Welcome newcomers! Say hello here...

:) Welcome to Unlimited RPGs. :)

These forums are for new members to have a place to start and for new games to be created. Please post in the Welcome Newcomers! Thread and introduce yourself.

Also includes general out of game discussions and resources links

Moderators: Herzog, DM Sirine, PMiller

Re: Welcome newcomers! Say hello here...

Postby PMiller » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:50 am

mightymaltim wrote:Sorry that I haven't been around. My laptop got shorted out and I'm in the middle of trying to get it fixed. Rigjt now I've just got my phone which is far from the best way to post. I'm going to have to put off joining any new games until it's taken care of.
No worries.
I have noted that we have not heard anything more from Beardsmith either, so perhaps the idea will have to be shelved until people have more time.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PsionicPancake » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:26 pm

I know it might be a bit belated, but I'm rather tickled by the idea behind this whole "Don't Let it Go!" nonsense. Though a new player myself and unaccustomed to the Window system, I glossed over it after seeing your ad up in the GM's Seeking Player section and feel I can get a grip on it. So if you're willing to take a wholly new member to the site, I'd at least be willing to put in the effort therein :)
PsionicPancake

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:43 am

PsionicPancake wrote:I know it might be a bit belated, but I'm rather tickled by the idea behind this whole "Don't Let it Go!" nonsense. Though a new player myself and unaccustomed to the Window system, I glossed over it after seeing your ad up in the GM's Seeking Player section and feel I can get a grip on it. So if you're willing to take a wholly new member to the site, I'd at least be willing to put in the effort therein :)

Welcome to URPGs, PsionicPancake. :) I was going to reply in the other thread today, but here is more appropriate.

I see you have found the two games currently being advertised right now in the other Thread. Yes, you can play Don’t Let It Go!. All we really need is one more player and it can get rolling forward on character generation.

The Window is easy to learn. The challenge is capturing the essence of Pathfinder, but the conversion document provides plenty of examples. I have a few games using the Window now and they are all doing pretty well in the PbP environment.

I saw that you are quite experienced in gaming. How much of it is PbP?
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PsionicPancake » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:12 am

Not very much, truthfully. I had a pretty steady group for quite a while, then we eventually migrated to using Roll20 and playing over Skype after it started becoming more problematic to meet in-person. Nowadays, we don't even do much of that, sadly :(

That being said, I've got a lot of free time on my hands now. Like, an embarrassing amount. Posting itself shouldn't be a problem, though it often comes about later in the evening for me since I sleep during the day and work at night.
PsionicPancake

Postby DM Sirine » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:45 am

Hey, welcome, PsionicPancake!

I have you say, if you join Admin-PMiller's game, you are guaranteed to have a long-lasting game that updates extremely steadily - something that can be a rarity here in the play by post world!
DM Sirine
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PsionicPancake » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks! And that's great to hear! Really, I'd just like to find myself one or two solid, steady games, maybe run one of my own, and settle in for the long haul :D

If you're still okay with me comin' aboard, PMiller, I'll go ahead and start working on a concept. I'm sure I'll have something up for you soon-ish :)
PsionicPancake

Postby PMiller » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:38 am

PsionicPancake wrote:That being said, I've got a lot of free time on my hands now. Like, an embarrassing amount. Posting itself shouldn't be a problem, though it often comes about later in the evening for me since I sleep during the day and work at night.

Sounds fine. Most games there is never a need to post more than once per day anyway. Most players typically can only post 2-3 times per week.

PsionicPancake wrote:If you're still okay with me comin' aboard, PMiller, I'll go ahead and start working on a concept. I'm sure I'll have something up for you soon-ish :)

Sure. Go ahead and post discussion in the game forum. LMiller has not done anything more since his initial interest post because we are waiting until we can get three players. I will have to start putting feelers out for 1-2 more.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby atone410 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:24 am

Hello.

I'm only doing this because you told me to. I'm shy. I like writing, but I'm long long out of practice. I don't think I've really written a good story in a good while.

Currently, due to a highly traumatic and tumultuous life, I've found myself leaning towards my escapism roots again. I prefer something that is going to be a little outlandish and not remind me of the way my life is going currently. That being said, fantasy, other worlds, sci-fi. No schools, every day life, no in-the-offices. Also, I can only participate in original works where I have a hand in creating the story, instead of having to follow a line such as history or a fandom.

Please keep in mind that I am out of practice so while my posts may be bulky, they may also be dry or repetitious. If you notice anything I've done in one of my posts that I could change to make my style a bit better, send me a message. I'm always open to improvement. And learning how to write better may help to keep my personal things off my mind until I can properly emotionally deal with everything.

Also keep in mind that I work at least 40 hours a week, so my posts may be a little delayed from here to there. So please have patience with me.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggested stories they think I might enjoy, or if anyone wants to start one with me, just drop me a note.
atone410

Postby DM Sirine » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:18 am

Hey, atone410!

I'm really glad to see someone new here. :) It seems like it happens so infrequently.

Welcome, and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I agree that writing can be a great balm in times of stress, and a fun bit of escapism at all times.

Tell us more about what kinds of games/stories you've enjoyed in the past, or are interested in pursing now. We do have a "Freeform writing games and stories" forum which you have probably noticed, where a few of us have created storylines. If you haven't seen it, it's here:

viewforum.php?f=460

That might be a possibility for you.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting more with you. :)
DM Sirine
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:02 am

Welcome, Atone.

I second checking out the Impromptu Roleplaying. Some of the recent stuff there has been quite enjoyable. We could use a new thread or two for some cooperative RPing.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby atone410 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 pm

DM Sirine wrote:Tell us more about what kinds of games/stories you've enjoyed in the past, or are interested in pursing now.

Well, in the past I've done mostly science fiction and fantasy. My favorite ones [that ended up never being finished due to inactivity on either my part or another party] would probably be something I would like to do again. I had one sci-fi where my character was stranded on an abandoned but perfectly fertile mining planet. The company had never come back for her and she had to survive for years on her own until a bounty hunter had ended up on the planet looking for a fugitive and mistaking her for that fugitive. Another one I played around with a lot in multiple different threads was about being caught in a wood full of mystical creatures that would either kill you or be your friend. That one was normally a one-liner jump in style, and the freedom the players had in the world since there was no story line and no set area or time period, made it rather interesting. As far as any others, it has been so very long since I've had the time that I just don't remember. But I do like fantasy aspects a lot. If anyone wanted to start one with me about anything in that sense, I'd give anything a shot.

But otherwise, I think I will check out that thread, so thank you both for the suggestion. :D
atone410

Postby Ghost » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Kind of looking for a game. I have been a long time member of this site. I have also been a part of an award winning RP game on UL waaaaay back (alas it was erased because of issues). I am looking for a 3.5 game as Ghost, and I promise I will be friendly...

Don't matter what level as Ghost has been almost every level in multiple different games and worlds.
Ghost
The Friendliest

Postby PMiller » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 am

Ghost wrote:Kind of looking for a game. I have been a long time member of this site. I have also been a part of an award winning RP game on UL waaaaay back (alas it was erased because of issues). I am looking for a 3.5 game as Ghost, and I promise I will be friendly...

Don't matter what level as Ghost has been almost every level in multiple different games and worlds.

What sort of character is Ghost? I might be able to squeeze him into Group A of the Adventurer's Guild. They are at a point where I could introduce a new party member as they are starting a new scenario.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Ghost » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Ghost was a Rogue. I made this character back in my teens, back when having a loner character was cool, I guess. He's abrasive and had problems with authority. As i have seen many games, these traits have been used over and over again. Though, I did promise to be friendlier with him :)

I might have to check out group A if you needed a nother player. I can post regulary, or when needed.
Ghost
The Friendliest

Postby Delia2531 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:11 am

Hi folks!

PMillar brought me across to the site from MythWeavers as he's brining our existing The Window Shadowrun game here.

Despite the profile name I am male and use he/him/his pronouns; I picked up the Delia nickname at University for baking cakes and pies! :)

Glad to find a new community of PbP people; as well as mythweavers I've played at GiTP and the ill-fated Plothooks.

I'm currently playing SR4, D&D 3.5, PF and The Window on PbP and a slow-burning D&D 5e RL campaign with the occaissional Gammaworld session to fill the gaps.
Still getting used to the site; please bear with. :)
Delia2531

PreviousNext

Return to GETTING STARTED & GENERAL DISCUSSIONS