The Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

The Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 am

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN ANY OF THE GROUPS, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***



Human Male 1st Level Wizard, Keelynasta XP: 75
Raptoran male 1st Level Scout, Lathil Cladulonna XP: 0
Human Male 1st Level Cleric, Longshanks XP: 0
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:05 am

--- Enter Longsahanks ---

As you enter into the common room of the Guild, you see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.

The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image

Keelynasta and Lathil are enjoying the lyrics of the nearby bard. They have concluded that misunderstanding and are being given some peace while they consider finding some other adventurers to join up with.

spoiler: show
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 am

Having his belonging secured from prying hands, the winged man leans back in a booth relieved the incident over. Lathil is now mindful of the musicians, but concludes as long as they dont look his way that he should be fine. Magic can be such a complicated thing.

"Has there been any sign of the dwarf while we were in the backroom?" the birdman asks Keelynasta. If the wizard was able to divine Lathils name, than he should be able to discern whether a dwarf had entered the room.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby longshanks » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

Longshanks, a human of middling height, carrying a long staff, dressed in rough traveler's clothes -- not vestments -- yet displaying Fharlanghn's device prominently on his chest, ducks into the tavern. He approaches the bartender and pulls out several silver, "A tankard of hard cider or brown ale, whichever is better here, barkeep."

After securing his drink, Longshanks nods his thanks, leans back against the bar and takes a long pull, wiping the back of his hand across his mouth, "Ah, that is good for clearing the dust of the road from one's throat."

He glances about the room, trying to spot the Dwarf Deves Markham:
spoiler: show
Spot_: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19 or Search_: 1D20+2 = [3]+2 = 5, whichever is appropriate

If he doesn't see him, Longshanks will continue to drink, now sipping and nursing it, while he watches the room a bit, trying to pick up its overall mood:
spoiler: show
User avatar
longshanks
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:52 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Thinking to himself as he watches the new face enter the bar "no more drama please, between a drunken bar fight with an angry dwarf......which somehow I miraculously won.. and the whole incident with being accused of stealing from the winged man when it was really the musician and his friend, either way it cant get any worse he tells himself over and over again" after thinking to himself for some time he sits at the seat next too Lathil, yells to Grog for another drink and drops a silver on the bar and asks what the food specials were for the day. He then turns to Lathil to answer his question "I do not think the dwarf we need to talk is here at the moment so we shall just wait it out a little longer " Keelynasta then turns to the visitor and waves to him too join him and Lathil
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Image

The grumpy half-orc bartender puts some ale on the counter-top and says, "Dat be ork piss. Foa coppa." He is holding up all five fingers though for the number and takes the silver piece away, putting five copper coins back in its place.

Looking around, Longshanks does see a few dwarves, but none that don't appear to be patrons in the drinking establishment or just other fellow adventurer types.

spoiler: show
OOC: Not sure what we are going to do with one yet. but I will role-play it for a bit.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 am

" In this tavern, one does not need to wait long for adventure. " Lathil responds before noting Keelynastas wave. Turning his head the bird man sees the new patron at the bar. He too gestures for the newcomer to join them. Their last comrad had left company, his feelings most likely hurt over the pickpocket ordeal.
Never question a palladins integrity without threat of hurting feelings.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Keelynasta turns towards his companion "So what training did they make you endure where you came from before you left home"?
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 am

Sorry, with the OOC discussion points in Grp E never answered, Longshanks worked into another game, and Anguis with plenty of other games to keep him busy, I am going to close it up.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan


Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron