get the Ferals and Death Claws off his mind before concerning himself with finding a women. "Don't we have other stuff to worry about?", he finally says, shrugging.
Nathan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zak » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:32 am

Zak looks at Nate with incredulity, Say what? What can be more important than fucking a willing chick?... Well, maybe Nate is still a virgin.

After taking a closer, appraising look at the other boy, the teenager shrugs, "I don't know about you, dude. But, I think about getting laid all of the time."

"Can't help it,"
he says with a smirking grin.

While they wait, Zak pulls out the box of ammunition and pops the clip from his gun and pulls out the extra clip too. He begins loading shells to top off the magazines. Then he hands out some more bullets for the other shooters to do the same.

"We handled those other ferals okay. And, we managed to escape from the Vee Ess Eff guards. We are not as wet-behind-the-ears as we used to be."

"But, we could use a few more guns."
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:38 am

Robin turned to Zak.

He left the matter of the hypothetical women aside for the moment.

“Maybe we could track the people who killed that old man. It seemed like they had guns. But they weren’t very smart or they had a lot of bullets. They could have killed the old man without wasting ammunition.”

He shrugged.

“But maybe it’s better to just head out and see what we can scrounge up, and not look for trouble. I’m sure it’ll find us on its own. Well, maybe Carson will have something good for us to do.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:58 am

Zak looks at Robin with a raised eyebrow.

"It occurs to me that if we were to accomplish such a task, we could earn some good-will with these people. Getting some more guns would be a bonus, since Darryl isn't selling any."

"I hope you are right about them being stupid. The alternative would be bad news. However, if I can make some explosives..."

The teenager's voice trails off and he is lost in contemplative thought.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Nathan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:50 am

Nathan scowls at Zak. Surviving, for one, he thinks of replying, but ends up simply shaking his head and swallowing his words. This is our appointed leader? He comes to the conclusion that he may have to get more involved in the decision-making process. He had never considered himself a leader or a thinker, but his brain would certainly be more suited to the task than Zak's dick.

While he is not exactly a virgin, Nathan sexual experiences have been a collection of disappointment and akwardness. He would not be troubled to wait a few months or years before repeating them.

As the talk turns to tracking the raiders, Nathan interjects. "Would that really be smart? They're better armed than us, and they know the terrain better. If hunting them down is so easy, why haven't they already done it." He glances around to make sure no one is listening, then lowers his tone. "Anyway, how do we really know they're the bad guys? Maybe it's just two sides at war. Is it smart to pick a side before we've heard from the other?" Maybe it's wishful thinking, but he can't help but feel that there must be more to the raiders than they were told. Like the roaches...
Nathan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Robin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:40 am

“There’s only one side we care about. Ours.”

Robin gave Nathan a hard look.

“Anyway, those raiders shot an old man and his cow. I doubt the geezer was out there terrorizing people. Unless the people in this town have all the women chained up in the basement and are eating babies, we’re probably better off sticking around them for now. We just have to keep our eyes open and stick together.”

He turned to Zak.

“What do you need to make explosives?”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 am

Zak just smirks at Nate's hesitation and nods in agreement with Robin.

"Yeah, I think this community is on the level, assuming they aren't female slave runners."

"But, then everyone in the wasteland might be one those kind of people. However, their reaction to the old geezer getting popped is enough for me to think these alleged raiders are the bad guys."

Besides, the bastards killed a perfectly good pack animal."

"But, I hear ya on them being dangerous. That's why I am thinking about explosives. We sneak closer and blow the bastards up. Why fight fair, I say."

"To make such things will require some chemical components. Then I will need some electronics stuff for detonation control. Back in the vault I used..."
He spends about 5 minutes explaining the different materials he has used in the past.

After he is done, Zak comments, "If we go raider hunting, maybe we should get some Molotov Cocktails and a demolitions kit. We have some caps remaining, but let's hope Carson will come through so we don't need to spend them on food and lodging first."
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:29 pm

A short while later, Carson emerges from his place of business looking for you. By this time, Xenn and Patrick have returned from their walk about town. Finding you all loitering around, he beckons to you. "I got something for you to look at. You all being from the vault and all."

You follow the older man back into the inn and he leads you to a storeroom off to one side on the main room. Inside you see that Carson has acquired a broken down protectron robot. From you knowledge of living in the Vault, these robots were sold during the pre-war by RoboCorp, and were often used as protection and menial tasks.

Carson begins his explanation, "I bought this bucket of bolts from a passing caravan a few years ago, hoping to get the thing up and running. I figured I could use it as a greeter and a bit of protection. I got one Darrel and one of the other old timers to take a look at it, and see about fixing it up, but they didn't much luck." Opening a panel on the protection, Carson gestures to the insides. "See here, best we can tell is that this board here is fried, and that it possible needs a robot specific fusion battery to jump start it."

Standing aside, Casron continues "Now a couple weeks ago, one of the local scavengers was out by one the old shopping centers about a half-day's walk from here. He reported said he found another one things in it's charging station at an old supermarket. The problem is with the current bandit problem, no one is willing to risk heading out there to check it out and see if they scave spare parts. I'm not some young strapping lad myself, and I have an inn to run, so I can't go myself. That's were you all come in." The old man says with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I'll pay you 5days room and board, as well as food if you all go out there and get the spare parts. Even give you a night and a meal as down payment. What do you say?" asks Carson hopefully.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:25 am

Zak eyes gleam at the sight. He would love to play with that thing, but he realizes that might not be possible yet.

"I am not sure, dude. Let me discuss with my pals here."

He looks around to see that Dad and Patrick are back. Moving off to get a little privacy, he says, "Sneak around and do some scavenging on Carson's caps sounds fine to me. Anything else we recover or find is ours then."

"However, maybe we can do some negotiating first. How's that silver tongue of yours, Patrick? Did ya get some practice in?"
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Robin nodded.

“Sounds like a good deal.”

He wondered about the robot thing, which had to be one of the most advanced pieces of technology in existence, moreso than a car, which Robin knew had been used for pre-war transportation, not just for making impenetrable walls.

He looked at Zak curiously.

“Do you think you could fix that thing?” He was sure to keep his voice down, knowing Zak did not want his skills advertised either. “You might have a better chance than anyone around here, given the books we had in the Vault.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Mercevial Xenn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Mercevial nods as Zak and Robin discuss. "Sounds good to me too. It will give us some social credit with these people, caps in our pockets, and a place to bunk down for at least a week...probably the most important week of downtime and observation we'll have out of the vault."

The fighter glances around at people glancing their way and adds, "And I sure the fuck ain't going to make it as a baker or a dress maker out here. If you guys head out to grab your toys, I'll be there to have your back."

He glances at Nate, who's been a little less nervous since leaving the vault. The kid, however, was a tough little bastard and the ex-VSFer was taking a bit of a shine to him."What do you think, Nate?"
Mercevial Xenn character sheet

Araella character sheet
Mercevial Xenn
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout [The Window]