Fallout:[IC] - War Never Changes

Image - Welcome to the Wasteland.

Moderator: Herzog

Re: Fallout:[IC] - War Never Changes

Postby Zak » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:32 am

Zak shrugs, "No prob, Dude. I don't want no shotgun poking me in the back to marry some old knocked up hag."

"And we are tight on caps. What's the danger like just outside the gates? We are thinking of doing some scavenging and we might end up spending the night outside."
Fallout
Zak d20 Sheet, The Window Sheet - Played by PMiller
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 am

Carson smiles wanly at the Zak as he sees the boy understand the situation. The older man takes a deep breath as he considers the teenagers question, "Well, the wasteland is inherently dangerous. Besides bandits and slavers, there is wildlife. Mole Rats, rad roachs, giant scorpions, rabid dogs, and death claws and such. You'll see more of the former however. Death claws usually stay away from settlements. But there are also ferals to deal with too."

Seeing that you all probably don't know what a feral is, Carons quickly explains, "Ferals, or feral ghouls are ghouls that pretty much have lost or let go of their humanity. Ghouls themselves, were once human, just that the radiation and whatnot has basically kept them from dying, despite horribly mutating their bodies. Ferals by themselves, they are not dangerous, but in packs they are a serious threat."

"Just a note of warning, if you do leave in the night, you will not be let back until morning. And if you run into trouble, you'll pretty much be on your own. We have walls for a reason, and the benefit of renting a room is the protection provided." Carson says with a serious tone.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:01 am

“What about people in the town?” Robin asked.

Personally, he thought Carson might be exaggerating the danger outside the gates somewhat, since he had an obvious ulterior motive to get them to rent a room.

Robin smiled politely, however.

“Are there any troublemakers, people we should steer clear of?”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Patrick whispers leans in a bit closer to Zak and whispers. "Just let me talk to some other people around town. I bet I can get us a place to stay for free."
Patrick
Hero
Hero

Postby Zak » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:06 am

Zak looks at Patrick a moment and studies the other twin's face. "You have a half an hour. I would take Dad with you to help or just watch over you. Call it protection."

He turns his attention back to Carson and waits for him to answer Robin's question.

He considers the choices, Stay safe in here or risk a night outside? I think we could use some down time to relax. Maybe 120 caps isn't that much compared to what we can make with a decent job. Who the fuck knows? Tomorrow we will need to scavenge for things to sell or we will be broke in two days.

He asks Carson, "Is there by chance a way to earn our food and lodging but working for you for the duration?" The teenager figure it cannot hurt to ask.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Nathan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:23 pm

As the others begins to discuss amongst each other, Nathan turns to Carson. "What's a Death Claw?" Without even knowing what it is, the thought of spending the night outside where a creature with that name might roam is enough to give him chills.

He still isn't sure why Robin had asked about women. Was he just worried that there were to women in the wasteland or did he have a specific reason to be looking for a hooker? Maybe he thought he could hook up and get a place to stay like that, but why ask if they work? He makes a mental note to ask Robin later.
Nathan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Herzog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Carson smirks as he overhears Patrick's comment to his brother. He looks amused at the thought, but then proceeds to inform you that it might be easier said than done, "Son, I wouldn't bet on it. Most people around here don't really care much for you vault dwellers. Call it a long running grudge against your ancestors being lucky enough to make it into a vault. At the last group that came through here didn't exactly help matters either. So you'd best be careful. Us old timers like the mayor and Darrel don't care as much, but the younger people still do. As for troublemakers, well, every settlement has a few. I'd stay out of tavern for now until you're not so green behind the ears."

Looking over to Nathan at the question about death claws, Carson slowly answers, "A death claw is just what it sounds like. Mutated beast that has sharp claws used to tear you to pieces. I've not seen one in person, but I have seen the results of an encounter. I don't ever want to meet one that's for sure. From what I've been told, they are taller than humans, territorial, and aggressive as hell." Carson gives a visible shudder as he finishes his explanation.

Looking back to Zak, Carson's says, "Well, there might be something. Give me a few to think about it."
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Zak » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 am

Zak nods, "Thanks, dude. We appreciate the advice and we will just hang outside for a bit."

Leaving Carson in peace while they wait for him to get back to them, the teenager heads back outside with Xenn and the others.

He remarks, "That Death Claw business sounds pretty dangerous, Nate. Do you think he was exaggerating to scare us?"

"I am hoping we can work out something with the guy. I would rather not have to fend off ghouls like we saw earlier all night. In the darkness, they might venture close to the walls and we could have troubles. Even if we have plenty of ammo, we only have so many guns and we do have to sleep."
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Nathan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 am

Nathan shrugs at Zak. "I wasn't sacred", he replies, perhaps a bit too quickly. "But until we know more about this place, we should probably assume that it's real."

He turns to Robin, "Why did you ask about hookers?"
Nathan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Patrick figures he ought to take the opportunity to see if he can't go and make friends around town and possibly get them a place to stay, but Nathan's question is actually one he wants the answer to as well, so he stays to listen.
Patrick
Hero
Hero

Postby Robin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Robin shrugged at Nathan’s question.

“We haven’t really seen any women around. None in any positions of authority so far. I was wondering if they’re all chained up in someone’s basement, or if they’re considered property, like any other commodity.”

Robin spoke dispassionately, matter-of-factly, with little empathy in his tone.

“A man like Carson could have a good business if he had girls like that working for him, if buying the girls went with the rooms. I thought he sounded a little defensive about it when I first asked him, like he had something to hide.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Patrick could barely believe his ears. Not just because of the words alone, but even more so because they came from his own brother. He couldn't imagine how he could speak of such horrible things so matter of factly. With that thought in mind he quickly vacated the building, not even waiting to make sure that Xenn was ready to leave. He just needed to get out of there. Away from that... situation. Standing outisde the door of Carson's place he looks around aimlessly. Not really looking for anything in particular.
Patrick
Hero
Hero

Postby Zak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:59 am

Zak nods at Nate's declaration, "I am not scared either. We can just fill them with lead."

The teenager is talking with a confidence and bravado that he secretly doesn't feel. Though he would never admit it, he thinks they should probably have a healthy respect for such warnings.

He comments, "In the long run, we need to hang out with girls. Hookers will do if we can afford it later. I for one don't plan to masturbate the rest of my life."

"And if any of you are pole-smokers, I am not ever going to be that desperate either."

With a smirk, Zak leans against a wall, thumbs hooked into the black cargo pants he picked up. One knee is up as his right bike boot is resting against the wall. The dark brown duster jacket open to reveal the VSF vest underneath. His Beretta in the hip holster is slung fashionably low on his right hip, styled like a old west gunslinger.

His heavy backpack is on the ground next to him since they are likely going to stand around killing some time.
Fallout
Zak
Legend
Legend

Postby Robin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:55 am

Robin shrugged.

“Well, you heard what that guy said at the gate. If we show we’re weak, we could wind up as someone’s bitch. People don’t come up with stuff like that out of nowhere. If that really happens, they must not have enough women to go around, or the most powerful people in town have all the women.”

He looked around at the others, his eyes lingered for a second longer on Patrick.

“So it’s probably a good idea that no one goes anywhere alone until we get a better feel for what’s going on here.”
Robin
Legend
Legend

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Patrick spends a good half hour going around town trying to get a feel for the place, and does pretty well in that, though not so well in finding anywhere to stay. Still it made him feel a lot better about the place since what he saw seemed to prove Robin wrong. Really these people weren't much different from those he'd known in the vault. Just harder around the edges. "I guess that makes the bandits those gang assholes." He comments to himself aloud. Just... rougher around the edges.

ooc: I guess I'll wait a bit before coming back since I'm supposed to have been gone for half an hour or so according to Herzog's PM.
Patrick
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout [The Window]