Players looking for games

:) Welcome to Unlimited RPGs. :)

These forums are for new members to have a place to start and for new games to be created. Please post in the Welcome Newcomers! Thread and introduce yourself.

Also includes general out of game discussions and resources links

Moderators: Herzog, DM Sirine, PMiller

Players looking for games

Postby PMiller » Tue May 19, 2015 4:44 am

This is a thread to start discussions from players looking to get into games.

Please include posting frequency, rules sets or genre you are looking for.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: Players looking for games

Postby Beardsmith » Tue May 19, 2015 11:29 am

Posting frequency= During weekdays multiple times a day. During weekends maybe once a day but not guaranteed

I am really ok with any rule set or genre right now. I am very familiar with Pathfinder but does not have to be that
Beardsmith

Postby Ghost » Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 pm

I can post at least once a day. Will go to whatever PF game needs a new player/role to fill.
Ghost
The Friendliest

Postby PsionicPancake » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Greetings, salutations, and hello! As you can no doubt already tell, I'm new to these here parts, and am itching to get my roleplaying fix :)

A bit about me: I've played all kinds of systems over quite a few years; Tales from the Floating Vagabond, 7th Sea, GURPS, d20 Modern, Pathfinder, and too many others to count. I'm no stranger to mechanics or setting specific information, so I like to think I'm highly flexible in that regard! As far a posting is concerned, I can easily swing three to four times a week; possibly more on my sporadic days off :D

As for personal preferences in regards to themes and campaigns, I like a wide swathe of different genres, though my heart will always belong to traditional fantasy, cyberpunk, and space opera. I would also greatly prefer games that aren't "meatgrinders," steering clear of famous challenges such as the Temple of Elemental Evil, Tomb of Horrors, et cetera, et cetera. I'm a sucker for classic stereotypes (save the princess, stop the Empire) and greatly enjoy games of a more heroic nature rather than those of a more malign bent. Story should always trump numbers, and it's always been my preference to play games where you really get to know a character rather than continuously chuck fists full of d6s at stuff.

That's about it, really! I'm certainly open to joining some games and getting started here on UnlimitedRPGs, so if you think I might be a good fit or are looking for more players in-general, by all means, let me know :D
PsionicPancake

Postby Herzog » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Any players out there?
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby crookshanks » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:02 pm

User Name: Crookshanks
---------------------------------

Time Zone: USA Central
--------------------------------

Posting Times/ Ability Per Day: Twice a day, perhaps more on weekends. :D :D
--------------------------------

What I can Bring To Your Game: An excellent roll player who likes to get into character, not to mention a person who has both the time to actually post often and the dedication to follow through. :D
-------------------------------

Link to character being advertised: N/A as yet.
------------------------------

Posting style:

Entering the tavern I drew looks as I always do. I can’t blame folk I suppose. It rare for one such as myself to be found in the more humanoid settlements, but that doesn’t make the looks any easier to deal with. To often some joker, drunken on ale and wanting to impress his friends, will try and start something - if only to say he got the better of my race.

These encounters are generally quick and fairly one sides, though I make it a rule to try not to kill anyone unless I absolutely must.

Less hassle to buy a drink and keep to myself. Less mess as well.
------------------------------

Type of game I am looking to join: Any Dungeons & Dragons type setting. Preferably one where I can play a more monsterous beast or exotic race. :grr:
-----------------------------

Please feel free to PM me here if you think I would work well in your PbP.

Thanks for reading.

Crookshanks
crookshanks

Postby Stormstrider » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Ability to post - Frequently & all week long!

Game setting, preferably Pathfinder or D&D 3.5, but really willing to try anything.

Like for there to be plenty of story! but don't forget the dice rolling either! :wink:

I'm not a man of many words, but will talk more as I get more used to the setting & the game.
Stormstrider

Postby PMiller » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:43 am

I see you found the new PF game starting.

Like Crookshanks, please also check out the Black Company being run by Herzog. It is PF style fantasy, but using a rules lite system to focus more on role-playing instead of mechanics. We still roll dice, but use them to determine what to write instead the rolling be the primary focus of the gaming.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby crookshanks » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm still looking, and content. :)

Crookshanks
crookshanks

Postby PMiller » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:04 am

Stormrider, you can check out the Wayfarer’s Society too. If Emri is still interested, I might get something going for 1st levels after we get DM Unliving’s games off the ground.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Return to GETTING STARTED & GENERAL DISCUSSIONS